PDA

View Full Version : Trion Download Client for Defiance up!

Sanguinesun
03-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Go to your trion account and if you've already put your code(s) in, the client DL button is there n good to go!

Kisala
03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
awesome thanks for the heads up

Choppanob
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the tip.. downloading it right away

LordsOfSkulls
03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
now my question is for us who getting retail versions. >.> can we download the client ahead of time ?

MacDeath
03-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Go to your trion account and if you've already put your code(s) in, the client DL button is there n good to go!
Actually, even if you haven't entered your code(s) yet you WILL see the download link and it WILL download the launcher.

BUT... You have to log into the game to patch so... if no codes have been entered, you wont be able to patch.

terkwashere
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
This is great news...

If anyone can confirm that this will work even if you pre-ordered through Steam (I did so and added the appropriate codes to my Trion account info) that would be great.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Left hand, I would like to introduce you to right hand. Why don't you catch up on what you both have been up to?

RelativeBlue
03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't be prudent. Not gonna do it!

MacDeath
03-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Can anyone confirm that it IS actually patching? IF so, which codes have you entered; pre-order, Live, other?

Warlander
03-28-2013, 12:21 AM
why did my beta just patch ? any word yet if we have to re download or will this just update?

Deathsdoll
03-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Can anyone confirm that it IS actually patching? IF so, which codes have you entered; pre-order, Live, other?

Mine is patching right now 2mins to go :)

Kisala
03-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Mines got code applied and everything but when i try to log in to patch it says this account is not authorized to play defiance. For those of you its working for do you have a digital copy purchased or physical? I have a physical copy purchased

NinthPrejudice
03-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Seems like the preorder links are fixed for me since there's just the season pass left now. But my edition is written as standard. Anybody else bought deluxe/upgraded and it's showing as standard?

Pasha
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
"Login successful but your account is NOT ENTITLED to play Defiance"
(got both keys in "Transactions history")

And why I'm not surprised?...

Ferral72
03-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Getting : "Login successful but your account is NOT ENTITLED to play Defiance" as well

damny
03-28-2013, 01:14 AM
"Login successful but your account is NOT ENTITLED to play Defiance"
(got both keys in "Transactions history")

Getting that too. But the button seems to link to the beta patcher. I never played beta on PC so I'm not surprised I can't log in. Replacing "beta" with "live" in the URL yielded a patcher with a higher version number that did let me log in and is downloading something.

Kisala
03-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Yeah thats what it says. Just couldn't remember if it said authorize or entitled when i was typing my post ^^

Deathsdoll
03-28-2013, 01:23 AM
I have the DD from Trion and mine worked im all patched and ready to go.

KyrMirat
03-28-2013, 01:29 AM
lol well there's the hidden bonus for ordering direct from Trion. Still happy with my Steam pre-order now that it is jumping up but grats to those who can already download. Maybe the rest of us will luck out and they'll open up steam early.

Kisala
03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Looked into this on alpha forums. Seems only people able to start patching are people who ordered thru Trion. Hope this clears this up for ppl

damny
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Looked into this on alpha forums. Seems only people able to start patching are people who ordered thru Trion. Hope this clears this up for ppl

No. I ordered through Trion and the link on my account page gave me a patcher that doesn't let me log in. I could only log in when I replaced the "beta" in the URL with "live".

I did not play the PC beta (only PS3 due to time constraints) so this would be as expected if they accidentally put up links to the beta patcher.

Kisala
03-28-2013, 01:39 AM
Never said everyone could do it if they ordered thru trion. Only stated that everyone who posted success on alpha forums said they ordered thru trion and the ones who couldnt posted through other providers

Ferral72
03-28-2013, 01:40 AM
No. I ordered through Trion and the link on my account page gave me a patcher that doesn't let me log in. I could only log in when I replaced the "beta" in the URL with "live".

I did not play the PC beta (only PS3 due to time constraints) so this would be as expected if they accidentally put up links to the beta patcher.

I get the Error Still - my download was from the public/live/.... - Mine is a Preorder via Steam, so it makes sense that it's only working atm for Trion Preorder Purchases, since those are from the main source.

damny
03-28-2013, 01:40 AM
I get the Error Still - my download was from the public/live/.... - Mine is a Preorder via Steam, so it makes sense that it's only working atm for Trion Preorder Purchases, since those are from the main source.

Yes, if you didn't get a chance to apply a code to your Trion account then I'd expect it doesn't let you log in.

Yonpachi
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Can you just update the beta client?

Or have to download their release client
http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/587/9749326117.jpg

And download the whole thing?

GarfrostPAX
03-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Let's hope Steam allows us to install it through them soon as well. Would prefer having it downloaded through there. (In case you're curious as to why, I prefer the Install/Uninstall system of Steam over a regular installer. Less pointless actions to go through. And well, a centralized list of my games.)

Ferral72
03-28-2013, 01:58 AM
My steam keys for PREORDER_STEAM and Defiance Standard Edition was applied and shows in the transaction log. Guessing since i didn't preorder directly from Trion is why i get the error.

Truth
03-28-2013, 02:02 AM
also pre ordered from steam.. getting the same error as u guys

Bluegobln
03-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Good news if you have fast internets! Steam doesn't bog down for any game... too big to fall down. Its a fast download so I wont start worrying until its less than an hour till launch and I still cant download it. (Which isn't going to happen I am confident).

Defy
03-28-2013, 02:12 AM
is this a preload

Truth
03-28-2013, 02:14 AM
is this a preload

yeah pretty much

megaflux
03-28-2013, 02:15 AM
preordered through GMG, client is currently downloading. not in alpha.

delushin
03-28-2013, 02:18 AM
My steam has it as ready to play to which it seems its preloaded but just cant load the client atm, either way even if it hasnt it wont take long to DL.

CyrusTheVirus
03-28-2013, 02:21 AM
So those who Pre-ordered though Gamestop can't pre-download then I take it?

Xyr3s
03-28-2013, 02:34 AM
how does this work if u got it on steam?

Delte
03-28-2013, 02:50 AM
I pre-ordered through steam, got the patcher from my Trion accounts page but it says "login succsesfull. Your account is not authroized to play Defiance. "

I have the right cd keys on my account page as well. Guess Steam players will have to wait.

ANTI
03-28-2013, 03:01 AM
I pre-ordered through steam, got the patcher from my Trion accounts page but it says "login succsesfull. Your account is not authroized to play Defiance. "

Same here...

Yonpachi
03-28-2013, 03:36 AM
So beta client is not upgradeable to release client?

Saraya
03-28-2013, 03:43 AM

No, even non pre ordered accounts can download this client.

Unfortunately there is no announcement or visibility on what the client is for, however if non paying accounts have access to it, then either it really is the LIVE client and they're doing that as a courtesy for people who MAY consider buying the game. Or, it's all false.

Necroclysm
03-28-2013, 03:54 AM
No, even non pre ordered accounts can download this client.

Unfortunately there is no announcement or visibility on what the client is for, however if non paying accounts have access to it, then either it really is the LIVE client and they're doing that as a courtesy for people who MAY consider buying the game. Or, it's all false.

Anyone can download the patcher/launcher.

We are talking about actually downloading the game content, which it will not let everyone do at the moment. If you open the thing you downloaded, then attempt to login, it will either accept it and start patching or it will tell you your account is not authorized/entitled. It seems as though all Steam orders are currently having this problem, but we are not sure if any other groups are affected. Someone said their order through GMG let them start patching, for example.

Yonpachi
03-28-2013, 03:56 AM

We are talking about actually downloading the game content, which it will not let everyone do at the moment. If you open the thing you downloaded, then attempt to login, it will either accept it and start patching or it will tell you your account is not authorized/entitled. It seems as though all Steam orders are currently having this problem, but we are not sure if any other groups are affected. Someoneone said their order through GMG let them start patching, for example.

I bought mine from G2Play and im patching now

Saraya
03-28-2013, 04:18 AM

We are talking about actually downloading the game content, which it will not let everyone do at the moment. If you open the thing you downloaded, then attempt to login, it will either accept it and start patching or it will tell you your account is not authorized/entitled. It seems as though all Steam orders are currently having this problem, but we are not sure if any other groups are affected. Someoneone said their order through GMG let them start patching, for example.

Which is what they are talking about..the download link - everyone has access to it and everyone can install it.
The problem is it's not live content, or it is live content available to everyone for the reason I suggested.

Deimos
03-28-2013, 04:40 AM
I brought direct from Trion, logged in and I'm now patching.

Necroclysm
03-28-2013, 05:31 AM
Which is what they are talking about..the download link - everyone has access to it and everyone can install it.
The problem is it's not live content, or it is live content available to everyone for the reason I suggested.

No, the problem has nothing to do with that. It does download the Live installer after they fixed the link(was installing the beta version). However, it does not actually install the game or anything else without logging in...
The people it is letting log in ARE downloading the live data.

I think you are confused here, the launcher that everyone can download does not actually do anything by itself. It has no content in it and letting anyone download it doesn't matter because if they do not have a Defiance account with a serial code on the account, it will not let them do anything but look at a login screen.

The post you originally quoted was saying that according to people in the Alpha forums, only people who ordered from Trion directly have been able to get the game to start downloading the client(which it appears is wrong, instead it looks like only Steam purchasers cannot download the client). The client is not the download link. That is the launcher. 13 Megabytes of data available to anyone for download that does nothing except download and install the game IF you have an account with a serial key registered.

Put another way... if someone has not purchased the game and downloads the launcher from the download link, then when they purchase the game they are going to have to still download the 12+ GB(the entire game) and let it patch/install on April 2nd. It doesn't give them a headstart.
If someone purchased the game and downloaded the launcher from the link(and did not purchase from Steam), logged into it and started patching and installing right now, then on April 2nd they could play immediately(or do any minor patches they may deploy right before release). They will not be downloading the 12+ GB the others could not.
If someone purchased from Steam, downloaded the launcher from the link, and then tried to login right now, it fails and tells them they are not entitled and treats them as if they have not purchased the game. Currently they do not get to preload the game, just like someone without a Defiance account/didn't purchase yet.

Night Hawke
03-28-2013, 05:35 AM
ordered from Gamestop in US getting;

"Login Successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion World Support."

Jerzy
03-28-2013, 05:56 AM
Purchased from Trion direct and its allowing me to download the 16

Saroc
03-28-2013, 05:57 AM
So.. how many besides myself will keep trying to get in game in the far fetched hope that servers are coming up early?

EDIT: IIRC, Rift servers did just that..

INPD
03-28-2013, 06:09 AM
ordered from Gamestop in US getting;

"Login Successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion World Support."

I also preordered from Gamestop and getting this message.

Arkansas Slim
03-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Purchased from Trion direct and its allowing me to download the 16

If purchased from trion u do not need a code. Install patcher then open it an it will dl game.

Clarkeh
03-28-2013, 06:25 AM
The most important question still hasn't been answerd, can we go from beta client to release? Just fired up my beta client and i have no update so its not looking good...

Arkansas Slim
03-28-2013, 06:34 AM
The most important question still hasn't been answerd, can we go from beta client to release? Just fired up my beta client and i have no update so its not looking good...

No. Sign into trion worlds click defiance under manage games not defiance beta and then dl game client. Desktop will have two shortcuts ones beta other is full game

Jad
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM
The beta launcher is v.1.444792, what appears to be the "Live" launcher is v.1.448461.
I think the update to the beta launcher people may be getting is a few days old.

EdgeTW
03-28-2013, 06:59 AM
My download still has a while to go. Can anyone who has already completed from the new patcher list the completed directory size?

Blackwolfe
03-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Downloaded the client and installed it. "Login successful but not entitled to play defeiance blablabla". I guess I'll have to wait for release and slow download speeds :P

Clarkeh
03-28-2013, 07:04 AM
No. Sign into trion worlds click defiance under manage games not defiance beta and then dl game client. Desktop will have two shortcuts ones beta other is full game

Yea downloaded the launcher (the non beta one) and now im getting the Not entitled to play defiance message yet i was in Beta 3 and have pre-orderd through Steam and have put my codes into my trion account.

Edit: What im also worried about is i have pre-orderd the digital deluxe edition put the codes in and yet on my Trion Account its still asking me if i want to pre-order the deluxe edition ;S

Deimos
03-28-2013, 07:13 AM
When exactly is the game due to go live?

Clarkeh
03-28-2013, 07:14 AM
April 2nd is the release date and if im right Steam is gonna screw me over and have a day before to preload it...euurgh.

Jad
03-28-2013, 07:18 AM
When exactly is the game due to go live?

We have heard as early as April 1 10:00 PM Pacific time to April 2 8:00 AM Pacific time.
No official announcement for sure yet.

Arkansas Slim
03-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Yea downloaded the launcher (the non beta one) and now im getting the Not entitled to play defiance message yet i was in Beta 3 and have pre-orderd through Steam and have put my codes into my trion account.

Edit: What im also worried about is i have pre-orderd the digital deluxe edition put the codes in and yet on my Trion Account its still asking me if i want to pre-order the deluxe edition ;S

Cant speak to that problem since i bought from trion and that puts u in their system. Sorry but i cant speak to ur issues, maybe contact trion?

Baeralas
03-28-2013, 07:21 AM
OK so bought (and entered codes) defiance on Tuesday through Steam, thanks to this thread I have just checked my Trion account and download is available. Unfortunately when I go to Steam there is no option for me to download Defiance, does anyone have any idea if this will change during the Easter weekend or is Steam determined to screw me over?

EdgeTW
03-28-2013, 07:22 AM

I suspect that will continue to be the case until you enter your product code (which you're probably not going to receive from the retailer you purchased from until launch).

Baeralas
03-28-2013, 07:30 AM

I get this message too, this is because game is not released so officially no one is entitled to play it yet.

Chuck Zitto
03-28-2013, 07:31 AM
I would think there going to stage the preload so not everybody is hammering the dl at the same time. Maybe I am wrong though and it will only let you patch once your trion account management page has recognized your product code. If thats the case digial orders will be able to dl along with anybody who got a reciept with a product registration code.

solidhero22
03-28-2013, 07:34 AM
i will say this to all steam Defiance Players as i heard a community manager say, STEAM Defiance Players have to link their steam account to their trions account for you to be able to login on the launcher and download the game, unless this has been changed.

since your STEAM account is the only account that the game is on and your trion account does not yet have the information your STEAM account has of the game being there thats why you have to link them.

Chuck Zitto
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Game is patched. Patcher number is v.1448461 The defiance folder says its 10 gigs. Play button doesn't do anything. Game tries to load and says defiance client build 430126 then goes away like its gonna change to full screen and disappears.

Saraya
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Actually, even if you haven't entered your code(s) yet you WILL see the download link and it WILL download the launcher.

BUT... You have to log into the game to patch so... if no codes have been entered, you wont be able to patch.

Nice, simple clarification. Hopefully people who get the 'not entitled' message on the patcher will understand why.

Gaming Geek
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
I entered my steam code back when I put in the pre-order beta key. I can access and run the client from Trion's website.

It's normal for a MMO to do this. You won't be able to get into the Live Servers until Apr 2.
(edit) I did go through Trion help services to get into beta, so maybe they already linked my steam account...

Travie
03-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Bah, I'm going to wait for a dev comment before I download it.

Why wouldn't they have some sort of announcement!?

EdgeTW
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Bah, I'm going to wait for a dev comment before I download it.

Why wouldn't they have some sort of announcement!?

For whatever reason their has been almost no communication this week (at least on the English forums).

Xithryl
03-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Someone just posted this in another thread

I managed to talk directly to a support GM at Trionworlds.com about how some people are able to download and some are not. See the transcript below:

GM Nalvados: You are very welcome, how may I assist you today?

You: I downloaded the live client via Trionworlds.com for Defiance.

You: I can log in with my credentials to the launcher, but it tells me I am not authorized to play and will not preload the client files.

GM Nalvados: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you.

May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?

You: I have input both the preorder and Defiance standard codes I received from Steam and they both show up on my Trionworlds account.

You: [my email]

GM Nalvados: Great, thanks! Just a moment while I retrieve your account information.

GM Nalvados: I looked into this for you, and while you can download the patcher now, you will be unable to pre download until April 1st.

GM Nalvados: That's why you are receiving that error.

You: Okay. Good to know. So predownloading will begin on April 1.

You: Is that true for all users, or just for Steam preorder folks? There's a lot of confusion on the main forums.

You: Some individuals who purchased directly from Trion or even through g2play.com have been able to begin downloading the client files.

GM Nalvados: It should be for all orders, but some players are reporting that pre downloaded the game, and that shouldn't happen.

You: Gotcha. So it's just an error.

You: Thanks so much for your time!

BleakPanther
03-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Sledge has been hosting some sort of event for the last few days. I'm betting we hear something later today.

EdgeTW
03-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Sledge has been hosting some sort of event for the last few days. I'm betting we hear something later today.

Do you mean PAX? That ended Sunday.

Deathsdoll
03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Game is patched. Patcher number is v.1448461 The defiance folder says its 10 gigs. Play button doesn't do anything. Game tries to load and says defiance client build 430126 then goes away like its gonna change to full screen and disappears.

Mine is the same :)

BleakPanther
03-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Do you mean PAX? That ended Sunday.

No not PAX... lol.

In the live stream yesterday it was mentioned and he's been talking about it on Twitter. I am guessing something internal since it wasn't really made too public.

ThanatosPa
03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I and my son are both DL the client atm. He purchased for Trion and I from Game Fly. whether this means anything or not at this time :confused: but at least I FEEL like I am accomplishing something :D

Ease up on the panic it will work out. Its not like you will be evicted or killed if the release is missed or you cant jump on the second servers go live. Trion will get this going. This seems to be normal for most MMO releases.

Travie
03-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Someone got a hold of a GM on the other PC-general forums. Looks like being able to preload before the 1st is an error, we all might wanna wait.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11042-Defiance-client-available!!-Start-your-pre-loading!-D/page6

BleakPanther
03-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Someone got a hold of a GM on the other PC-general forums. Looks like being able to preload before the 1st is an error, we all might wanna wait.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11042-Defiance-client-available!!-Start-your-pre-loading!-D/page6

I'd say that it might be an issue similar to the Xbox beta early download error. I personally wouldn't refrain from downloading now but if you have data limits or something that would penalize you for having to download again, I'd consider waiting.

Sins
03-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Pre-ordered mine though GMG and today finally my Account Management show that I have the DDE registered to my account and I am downloading the 'live' client now.

My guess would be their system is slowly going though the database and finally assigning the pre-order codes to everyone's account.

Annoying the new client doesn't seem to recognise the 'WAD' files from beta/alpha, so it going to download them all again even thou im sure textures/sound files aren't going to change much from those versions to 'live' version. :).

Travie
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Pre-ordered mine though GMG and today finally my Account Management show that I have the DDE registered to my account and I am downloading the 'live' client now.

My guess would be their system is slowly going though the database and finally assigning the pre-order codes to everyone's account.

Annoying the new client doesn't seem to recognise the 'WAD' files from beta/alpha, so it going to download them all again even thou im sure textures/sound files aren't going to change much from those versions to 'live' version. :).

I dunno guys... that's just asking for bugs imo.

ThanatosPa
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM

Thats OK you can blow those WADs after the release. Errr I mean delete:D

Arsenic_Touch
03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Anyone elses transaction history list go blank? used to have both the preorder and standard edition on there + all the ark codes I entered, now it's empty. Even the beta list from where I purchased stuff with the 4k bits they gave us is missing.

Flatlinedisaster
03-28-2013, 08:56 AM
I pre ordered through steam, where do I get my keys at to apply on trion website?

mcwjimbo
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Anyone elses transaction history list go blank? used to have both the preorder and standard edition on there + all the ark codes I entered, now it's empty. Even the beta list from where I purchased stuff with the 4k bits they gave us is missing.

mine has, but I took screen shots of it yesterday with it clearly listing the Best Buy pre-order weapon bonus code entered and accepted and had clicked on and screen shoted the trion receipt page of

Of course, since I went best buy, don't expect to see any DL for the Release product till I get another code from best buy to enter for the download

jazz
03-28-2013, 09:16 AM

I noticed the same thing today, the only things in there are the 122 or so arkfall codes I entered. I bought the standard edition directly form Trion and it is gone now :confused:

I was able to download and update with no problems using the download client so I am not too concerned about it

*edit looking at it again now shows the bits purchases I made during the beta with "defiance beta" and "all" shows all the arkfall codes entered, still the record (there yesterday) of the digital purchase of the standard edition is nowhere to be found

Delte
03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Someone just posted this in another thread

Make sense oh well no need to realy panick yet then :)

mcwjimbo
03-28-2013, 09:23 AM
actually scratch that, i now have the download option for the launch game , just from the pre-order weapon code being entered & not the main pre-order code yet

FizzyMyNizzy
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM

They fix mine this morning. Now I see it under Defiance PC transaction history. The ALL history is now ark hunter, and rift.

I pre ordered through steam, where do I get my keys at to apply on trion website?
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location&p=87614#post87614

=====

If you miss it.. Slegde posted this today.

I have touched on this subject a few times but wanted to let everyone know that we will be unlocking the PC version of the game to allow you to pre-load before launch. We are aiming to start sending PC tokens out Friday evening through Monday evening.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11098-Defiance-PC-Pre-Loading-Official&p=126202&viewfull=1#post126202

I have seen this question a lot around the community, here is the answer you have all been looking for.

Q.) What is the Max EGO Cap at launch?

A.) Max EGO rating at launch is 5000.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11096-Max-EGO-Cap-at-launch!-Official&p=126189&viewfull=1#post126189

Celke
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM

I have the right cd keys on my account page as well. Guess Steam players will have to wait.

You are one step ahead of me then, I haven't even recieved any key's from steam yet they do have my money .. :(

Arsenic_Touch
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
You are one step ahead of me then, I haven't even recieved any key's from steam yet they do have my money .. :(

Look here for your keys. If it doesn't show up, contact steam support.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o529/Butler753/CD_Key_Steam_zps82abb35d.png

FizzyMyNizzy
03-28-2013, 09:33 AM

On your steam client, try logging out, and then log back in, and check your library, defiance, and on the right side should say cd key.

AZAG0TH
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM

I did, the rep I spoke to said they were having trouble with the transaction history internally and it would all be worked out. No need to panic.

I contacted them bc I orderer from GMG and only got one code. The rep confirmed that I own the game and have preorder bonuses with that one code.

I also asked about preloading - and he said nothing official as of yet.

That said, I am downloading right now... :)

Arsenic_Touch
03-28-2013, 10:06 AM
I did, the rep I spoke to said they were having trouble with the transaction history internally and it would all be worked out. No need to panic.

I contacted them bc I orderer from GMG and only got one code. The rep confirmed that I own the game and have preorder bonuses with that one code.

I also asked about preloading - and he said nothing official as of yet.

That said, I am downloading right now... :)

The current download is an error, the preload will be rolling out tomorrow evening into monday.

Thoddiver
03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
They kinda did this with Rifts. There was a pre-pre download. (Remember there was early access in Rifts, so it was pre to that). It was kinda random who got to download early or not, but they said it was an error then as well. (They being Trion support). It could be an unofficial way to alleviate some of the congestion. Who knows.

Adlin Spice
03-28-2013, 02:49 PM
so i was one of the few who got the client when the OP made this thread, i downloaded it and it began to patch, downloaded the whole patch in 2.5hrs and then i closed it, just tried to fire up the client today to see if there was anymore patches, and the client auto-updated to a newer version and then gave me the "login successful. Your account is not authorized to play Defiance. " error when i tried to login again

client is version 1.449068

SunyataBound
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
v.1.449730 is patching. I preordered through steam, but I am downloading through the website directly. "Manage Game", etc.

Adlin Spice
03-28-2013, 11:46 PM
v.1.449730 stopped with the errors and as of right now im downloading another patch that is taking 45mins to dl at 1 MB/sec

i bought the amazon digital copy, fyi

Maderyx
03-29-2013, 12:06 AM
cool i got the game a 3rd time on my Harddrive now

http://www.abload.de/img/defiance_3malozz8g.jpg

Warlander
03-29-2013, 12:27 AM
v.1.449730 stopped with the errors and as of right now im downloading another patch that is taking 45mins to dl at 1 MB/sec

hmm not for me im on that version, but still says not authorized.

Maderyx
03-29-2013, 01:30 AM
i could start the game with that version and were "ingame" allrdy but couldnt find a server

MacDeath
03-29-2013, 01:45 AM

v.1.449730 isn't your client version. That's the version of your launcher/patcher.
For example fir Beta I have v.1.444792 for patcher but 447618 as client version.
the latest Alpha patcher also has v.1.44792 as launcher but a much more recent client version.

Sanguinesun
03-29-2013, 03:19 AM

There is a bug I reported via the alpha tech section that if you access your trion account from the defiance game launcher link(ie Account link at the bottom left of the launch window), it causes a glitch that shows erroneous information to your account. If you reclick the manage account-game-defiance screen from you account page after you'd done that and then click the transaction history tab after that, it should revert to the correct information.

Alternatively you can just open up a normal web browser and access your account and see the correct information too(unless they're doing some maintenance then it goes wonky then hehe).