PDA

View Full Version : failed to allocate texture - invalid call?

williamnova
01-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm getting "failed to allocate texture - invalid call" when I hit play :( is this something to do with server load, or a bug that is keeping the game from launching? Anyone have any ideas? Community mods?

Spanky
01-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey there, I have seen similar stuff on another forum post somewhere, but the guy had a graphics card that did not meet minimum requirements. Mind posting your dxdiag info or some information on your hardware. The link should also take you to their site so you can check them if you want. - https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1350

Penitent
03-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the reply, Spanky; I was this issue, and it turns out my video card isn't up to par :(

(Would have been nice if system reqs would have been mentioned in the Beta invite *grumble, grumble, grumble*)

IGears
03-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the reply, Spanky; I was this issue, and it turns out my video card isn't up to par :(

(Would have been nice if system reqs would have been mentioned in the Beta invite *grumble, grumble, grumble*)

ok... the system requirement are on the support page as well as Steam, AMD's "Can you run it" and a list of other sites as well as the forums if you just search for it...

Grimberg
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
I had this failure and looked at the requirements. But this is my setup on my desktop. Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512MBytes and 256 bits. AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-core. So might have to install on my laptop.

muadib
04-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm having that problem on my full install but did NOT have that problem on my BETA install. AMB3 test the other weekend worked just fine with my video graphics card, although I did have to tweak the settings once it was installed on my laptop but not on my tower and it didn't prevent loading the game setup. I have a similar card to Grimberg with a 256bit dedicated. Guess I'm just hosed eh?

BiiteMe
04-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

I get a pop up window on my desktop that is titled "Failed to Allocate Texture" and under it "ran out of memory", it freezes my game and is quite frustrating, I did not have any of these issues during the Alpha.

I have 12 Gig RAM, and 500gig spare space on my HD and a 3 gig dual gpu GTX 590, I CAN'T RUN OUT OF MEMORY!!! Has anyone found a fix for this or has Trion stuffed something up in the last patch?

I just tested my machine as the incident happened, I am only using 4.5 Gig of RAM and only 60% of my video cards memory when this issue happens... it's NOT MY MACHINE!

Threv
04-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey there, I have seen similar stuff on another forum post somewhere, but the guy had a graphics card that did not meet minimum requirements. Mind posting your dxdiag info or some information on your hardware. The link should also take you to their site so you can check them if you want. - https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1350

Believe it or not it does not seem like they are posted anywhere obvious, I went to the support page and searched system requirements you get nothing related to Defiance (Note I used this search string minimum system requirements defiance and it only gave me rift info.

There's nothing on the PC landing page, nothing on the Game info page or the general FAQ. I wish I had know that before I picked up the PC version and found out my Nvidia 7900GS was not going to cut it. (I figured If I could play SWTOR I should be OK right?) I was leaning toward the PS3 but then everyone said that the PS 3's aren't getting any patch love and my old 360 doesn't have any space. Now I got to drop about 200 US to get new Video card (yes I know I needed one) . Meh I should have known better.

Seandsun
07-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Hi, I had same problem after downloading Defiance from Steam. I did everything they told me to do and I followed what Trion said to do also. I know my computer meets the lowest-est requirements since i did play the beta on it. I realized after checking everything I didn't realized that my ram was registering wrong. I had 2 gbs now its registering 1.75 gbs so I need to replace my ram. Hopefully that with help with this. So, if you haven't checked your ram...check it now. It seems some of you don't have the ram problem. One of the things I did was reset my msconfig. You can find this on trion website somewhere tells you how to do it step by step. Hopefully that helps. If your running it from steam they said to delete the appcache folder and restart your computer.
hope any of this helps you guys
Seandsun

Seandsun
07-21-2013, 04:38 AM
I can understand. This computer I am on that has same problem I can play Rift, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft and guild Wars including the one you mentioned SWTOR and many others Torchlight 2. When i launch Defiance it seems as its going to load the bx appears but nothing happens but I can hear the music in the background from loading screen. I am going to replace my ram maybe add some more and see if that helps my computer. Hope yours works soon.
seandsun