PDA

View Full Version : Concern silence from trion so close to release

sionates
03-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Hello all Mabyee I am just paranoid but it seems that Trion doesn't like their forums or to give us input regarding launch besides a launch date . Are they talking on the ps3 forums .

We want information we want to be excited but it seems a ghost town here apart from us the Clients.

Trion talk to us we are excited and pumped but no information is being given to us we have questions all over regarding pre launch , pre loading Clients an all a manner of things .

Mabyee I am Pariniod but information is the key talk to us keep us informed and Not on Twitter!!!!!!

You have official forums use them!!!!

Saraya
03-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Hello all Mabyee I am just paranoid but it seems that Trion doesn't like their forums or to give us input regarding launch besides a launch date . Are they talking on the ps3 forums .

We want information we want to be excited but it seems a ghost town here apart from us the Clients.

Trion talk to us we are excited and pumped but no information is being given to us we have questions all over regarding pre launch , pre loading Clients an all a manner of things .

Mabyee I am Pariniod but information is the key talk to us keep us informed and Not on Twitter!!!!!!

I'd like to say they aren't transparent enough, ..but that's not the reason for lack of communication. The reason is they're are balls to the wall trying to fix an unstable client and meet next week's deadline.

Dead_Phoenix
03-28-2013, 03:44 AM
What information would you exactly like that they havnt already stated?

They are not the kind of people to repeat them selves.

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-28-2013, 04:08 AM

#1 Ue release date #2 Region locking Both of these don't matter to me but to some people they do Sledge said he was gonna talk about them but haven't for like 2-4 days

Harsk
03-28-2013, 04:53 AM
this thread makes me lol

Jad
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Two possibilities come to mind

1) They are all off enjoying some Drunken Orgy Spring Break Action.
2) They are working their butts off preparing for release.

Trog
03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Two possibilities come to mind

1) They are all off enjoying some Drunken Orgy Spring Break Action.
2) They are working their butts off preparing for release.

BOTH at the same time :)

While some of you are getting ready for a holiday, they are busting their butts to get new bugs addressed.

Yes the CD/DVDs are already printed I dont want to hear about how they cant still be working on the game because they wont have time to press all of those copies.

When you DL or install the game you will see at least 1-3gigs of updates some of that is what they are doing this week

M00N
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
+1 on that! :)

sionates
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
They might be doing both ?? hadn't thought of that ;-)

Clarkeh
03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Drunken Orgy and working at the sametime? Isn't that what Brothels are? :p

Archellion
03-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Trion is a small company. I'd be worried if they were on the forums because who would that leave to prep the game for launch?

I'm sure when they have something of significance to share with us, they will stop by to do so.

Saraya
03-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Trion is a small company. I'd be worried if they were on the forums because who would that leave to prep the game for launch?

I'm sure when they have something of significance to share with us, they will stop by to do so.

Though consider that Icarus studios(Fallen Earth) was much smaller, and they were talking directly to players daily in and out of game.

Archellion
03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Though consider that Icarus studios(Fallen Earth) was much smaller, and they were talking directly to players daily in and out of game.

Yeah, I've tried Fallen Earth - it's not bad, but I much prefer Defiance. Also, I seem to remember that Fallen Earth's launch was pretty buggy. (http://www.gamespot.com/fallen-earth-welcome-to-the-apocalypse/reviews/fallen-earth-welcome-to-apocalypse-review-6244720/)

EdgeTW
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM

I do feel there are more than enough new questions floating around (particularly about launch and beta experiences) that could use an answer. We have been getting a lot of "stand by.. preparing an answer" style comments lately that stretch on for days without conclusion for whatever reason (that's a lot of prep). There was PAX perhaps getting in the way, but that doesn't really explain this week and others. They're also close to launch, but don't they have a forum community manager?

Truth is, TRION was extremely impressive with their communication during RIFTs launch. Scott Hartsman (who recently left TRION) did a good job engaging the players in discussions. The developer to player interaction stayed strong during development, through launch, and beyond. Even in the final weeks of beta.

This game may be a product of TRION, but this is a different team. And different teams can have different philosophies and different mandates from management. Whatever is causing the difference, it's clear there is one on the side of communication and some players who are used to the excellent interaction during RIFT are understandably disappointed with the levels here.

I think maybe the developers are depending too much on the live streams; people want to see boots here on the ground among them every day. In the end this is an MMO, and new people (especially around launch) will be coming in all the time. They need to be willing to repeat themselves, if necessary, in this business. It's part of the job.

NirvanaDest
03-28-2013, 07:56 AM
BOTH at the same time :)

While some of you are getting ready for a holiday, they are busting their butts to get new bugs addressed.

Yes the CD/DVDs are already printed I dont want to hear about how they cant still be working on the game because they wont have time to press all of those copies.

When you DL or install the game you will see at least 1-3gigs of updates some of that is what they are doing this week

Copies were pressed, boxed and shipped 2 weeks ago. Then on launch day you can sit for 2 to 4 hours patching ( depending on the speed of your connection ). Then you can log on assuming the log in server can take the load ( which based upon beta, it wont ) and assuming they can keep the servers online at all.

IGears
03-28-2013, 08:08 AM
well i was going to say since they are on the west coast that they have just got to work today just now. so info just might be coming in sometime today.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:12 AM
I'd like to say they aren't transparent enough, ..but that's not the reason for lack of communication. The reason is they're are balls to the wall trying to fix an unstable client and meet next week's deadline.

What makes you so sure the client is unstable?

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:13 AM

Twitter is a better choice for information, it reaches a lot more people than the forums. Most of the questions in the forums are being asked repeatedly and already have an answer, people just aren't making any effort to find it.

Enigma
03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
trying to fix an unstable client and meet next week's deadline.

Please explain this madness to me!

Archangel
03-28-2013, 08:31 AM
They have to get the green light before they can say with 100% certainty about pre-loading the game via downloads prior to April 2nd.

I was at Trion studio's this week. Well yesterday to be exact lol. Got home around 3:00am after leaving San Diego.

Those guys are working incredibly hard and once they know, you will know.

Sledgehammer has been great at reaching out to the community and getting questions answered. If you have legitimate questions I'll be happy to try to help.

PM me or post, your choice. Some questions there are just no answers right now. But be sure that once an answer is available we will be the first to hear it.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I've tried Fallen Earth - it's not bad, but I much prefer Defiance. Also, I seem to remember that Fallen Earth's launch was pretty buggy. (http://www.gamespot.com/fallen-earth-welcome-to-the-apocalypse/reviews/fallen-earth-welcome-to-apocalypse-review-6244720/)

Fallen Earth was great for a few days, but it's certainly much more of an MMORPG than Defiance, some people might like that better, but I found it really lacked the polish that Defiance has. Guns work much better in Defiance, it's a lot less boring, and it looks a lot better. Granted, fallen earth is free. I logged in a few weeks ago for a whopping 5 minutes and gave up. I think all I did was jump on top of a burnt-out car. Nothing really there to "hook" me.

Airwolf3169
03-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Hey at 1030 am yesterday Trion did its weekly Wednesday morning hour long live stream on Twitch.tv. showing and talking about the game. So I don't know what your talking about they talk. Do you know where and when to listen ?

DJWolf

Arkansas Slim
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
+1 on that! :)

And a +1 on that +1. Calm down guys all will be well.

The Oncoming Storm
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Honestly I loved the Beta the gun's were so nicely balanced,
well except the *cough*VOT Pulsar*cough* but asides from that the only worrisome
thing about this game is the region locking...

Trog
03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Copies were pressed, boxed and shipped 2 weeks ago. Then on launch day you can sit for 2 to 4 hours patching ( depending on the speed of your connection ). Then you can log on assuming the log in server can take the load ( which based upon beta, it wont ) and assuming they can keep the servers online at all.

Thanks for saying what I said in a different way. we need more people to do this over and over in different ways.

Enigma
03-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Honestly I loved the Beta the gun's were so nicely balanced,
well except the *cough*VOT Pulsar*cough* but asides from that the only worrisome
thing about this game is the region locking...

Isn't the region lock Xbox only? Xbox is like that adopted child you never wanted that you "accidentlly" lit on fire and "accidentlly" threw into a drum of oil.

Thanks for saying what I said in a different way. we need more people to do this over and over in different ways.

Don't worry, seems to happen a lot on these forums. Happened to me earlier, I just face-desked. Literally.