PDA

View Full Version : K-TAM Radio Contest: Win a T-Shirt and have your Ad play on K-TAM

Beck
07-18-2013, 05:19 PM
This contest is going to be a lot of fun, so please enjoy.
Depending on the number of Submissions the total will judged by Beck, Skatch and Savant to narrow down to the top 5 submissions.

This is a multi-part contest.

Part 1 - You must write the commercial and provide the script alone with the other 2 parts.
Part 2 - You must record and produce the commercial in .wav or .mp3 format at between 25 and 35 seconds in length.
Part 3 - You must supply an image or photo of what you think it is that this new product would look like.

So what is this product? It is "D ick Taters". Say it out loud to get the full effect.

What do you think a D ick Tater would look like? Draw a picture, make a carving, have some fun. This contest will be judged on all 3 parts.

The top 5 will have their ad play on K-TAM during an Epic Sunday Show and on a Monday Aftermath show for airing and listeners can vote for their favorite commercial. We will also post the images with out any info on who sent them for votes as well. We will combine the scores to pick a winner, in the event of a Tie Beck, Skatch and Savant will also vote in a tie breaker of the scripts.

Winner will receive a K-TAM T-Shirt. If We feel there is an honorable mention candidate we may gift a K-TAM Drink Cozy.

This contest starts NOW and submissions must be in by no later than August 4th with voting to follow.
E-Mail Submissions to info@ktamradio.com
Submissions posted on Facebook, twitter or other online sites and media will not be accepted. Should your submission be posted online prior to the prize giveaway by anyone other than a K-TAM representative your submissions will be disqualified. Maximum of 3 submissions per Person/Clan.

Beck
07-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Here is what the shirts Look like. Have in Mens and Womens XXL.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/Memorylanebooth/20130716_182105_zps2eb00ddc.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/Memorylanebooth/20130716_182121_zps0dc938be.jpg

NebsiNsaNe
07-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Classic! Love the tagline..

Vega
07-19-2013, 06:39 AM
          

Ramano
07-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Im not sure anyone actually thinks this is real. First off its a lot of work, next, "D ick Taters?" Are you serious? You want people to participate then you should make a serious contest, and have it posted by a forum moderator so we dont think its just some guy on a ego trip seeing what he can get everyone else to do.

Savant
07-19-2013, 07:42 AM
If you we're a fan of the K-Tam radio stream, you would know how serious we are. If your not, then listen to it sometime. You don't want to participate in it, don't. Either way, your statement about it being fake is invalid and unfounded.

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Im not sure anyone actually thinks this is real. First off its a lot of work, next, "D ick Taters?" Are you serious? You want people to participate then you should make a serious contest, and have it posted by a forum moderator so we dont think its just some guy on a ego trip seeing what he can get everyone else to do.

Oh no he's serious, as unbelievable as that might seem to be.:rolleyes:

Skatch
07-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Oh no he's serious, as unbelievable as that might seem to be.:rolleyes:

LoL I personally can not wait to see the submissions.

Valethar
07-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Someone should turn my signature image into a commercial. I've been saying all along that it should be in the game, and play on the air as you get near the radio station while in Mt. Tam. LOL

I'd do it, but I don't have the skills or the tools to do it. :o

I should get a shirt anyway as honorable mention. :cool:

Beck
07-19-2013, 07:22 PM

where have you been? Yes I am very serious, that is why I posted a real life pictures of the actual T-Shirt. If you have tuned in to K-TAM you would immediately get the humor of many or our commercials. The idea of the contest is to have as much fun making it as we will have fun listening to them and playing them on the station and letting listeners vote. We have a series of products from the D ick Family Farms. I suggest you go get yourself a big bag of D ick's and enjoy them.

Beck
07-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Someone should turn my signature image into a commercial. I've been saying all along that it should be in the game, and play on the air as you get near the radio station while in Mt. Tam. LOL

I'd do it, but I don't have the skills or the tools to do it. :o

I should get a shirt anyway as honorable mention. :cool:

I think it would be a great commercial. Many people use audacity. I use Goldwave. It is not that hard to do really, just be patient and do a few recordings to get the script down. We are going to be making the shirts available to the public very soon. I have to ship one out tomorrow to test the shipping prices and then go from there.

Remember have fun with it and don't let it get you down if it doesn't sound right and get your friends and family involved to help.

Beck
07-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Running out of time on this contest folks. Get your hat in the ring for a chance to win a K-TAM T-Shirt (mens or Womens size XXL a.k.a. fits most people.)

Going to be fun.

Valethar
07-20-2013, 10:33 PM
I may have to DL Audacity and play around with it. I don't have the time to do anything before this contest is done, but perhaps for another one later down the road.

Chrono499
07-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Guys, stop being tools please.

Actually LISTEN to KTAM radio, its really, really awesome.

Sweet commercials, great music, interviews

I strongly support them, thanks guys :) awesome contest

HELL MAMA
07-24-2013, 10:26 AM
yep his adds is off the chain for sure.

Beck
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Submissions must be in by no later than August 4th with voting to follow as noted on the Official K-TAM contest Forums.

Also a correction: It is D ick's Taters as in it is a product of the D ick Family Farms. The great people who bring you Warm D icken's Cider, Cherry Popers and of course Big Bag of D ick's Apples.

Blue MTS
07-24-2013, 05:36 PM
I copied this from your website, "At this time we ask that you refrain from making donations. With the state of Defiance we may have to move to a different format and understand that our current fans may not follow us in a new direction. We thank you for all of your support and ask that for now you wait it out with us to see how recent developments with Trion and Defiance affect the game community."
And heard on the live stream asking for donations. So are you guys staying with Defiance or...

Beck
07-24-2013, 05:53 PM
I copied this from your website, "At this time we ask that you refrain from making donations. With the state of Defiance we may have to move to a different format and understand that our current fans may not follow us in a new direction. We thank you for all of your support and ask that for now you wait it out with us to see how recent developments with Trion and Defiance affect the game community."
And heard on the live stream asking for donations. So are you guys staying with Defiance or...

The scheduled radio content will still have some of that, I catch what I can and we still want the message to be out there. But for now until we get a greater sense of the community direction we don't feel comfortable accepting donations.

Skatch
07-24-2013, 06:01 PM

With the show down, and DLC being slim, it can get difficult to prepare content on a weekly basis for Defiance and Defiance alone. We may need to explore our options. If we do decide to follow up in different directions, we do not feel proper using donations from our strictly Defiance listeners to facilitate any transition we may or may not make.

Rest assured however that even if we do explore different directions Defiance content will remain in our rotation, and I personally plan to produce the Sam Skatch show long through the 2nd season of Defiance and beyond.

Keep those submissions coming folks. We love hearing them!

Beck
07-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Let's talk about something positive and FUN... Like this contest.

Vega
07-27-2013, 04:45 PM
          

Beck
07-27-2013, 09:45 PM
A question keep hearing is "can I get those shirts in black?" and now I want the shirts I'm gonna win to be in black. So your gonna have to dip them in black dye for me Beck. Thx

We have plans to have them in Black. It's all about how many people want so we can order a large enough quantity to make it reasonable.

geraldgreen12
12-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Thanks for that very informative post! Have you heard about the radio contest to win fertility treatments? For Hot 89.9 in Canada, radio station contests (http://www.newsytype.com/12119-canadian-radio-win-baby/) are a day to day thing. The most recent prize in the tournament, though, is bringing about quite the frustration for some. The “Win a baby Contest” has a grand prize of three in vitro fertilization treatments. I think its a great idea! There are tons of people out there who would make great parents and be able to provide for a child, but just don't have all the cash up front to fund IVF.