PDA

View Full Version : Happy Day

Colif
07-18-2013, 06:20 AM
I just got Assassin rank, the 5k grind for bolt action nearly drove me nuts. I now have Assassin, Ravager, Commando & Tank ranks, no more weapon grinds.. yay. The emptiness hasn't hit me yet (associated with having no aims now), I am just glad I can use whatever I want from here on (not that I was forced to do the pursuits).

Now to get the kill on scrapper boss... been after that for months, I have been using a telespanner but I think i keep missing out to people using smg's.. two can play that game.

Hints:

If you have the 500 decoy kills to do, go to Headfirst crater, grab a rocket launcher or detonator (maybe) and lead the hellbugs in the crater astray. Get a big group, cue decoy and blow them all up. I got 450 kills in just over an hour there yesterday.

I did the sniper kills on raiders near a mine that one of the chapter quests is at, 13 raiders that respawn real fast. Sure, there are other options but people seem to know them and it gets crowded.

Sawn off ranks, BMG Ranks, Infectors: Hunt infected, stand on pillar or truck, laugh at them as they cant reach you. Kill sickos as their ranged is a pain. For sawn off, use a courier.

L Y
07-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Congratulations. Inside your assassin backpack is a free cookie! The type and flavor was chosen by your desires and cravings via your EGO. Von Bach Industries: a delicious way to annihilate your enemies.

X64
07-18-2013, 06:30 AM
I just got Assassin rank, the 5k grind for bolt action nearly drove me nuts. I now have Assassin, Ravager, Commando & Tank ranks, no more weapon grinds.. yay. The emptiness hasn't hit me yet (associated with having no aims now), I am just glad I can use whatever I want from here on (not that I was forced to do the pursuits).

Now to get the kill on scrapper boss... been after that for months, I have been using a telespanner but I think i keep missing out to people using smg's.. two can play that game.

Hints:

If you have the 500 decoy kills to do, go to Headfirst crater, grab a rocket launcher or detonator (maybe) and lead the hellbugs in the crater astray. Get a big group, cue decoy and blow them all up. I got 450 kills in just over an hour there yesterday.

I did the sniper kills on raiders near a mine that one of the chapter quests is at, 13 raiders that respawn real fast. Sure, there are other options but people seem to know them and it gets crowded.

Sawn off ranks, BMG Ranks, Infectors: Hunt infected, stand on pillar or truck, laugh at them as they cant reach you. Kill sickos as their ranged is a pain. For sawn off, use a courier.

Congrats! That was actually my 1st 5000 pursuit to be done - pop 5000 dark matter heads.

Maitreakow
07-18-2013, 06:50 AM
Congrats, that is my last combat pursuit I have to finish.

I listen to this for encouragement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BDGqIfm8U

Remag Div
07-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Congrats. I managed to grind mine out at Bolinas.

I currently have the Recruit-A-Friend E-Rep Heavy Trooper outift with Assassin title. It reminds me of a ninja assassin in Metal Gear Solid. lol

Olaf
07-18-2013, 09:43 AM

Hints:

where is this headfirst crater?

Hope499
07-18-2013, 09:58 AM
congratulations. Inside your assassin backpack is a free cookie! The type and flavor was chosen by your desires and cravings via your ego. Von bach industries: A delicious way to annihilate your enemies.

hahahahha awesome!!!!!!!!

Maitreakow
07-18-2013, 10:06 AM
where is this headfirst crater?

Across from Bug 'n Chug IIRC

TravelerX1
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Congrats man! This is the last one I need to do and I am sllllllowly grinding out those 5000 kills

Colif
07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Congrats man! This is the last one I need to do and I am sllllllowly grinding out those 5000 kills

I found it was easier to just concentrate on getting weapon levels, one a day or more, instead of kill count. I ended up being lvl 16 at end, some of the bonuses are worth the effort anyway. I made mistake of working out how many laps of area I needed to do to get the last 447 (today) and looking at my score tick down was too much, especially when people would kill things in the belief they were helping me. They might understand one day if they decide to do same.

I used a lmg as close quarters weapon and almost got a full lvl just from the few times I had to use it rather than a sniper... i sometimes had 3 raiders shooting at me close up so it and decoy were life savers.

Yes, headfirst is across from Bug N Chug. I had all the explosives perks and assassins cache for the extra ammo, as well as another that gives more ammo drops. You might run out of ammo otherwise.