PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall CRYSTAL Damage: Does it count for weapon leveling?

nathanpbutler
07-18-2013, 05:37 PM
I've asked previously about whether Overcharge helps weapon leveling, which it does. A new question arises: now that we can have weapon XP from Arkfall creatures, what about the actual Arkfall crystals? Does damage done to them count as well?

KTCAOP
07-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Good question, I thought so, but I'll have to test it to be sure.

Flank
07-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Good question indeed. I hope it does as I wreck the crystals.
However.. when they started giving weapon xp at the AFs
I thought it was for "kills" or assists on them. They actually
left your (our) question or the answer to, rather, out of the patch notes.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
07-18-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't believe so, have looked at xp on weapon few times before shooting the crits on the crystals, crits on maws & ones at legs and none have added to xp

dbcameron
07-18-2013, 07:37 PM
It doesn't or my pistol would have leveled way faster.

I think it's like the pheromone secretors and other random items that need to be destroyed but don't give xp. The Piper devices also come to mind. Would like to be wrong, it would make leveling all my weapons so much easier.

squidgod2000
07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
No. "Objects" don't count for weapon XP, nor do nodes on most of the major arkfall boss/miniboss mobs.

Organlegger
07-18-2013, 08:37 PM
To clarify you mean weapon skill xp? I've now mastered two weapon mastery xp bonuses from crystals in the last 2 days. Side note: both guns received +dmg% weapon bonuses. As far as weapon skill. I cant tell mine are all maxed except rockets.

dominad
07-18-2013, 08:41 PM
It doesn't or my pistol would have leveled way faster.

I think it's like the pheromone secretors and other random items that need to be destroyed but don't give xp. The Piper devices also come to mind. Would like to be wrong, it would make leveling all my weapons so much easier.

YES I think about these and do not think they give xp also the security generators with dark matter co op and missions.. I always melee because I do not think they count..

dominad
07-18-2013, 08:42 PM
To clarify you mean weapon skill xp? I've now mastered two weapon mastery xp bonuses from crystals in the last 2 days. Side note: both guns received +dmg% weapon bonuses. As far as weapon skill. I cant tell mine are all maxed except rockets.
weapon skill I think is what people mean.

Colif
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I guess it would be too easy then, you can do over 1 million damage per crystal, that would max out skills real fast.

Guess I will stick to skills I have maxed already on red crystals, but I was going to start using others on the boss stage, guess I better not now. Incentive to max more skills.

I havent really bothered with red crystals since the exp thing started, I prefer the blue ones as I am getting rocket launchers up in level and shooting skitterlings at red crystals still feels wrong to me, and blowing up elite hellbugs is more fun, and you don't get a monarch at blue crystals.

dbcameron
07-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Go ahead and level weapons at the boss fight, hitting the progenitor just gave me rank six on my bolt action. Thus the Progenitor and the Hellion should give weapon xp, as they also give normal xp. I would think though that the hideous maws, glands, and armatures once again do not give weapon xp.

It's just a hideous back and forth, one works the other doesn't, melee counts towards weapon xp, but not if you hit a turret....

I sometimes wish they would make it simpler, if you use a weapon you gain x amount of experience, no matter the damage you do as long as you hit a target that has health.

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 12:38 AM
In a way, this is yet another example of their team saying one thing and the actuality of things being different if this is all the case. Saying that arkfalls grant weapon exp yet conveniently forgetting to mention many of the activities at arkfalls do not is disingenuous.

Ozzy
07-19-2013, 12:45 AM
In a way, this is yet another example of their team saying one thing and the actuality of things being different if this is all the case. Saying that arkfalls grant weapon exp yet conveniently forgetting to mention many of the activities at arkfalls do not is disingenuous.

Well, I never assumed "weapon xp at arkfalls" included crystal dmg. Cause that would be plain stupid, and way too easy.

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Well, I never assumed "weapon xp at arkfalls" included crystal dmg. Cause that would be plain stupid, and way too easy.

Its not limited to crystal damage either though is part of the point.

Sledgehammer70
07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I've asked previously about whether Overcharge helps weapon leveling, which it does. A new question arises: now that we can have weapon XP from Arkfall creatures, what about the actual Arkfall crystals? Does damage done to them count as well?

No, only enemies that spawn with the Arkfalls will grant XP.

Maitreakow
07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
No, only enemies that spawn with the Arkfalls will grant XP.

I assume that the Progenitor and Matron will as well, since they did before the patch, is that correct?