PDA

View Full Version : Buying on Steam is better? I get less because i preordered early here.

wOOOOt
03-28-2013, 02:23 AM
I feel pretty cheated.

Now you get more when you preorder via Steam.
Unfortunatley for me, I preordered here before it came up on steam,
and now I am being "punished" for my loyalty.

I supported this game early on the original homepage, and I get less than others who buy on steam.

That sux bigtime.

I really think that they should consider matching the offer on Steam for all of us who preordered early.

Xyr3s
03-28-2013, 02:27 AM
some have cancelled their trion site order and re pre ordered from steam

MattN
03-28-2013, 02:32 AM
Submitted my ticket to cancel today, still waiting on response. I'm preordering from Steam.

Pasha
03-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Rift SL cost 25 euro alone. From what I've seen in beta - other bonuses (+10 slots, bike, car) cost around 1000 bits / 10 euro ($13).

wOOOOt
03-28-2013, 02:54 AM
Trion should respond to this, or they will have a crapload of administrative work on cancelling orders.

Dead_Phoenix
03-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Believe me when steam was announced they were told. Many times over.

Souler
03-28-2013, 03:03 AM
Ur kinda late. There are a ****load of this kind of thread. U dont got punished for loyality u got punished for ur impatience. There is no bonus and never was to pre order early enough. And they always said the pre orders are not final and not alle distributors were set. So you just had to wait till its final and no problem.

Dartflare
03-28-2013, 04:15 AM
I never pre-order earlier than 2 or 3 weeks from the launch (except when it's a kind of limited edition with very fill units, like Diablo III collector's editon which came only 500 unities to Brazil and I was luck enough to grab one of them), specially games like Defiance and Dishonored that had already announced different bonus for each retailler. Beside I always get on Steam (specially if it's a game that can't be redeemed on steam) except if the steam bonus are worst than other places (like only TF2 hats while other gives in-game content) but that's really rare.

There were also those guys looked to steam rewards stuck at 30% of Tier 1 and said "yeah they'll never get this, I'm buying somewhere else", the reqards are like a gamble, you had to bet other people were willing to buy on steam to get, if there wasn't enough people we wouldn't get the extra bonus and would be like everywhere else except for the Phoenix Sniper Rifle.

Last but not less important, everybody said but you can always cancel your order and buy somewhere else, and there were tons of articles and threads on foruns talking about Defiance going to Steam, so if you feel cheated, the only one to blame is you for not keep up with news...

KyrMirat
03-28-2013, 04:31 AM
It's easy enough to submit a ticket to cancel your order and then order on Steam. I did it, never even had to talk to a live person they got it all done just via my submitted ticket within 24 hours.

GOG
03-28-2013, 04:35 AM
To be fair its not just Trion, I've been a PC gamer for many a year now and this whole "pre-order bonus" thing has just escalated ot of control. Usually the publisher asks the Devs to produce a few "gifts" that the Publisher then sells to the vendor (vendor buys the "gift" in hope of boosting sales).

"In my day" as delux edition had a tea towl map and a coin, the software was exactly the same as the standard edition. As soon as you start offering in-game exclusives you just annoy players who haven't ordered via a certain merchant.

You can't shout at Trion, its just the way things work these days (hard to find a game without pre-order "gifts" these days). Player just expect it when they pre-order (I remember when you pre-ordered just to be able to get the game on release day rather than a week later)

Harsk
03-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Never understood pre-orders, it's not like they get released before the stores have it.

Diedel
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
To be fair its not just Trion, I've been a PC gamer for many a year now and this whole "pre-order bonus" thing has just escalated ot of control. Usually the publisher asks the Devs to produce a few "gifts" that the Publisher then sells to the vendor (vendor buys the "gift" in hope of boosting sales).

"In my day" as delux edition had a tea towl map and a coin, the software was exactly the same as the standard edition. As soon as you start offering in-game exclusives you just annoy players who haven't ordered via a certain merchant.

You can't shout at Trion, its just the way things work these days (hard to find a game without pre-order "gifts" these days). Player just expect it when they pre-order (I remember when you pre-ordered just to be able to get the game on release day rather than a week later)

Oh i can blame TRION for having a crapyp pre-order with no added Bonus, while still not being any cheaper. I would assume TRION gets more Money if they sell it themselves, but they Show no interest in actually offering a good deal.

Zeroexit
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
If Trion matched your preorder to steam, steam would just add another something in, Its business, TRION wins either way and Steam wants more traffic.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Never understood pre-orders, it's not like they get released before the stores have it.

sometimes they do, but rarely. One of the reasons they like pre-orders is because they cost of the game will only go down as time passes