PDA

View Full Version : Using G300 gaming mouse [BANNED]?

esteysa
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
got banned days ago

ive set a macro for ALT button about 22 milisec between press(so i can dodge easier)
does this mouse is the cause that i got banned? saw many ppl complain about this.
of coz i didn't use any cheating stuff.
now i have to wait for 72 hours and i'm affraid i going to get ban again.

please reply with advise
i bought this game from steam only 3-4 days ago :(

Tyger
07-18-2013, 12:09 PM
I seriously doubt you got banned for something like that. I use a G13 and a naga and also have certain things macro'd out to a single keypress.

<----Still here roxin' it yo'.

jazz
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
got banned days ago

ive set a macro for ALT button about 22 milisec between press(so i can dodge easier)
does this mouse is the cause that i got banned? saw many ppl complain about this.

please reply with advise

you bought the game 3-4 days ago and then got banned days ago, what did you get banned after playing the game 1 day? and what exactly did they tell you the ban was for?

esteysa
07-18-2013, 01:11 PM
e-mail saying I'm using third party software, I am suspended for 72 hours, and this is my first and final warning.

like this guy
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?52417-72-Hour-ban

Samyaza
07-18-2013, 01:17 PM
got banned days ago

please reply with advise

Is it only me.... who understands why? "macro" = ban and g13 worked (theory crafting)

Only reason the naga & g13 worked is Tyger did not program a macro to activate a movement in game after a set period of time when activated by a click....

He directly set up for the Gkeys to be the alt thus when he hit g1 or whatever he dodged...

NEVER use macros unless specified that they are ok.

Keep in mind not all mmo's are as lenient as wow.

maxila
07-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I can see how Trion would think macro'ing a trigger press is cheating. If they wanted a semi automatic to be an automatic they would have put the option on the gun... duh? Press the trigger manually or use an automatic.

Orbital
07-18-2013, 02:24 PM
I use an old Logitech MX518, you can program dodge roll to the side buttons in the options without using a macro? I have been using it for a long time with no issues. I would contact them and find out exactly what you were doing wrong, if possible. You should be able to use live-chat support for account issues.

Conneri
07-18-2013, 02:40 PM
it's possible they saw the "holding down a button equals rapidly hitting it" as the reason. However, that seems unlikely. This is something that is actually ok in other mmos since it's merely a hardware saving feature as each device only has so many clicks before it fails. Then again, Defiance may be more strict. Probably best to find out more information from them directly.

jazz
07-18-2013, 05:02 PM
looking at the EULA (http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/) the line: use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience is where they got the OP if he was using macros and it seems that Trion will be strictly enforcing this

like Samyaza says it is a good policy imho to NOT use macros with any online game unless you are specifically told it is OK by the developers so you don't get into situations like this

Strontium Dog
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I can see how Trion would think macro'ing a trigger press is cheating. If they wanted a semi automatic to be an automatic they would have put the option on the gun... duh? Press the trigger manually or use an automatic.

What you mean like use a control does ? xbox and ps3 controllers give you auto fire with no macro.

X64
07-18-2013, 07:31 PM
I seriously doubt you got banned for something like that. I use a G13 and a naga and also have certain things macro'd out to a single keypress.

<----Still here roxin' it yo'.

He's using his Naga Phone alright. ;)

esteysa
07-18-2013, 08:36 PM
so setting Alt button on my mouse is OK... but setting macro is cheatting right?
thx u all for advise

Samyaza
07-18-2013, 09:12 PM
so setting Alt button on my mouse is OK... but setting macro is cheatting right?
thx u all for advise

yea that is it completely...

Yea it is a bit tarded but eh that's life

Samyaza
07-18-2013, 09:17 PM
thx u all for advise

Small add in, there is some games that allow direct G key set up... many don't

So set it in an off key you don't use then let your mouse do all the work...

also some games let you do multi key actions [ie. Shift + F = dodge] so check if your game can do it then set it up for that combo

I know that the Logitech G-key works with multi buttons... but the game has to as-well

Goforce
07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey,

I'm Using 1 razer Naga Epic, 1 Logitech G19 and 1 Logitech G13 since years.

I've never been ban in a MMO and I have played/tested every MMO since years.

I use also the macro and Gkey but not for automated things so getting banned for using this materiels is very unlikely.

esteysa
07-19-2013, 12:38 AM
i can't risk anymore :(
think i have to play without macro since i'm not sure what's the cause.

esteysa
07-19-2013, 02:06 AM
a bit disappointed but thx u all

maxila
07-19-2013, 09:54 AM
What you mean like use a control does ? xbox and ps3 controllers give you auto fire with no macro.

I haven't played the game on XBOX or PS3, even if they do allow a single shot semi-auto gun to be auto fired by holding the trigger think about it.... It's the same for everyone playing on the servers, no one has an unfair advantage. On a PC it's not, you need add on software and a macro script to do it, altering the game functionality only for a few because that is not able to be done by a vanilla game installed on a PC.

I use a gaming a mouse with certain game functions like, sprint, roll, melee, mapped to my extra mouse buttons, but that is supported in game, the auto fire of a semi auto weapon is not. So I agree with Trion, for a PC at least, its cheating.

Now I hope he doesn't get perma banned for doing it before he was informed it was not allowed; most people should be given a chance to take corrective action and play the game. After being told a second or third time is a different story.

Samyaza
07-19-2013, 09:55 AM
a bit disappointed but thx u all

just in case you get banned.... R.I.P esteysa

HenryR
07-19-2013, 10:11 AM
just shows you how petty and pathetic Trion are !!!!
just because they didnt think of the it have send you to your room with no dinner stupid ***** !!

I have noticed that you never post anything positive about the game in any thread. Why are you here? If you hate the game so badly, why not play Crysis 3 or something else?

Shismar
07-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Trion had some bad experience with macroing and since then have been suspending/banning people for any minimal suspicion. Thankfully they cannot distinguish between real key/mouse presses and those coming from programmable mouses/keyboards. Or most of us would be banned, I am sure.

So, using macro-programmable devices is fine, using macro tools for not programmable devices is bad. Easy as that.

Krage
07-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I have used a G400 and G500s with Definace. I have the dodge (roll) mapped to a button on the mouse.
In my opinion after playing daily since launch is that you do not need a macro to dodge effectively.

I would advice dropping the macro and mapping the button in the defiance option screen.

Strontium Dog
07-20-2013, 03:28 AM
I haven't played the game on XBOX or PS3, even if they do allow a single shot semi-auto gun to be auto fired by holding the trigger think about it.... It's the same for everyone playing on the servers, no one has an unfair advantage. On a PC it's not, you need add on software and a macro script to do it, altering the game functionality only for a few because that is not able to be done by a vanilla game installed on a PC.

I use a gaming a mouse with certain game functions like, sprint, roll, melee, mapped to my extra mouse buttons, but that is supported in game, the auto fire of a semi auto weapon is not. So I agree with Trion, for a PC at least, its cheating.

Now I hope he doesn't get perma banned for doing it before he was informed it was not allowed; most people should be given a chance to take corrective action and play the game. After being told a second or third time is a different story.

I meant on PC with those controllers. Really easy and the trigger finger does auto fire.

If you use a Logitech board etc or mouse its easy to make a macro that adds a random gap or what have you to make an un-natural rhythm stopping anyone detecting macro in use and saving you from carpal tunnel etc :P

I rarely pvp in mmos because they arent made for it and its a joke or hackfest so it doesnt matter .In pve it really doesnt affect anything except epeen scoreboarding etc

Wizx13
07-20-2013, 04:26 AM
All you have to do is work inside the parameters set by Trion. It would be safe to say they use a program to monitor "suspicious" key sequence activity. With every program is a set of parameters it must follow before it flags you as a automated macro'r. This in return sets the tolerable lvl allowed before it considers you automated. Don't pass the lvl and you will be fine :)

Krighton
07-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Oh Jesus ****ing Christ, failed console port, dying TV Show and they're banning people over macros that come default with 99% of all gaming devices.

****ing Apple Inc..I will stay far far away now. Morons. YOU NEED PLAYERS TO STAY IN BUSINESS.

Conneri
07-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Thankfully they cannot distinguish between real key/mouse presses and those coming from programmable mouses/keyboards. Or most of us would be banned, I am sure.
So, using macro-programmable devices is fine, using macro tools for not programmable devices is bad. Easy as that.
I would advise against this line of thought if you enjoy playing the game. Using macros in any form is a path to getting yourself banned. Detecting device level macros isn't actually that much more difficult than software ones. Don't use macros at all is the best advise here.

Orbital
07-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Trion had some bad experience with macroing and since then have been suspending/banning people for any minimal suspicion. Thankfully they cannot distinguish between real key/mouse presses and those coming from programmable mouses/keyboards. Or most of us would be banned, I am sure.

Not sure about that, there is a guy that is on everyday spinning in cirlces using a bmg at coit tower. They are running a macro/script or something to queue up for waterfront pvp while afk almost all the time.

Shismar
07-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Not sure about that, there is a guy that is on everyday spinning in cirlces using a bmg at coit tower. They are running a macro/script or something to queue up for waterfront pvp while afk almost all the time.
That is quite possible, sure. As long as neither something triggers whatever macro detection they have in place nor someone reports them and a GM finds him AFK, nothing will happen.

AFK macroing will get you banned in most games though. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. Anything else usually won't. Well, except in Trion games that is.

Tiraelina
07-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Macros will get you banned in just about every game. It's just a matter of being caught or reported.

Keyboard/mouse/external macros are not similar to in-game macro systems either.

Fancypants
07-20-2013, 10:02 PM
I have noticed that you never post anything positive about the game in any thread. Why are you here? If you hate the game so badly, why not play Crysis 3 or something else?Not defending him but... this is kind of ironic.

You've been lurking for awhile, checking other people's posts and the first post you make is...

..complaining about someone else's post and nothing positive about the game?

Couldn't you have done:

Post #1: "Hi everyone! Just wanted to say.. I love Defiance and really glad to meet a lot of y'all!"

and then went all Negative Nancy?

dogtired
07-20-2013, 10:31 PM
sometimes they just get it wrong.

Samyaza
07-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Not defending him but... this is kind of ironic.

You've been lurking for awhile, checking other people's posts and the first post you make is...

..complaining about someone else's post and nothing positive about the game?

Couldn't you have done:

Post #1: "Hi everyone! Just wanted to say.. I love Defiance and really glad to meet a lot of y'all!"

and then went all Negative Nancy?

What kinda world do you think this is!!!

I can't stop laughing omg...... lol

NO ONE IS THAT COY or POLITE!

First instinct of everyone is to prejudge everything
Second is to find information
Third react on their prejudice if the information proves it right.

Call it... the blind date effect...

itgrowls
07-22-2013, 08:59 AM
That's a little like requiring people not use gamepads because they have third party software that comes with them?! That's not good. I actually left GW2 because they did that mess (altho GW2 decided to ban for all kinds of reasons even farming loot and events of all things).

My nostromo has macros I find they get in the way usually for this type of game. I'd love to have some sort of autorun on this game, weirdest thing I've ever seen is that they don't have one. I wonder if they'll ban me for telling the Nostromo that when I press the run button it will press and hold so that my toon runs forward automatically until I press it again because there ISN'T an autorun in this game! (I haven't done that but I feel I must do something to keep my hands from hurting after playing)

Daas
07-22-2013, 09:16 AM

First, ignorance of a law is no defense.
Second, he did say he got a 72 hour suspension for the first warning and has now been duly warned.

Daas
07-22-2013, 09:20 AM
That's a little like requiring people not use gamepads because they have third party software that comes with them?! That's not good. I actually left GW2 because they did that mess (altho GW2 decided to ban for all kinds of reasons even farming loot and events of all things).

My nostromo has macros I find they get in the way usually for this type of game. I'd love to have some sort of autorun on this game, weirdest thing I've ever seen is that they don't have one. I wonder if they'll ban me for telling the Nostromo that when I press the run button it will press and hold so that my toon runs forward automatically until I press it again because there ISN'T an autorun in this game! (I haven't done that but I feel I must do something to keep my hands from hurting after playing)

People tend to confuse macros/macroing with simple remapping of controls. Whether you use mouse button 1 or G6 to cause your weapon to fire is no difference. The software that provides that mapping is not cheating as it is simply remapping an action.

On the other hand, programming a button to facilitate autorun, a feature not present in the game, will more than likely be construed as macroing and result in a ban. There's really no difference between that, and coding a macro to allow a semi automatic weapon to suddenly become autofire.

maxila
07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
First, ignorance of a law is no defense.
Second, he did say he got a 72 hour suspension for the first warning and has now been duly warned.

That would be in line with what I said.

Eirxia
07-22-2013, 11:23 PM
e-mail saying I'm using third party software, I am suspended for 72 hours, and this is my first and final warning.

like this guy
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?52417-72-Hour-ban

This means you used an exploit of some kind... A lot of first person shooter style games use a scanner to scan for 3rd party programs GENERALLY used to cheat in the game.

Such as an aimbot, wallhack... etc.

STOP CHEATING *******... and you won't get banned.

And if you weren't... it has on ocassion been known to make mistakes, you'll need to contact CSR and explain the situation you may have to prove to them you weren't using a 3rd party software.

Samyaza
07-23-2013, 01:25 AM
This means you used an exploit of some kind... A lot of first person shooter style games use a scanner to scan for 3rd party programs GENERALLY used to cheat in the game.

Such as an aimbot, wallhack... etc.

STOP CHEATING *******... and you won't get banned.

And if you weren't... it has on ocassion been known to make mistakes, you'll need to contact CSR and explain the situation you may have to prove to them you weren't using a 3rd party software.

It also scan's game input... if it is beyond the reach of normal human capacities... yea banned

aka playing on the server "active" for 10 days straight without break (sleep, biobreaks, seconds between actions) BAN

But if you actually read Eirxia... the dude used a macro to roll .03 seconds after he hit the roll button attached to his mouse
While attaching roll to the mouse is ok, having a macro to preform a command in a given time isn't

Keep in mind, some programs like logitech's g key software lets you set delays, but if it is linked to the hard key it is fine...

It is the same as if you used the xbox controller on the pc

OverDoneOne
07-23-2013, 02:28 AM
It also scan's game input... if it is beyond the reach of normal human capacities... yea banned

aka playing on the server "active" for 10 days straight without break (sleep, biobreaks, seconds between actions) BAN

But if you actually read Eirxia... the dude used a macro to roll .03 seconds after he hit the roll button attached to his mouse
While attaching roll to the mouse is ok, having a macro to preform a command in a given time isn't

Keep in mind, some programs like logitech's g key software lets you set delays, but if it is linked to the hard key it is fine...

It is the same as if you used the xbox controller on the pc

I love this thread

Because I pointed out about 6 weeks ago that you can use a ps3 or x box controller on this game in PC Defiance and use turbo fire and setup macros thru the use of a program and that's why this one, got what was coming to him. Its not only the ps3 or x box controllers that are subject to this

Its any controller that can be programed thru the use of software, I remember back in the day when PunkBuster first came online and WHY due to players exploiting and using the chit out of macros that they could use cheats thru.

These little sux could trigger programs from within the game that gave an unfair advantage and what the OP did is a common mistake, but trust me to see a macro triggered program is a cheat and the moves it makes. You would flipout and say WTF

BTW Did you know you can use a macro to trigger another macro and so on and so forth, there really is no end to what you can do with macros. Even triggering programs on your disk as most cheaters do

My best guess is that Trion didn't want us to be able to Quick Flip Load outs and with a macro you can quick change anything and that's why theres no macro use allowed

Caswallawn
07-23-2013, 04:10 AM
saying about them watching for people outside normal human ability I got flagged for a broken mouse, my mouse is on it's last legs so it has the multi click fault from a dodgy switch, infact it's that bad I can hold the left mouse button and it will keep clicking indefinitely, but even using it properly one click is usually 2 or 3 so as you can imagine using a semi auto where your trying to click at speed the problem makes your clicks insanely fast.

but I don't see why you should be forced to buy new hardware because something is slightly faulty or get banned, more so when I normally buy high end gaming mice so it's not as if they are cheap.

it seems their detection is just far too strict in comparison to any other game on the market.

OverDoneOne
07-23-2013, 04:30 AM
saying about them watching for people outside normal human ability I got flagged for a broken mouse, my mouse is on it's last legs so it has the multi click fault from a dodgy switch, infact it's that bad I can hold the left mouse button and it will keep clicking indefinitely, but even using it properly one click is usually 2 or 3 so as you can imagine using a semi auto where your trying to click at speed the problem makes your clicks insanely fast.

but I don't see why you should be forced to buy new hardware because something is slightly faulty or get banned, more so when I normally buy high end gaming mice so it's not as if they are cheap.

it seems their detection is just far too strict in comparison to any other game on the market.

Why would you want to play a highly competive game with faulty equipment just makes no sense.

So whats the old saying; if it anit broken don't fix it, but going by that means if it is broken time to fix.

Hmmm

Heres the gist of my statement, I use a keyboard and mouse to play, nothing else just that and if it's faulty I buy a new one just because I can't afford not to

Like doin pvp you can tell the other player Ohh yeah man the only reason ya beat me was is that my mouse is faulty or worse yet he says you were cheating because you beat him with a sticky mouse LMFAO

Caswallawn
07-23-2013, 04:59 AM
this is a competitive game?

also a mouse clicking multiple times per click isn't really going to affect your play, it's not as if you can run out of ammo in this game.

Tiraelina
07-23-2013, 01:38 PM
this is a competitive game?

also a mouse clicking multiple times per click isn't really going to affect your play, it's not as if you can run out of ammo in this game.

Turning a semi-automatic into fully automatic isn't going to effect someone else in PvP or score based rewards?

Right.

The bigger question is why do you think they should have to cater to you being lazy and not fixing your faulty hardware?

Caswallawn
07-23-2013, 03:30 PM
PVP semi to full doesn't really matter unless the semi is already the FoTM gun.

as for the scores you can half arse it and still easily place in the top 5.

as for catering to0 someone being lazy and not replacing their hardware I have a 8200dpi mouse that cost over 100 that has a broken left click due to the speed I click and you think replacing the mouse is worth it when with the play style used in this you can develop the same problem in 3-6months.

but still thats beside the point me and a friend both did a test with fully working mice and we could still put out more clicks than their anti macro bollocks, so really the if you want to call anyone for being lazy it should be the players who play that slow they have to limit the speed and play styles of more skilled players, this is why there is no competitiveness in the game as the entire game is set up for the slow play style of consoles.