PDA

View Full Version : A small amount, of basic, simple questions

Chrono499
07-19-2013, 09:25 AM
This is NOT a complaining post, a negative post, or anything of the sort, just to clarify. If your going to do anything of the sort, make a new post plzzzz

-All these dumb rumors flying around, does ANYONE actually KNOW (feel free to jump in devs/mods!) a date for this DLC? Is it the 30th? Not this month? I have heard everything now....and nothing is for sure.....

-When DLC IS released, will Sieges be brought back?

-Its been 4 months since release, WHY CAN WE NOT CHANGE OUTFITS STILL?? Like, 4 MONTHS, and I still have to use a default PvP outfit??? REALLY??

-Is Trion taking into account EVERY high EGO player, wanting something (anything) for their time and effort to reach a high ego? Is there some thoughts flying around as to what can be done, so its actually a positive thing to be a high EGO? Or are we just going to have to remake a new character every 1000 EGO?

If anyone has answers, my ears are listening!

(Again, I love this game, problems or no problems, but a LITTLE bit of feedback would be AMAZING, By feedback I mean a response, not just a closed thread with a general message)

Remag Div
07-19-2013, 09:28 AM
-All these dumb rumors flying around, does ANYONE actually KNOW (feel free to jump in devs/mods!) a date for this DLC? I

No

Yes

-Its been 4 months since release, WHY CAN WE NOT CHANGE OUTFITS STILL?? Like, 4 MONTHS, and I still have to use a default PvP outfit??? REALLY??

cuz Trion

-Is Trion taking into account EVERY high EGO player, wanting something (anything) for their time and effort to reach a high ego? Is there some thoughts flying around as to what can be done, so its actually a positive thing to be a high EGO? Or are we just going to have to remake a new character every 1000 EGO?

WIP

Chrono499
07-19-2013, 09:35 AM
cuz Trion

So, that can be used for all questions pretty much?

Remag Div
07-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Pretty much.

SpiritumLiberum
07-19-2013, 09:49 AM

Yeaup.

/dlcisnextmonthnothismonth

Indra Echo
07-19-2013, 09:53 AM
This is NOT a complaining post, a negative post, or anything of the sort, just to clarify. If your going to do anything of the sort, make a new post plzzzz

-All these dumb rumors flying around, does ANYONE actually KNOW (feel free to jump in devs/mods!) a date for this DLC? Is it the 30th? Not this month? I have heard everything now....and nothing is for sure.....

(Again, I love this game, problems or no problems, but a LITTLE bit of feedback would be AMAZING, By feedback I mean a response, not just a closed thread with a general message)

This is long and in the end we don't have too many concrete answers. We're waiting just like you.

No one but Trion knows when DLC is coming out. I'd rather it be ready before it is released.

Yes, sieges will be back. It is unknown if before the DLC or alongside the DLC. Trion did show what content will look like in the Sieges with the Volge and turrets, but and that's a big but, lag. This will likely determine some things. And players don't want to help here since they're insistent on using vehicles still at arkfalls as well as the Titan truck-they cause lag and lots of it. At some they do get destroyed right away, at others they do not. But lag is an unavoidable thing since there is no standardization of connection speeds or connection quality or type. Sieges will, they said, also allow BMG users to get more credit for their work, so again lag. BMGs really do add to the issue as can be seen even with large groups of people walking down a road. A few people using them can lag others out of the game. This has been the case with other things in other games-certain weapons or even spells could cause game-stopping lag.

I don't know what the specific problems were with the competitive outfits but I can only assume it had something to do with people not getting rewarded for earning them-the game was not giving people outfits they'd earned. It may be due to something else, as in they may also be re-working it to take advantage of new rewards to come, or due to other bugs. It also may be that the different outfits were increasing the lag inherent in any PvP game and causing some of the graphics issues that makes other things a problem. For instance Cloak can be infinite for some players and this infinite cloak may be due to graphics being slow to render. Add on the render times needed for the custom outfits and it might have made things even worse. This is a guess so take it for what you will.

Trion seems open to suggestions and has stated they are looking into salvage costs (they reduced the cost of remastering weapons for example). A lot of people have asked for some tangible reason to work toward 5000. One thing that helps higher EGO players is that if they get new weapons, those weapons generally have 4 open mod slots, so the need to use salvage for that goes down. I have no idea if they're planning anything tangible though. They do seem to take suggestions and stated the direction of the game may at least in part be due to how we play. They didn't know we'd like sieges that much. Because we do, they will be adding more.

The best suggestion is if you want to see something in the game either submit the suggestion in the forums or use the ingame suggestion/feedback form or both. Tell them what you want to see.

Azimov
07-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I would expect an announcement about the DLC from the session at Comic Con.

Blondin
07-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I can change my PvP outfit whenever I want...? (pc)

Remag Div
07-19-2013, 09:59 AM

There's only 4 and they're tied to Pursuits which is fine, but more customization is always nice.

IGears
07-19-2013, 10:00 AM
I would expect an announcement about the DLC from the session at Comic Con.

i bet they will say "by the end of summer" and not give a date..

Lollie
07-19-2013, 10:00 AM
-Its been 4 months since release, WHY CAN WE NOT CHANGE OUTFITS STILL??

If you've been wearing the same outfit for like 4 months, it's probably stuck to you forever.

Indra Echo
07-19-2013, 10:01 AM

Ooh, I'm jealous. No, actually I'm not. I'm finally done with all PvP related things (at last) so right now anything else is optional and I'm not interested. I thought I might want to play more in order to get some of the Echelon guns but when I was buying my required 10, I saw nothing I wanted or needed. Thank my lucky stars.

Blondin
07-19-2013, 10:02 AM
There's only 4 and they're tied to Pursuits which is fine, but more customization is always nice.
I agree, but the guy said he can't change outfit, he has only the default one?

Anyway, in PvP there is not much need of multiple outfit, all is needed is one team in red, other one in blue (or green).

IGears
07-19-2013, 10:03 AM
If you've been wearing the same outfit for like 4 months, it's probably stuck to you forever.

lol "Bind on Equipped" only to find out their definition is bound to your character forever and cant be unequipped

Indra Echo
07-19-2013, 10:04 AM
I agree, but the guy said he can't change outfit, he has only the default one?

Anyway, in PvP there is not much need of multiple outfit, all is needed is one team in red, other one in blue (or green).

Yeah at least on the 360 the ability to change from default does not work and hasn't for a time.

I'd rather they allowed us to use those PvP outfits in PvE but since most outfits don't look that great on females, I'm not all torn up about that either. I just wanted to get the pursuits done.

Chrono499
07-19-2013, 10:06 AM
This is long and in the end we don't have too many concrete answers. We're waiting just like you.

No one but Trion knows when DLC is coming out. I'd rather it be ready before it is released.

Yes, sieges will be back. It is unknown if before the DLC or alongside the DLC. Trion did show what content will look like in the Sieges with the Volge and turrets, but and that's a big but, lag. This will likely determine some things. And players don't want to help here since they're insistent on using vehicles still at arkfalls as well as the Titan truck-they cause lag and lots of it. At some they do get destroyed right away, at others they do not. But lag is an unavoidable thing since there is no standardization of connection speeds or connection quality or type. Sieges will, they said, also allow BMG users to get more credit for their work, so again lag. BMGs really do add to the issue as can be seen even with large groups of people walking down a road. A few people using them can lag others out of the game. This has been the case with other things in other games-certain weapons or even spells could cause game-stopping lag.

I don't know what the specific problems were with the competitive outfits but I can only assume it had something to do with people not getting rewarded for earning them-the game was not giving people outfits they'd earned. It may be due to something else, as in they may also be re-working it to take advantage of new rewards to come, or due to other bugs. It also may be that the different outfits were increasing the lag inherent in any PvP game and causing some of the graphics issues that makes other things a problem. For instance Cloak can be infinite for some players and this infinite cloak may be due to graphics being slow to render. Add on the render times needed for the custom outfits and it might have made things even worse. This is a guess so take it for what you will.

Trion seems open to suggestions and has stated they are looking into salvage costs (they reduced the cost of remastering weapons for example). A lot of people have asked for some tangible reason to work toward 5000. One thing that helps higher EGO players is that if they get new weapons, those weapons generally have 4 open mod slots, so the need to use salvage for that goes down. I have no idea if they're planning anything tangible though. They do seem to take suggestions and stated the direction of the game may at least in part be due to how we play. They didn't know we'd like sieges that much. Because we do, they will be adding more.

The best suggestion is if you want to see something in the game either submit the suggestion in the forums or use the ingame suggestion/feedback form or both. Tell them what you want to see.

wooooow thank you man :) that was actually some awesome, and legit Info...is it bad I think Trion should hire you as their forum discusser? lol

Anyway thanks man, some solid answers there, appreciate it

omg that's greasy......Thank the lurd u can jump in lakes, or I would be one stank ark hunter

Samhael
07-19-2013, 10:07 AM

I can tell you, as a PC player, I can't change pvp outfits using my xbox controller for Windows. I have to manually click the pvp outfit or headgear before being allowed into the outfit menu.

A s0t
07-19-2013, 10:13 AM
i bet they will say "by the end of summer" and not give a date..
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

antlad
07-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I play on xbox & have about a dozen outfits I can swap between.

Chrono499
07-19-2013, 10:21 AM
I play on xbox & have about a dozen outfits I can swap between.

Try doing it for Pvp........

IGears
07-19-2013, 10:45 AM
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

got it... confirmed October 8th

antlad
07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
On the rare occasions I venture into PvP, whatever outfit I am wearing goes in with me. I have noticed that I am usually the only one wearing what I am wearing. I've just chalked it up to other players not wanting or knowing about changing outfits. Over 50% of players I encounter anywhere are the same, wearing the same thing.

Blu
07-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Or are we just going to have to remake a new character every 1000 EGO?

that's what's up, did it twice now since the lame ness of the latest core changes.. Get way better gear during that ego run as well..
--------------
the pvp outfits, they look like we work for the airport, hate em, hated pvp because my outfit look was just, idk, lame..
But when this game first came out we could switch our pvp outfits, if you went into loadout screen you could highlight the tap and it would let you change them, but not now..

some ppl may find it stupid to have a issue with the way something looks, but last time i checked AMA superbike racers don't line up with primer helmets and all gray leathers on talking bout lets race..

i never expected DLC, most real MMO's don't release Expansions until later, 6months into the game they might start talking about it, so that was a given for me and don't know why anyone even thought about buying season passes..

that's like a front, dear trion can i get some bits on front and when you release DLC i will pay you back then?
most of the times when dlc's do come out you will see a sale for them, or better yet, when you preorder a game, most games, you will get some kind of free dlc action, so that was a red flag for me..

to not see anything about dlc content in preorder, but instead you have to buy a 160$ version of this game?

hrmm,, sounds like a money making machine to me and sure enough, look, tons of new outfits, and tons of ppl buying them..
--------
Sieges @defiancegame claimed was going to be brought back at end of july with all the rewind content, but we have most of the rewind content and episodes, but no sieges?

They were great, good for leveling up them weapons everyone hates and wants nerfed..

Real question is, why does the Moderators lock threads but not reply to them?
Maybe because of trion?
how they wont let the Mod's say anything because trion its really may not know the date or when they can really start giving out real details..

maybe its going to be a big surprise and they like to see everyone getting all stirred up..

Either way it hit me one day playing this game with some friends,
i feel like we are trions ants and defiance is there ant farm..

"lets sit back and watch what the ants do and what they build and destroy"

kinda like a WIP., who knows, just know if everyone would have not pestered them over dlc's and nerf's, maybe there would have been more gameplay fixes and maybe by now they would have a release date for these dlc's that they got to be tired of hearing about..

they give you some plushie toys tho, get you a hellbug plushie, but no word on other things @ all..

Sledgehammer70
07-19-2013, 11:40 AM

1.) We have not released an official date at this time.

2.) Sieges will be brought back. Our team is working to bring back Plague Sieges and DLC #1 will introduce Volge Sieges.

3.) A patch for the PvP outfits is coming in the next few weeks as the team has identified what is causing the problems.

4.) I have commented on this before, but the short answer is yes. We are working on more ways to allow high EGO players to have access to high ego things along with removing the penalty that is currently tied to high EGO in the Salvage Matrix.

Atticus Batman
07-19-2013, 12:45 PM

2.) Sieges will be brought back. Our team is working to bring back Plague Sieges and DLC #1 will introduce Volge Sieges.

3.) A patch for the PvP outfits is coming in the next few weeks as the team has identified what is causing the problems.

4.) I have commented on this before, but the short answer is yes. We are working on more ways to allow high EGO players to have access to high ego things along with removing the penalty that is currently tied to high EGO in the Salvage Matrix.

Thank you Sledge. Too bad people are going to twist your words and find ways to complain though.

Chrono499
07-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Awesome :)

Thanks Sledge, appreciate the answers. Sorry if it was posted earlier, haven't had much forum time.

Looking forward to #4!

Chrono499
07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Actually, number 2 as well.

Gimme those Plague sieges! Tasty!

Chevota
07-19-2013, 02:04 PM
On one of the previous Livestreams, it was said Volge Sieges begin when DLC is dropped. And can poeple stop complaining about no DLC's already? LATE JULY means 31st at the latest. August 1st, we go bananas, but can we wait until then?

interesting to see Plague sieges will be back also... Perhaps at some point (when other DLC's drop), we will see varied Sieges at once. So, you'll have to decide "Hm... Volge, Plague, 99er or Raider Siege... hmmm..."

But, its Lols at this point, if we'll get sieges again.

Indra Echo
07-19-2013, 02:22 PM
On one of the previous Livestreams, it was said Volge Sieges begin when DLC is dropped. And can poeple stop complaining about no DLC's already? LATE JULY means 31st at the latest. August 1st, we go bananas, but can we wait until then?

interesting to see Plague sieges will be back also... Perhaps at some point (when other DLC's drop), we will see varied Sieges at once. So, you'll have to decide "Hm... Volge, Plague, 99er or Raider Siege... hmmm..."

But, its Lols at this point, if we'll get sieges again.

I'm just of the opinion it'll happen when they figure it's ready. I mean, Halflife 3 anyone? Delays are part of the process especially when they must gauge our interest in specific areas of the game and work things in that we've requested. Anyone who has ever done any customized work for anyone knows that it just takes longer to apply customers' wishes to things.

As far as games go, there are few that actually allow fans to request things that then go into the game. I give them credit for actually listening to us-that has not been that case in any game I've played recently.

People can say what they want, but as much as we want the DLC yesterday Trion too wants it to be ready and be out there. They have invested a lot of themselves into this game and want people to like it.

Blondin
07-19-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm just of the opinion it'll happen when they figure it's ready. I mean, Halflife 3 anyone? Delays are part of the process especially when they must gauge our interest in specific areas of the game and work things in that we've requested. Anyone who has ever done any customized work for anyone knows that it just takes longer to apply customers' wishes to things.

As far as games go, there are few that actually allow fans to request things that then go into the game. I give them credit for actually listening to us-that has not been that case in any game I've played recently.

People can say what they want, but as much as we want the DLC yesterday Trion too wants it to be ready and be out there. They have invested a lot of themselves into this game and want people to like it.
I agree, but they keep telling us that they only have to set a date, I rather like they said we take time to make it fit to players request.

Indra Echo
07-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I agree, but they keep telling us that they only have to set a date, I rather like they said we take time to make it fit to players request.

Yes, I know. It's got to be awfully hard to try and create something when people consistently are unhappy no matter what. Gamers say: Nerf this, no buff it. Make it stop doing this, no make it do more of it. The game is stupid because of this, no it isn't it's because of this. It would be better if A was removed. NO, leave A get rid of B.

I'm pretty sure that's why other game devs just ignore all fans and do what they want to do even if fans hate it. They calculate that a portion of fans can never be pleased, others will like anything, and often forget that there are some rational people that will love quality, want things fixed if bugged, and will be loyal fans if they get it.

Arsenic_Touch
07-19-2013, 03:42 PM

So we should ignore everything said at E3, right?

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
So we should ignore everything said at E3, right?

To be brutally honest, yes.

Keevan
07-19-2013, 05:01 PM
The reason for all the rubber necking is because this game lacks vision and direction.

IMO it plays fine and even the AI is good (ive seen much much worse). But its like whoever was directing the charge left halfway through or something.

JxSiN
07-19-2013, 05:31 PM

I'm not too concerned with the DLC and would prefer it to be tested and released with as few bugs as possible. DLC would be nice by the end of the month because it seems content is being subtracted from the game and that would give us something to do. Even if it were released at the end of October and didn't crash the system I would be happy with that as long as they quit nerfing weapons and taking away the only things high ego players actually get rewarded for.

Sieges would be great right now, even the plague ones we already had. Any "additional" content would quell the anger of the restless mobs.

PvP costumes... I would be excited to see this come back. More reason to finish those pursuits.

And I hope you guys can deliver something to the high ego players soon. Lately it has felt more of a punishment to be a high ego

mindsouljah
07-20-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that's why other game devs just ignore all fans and do what they want to do even if fans hate it. They calculate that a portion of fans can never be pleased, others will like anything, and often forget that there are some rational people that will love quality, want things fixed if bugged, and will be loyal fans if they get it.

which games does that? from the games i play right now i know they actually listen to the message boards and try to fix issues accordingly and in a timely fashion. path of exiles and marvel heroes being the main two. i could keep going on.... hell diablo 3 and wow even have a better track record with that than this game does barring the rmah and that's saying alot.. from your post are you describing what trion is doing to us right now?

Indra Echo
07-20-2013, 10:26 AM
which games does that? from the games i play right now i know they actually listen to the message boards and try to fix issues accordingly and in a timely fashion. path of exiles and marvel heroes being the main two. i could keep going on.... hell diablo 3 and wow even have a better track record with that than this game does barring the rmah and that's saying alot.. from your post are you describing what trion is doing to us right now?

WoW sucked when it first came out and was a horribly bugged thing-it's hardly fair to compare something that has been out for years with something that hasn't. Diablo 3 was a mess when it was released and was bleeding fans-good going for a big title. They were forced to listen and did listen for some things.

Big name companies do ignore fans until they can't anymore and they fear it will affect their bottom line. And almost all of the are released and instantly need patching, which indicates none of them was in a finished state upon release. Trion has many ways for customers to contact them, in the game and outside of it. I've had good experiences when I've needed help and that's for individual issues. Other companies work more toward patching bugs, not changing content to suit fans, not adding content to suit fans. I never said they ignore bugs. They release planned content (DLC) that does not reflect fans' wishes unless it's something that will drive fans away in droves.

But in fact at some point they do ignore bugs. Every single CoD game of recent memory has a finite period as to bug fixes-at some point they stop fixing them. Same will all games. And they don't fix anything unless a lot of people have problems. Just because I (oh and thousands of others) got fed up with the fact that no matches in Black Ops 2 could be finished without the match restarting at least twice, doesn't mean they ever intended to fix it. And most of their patches were not for fixes, they were to prepare for DLC to drop, which cost $14.95 mostly for maps.

In Fallout 3, it took a wildfire approach to get Bethesda to create for pay DLC to allow the game to continue. A dev finally gave an interview and said the biggest mistake he'd ever made was to create an end for Fallout 3, except even though that was a mistake Bethesda games constantly have the same mistakes from game to game that NEVER get fixed-freeze ups, framerate drops, missions that won't end, lost items. Heck, anyone that plays a Bethesda game knows you have to ABS, always be saving. But does Bethesda really listen to the complaints? Maybe. They just don't fix what's wrong.

I'm not even going to go into all of the games that have had random progress resets so that all the achievements or trophies won are just dropped back to base, nullifying hours of play, or the whole Bioware/ME3 debacle where Bioware seemed to listen to fans but went ahead and kept the same basic crap ending that nearly caused a total EA/Bioware financial meltdown. And it took the threat of impeding fiscal doom to get them to even think publicly fans might be upset (after a dev gave a pre-release interview saying the game's ending might make fans mad). That's the state of gaming today. Devs know fans won't like what they do and they do it, anyway and then claim they're shocked that fans don't like it. And mostly they only truly listen when money gets involved.

I read an article that had information from big name devs (if I can find the article I will post the link). They specifically stated they don't listen to what's said in forums for the most part-they pay attention to fans not buying their products.

Myria
07-20-2013, 10:42 AM
WoW sucked when it first came out [...]

And yet somehow became the nine hundred pound MMO gorilla almost overnight?

Yeah, sucked.

This whole trashing every other game in sight to try and make Defiance not look like a disaster act might work a tad better if you kept it at least vaguely within the realm of reality and didn't repeat it every ten minutes.

No, on second thought it wouldn't work then, either.

mindsouljah
07-21-2013, 05:39 PM
i played wow since the first beta wave i beg to differ. besides that tho that's not what i said at all before you hit me with your fanboy manifesto. i was talking about games that are just released and how transparent the companies are on its official forums. with marvel heroes being the best atm with that...and you are smoking bath salts if you dont think bethesda doesn't listen to its fans..major issues get patched quickly and dlc comes out in a timely fashion and its not useless crap ...cant even be pissed at bioware and ea because every issue i had with mass effect 3 multiplayer was fixed in a timely manner also...

ten4
07-21-2013, 07:43 PM

At this time you get all ego slot unlocks at 1k + auto 4 mod slot weapons + access to double base mods on guns + access to best synergies + dirt cheap salvage matrix costs.

Case in point: weapons I have at 1k-1.5k are no different than ones I now loot/buy at ego 4k+. Also like to note that now I have gone beyond 4k, I am starting to see 4 open mod slots more often so lowering the salvage costs to add them is kinda pointless and again helps lower levels rather than high.

I would like to know what ideas the team is contemplating to actually make going past 1.5k meaningful and also a general ETA. Not an exact date but a general idea. I am fairly confident it won't happen in 1.025 nor the DLC so is this 2+ months from now then?

Atticus Batman
07-21-2013, 11:06 PM
i played wow since the first beta wave i beg to differ. besides that tho that's not what i said at all before you hit me with your fanboy manifesto. i was talking about games that are just released and how transparent the companies are on its official forums. with marvel heroes being the best atm with that...and you are smoking bath salts if you dont think bethesda doesn't listen to its fans..major issues get patched quickly and dlc comes out in a timely fashion and its not useless crap ...cant even be pissed at bioware and ea because every issue i had with mass effect 3 multiplayer was fixed in a timely manner also...

I don't really care about the arguement either way, but come on! Can you REALLY say the horse armor in Oblivion was not useless?! If it was so great, then enlighten us as to what made it so special. Was it the 30 cent paint job, the unbalanced way it sat on horses, or maybe it's static appearance?

Or what about the poor ps3 people NOT getting dlc for so long? You know Bethesda is atleast partly at fault for that.

MstrJedi_Kyle
07-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Not every ME3 bug was fixed in a timely fashion. Hell I STILL can't shadow strike an Atlas....

Arsenic_Touch
07-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Not every ME3 bug was fixed in a timely fashion. Hell I STILL can't shadow strike an Atlas....

I can think of two game breaking bugs that they did nothing to fix. The one on the bridge where you would freeze in place and pretty much every mission had a location if you weren't paying attention you would start floating up and be unable to get back down.