PDA

View Full Version : Glad I preordered at WalMart

Ichidakiller
03-27-2013, 09:49 PM
So I was thinking since most gamestops are not doing a midnight release for defiance.
It got me thinking I am so glad I preordered at WalMart.
Anyone else order it at Walmart? After hearing about the deluxe edition delay and gamestops not doing midnight release.
Who else is going to be gaming with me at 12am got the day off from work tons of arkfalls and quests to do and a charger to cruise around in.

CleverBanks
03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Have fun I'll play it 9 hours after you...when the rest of the world will be playing.

PuppetSin
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
So I was thinking since most gamestops are not doing a midnight release for defiance.
Anyone else order it at Walmart? After hearing about the deluxe edition delay and gamestops not doing midnight release.
Who else is going to be gaming with me at 12am got the day off from work tons of arkfalls and quests to do and a charger to cruise around in.

I also pre-ordered at the Walmart here in the Big Island (Hawaii) Most midnight releases here are at 10pm. But we are -3 hours now due to daylight savings

DigitalPhail
03-27-2013, 10:05 PM

My gamestop is doing a midnight release, and the delay is only toward UK versions

mrsmileyyyyyyy
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
i hate you for this posted

AzureKite
03-27-2013, 10:11 PM
I didn't think of that :0 I pre ordered mine at gamestop. I have school that day tho. So I'm getting it later that day ^^)

DigitalPhail
03-27-2013, 10:14 PM
I didn't think of that :0 I pre ordered mine at gamestop. I have school that day tho. So I'm getting it later that day ^^)

I have 2nd, and 3rd off so im going at 10 on the first. Watch it be a april fools joke lol

AzureKite
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I have 2nd, and 3rd off so im going at 10 on the first. Watch it be a april fools joke lol

Lucky son of a gun! Haha. I wish I lived in cali , anyways you have 48 hours of full grinding!

CharmCitysKing
03-27-2013, 10:40 PM
most walkmarts arent 247 and big deal 9 hours who cares hahahaha wow i swear nerds these days (im sorry i just had to)

Ichidakiller
03-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Playing is one thing. I was think more about locking down the name I want.

CharmCitysKing
03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Playing is one thing. I was think more about locking down the name I want.

I wonder what they are gona do about that since its like choosing a xbox name. you cant use the name more than once, I couldnt even get my name, Jamie the 1st dya of the betta...In about 1 year (if the game is still popping) what will people do about names? Im guessing just reuse there gamer tag is what its gonna come down to

ROYAL Legends
03-27-2013, 11:20 PM
getting an mmo before everyone else is like playing a game alone, have fun getting no where and just tiring yourself out

SETit_allABLAZE
03-27-2013, 11:40 PM
I ordered from walmart considering they are open 24/7 lol i dont sleep til 5 am so i will be on.

A s0t
03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
people it doesn't matter when you get the game it only matters when they turn on the servers. rumored to be 10 am west coast time

would really like to have a real answer on this

DigitalPhail
03-27-2013, 11:50 PM
people it doesn't matter when you get the game it only matters when they turn on the servers. rumored to be 10 am west coast time

ah ill be able to open my UE and look around in it and get some sleep if thats the case...ill wake up at 9:30am to prepare myself :D

Xiiego94
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Damn PSN store updating in the afternoon...

Codicakes
03-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Im off school from the second to like the 8th (Y)

Saintchris
03-28-2013, 04:43 AM
im not sure what time Trion will be opening there servers. You are not going to be able to play until they do since online is reqired.

PeaceMaker
03-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Ill be on I pre-ordered at walmart cause they mainly open 24/7 I wasn't dam sure not pre-ordering at Gamestop they f**** me over to much >.>

mikepaul
03-28-2013, 04:52 AM
I like being mikepaul just about everywhere but if I have to pick a different name for the CHARACTER I'll live.

I just wonder if the servers will be up and ready as soon as people get back from WalMart at 12:25AM on Day 1...

BleakPanther
03-28-2013, 06:12 AM
If you need a hint of time the servers will start check https://twitter.com/sledgehammer70 there's a twitter convo from yesterday with info.

DeadlySkidmarx
03-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Who else is going to be gaming with me at 12am got the day off from work tons of arkfalls and quests to do and a charger to cruise around in.I thought about that earlier so I took my pre-order out of gamestop and ran over to wally world.

A s0t
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
If you need a hint of time the servers will start check https://twitter.com/sledgehammer70 there's a twitter convo from yesterday with info.

really you couldn't have copied and paste the conversation on here :p

Rusty
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Glad I own a video and gaming store. So i will LITERALLY be online the second its out! :)

DKenchi
03-28-2013, 07:58 AM
So what if some of you guys pre order from walmart and get yours at midnight at least when you pre order from gamestop you get more and better pre order bonus's

BleakPanther
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM
really you couldn't have copied and paste the conversation on here :p

Yeah I could have just not posted aything or said "search the forums!" since Sledge already posted the same info a few days ago... I figured reading the info first hand might make it a bit more real for people.

Blackfall
03-28-2013, 08:06 AM

would really like to have a real answer on this

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8916-Actual-quot-Launch-quot-Time&p=107094&viewfull=1#post107094

Also, all the preorders get the same thing unless you get the ultimate edition. The only thing that is different is the weapon, which I don't anticipate being all that special.

Now if you ordered through steam, you get tiered rewards, but....walmart and gamestop have essentially the same preorder advantages.

A s0t
03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Glad I own a video and gaming store. So i will LITERALLY be online the second its out! :)
no you won't, da servers need to be up

@blackfall thank you, i cant wait for the official word though

Radz
03-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Doesn't really matter to me. I probably won't get the chance to play until Saturday anyhow...

Dead Body
03-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Nah you wont, yo'l be too busy dealing with all ur customers trying to get a refund because......
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10504-Stupid-Reasons-to-Cancel-Your-Defiance-Preorder

Ichidakiller
03-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Servers will be online midnight est. So for those saying won't be able to play until servers do live....im hopping online as soon as I get home.

Dodece
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
The store in question may indeed be open, but the service in question may not be available. I know a lot of gamers like to think that the world revolves around them, but until a store is ready to unpack the product in question it isn't available for sale. You have to remember they are only promising to provide you the game on release day, and not specifically at midnight. They may not be ready to sell you the game until many hours later.

You most certainly aren't the first person to think of this, and you wouldn't be the first person to leave the store empty handed. It actually happens quite often. This is a large bulk retailer, and not a specialty shop. You cannot treat them as if they are the same. It is a matter of logistics. If what you want is on the bottom of the mountain of merchandize they get each day, and you come in just as they are starting to tear it apart. You probably wont be getting what you came for.

My advice to you would be to call ahead to see if they will have the item in question available and ready for sale at midnight. There is no point in being out at that hour only to come up empty handed. If you don't do that then you have no reason to complain. Oh and if it is a special edition that is going through their site to store pick up system. Call to make sure it is even open at that hour. A lot of stores don't offer that service twenty four hours a day.

Ichidakiller
03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
The store in question may indeed be open, but the service in question may not be available. I know a lot of gamers like to think that the world revolves around them, but until a store is ready to unpack the product in question it isn't available for sale. You have to remember they are only promising to provide you the game on release day, and not specifically at midnight. They may not be ready to sell you the game until many hours later.

You most certainly aren't the first person to think of this, and you wouldn't be the first person to leave the store empty handed. It actually happens quite often. This is a large bulk retailer, and not a specialty shop. You cannot treat them as if they are the same. It is a matter of logistics. If what you want is on the bottom of the mountain of merchandize they get each day, and you come in just as they are starting to tear it apart. You probably wont be getting what you came for.

My advice to you would be to call ahead to see if they will have the item in question available and ready for sale at midnight. There is no point in being out at that hour only to come up empty handed. If you don't do that then you have no reason to complain. Oh and if it is a special edition that is going through their site to store pick up system. Call to make sure it is even open at that hour. A lot of stores don't offer that service twenty four hours a day.

On Twitter they have said the servers will be live 12am EST which means midnight on April 2nd so as soon as I pick the game up at my 24hr WalMart I will be locking down the 2names I want

War Master Degan
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
As far as I know my GS is having a mid-night release so I'm happy.

Dodece
03-28-2013, 10:22 AM
@ichidakiller

The service I was referencing was the filling of the pre-order itself. If you had even bothered to read my post rather then spouting off. You might have seen that I was offering you some seriously helpful advice. This chain doesn't typically, or at least consistently offer up midnight sales. In other words it is highly likely that you will go in to pick it up at midnight, and get turned away with a smile, and told to come back in the morning.

Once again I highly recommend that you call ahead to confirm that the item will be available for sale at midnight. This company isn't promising you that they will sell you the game at midnight. Just that they will sell it to you on release day. Which for them might not be until the sun has come up. About the only time you can be certain of a midnight launch with Walmart is when the store in question expressly promotes a midnight launch.

I have heard this grand scheme countless times in regards to countless games. More often the not the person gets back online a couple hours later to cuss the store out, because they wouldn't sell them the game in question until the next morning. Yes this is something that happens a lot. Don't be a victim. Curb your passions, call the store in question. Don't be that guy who just made the amateurish assumption that release day equated to a midnight sale. Most often it doesn't just as it isn't for smaller specialty stores in this case.

Rabid Cat
03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
I canceled my preorder from Gamestop yesterday, and went with WalMart as well. Not enough preorders at GS to have a midnight release....

I gotta make sure I can get my charachter name XxxXSuperShooterGuyXxxX before someone else snags it :P jk

Ichidakiller
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Well not sure how your WalMart works but the local one here at 12am rolls around they start placing the game in the cases for sale. Midnight release or not. I always order from WalMart if the local gamestop isn't having a midnight release and never had an issue.
So...I really dont have a clue as to what your talking about.
order 20games from WalMart over the last couple of years never once got told nope its midnight but we won't sell it to you until the morning. Sound like who ever that happened to got screwed by a lazy employee or a shipping error where they dont even have the product to sale and are waiting for it in the early morning shipments.

souless
03-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Hmmm getting it at midnight or the ultimate edition with all the cool stuff choices choices. Ill take all the content please. :D. O and just to let everyone know it depends on how many people preorder a game at gs that determines if the game gets a midnight opening. If 150 people preorder a my little pony game it might get a midnight opening so it depends on area.

SETit_allABLAZE
03-28-2013, 08:59 PM
@ichidakiller

The service I was referencing was the filling of the pre-order itself. If you had even bothered to read my post rather then spouting off. You might have seen that I was offering you some seriously helpful advice. This chain doesn't typically, or at least consistently offer up midnight sales. In other words it is highly likely that you will go in to pick it up at midnight, and get turned away with a smile, and told to come back in the morning.

Once again I highly recommend that you call ahead to confirm that the item will be available for sale at midnight. This company isn't promising you that they will sell you the game at midnight. Just that they will sell it to you on release day. Which for them might not be until the sun has come up. About the only time you can be certain of a midnight launch with Walmart is when the store in question expressly promotes a midnight launch.

I have heard this grand scheme countless times in regards to countless games. More often the not the person gets back online a couple hours later to cuss the store out, because they wouldn't sell them the game in question until the next morning. Yes this is something that happens a lot. Don't be a victim. Curb your passions, call the store in question. Don't be that guy who just made the amateurish assumption that release day equated to a midnight sale. Most often it doesn't just as it isn't for smaller specialty stores in this case.

My walmart said they will have them for sale at midnight lol.

Xylie Star
03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Lol me too! I'm not sleeping for 2 days!

Sidious Strange
03-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm getting mine at Gamestop, but sadly I have some doctors appointments/test to deal with that day, so I may not really get to play until later that evening or maybe even April 3/Wednesday. But I'm looking forward to it!

SETit_allABLAZE
03-29-2013, 04:26 AM

also, you mean a challenger :)