PDA

View Full Version : Castithan Charge Pack Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Sledgehammer70
07-19-2013, 12:06 PM
This thread will now be the main DLC discussion thread. Please keep posts constructive and on-topic and make every effort to be respectful to others that are posting. Rudeness, Insults, and Trolling will not be tolerated, and this thread will be closely monitored.

Castithan DLC Details:

You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
– Access to play the Castithan Species
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
– Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
– Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
– A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
– A unique Castithan version of an outfit
– A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
– Access to New Pursuits
– New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
- One time option for a single character to have their appearance change, name change, and species changed

You get this in the DLC for free:
– Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
– Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
– Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
– Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
– Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
– Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
– Select a new voice for you character
– Multitude of game improvements from UI to content

You can buy these individually from the store:
– New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
– More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
– Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change

Release Date: August 2013

seto282003
07-19-2013, 12:12 PM
can we at least get an answer if it is still looking like the dlc will release this month or not?

iBS0
07-19-2013, 12:12 PM
thanks sledge

lordchun
07-19-2013, 12:13 PM
That's sounds good but me and many others are getting inpatient for the release date. Sorry to bring it up. But it would sure help too know

Zootharuu
07-19-2013, 12:20 PM
With this DLC, will there be level advancement on current weapons and vehicles that are at level 20?

Olaf
07-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks Sledge. Couple questions...
First the obvious - any news on a date?
Secondly, the $10 price - is this JUST for US residents, or will europe players also get the DLC for the equivalent of $10 in their local currency... or will it be 10 in the local currency, e.g. £10 GBP.. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 12:24 PM
– Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change

Release Date: Not announced at this time.

By store do you mean the Bits store for real money or the ingame NPC vendors that sell items for scrip?

Castithan blade mod only tint?
Castithan blades have nano procs?

TravelerX1
07-19-2013, 12:34 PM
So when it it being released????
LOL.... sorry I kid I kid.....

But a serious question.....
Battle Arenas.... will that be like group co-op based or open world?

Omnifarious Xji
07-19-2013, 12:36 PM
DLC? For Defiance? What is this, I don't even...

brute
07-19-2013, 12:44 PM

like this but will it just be available for week then taken away again like the other siege?

brute
07-19-2013, 12:48 PM
– Access to a new Story Mission Line

will this include a new area to explore ?

spawn2985
07-19-2013, 12:49 PM
just hope it goes without bug

Remag Div
07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Trolling will not be tolerated.

http://i.imgur.com/ZVua6.gif

Omnifarious Xji
07-19-2013, 12:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZVua6.gif I saw into its soul. (e_e')

Error404
07-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Sledge, if possible can you answer the following:

With the introduction of new persuits, are we getting a new ego cap? I am currently 5000 and 5121 hardcap (As per 'My Ego' on the site)

Would like to hope new persuits means a new ego cap.

spawn2985
07-19-2013, 01:00 PM
OMG undated : (

Leigh Kornvu
07-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I've an important, non-troll question *cough* Remag *cough*

Are the color tint mods only available through the bit store, or are there ones available as random mods in shops?

Thr0nes
07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
This thread will now be the main DLC discussion thread. Please keep posts constructive and on-topic and make every effort to be respectful to others that are posting. Rudeness, Insults, and Trolling will not be tolerated, and this thread will be closely monitored.

Castithan DLC Details:

You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
– Access to play the Castithan Species
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
– Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
– Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
– A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
– A unique Castithan version of an outfit
– A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
– Access to New Pursuits
– New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
- One time option for a single character to have their appearance change, name change, and species changed

You get this in the DLC for free:
– Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
– Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
– Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
– Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
– Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
– Select a new voice for you character
– Multitude of game improvements from UI to content

Copy and pasted from:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/09/you-just-keep-coming-back-for-more-but-now-what-lets-talk-potential/

Thanks sledge.

Jab
07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Will we be able to buy the Charge pack with Bits in game?

Thanks,

Nilxain
07-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Can you post that pick of the 4 person vehicle?

nikra
07-19-2013, 02:11 PM
really wish people would look around and not ask the same questions. No there are no opened map areas or ego cap raise (its the first dlc for god sake!)

IAMVILELENT
07-19-2013, 02:13 PM
The most important thing that everyone cares about went unanswered. There is really nothing too discuss about any of the DLC that hasn't already been answered. They said no trolling here, but I'm starting to feel like it's Trion that's trolling us. The price doesn't even matter, you could charge $25 for the new content and people would still fork it over, which in reality if you want to change your chargeblade color, or get a different color raptor so that you don't look like the other 500k players driving the same one around, you'll end up spending that much and then some anyways. Good marketing ploy/scheme/trick to Trion, hopefully you don't take the 10+ Million Dollars you'll make off this DLC and squander it again.

Edit:

Oops forgot to add,

"In my opinion."

Edit #2

And in all seriousness, why post this, and not the DLC beta Patch notes? If you wanted our honest opinions on something you should have posted that, why post something that will go unchanged no matter how much we all hate it.

pooch83
07-19-2013, 02:16 PM
heres a great question that you guys have ignored in ATB an you're friday live streams several times. if the 4player truck of doom is called that. then what makes the "doom" part, especially since you guys took off all of the weapons that were meant to be on it.... so where is the doom coming in?. having 4 people in one truck doesnt make that great of a threat. and why did you remove the weapons from the original designs?

ten4
07-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Pretty lack luster over all; no new land mass so we will be confined to the same little box.

You guys already outlined this months ago and nothing new has been said.

hagndaz
07-19-2013, 02:23 PM
this is just what we needed, a stickied thread telling us exactly what we knew a month ago. keep up the meaningfull communication Trion!

Dark Raven80
07-19-2013, 02:31 PM
This is just what was said back in May when it was posted that it would be released at the end of that month on the main game page (it was later removed after several failed patches). Now they say end of this month but with their track record it will be "end of October"pretty soon. Way to go try'n on losing even more players to your companies ineptitude...

Dark Raven80
07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
heres a great question that you guys have ignored in ATB an you're friday live streams several times. if the 4player truck of doom is called that. then what makes the "doom" part, especially since you guys took off all of the weapons that were meant to be on it.... so where is the doom coming in?. having 4 people in one truck doesnt make that great of a threat. and why did you remove the weapons from the original designs?

They had to pre-nerf it so players won't be as pissed-off when it gets more nerfs later.

BEEF7347
07-19-2013, 02:59 PM
So another thread on something we already knew, brilliant now instead of a repeat how about a date.

Multigun
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM

Read an article on joystick that said that the Raptor vehicle did not have it's weapons in for the press release build (same build that they showed on twitch.) They claimed that live DLC will have guns in it again. I'm going to hold my breath....seeing as the DLC is probably not going to be coming until late August or even September at this point (educated guess).

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 03:24 PM
seeing as the DLC is probably not going to be coming until late August or even September at this point (educated guess).

Welcome to the desert of the real, Neo.

BEEF7347
07-19-2013, 03:35 PM
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4h
During today's Twitch.tv stream, we will not be announcing a release date for the Castithan Charge Pack. #DefianceUpdate

This was on Twitter so did I miss the release date on the stream or will their be another ?

Omnifarious Xji
07-19-2013, 03:37 PM
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4h
During today's Twitch.tv stream, we will not be announcing a release date for the Castithan Charge Pack. #DefianceUpdate

This was on Twitter so did I miss the release date on the stream or will their be another ? That's because they didn't announce the release date on the stream, as they stated they wouldn't.

Overtkill21
07-19-2013, 03:39 PM
There's no meat on this bone...date?

BEEF7347
07-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah my bad didn't pay attention

Valethar
07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Are the store items going to be as typically overpriced as the current ones or are you still not interested in actually making any money from players?

Arsenic_Touch
07-19-2013, 04:14 PM
What was the point in copy and pasting what you already posted and not added anything new to the discussion?

How about explaining why the E3 discussion about the raptor said it will have a turret while the AtB live stream said it doesn't?

And while we're at it, you might as well confirm whether or not the late July date is even going to happen. I'm leaning towards not, but at least admit it instead of leaving us in the dark.

spawn2985
07-19-2013, 04:17 PM
make people happy set a date :mad:

Dark Raven80
07-19-2013, 04:25 PM
make people happy set a date :mad:

It will be "sometime this winter" the way these idiots do things....

Satsuki
07-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I thought for sure they'd have a date today. I've been a supporter since I got the game and even I'm losing hope. There's still time in the month for them to release it I guess but if they were going to make the end of the month surely they'd know by now..

For the first time since getting this game there have been days I've gotten on and just been so bored I only stayed a few minutes and this week I've barely played it at all.

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Snipped

Travelerx1, they've handed out at least 4 bans to people today for this kind of stuff and since you've had one thread locked already for this that you've copy pasted here, you know you've essentially painted a bullseye on your forehead for this.

Edit: Yep, they nailed him with a headshot from a wolfhound with syphon :P

KTCAOP
07-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks Sledge. Couple questions...
First the obvious - any news on a date?
Secondly, the $10 price - is this JUST for US residents, or will europe players also get the DLC for the equivalent of $10 in their local currency... or will it be 10 in the local currency, e.g. £10 GBP.. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated

Historically, it will be in the local currency, though EU/US prices tend to be the same number (even though the Euro is slightly stronger). Since the pound is almost 2:1 to the US, it usually will be approximately half the cost.

Keevan
07-19-2013, 04:43 PM

I came to the forums to see if I should bother even logging in for some amusement.

Guess not.

Stick it in yer ear TRION.

JxSiN
07-19-2013, 04:44 PM
This is pretty much the same info that was already released like a month ago :(

With less than 2 weeks left in the month, and all the not so popular changes and discussions, I was at least hoping for some new info and/or a release date

EDIT: Make that 2 months ago. Same info. Nothing new. Nothing exciting. Nothing to raise the hopes of those who are losing it more and more each and every day

cusman
07-19-2013, 04:52 PM
I am down for paying $10 for the DLC... but I would like to know how lengthy is the new Story Mission Line?

I don't mean the total time spent grinding for some ridiculous repeat the same thing pursuit requirement... I mean actual mission time, number of missions, etc. Does the story line have new bosses? anything unique to the missions not found anywhere else?

Talon72
07-19-2013, 04:57 PM

So how is this going to be handled? Is it going to a one time chance upon logging in for the first time after the release or can I hang on to it and use it later on?

Also, you're simply angering the fanbase by refusing to give us an idea of when it will be released. Judging by this post and the lack of any new information, it will not be anytime soon. Hell, at this point I would simply like to know why it is taking so long.

hagndaz
07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
i cant wait for the mods to lock/delete their stickied thread. maybe theyll just delete all of the comments and then lock the thread.

EV76
07-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Ah man, no date. I wonder if the casti story missions will even have cut scenes. They might just give us pure data recorders. Well wait and see I guess.

Sanguinesun
07-19-2013, 05:53 PM
i cant wait for the mods to lock/delete their stickied thread. maybe theyll just delete all of the comments and then lock the thread.

Actually they've been removing troll threads/posts and issuing suspensions and bans all day over the dlc angst both before and after the twitter post that prompted sledgehammer70 to make the rehash of Richardsson's blog post from May.

spawn2985
07-19-2013, 06:00 PM
question as it would cost to make your character

digetey dank
07-19-2013, 06:07 PM
second paragraph from the end...moved dlc back....haven't edited this one yet http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/27/serious-improvements-serious-business/ also noticed that when the map was brought up in the twitch feed there were no new map areas

Ishkaga
07-19-2013, 06:22 PM
I've stood by Trion since I bought the game and I honestly enjoy the game quite a bit, but come on, this is getting ridiculous. If the DLC is being delayed cause of issues, just tell us, and stop constantly putting it off.

Assasino
07-19-2013, 06:23 PM
So the dlc has been pushed back yet another time. :(
Not looking good for players especially changing from what was said at E3

As for the mention of $10 for this dlc, will the Season Pass holders not get this?

digetey dank
07-19-2013, 06:25 PM
So the dlc has been pushed back yet another time. :(

As for the mention of $10 for this dlc, will the Season Pass holders not get this?

u will get it if u bought the season pass... $10 for those who didn't

Assasino
07-19-2013, 06:34 PM
ok. because if those that purchased the pass did not get it i would be pissed

Yun
07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
I call Shtako on the release date because they have had both Nathan Richardsson and Greg give a general estimate and their estimated dates are counting down quickly.

Nathan Richardsson stated end of July in an E3 Interview
Greg has said it would be available at the end of the Season 1 Replay content going on currently. Still coincides with the July statement issued by Nathan.

So either those 2 are blowing smoke or Sledge is not as informed as people are lead to believe. I've been patient, but we all know they've pushed back and pushed back this dlc from it's original intended release date several times and that is starting to get annoying to the players. If they had kept their mouths shuts on any sort of push back due to issues on their part like their massive bug fest that were working on fixing before releasing it I don't think there would be this much backlash.

XGC Cipher
07-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Rudeness, Insults, and Trolling will not be tolerated, and this thread will be closely monitored.

Pot; Meet kettle

insulting our intelligence and trolling us

you handed out a broken survey a few days ago, i think the responses here give you an idea on how your doing.

also with all due respect this isn't a discussion thread everything to be discussed was discussed months back when all this was already told to us, we don't have anything new to discuss though with the layoffs two months ago this was expected

RealHoosier07
07-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Actually Greg didn't say "at the end of the replay". His exact words were the replay runs until July 31st, and then the DLC is coming out. That is quite a bit different than saying "at the end of the replay". Considering how he worded it, I took it to mean the DLC is coming AFTER the end of the replay, which would be in August(first week?)....OR we will be waiting and waiting, and get it by the middle to end of August. lol

CrimsonDawntracker
07-19-2013, 07:49 PM
This question has probably been asked alot but once again....any estimated or known eta on this DLC release date,i do hope it is in this month of July and not some billion years later.

Carnak
07-19-2013, 07:51 PM
I thought for sure they'd have a date today. I've been a supporter since I got the game and even I'm losing hope. There's still time in the month for them to release it I guess but if they were going to make the end of the month surely they'd know by now..

I didn't care for the limited race options or their appearance at launch so I've been waiting for this DLC before I start playing. I know they recently announced the free race change to come with it but having waited this long it doesn't seem worth jumping the gun yet.

Wouldn't say I'm losing hope - it'll come eventually - but I am running out of other ways to amuse myself.

So how is this going to be handled? Is it going to a one time chance upon logging in for the first time after the release or can I hang on to it and use it later on?

I think I've seen this answered somewhere.

When the DLC goes live anyone who purchases it will receive a consumable item which can be used to initiate a race change. More can be purchased from the item shop if you want to race change multiple characters.

Yun
07-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Actually Greg didn't say "at the end of the replay". His exact words were the replay runs until July 31st, and then the DLC is coming out. That is quite a bit different than saying "at the end of the replay". Considering how he worded it, I took it to mean the DLC is coming AFTER the end of the replay, which would be in August(first week?)....OR we will be waiting and waiting, and get it by the middle to end of August. lol

Your incorrect as Greg did not give a specific date he did say after the replay content and pretty sure the date on the patcher screen states the 30th.

Capt Price
07-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Will there be mods, synergys, nanos, and rarity a on charge blades?

nitroz76
07-19-2013, 08:12 PM

And the only reason why there were so many threads is because of the release date.

spawn2985
07-19-2013, 08:25 PM
And the only reason why there were so many threads is because of the release date.

is the only thing that interest

Piers
07-19-2013, 10:48 PM
So, how will the Charge weapons work? will they be like the RailGun in MGS4 where it has multiple levels of charge that do increasing damage?

KTCAOP
07-19-2013, 11:23 PM
So, how will the Charge weapons work? will they be like the RailGun in MGS4 where it has multiple levels of charge that do increasing damage?

Lots of speculation from what I've seen. Apparently multiple shots though there might be something for damage for the blade. I'll see if I can find something more definitive.

Solid Snake
07-20-2013, 12:41 AM
War... Has changed

MacDeath
07-20-2013, 12:59 AM

Also, you're simply angering the fanbase by refusing to give us an idea of when it will be released. Judging by this post and the lack of any new information, it will not be anytime soon. Hell, at this point I would simply like to know why it is taking so long.

They HAVE given us an idea when it will be released. Several times, in fact. The most recent info was from Nathan Richardsson at E3 when he told us it would be late July. Trion isn't about to give us Yet Another Target Date (YATD) until they have missed the current target. Hence, stay tuned. If they miss late July, THEN we can ask politely for a new date from the new Executive Producer.

JimmyRustler
07-20-2013, 03:30 AM
This question has probably been asked alot but once again....any estimated or known eta on this DLC release date,i do hope it is in this month of July and not some billion years later.

Yeah I would like to know that as well.....
Or is there a date on when they will release the date?

xHOLLYWOOD1986x
07-20-2013, 05:04 AM
The reason the release date isn't announced yet is because if they give an approximation and don't meet it for an unforseen reason, then all you whiners will just flood the forums again. Be patient. All good things come in due time. Those with real concerns, thanks for keeping things in perspective and asking questions with genuine thirst for knowledge.

Benocide
07-20-2013, 05:24 AM
I swear I saw an interview and some bloke from Trion said it would be released at the end of July!

Dafuq Trion!

Sanguinesun
07-20-2013, 05:28 AM
I swear I saw an interview and some bloke from Trion said it would be released at the end of July!

Dafuq Trion!

That would be -former- executive producer Nathan Richardsson. He also back in the 1st week after launch of the game in April said the DLC would be coming after the first 2 fix patches to fix bugs and other issues plaguing the game(some of which never was put into those patches and came from alpha where we reported it pretty lengthily.... and still is in game to date).

Take all of that as you will.

Remag Div
07-20-2013, 10:00 AM
You mean this guy?

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

lol

X64
07-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm looking forward to having dual charge blades, that would really look awesome! (looks at avatar) Well dual charge blades with 1/2 damage from the usual then can land more hits on proper timing.

Blu
07-20-2013, 10:37 AM
why another thread on this, if there's no release date?
because that's the only thing most of these ppl care about, most know whats has been said about the #1 DLC, and out of them, all of them want a date..

Nathan is no longer with trion or on Defiance?

These new weapons and truck you speak of, will they be OP and need nerf's?

How will ppl be able to use this truck, that's suppose to have a turrent on it, how will they be able to use it at arkfalls and not annoy other players?

like what happened months ago, where trion nerfed our quads and other vehicles, making them so weak that a lot of my friends gave up on this game at that point forever, it was fun running around on lvl 20 quads, you know how long that takes to achieve without using a glitch?

is these kinds of questions why there is no date yet for DLC or,

Are we just ants in a ant farm, where trion is learning as they go?
Which shouldn't be the case, because of the past experience with Rift..

Why do the Mods or Dm's not interact with us in these kind of threads? You will monitor them and close them, but wont interact with your own community, only to nerf items to try and make the mass stop crying..

theres a lot of why's and not any answers, or even interaction between us and you..

You being trion...
On twitter these managers and devs, mods, dms, interact with us.. sometimes I wonder if a select few of, who are not biased towards things like pvp and die'n at the hands of another player using any kind of weapon, maybe there would have been more input from us, that was actually implemented into the game by now..

with the lay off's, the random core changes and just not much out of trion about the defiance end of business, it just leaves a lot of ppl in the dark and wondering..

well, the ones that have actually stayed around and tried to deal with all this and not just chalked it up as a,

'oh well, I will put this game up on the shelf with all my other ones and let it collect dust'

guess this is why companys like EA and Blizzard don't interact much with its fans either, they do, but its rare.

to many babys to feed and give milk to, guess next everyone will be crying about the dets everyone is spamming now in pvp, nerf that for the 90th time..

interaction with us in these threads should be important, not a echo..

Stoned Soldier
07-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Its been almost four months since game launced, August 2nd will be the marker.Still you want to dicuss something we want to play. Now I purchased the season pass with great expectations only to be let down. In no way will Trion have all 5 DLC packs out before the years end, which is false advertisement and grounds for either a friendly refund or a civil court refund by years end. Me and many others gave up on this game as many should.

Stoned Soldier
07-20-2013, 02:23 PM
The reason the release date isn't announced yet is because if they give an approximation and don't meet it for an unforseen reason, then all you whiners will just flood the forums again. Be patient. All good things come in due time. Those with real concerns, thanks for keeping things in perspective and asking questions with genuine thirst for knowledge.
Yeah like FFXIV, put together by square-enix, multi-billion dollar company thats been around over 20yrs. Bye bye keep Try in on( Trion)

dominad
07-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Who is in charge at Trion :(
Do you know how poorly this has been received? People are trying to be constructive but you delete and close threads even when posters are well mannered and offering help. Do you really want our feedback and if you do is anyone actually paying attention. The move in the past month have been a long sounding death for this game.

Yes there is new people joining I have run into some. I am also seeing people who have played from launch reach breaking point, someone left the game who I NEVER thought would stop playing; they were one of your biggest fans. Since the patch changes all you hear is clan and social not fixed yet? no new content yet? man this game is getting boring? So why would you speak up and say something positive only to get laughed at.

This DLC was what people were hanging on to for their new hope not just for fun and playablity many would play anyway but also because the fact that you were bringing out this amazing content and charge shields and the massive siege monolith events, was the reason they kept telling their friends to wait and encouraging thm to get excited about the DLC.

The level 1000 ego cap was also a very poor decision and a major part of why people are now more rabid about wanting the DLC and why many long term players are bored due to no longer working to get perk slots, and balancing their huge ark salvage costs. It does not impact the level 4000 - 5000 ego so much but those from 2000 to that point it does.

Now people do not even bother to bring it up because you stopped doing it. it feels like a deliberate attempt to avoid solid answers on the DLC, no one has dates or timelines and you are making your biggest fans feel less confident in saying just wait the new content is going to be so awesome because they no longer get positive feedback either.

I am still hoping too Trion if you are listening. You need to start telling people what is going on, stop wasting time fixing unbroken issues, and bringing in content and changes that give the games goals again. Censorship is also not working in your favor locking or removing threads does not mean people did not read them. This forum has gone on a massive downturn. Please police the people who are abusive and negative or better yet get proactive and make them happy about the game again or at least reply and say you are listening so they act nicer.

It has been a zoo round here lately and I would never have registered if it was like this when I came here.
I have said it before but this we are not sure yet status quo is not ehlping Defiance you are runing it. Just be honest say whats going on before you lose more supporters.

Ali Mente
07-21-2013, 01:47 AM
It've seen a lot of the stream. With new things from DLC
Now sprinkle the salt in the wound even more. Make us horny. And do not come back with a date.

It seems to me that making fun of us.
And then at the end of the stream has the type of game. Has so lousy smile like Jack Nicholson as The Joker

This is bad translate from Google Translator

MacDeath
07-21-2013, 02:45 AM
It've seen a lot of the stream. With new things from DLC
Now sprinkle the salt in the wound even more. Make us horny. And do not come back with a date.

It seems to me that making fun of us.
And then at the end of the stream has the type of game. Has so lousy smile like Jack Nicholson as The Joker

This is bad translate from Google Translator

Let me try to translate for you.

The live stream was a tease. You are trying to get us excited for what's coming in the DLC. However, we already were excited and have been waiting for months. Teasing us is an attempt to make us horny for the DLC. We already are. Telling us/ showing us how cool it will be WHEN IT GETS HERE, and then not telling us WHEN it will get here is sprinkling salt in our wounds. And THEN to grin at us...

XGC Cipher
07-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Who is in charge at Trion :(
Do you know how poorly this has been received? People are trying to be constructive but you delete and close threads even when posters are well mannered and offering help. Do you really want our feedback and if you do is anyone actually paying attention. The move in the past month have been a long sounding death for this game.

Yes there is new people joining I have run into some. I am also seeing people who have played from launch reach breaking point, someone left the game who I NEVER thought would stop playing; they were one of your biggest fans. Since the patch changes all you hear is clan and social not fixed yet? no new content yet? man this game is getting boring? So why would you speak up and say something positive only to get laughed at.

This DLC was what people were hanging on to for their new hope not just for fun and playablity many would play anyway but also because the fact that you were bringing out this amazing content and charge shields and the massive siege monolith events, was the reason they kept telling their friends to wait and encouraging thm to get excited about the DLC.

The level 1000 ego cap was also a very poor decision and a major part of why people are now more rabid about wanting the DLC and why many long term players are bored due to no longer working to get perk slots, and balancing their huge ark salvage costs. It does not impact the level 4000 - 5000 ego so much but those from 2000 to that point it does.

Now people do not even bother to bring it up because you stopped doing it. it feels like a deliberate attempt to avoid solid answers on the DLC, no one has dates or timelines and you are making your biggest fans feel less confident in saying just wait the new content is going to be so awesome because they no longer get positive feedback either.

I am still hoping too Trion if you are listening. You need to start telling people what is going on, stop wasting time fixing unbroken issues, and bringing in content and changes that give the games goals again. Censorship is also not working in your favor locking or removing threads does not mean people did not read them. This forum has gone on a massive downturn. Please police the people who are abusive and negative or better yet get proactive and make them happy about the game again or at least reply and say you are listening so they act nicer.

It has been a zoo round here lately and I would never have registered if it was like this when I came here.
I have said it before but this we are not sure yet status quo is not ehlping Defiance you are runing it. Just be honest say whats going on before you lose more supporters.

How most people feel expressed in the nicest way possible thumbs up

dominad
07-21-2013, 03:23 AM
How most people feel expressed in the nicest way possible thumbs up
Thank you I hope I was able to convey for those I play with who love this game but are giving up.
I hope Trion does not close this thread and starts taking part in this community again. Encouraging those who contribute, and you know if it is all a mess and needs more time. Honesty is always the best policy. It might help clean up some of the fighting and bad behaviour going on here. Since when has treating other people round here so badly become acceptable. I find myself reporting a lot of threads. I do not have to agree with every comment, but I do have the responsibility to respond in a non humiliating or non abusive way, or to not reply at all. This in my opinion is a massive issue right now innocent new people get caught in the cross fire and more active thoughtful forum moderation is needed. It is a reflection of people's personal frustrations. Sometimes if you ask people who support you for support, you can be surprised at what you get If you pretend they do not exist and rebuff them oft, they will slowly offer less of it.

If this continues for another month I doubt there will be anyone left playing on my list. When I was trying to get on last time it said friends online 2.. That is down from at least 10 - 20 a few weeks ago.

This is my 699 post here on the forum. I have tried to be active and contribute. I have reached near EGO 3000, helped and encouraged people in game and had a lot of fun. I am struggling to find a reason to want to be around this negativity. Please focus on the positive people here and making some good changes that will restore some excitement for Defiance again.

XGC Cipher
07-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Most of the my friends and clanmates wrote defiance off late may they said first shotgun nerf was proof the team had no competence had I not gotten a season pass id prolly be with them

dominad
07-21-2013, 03:36 AM
I left Defiance because I will not support games by Trion.
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

Most of the my friends and clanmates wrote defiance off late may they said first shotgun nerf was proof the team had no competence had I not gotten a season pass id prolly be with them
For many I play with the ego perk changes, new nerfs and lack of forthcoming from the source DLC information seems to be what is killing them off. People seemed able to put up with the bugs and issues, they still had fun and played.. this week the most oft two statements I have heard spoken were, This game is boring now and what clan chat (or boosts) is still broken.

How long can you keep encouraging your friends.

I need to get to work you have a lovely day.

TravelerX1
07-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Come on Guys, Trion is doing one hell of a job and we need to thank them for that. I mean with all of the pesky server problems, small tweaks that needed to be done, all of the well thought out balance changes, convention appearances, the awesome Across the Badlands show, not to mention the great content in the bits store..... they may have had to put off working on the DLC for awhile. I am sure we will all be here waiting for them when they decide to set a release date and share that with us.

So Thank You Trion! Keep up the great work!

Synead
07-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Come on Guys, Trion is doing one hell of a job and we need to thank them for that. I mean with all of the pesky server problems, small tweaks that needed to be done, all of the well thought out balance changes, convention appearances, the awesome Across the Badlands show, not to mention the great content in the bits store..... they may have had to put off working on the DLC for awhile. I am sure we will all be here waiting for them when they decide to set a release date and share that with us.

So Thank You Trion! Keep up the great work!

thanks to make me laugh :')

GhostHunterX
07-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Does anyone remember when Defiance first came out? I do.... PEOPLE were COMPLAINING non-stop ABOUT all the PROBLEMS they were having with the game. So, TRION has worked tirelessly to MAKE the game BETTER and FIX most of the PROBLEMS with and without our help. They have put in countless hours for our enjoyment when it was no enjoyment for them to try and make this work right for everyone... Now you want to complain because you bought a DLC pack (for less money then it would cost you if you bought each one separately) and have to wait for them to deliver it to you without the errors everyone complained about for 2 months???? So my question in this...Would you rather have a DLC that works like it should or a DLC that doesn't work and needs 24 updates to make it work properly?;) I, too, have been waiting patiently for the DLC to come out and when it does I will be glad to play it without the errors that have frustrated me :mad: more times than not. But as I have been told many times by my grandparents... GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT and PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE !!!! I would like to thank Trion for making sure the DLC is in proper working order before they release it, instead of releasing it and causing me and many others massive amounts of stress and frustration:mad: with patch after patch after patch:(.... Thank you Trion for the 80+ hours of entertainment that I have had already had and look forward to 80+ hours of more entertainment after the DLC's are released.:cool:

Synead
07-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Does anyone remember when Defiance first came out? I do.... PEOPLE were COMPLAINING non-stop ABOUT all the PROBLEMS they were having with the game. So, TRION has worked tirelessly to MAKE the game BETTER and FIX most of the PROBLEMS with and without our help. They have put in countless hours for our enjoyment when it was no enjoyment for them to try and make this work right for everyone... Now you want to complain because you bought a DLC pack (for less money then it would cost you if you bought each one separately) and have to wait for them to deliver it to you without the errors everyone complained about for 2 months???? So my question in this...Would you rather have a DLC that works like it should or a DLC that doesn't work and needs 24 updates to make it work properly?;) I, too, have been waiting patiently for the DLC to come out and when it does I will be glad to play it without the errors that have frustrated me :mad: more times than not. But as I have been told many times by my grandparents... GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT and PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE !!!! I would like to thank Trion for making sure the DLC is in proper working order before they release it, instead of releasing it and causing me and many others massive amounts of stress and frustration:mad: with patch after patch after patch:(.... Thank you Trion for the 80+ hours of entertainment that I have had already had and look forward to 80+ hours of more entertainment after the DLC's are released.:cool:

-trion has worked tirellesly to make the game better??? it appears that we haven't the same definition of "work hard"... some of the problems haven't yet issues since 3 months... and players still complain about this.

-80+hours of entertainment? do u really think that's enough for a "mmo"... ??

when i see what trion have made for Rift and compare to defiance, it's a shame.

Pipes
07-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Firstly let me just state, I dont care when the DLC comes out or whats in it, I have several hundred other things I can do or play in the meantime, and im not worried everyone will have left because judging by the hordes of players I still see in game, thats not going to happen anytime soon. However...

What I will state is this, from an outside perspective looking in..

Trion your entire gameplan here with how you treat the playerbase is mind boggling. Now im not blaming Sledge for running no info by us on release dates, hell im not even going to string him up for not answering questions here, because he has to answer to higher ups, and they are "probably" not allowing him to disclose information to us.

But that makes no sense at all. You would think, with the amount of anger and backlash the company recieves from its community, which is the people they make profit from remember, the whole point of making a game in the first place, that they would simply NOT release the information people want to hear. Its ludicrous..

Its like they are coming out of the closet and so afraid to tell thier parents incase they react badly at the news, so they put it off and off..

Quite simply put, its this Trion -If there is some major problem with DLC, that is causing the delay. TELL US. You do realise the anger would be slightly appeased if the community actually was aware there was a legitimate problem and could understand the reasons for the delay? . Its as simple as that , it really is

Tzar of kaos
07-21-2013, 07:23 AM
-trion has worked tirellesly to make the game better??? it appears that we haven't the same definition of "work hard"... some of the problems haven't yet issues since 3 months... and players still complain about this.

-80+hours of entertainment? do u really think that's enough for a "mmo"... ??

when i see what trion have made for Rift and compare to defiance, it's a shame.

Trion did improve the game since day one but they are still issues.
Defiance is a multi-platforms game which add more issues.
MMO doesn't means CRPG.

The big question is how Trion will manage to fix the game and release 5 DLCs in the next 10 months ?...

Ali Mente
07-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Nevertheless, many feel somehow fooled. I think some here buy a car without an engine. One can only pick up in a few months. Aside from the DLC, we are represented in the German forum really alone. We have only one community manager and no moderators. And it is said that the European area is totally uninteresting. There is at least maintained

We the players in the German forum we help it myself. On help from official page does not exist. We found ourselves alone on

T_Archangel
07-21-2013, 07:32 AM

Not trying to be a wise-arse here, but was the part I highlighted in red intentional or was this a mis-typed description? If so no big deal, ut if it was an intentional description, then what does "truck of doomed compensation" mean exactly? To me it doesn't sound like a very good thing LOL

Neil Peart
07-21-2013, 07:41 AM
im sorry but beta felt more refined than this schtako we have right now anyway...... love the game but it feels like there is a nda placed upon our community managers..... i thought this crap stopped after the nazis fell..... and there is no support i had a forum account banned cause i commented in a spam topic from the football topics oh still heard nout about it being sorted in nearly a month.... go figure and yeah still waiting for recompense of my boosts that dissapeared......

Synead
07-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Trion did improve the game since day one but they are still issues.
Defiance is a multi-platforms game which add more issues.
MMO doesn't means CRPG.
The big question is how Trion will manage to fix the game and release 5 DLCs in the next 10 months ?...

vu que t'es francais et que j'ai un peu la flemme de m'exprimer en anglais (et que je suis pas trés doué pour:/) je vais te répondre en francais:
-depuis la sortie du jeu, y a eu trés peu de bugs corrigés, moins de 10% je dirais, ok le cross-plateformes rajoute surement des bugs mais quand même! (l'une des raisons qui font que le jeu n'est pas aussi bon qu'il pourrait l'être est surement ce cross-plateformes, par exemple la distance de vue incroyablement faible ou les soucis de chat, et je pense pas me tromper en pensant que c'est la plus grosse erreur que trion a fait en voulant sortir son jeu sur plusieurs supports, favorisant là encore le profit sur la qualité.)
-je sais bien que ce n'est pas un mmorpg...mais trion a vendu son titre au départ comme un mmotps, se ravisant quelques semaines avant sa sortie en le décrivant cette fois comme un "shooter en ligne, incluant des éléments de mmos"... en réalité ces éléments sont peu ou pas présents, il serait plus judicieux de dire que c'est un jeu solo avec quelques petits éléments multijoueurs (coop, pvp, arkfalls). Le fait que l'on puisse arriver ego max sans jamais devoir grouper avec des amis ou des membres de son clan le montre bien( ok faut être 4 pour coop mais vu leur difficulté elles se soloteraient sans souci, le pvp réclame davantage de joueurs ok, mais l'importance du teamplay étant réduit à peau de zob je ne saisis là pas encore la composante "mmo").
Bref tout ca me fait dire que Trion a voulu faire "un produit marketing" rapportant VITE et BEAUCOUP, plus qu'un projet multijoueur ayant des vues à long terme, le manque d'investissement des dévelloppeurs dans leur jeu ne fait que me conforter dans cet état d'esprit.

SevenSages
07-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Umm I thought this was the english forums lol

TravelerX1
07-21-2013, 07:45 AM
You guys are being to hard on Trion!
I mean look at all they have done in the last 4 months for this game. It is any surprise that they need a little more time to polish the DLC so that it is as perfect as the patches that they have been working so hard on? Give them a break, they are trying real hard and we need to respect that.

Synead
07-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Umm I thought this was the english forums lol

really? :D

Sanguinesun
07-21-2013, 07:52 AM
really? :D

I think SevenSages won't understand the irony.:rolleyes:

N3gativeCr33p
07-21-2013, 09:41 AM
What was the point in copy and pasting what you already posted and not added anything new to the discussion?

How about explaining why the E3 discussion about the raptor said it will have a turret while the AtB live stream said it doesn't?

And while we're at it, you might as well confirm whether or not the late July date is even going to happen. I'm leaning towards not, but at least admit it instead of leaving us in the dark.

I completely agree with these thoughts. This habit of constantly keeping the audience in the dark is really starting to wear thin with me.

MacDeath
07-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Firstly let me just state, I dont care when the DLC comes out or whats in it, I have several hundred other things I can do or play in the meantime, and im not worried everyone will have left because judging by the hordes of players I still see in game, thats not going to happen anytime soon. However...

What I will state is this, from an outside perspective looking in..

Trion your entire gameplan here with how you treat the playerbase is mind boggling. Now im not blaming Sledge for running no info by us on release dates, hell im not even going to string him up for not answering questions here, because he has to answer to higher ups, and they are "probably" not allowing him to disclose information to us.

But that makes no sense at all. You would think, with the amount of anger and backlash the company recieves from its community, which is the people they make profit from remember, the whole point of making a game in the first place, that they would simply NOT release the information people want to hear. Its ludicrous..

Its like they are coming out of the closet and so afraid to tell thier parents incase they react badly at the news, so they put it off and off..

Quite simply put, its this Trion -If there is some major problem with DLC, that is causing the delay. TELL US. You do realise the anger would be slightly appeased if the community actually was aware there was a legitimate problem and could understand the reasons for the delay? . Its as simple as that , it really is

Actually it isn't that simple. If they knew when it would be ready they would tell us. It isn't ready until it meets the criteria, and no one can be sure in advance when that will happen. They can guess, but we've seen what happens when they make predictions and then miss. So, the only sensible thing to do now is to tell us when it's ready, the DAY it's ready.

Tzar of kaos
07-21-2013, 09:59 AM
vu que t'es francais et que j'ai un peu la flemme de m'exprimer en anglais (et que je suis pas trés doué pour:/) je vais te répondre en francais:
-depuis la sortie du jeu, y a eu trés peu de bugs corrigés, moins de 10% je dirais, ok le cross-plateformes rajoute surement des bugs mais quand même! (l'une des raisons qui font que le jeu n'est pas aussi bon qu'il pourrait l'être est surement ce cross-plateformes, par exemple la distance de vue incroyablement faible ou les soucis de chat, et je pense pas me tromper en pensant que c'est la plus grosse erreur que trion a fait en voulant sortir son jeu sur plusieurs supports, favorisant là encore le profit sur la qualité.)
-je sais bien que ce n'est pas un mmorpg...mais trion a vendu son titre au départ comme un mmotps, se ravisant quelques semaines avant sa sortie en le décrivant cette fois comme un "shooter en ligne, incluant des éléments de mmos"... en réalité ces éléments sont peu ou pas présents, il serait plus judicieux de dire que c'est un jeu solo avec quelques petits éléments multijoueurs (coop, pvp, arkfalls). Le fait que l'on puisse arriver ego max sans jamais devoir grouper avec des amis ou des membres de son clan le montre bien( ok faut être 4 pour coop mais vu leur difficulté elles se soloteraient sans souci, le pvp réclame davantage de joueurs ok, mais l'importance du teamplay étant réduit à peau de zob je ne saisis là pas encore la composante "mmo").
Bref tout ca me fait dire que Trion a voulu faire "un produit marketing" rapportant VITE et BEAUCOUP, plus qu'un projet multijoueur ayant des vues à long terme, le manque d'investissement des dévelloppeurs dans leur jeu ne fait que me conforter dans cet état d'esprit.

MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online no more, no less....
They fix more than "10%". But they are still issues.
And there is a vid doc ("What is a shooter"if i remember well) made by Trion several month before the game release' where they says "it's a shooter first,a MMO second".

P.S: If you are "too lazy" to write in English use only the French forum.

MacDeath
07-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Nevertheless, many feel somehow fooled. I think some here buy a car without an engine. One can only pick up in a few months. Aside from the DLC, we are represented in the German forum really alone. We have only one community manager and no moderators. And it is said that the European area is totally uninteresting. There is at least maintained

We the players in the German forum we help it myself. On help from official page does not exist. We found ourselves alone on

In my opinion, Hergy is a great CM. He can't make up answers, anymore than Sledge can. They can only pass on what info they are authorized.

JVell
07-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Actually it isn't that simple. If they knew when it would be ready they would tell us. It isn't ready until it meets the criteria, and no one can be sure in advance when that will happen. They can guess, but we've seen what happens when they make predictions and then miss. So, the only sensible thing to do now is to tell us when it's ready, the DAY it's ready.

So you really think everyone who plays this game wont feel 1000xs better if Trion actually just said '' we are having some issues with dlc 1( DLC 1 by the way) we are working on them and plan to have an update on our progress soon? Throw in some detail on the issues which they have done before btw. so we can understand why there is this big empty whole in our guts waiting on this dlc that will bring us all back to defiance. I think we all could use the honesty and will appreciate them doin something but now for all we know they are just realizing they cant put out wat they thought they could.

MacDeath
07-21-2013, 11:36 AM
So you really think everyone who plays this game wont feel 1000xs better if Trion actually just said '' we are having some issues with dlc 1( DLC 1 by the way) we are working on them and plan to have an update on our progress soon? Throw in some detail on the issues which they have done before btw. so we can understand why there is this big empty whole in our guts waiting on this dlc that will bring us all back to defiance. I think we all could use the honesty and will appreciate them doin something but now for all we know they are just realizing they cant put out wat they thought they could.

It seems quite likely to me that the reason we don't see DLC1 yet has nothing to do with the quality of DLC1. It's quite possible that the underlaying foundations of the game had to be reworked before DLC1 will work well. In any case, they aren't ready to launch it and by the time they will KNOW they are ready (so that they could share yet another date) we will know too. It will be tested on the test server.

Samyaza
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
this thread will be closely monitored.

In all honesty with this thread being sooooooo closely monitored, I expected that some monitors would bother answering questions or posting updates here!...

I mean, with what was said before... by a trion spokes person, live, in person, at E3 that it as going to be late July

Then having a moderator on the forums saying, there are hold up on the line of the consoles.

Even worse have everything turned topsy turvy by an article in the xbox live forums saying there were no delays, and the voice option is for the ego, not your character...

Noted the voice option was pointed out 2 days ago from the face we know and love... the face from ATB GREG is for the character only... (speaking rolls are you challenge people to duels and taunt only)

So yea either way.... we keep getting jumbled up information, and no clear answers...

Noted for all you who watched the SDCCCCCCCCC segment... the dlc they were playing on may be filled with bugs, but it is a completely out of date version to what they have now...

Also there is talk of a Public test realm... and in all honesty... trion if your going to make one... make it now! for we can actually have the dlc out sooner then later

TravelerX1
07-21-2013, 01:17 PM
In all honesty with this thread being sooooooo closely monitored, I expected that some monitors would bother answering questions or posting updates here!...

I mean, with what was said before... by a trion spokes person, live, in person, at E3 that it as going to be late July

Then having a moderator on the forums saying, there are hold up on the line of the consoles.

Even worse have everything turned topsy turvy by an article in the xbox live forums saying there were no delays, and the voice option is for the ego, not your character...

Noted the voice option was pointed out 2 days ago from the face we know and love... the face from ATB GREG is for the character only... (speaking rolls are you challenge people to duels and taunt only)

So yea either way.... we keep getting jumbled up information, and no clear answers...

Noted for all you who watched the SDCCCCCCCCC segment... the dlc they were playing on may be filled with bugs, but it is a completely out of date version to what they have now...

Also there is talk of a Public test realm... and in all honesty... trion if your going to make one... make it now! for we can actually have the dlc out sooner then later

I am sure they will pop in here soon and give us some new info or answer some of our questions. They are really good about that. Keeping that info flowing to us, their loyal and paying customers!

Arcisen
07-21-2013, 01:23 PM
new co-op maps please

N3gativeCr33p
07-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I am sure they will pop in here soon and give us some new info or answer some of our questions. They are really good about that. Keeping that info flowing to us, their loyal and paying customers!

http://i.imgur.com/txDA6.gif

Samyaza
07-21-2013, 01:32 PM

I agree with you... In all honestly any "news" trion gives about defiance... is seriously.... misleading

Sonickat
07-21-2013, 01:37 PM

As someone who's been labeled a fan boy for Trion and Defiance among my friends the DLC is really turning into a sour point for me. I believe since we pay money for the game, and we paid money for season passes we should be getting weekly updates on where they are in production, their goal date for launch, and the reasons behind any hold ups. We paid money for this season pass and we really haven't been treated like we have.

The forums go days sometimes with out a post from an Trion employee. We should be seeing 10 to 20 posts a day from Trion with actual information. If they don't have new information how about some documentation for the existing game. Something.

The level of communication right now we're getting out of Trion is horrid.

Overtkill21
07-21-2013, 01:44 PM

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Dyra Bane
07-21-2013, 02:27 PM
I feel like a kid again marking off the calendar days 'til Christmas.

Lasse B
07-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I wonder how the charge blade + cloak combo will play out in PvP. I have a feeling people will scream for nerfs again.

TravelerX1
07-21-2013, 02:40 PM
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

+10 interwebs sir!

And come on guys you need to have some faith in Trion.... these have been trying times for them, and now they need us to light the candle of belief, wish upon a star, click our heels together, and sprinkle some fairy dust. The magical broom sticks will come to life and code the bejezus out of the DLC packs and we will all join hands in brotherhood and togetherness and SING..... Sing the song of praise unto Trion and all of their mystical powers to make 5 DLCs in the next 8 Months! Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Daergar
07-21-2013, 04:12 PM
The level of communication right now we're getting out of Trion is horrid.

Indeed. I played the bejeebus out of Defiance since release, even fell for the deluxe version with high hopes for the future. Main selling points for me were shadow wars and pvp, plus some awesome pve potential. The tv-show tie-in didn't make sense for me, and still doesn't. All in all, high expectations that fell to dust.

I did get my money's worth, but it was definately a single player experience with some random grinding.

As a shining example as to how communication can, and should, flow between a game's developers and its playerbase you need look no further than Firefall's closed (massive changes due to player's input) and open betas. One of the bigger greenlit name-escapes-me game on steam where users gives input and weight on issues from a pool of vote resources.

This? This is a farce.

TravelerX1
07-21-2013, 04:13 PM
This? This is a farce.

No........ Farces are usually funny.

Solid Snake
07-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Late july has to be the release date as trion said and if it gets pushed back a month i might go insane.. I like the game but i need something else to do.. Iv already completed most of the pvp feats and shadow wars arent happening its always at 24/64 players waiting i dont think you need 64 people to start off :/

Hmm these charged blades how would they work if your being shot at? I know for sure we not about to be cutting bulllets in slow motion or something like that and since they are "Charged" im guessing you have a certain amount of charge points like how we have a certain amount of ammo for each gun so we might have to refill it after a while .. July 31 .. I wonder whats the hold up on the dlc is it bugs they are fixing or what.. I MUST KNOW!

ArkHunter Z
07-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Here's to sooner rather than later! DLC can't come quick enough!

psybr1
07-21-2013, 07:10 PM
what do you get for the season pass?

Solid Snake
07-21-2013, 07:23 PM
All dlc for free and some other stuff just google it.

Duskky
07-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Release Date: soon

Okay. I believe you.

JVell
07-21-2013, 08:08 PM
It seems quite likely to me that the reason we don't see DLC1 yet has nothing to do with the quality of DLC1. It's quite possible that the underlaying foundations of the game had to be reworked before DLC1 will work well. In any case, they aren't ready to launch it and by the time they will KNOW they are ready (so that they could share yet another date) we will know too. It will be tested on the test server.

never said it was the quality of DLC im saying the obvious. they cant get it on server right yet and it would change alot of ppls minds or just ease them if they stated the issues they are having. Shtako the DLC looks great to me i just wanna know wat the hold up is. and i never asked for a date either dont put words in my message ty. all im sayin is keep up the informative info and we respond better as they have done.

MacDeath
07-22-2013, 01:49 AM
never said it was the quality of DLC im saying the obvious. they cant get it on server right yet and it would change alot of ppls minds or just ease them if they stated the issues they are having. Shtako the DLC looks great to me i just wanna know wat the hold up is. and i never asked for a date either dont put words in my message ty. all im sayin is keep up the informative info and we respond better as they have done.

You said, "So you really think everyone who plays this game wont feel 1000xs better if Trion actually just said '' we are having some issues with dlc 1( DLC 1 by the way) we are working on them and plan to have an update on our progress soon?"

That caused me to believe you thought they were having issues with DLC 1. Go figure, eh? Whereas I suspect they are having problems with foundation code and as most of the staff was fired, it isn't easy to fix the foundation.

daqshade
07-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Month. Just say the month. I will be happy with that even.

Jaydogg
07-22-2013, 02:28 AM
diablo3,destiny,gtav,cod ghost,titanfall, xbox one etc... the ONLY people left playing this game by the new year are the ones who foolishly bought the season pass already.I loved this game when it first came out, and since then you've nerfed it into a giant sandbox of boringness.
its like watching an elderly woman(trion) driving a dodge viper(defiance) and not knowing how to use it.

N3gativeCr33p
07-22-2013, 07:12 AM
diablo3,destiny,gtav,cod ghost,titanfall, xbox one etc... the ONLY people left playing this game by the new year are the ones who foolishly bought the season pass already.I loved this game when it first came out, and since then you've nerfed it into a giant sandbox of boringness.
its like watching an elderly woman(trion) driving a dodge viper(defiance) and not knowing how to use it.

http://www.thecrimsonshaft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/363-bruce-willis-cool-story-bro-image.png

Mouthman15
07-22-2013, 07:53 AM
So excited about all of this, what's cool though is the part iI think I saw correctly, our character is getting a voice?!?

piercehead
07-22-2013, 08:00 AM
The only voice our character has is EGO, and I can't wait to be able to change it :)

dreamon666
07-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Wait wait wait, so you need to pay for the DLC to be able to play Arena? I thought all gameplay changes and add-ons were for free, including duels AND arena? Only the race, outfits and vehicles would be payed...

Maitreakow
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Wait wait wait, so you need to pay for the DLC to be able to play Arena? I thought all gameplay changes and add-ons were for free, including duels AND arena? Only the race, outfits and vehicles would be payed...

If you have a friend...who gets the DLC, you can join them in a group Arena. Just can't solo Arena unless you get the DLC. At least that is what I remember from the first discussion.

Littleweasel
07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
the main thing that im really concerned with is wether or not we will see the play area expanded or is all the new crap going to be in the same old area we have already drove or walked around for the last few months?
also are we ever going to get new co-op maps or just more crappy pvp maps which i know some people like it but i honestly hate the pvp in the game?
honestly from what is announced with the first dlc surely does not make me to hopeful for the other 4, and if i had not gotten the season pass with the ultimate edition of the game i probably would not have bought it from what i see that it is including so far in the 1st dlc, so hopefully the other 4 if they are ever made are allot better than the 1st one.

dreamon666
07-22-2013, 12:52 PM
the main thing that im really concerned with is wether or not we will see the play area expanded or is all the new crap going to be in the same old area we have already drove or walked around for the last few months?
also are we ever going to get new co-op maps or just more crappy pvp maps which i know some people like it but i honestly hate the pvp in the game?
honestly from what is announced with the first dlc surely does not make me to hopeful for the other 4, and if i had not gotten the season pass with the ultimate edition of the game i probably would not have bought it from what i see that it is including so far in the 1st dlc, so hopefully the other 4 if they are ever made are allot better than the 1st one.

For a DLC two game modes is quite alot m8, that's also the reason why no co-op maps have been included, because arena needs maps too ;)

TravelerX1
07-22-2013, 12:53 PM
For a DLC two game modes is quite alot m8, that's also the reason why no co-op maps have been included, because arena needs maps too ;)

There is a new co-op map - Military Academy slated for DLC1 ;)

Oh crap..... did I post something positive...... LOL

Norsixa
07-22-2013, 12:57 PM

Pretty much, did you expect to get everything for free? Else people would not buy the dlc or the season pass.

Offtopic : And btw, nice signature. Too bad pub scores don't mean anything. And guess what, if infectors get nerfed. You know what will happen? Those players will actually get a different weapon and still own you with it. :x Mister-using-sawnoff-for-that-1shot-kill

There is a new co-op map - Military Academy slated for DLC1 ;)

Oh crap..... did I post something positive...... LOL

Actually it is a PVP map, not a co-op map.

JVell
07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
You said, "So you really think everyone who plays this game wont feel 1000xs better if Trion actually just said '' we are having some issues with dlc 1( DLC 1 by the way) we are working on them and plan to have an update on our progress soon?"

That caused me to believe you thought they were having issues with DLC 1. Go figure, eh? Whereas I suspect they are having problems with foundation code and as most of the staff was fired, it isn't easy to fix the foundation.

Lol ur making the same point im making in different words? ok glad we figured that one out. My saying having problems with it and not being able to release it do to the foundation is the same thing. Thats why i said they should explain why they are having issues hmm wat could be an issue i wonder THE FOUNDATION maybe. but anyway may they give us something soon. the end is near.

fueledbygin
07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
It's really frustrating that you still haven't given us an idea of when this DLC will be available, though I suppose the thought it'd be out at the end of July was a fool's dream.

dominad
07-22-2013, 08:31 PM
I left Defiance because I will not support games by Trion.
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

From the video I saw there does not look to be an arena just an addition to the menu where you select the players name and chose duel then it maps a hexagon pattern over the area that is where you are dueling and puts red over the other players name. I think the only new area will be the military academy? And there is talk of a new storyline mission hopefully an indepth one.. i really really need the DLC now I have 100% on xbox for the game and most pursuits.

Solid Snake
07-22-2013, 09:04 PM
From the video I saw there does not look to be an arena just an addition to the menu where you select the players name and chose duel then it maps a hexagon pattern over the area that is where you are dueling and puts red over the other players name. I think the only new area will be the military academy? And there is talk of a new storyline mission hopefully an indepth one.. i really really need the DLC now I have 100% on xbox for the game and most pursuits.
Have you read that post? I almost died.. i don't know if its the dlc or not i hope not.. Its just that he mentioned open world sieges and arent they suppose to come out in the dlc :I
(To highlight again, this content is not going live on May 23rd. Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

dominad
07-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Have you read that post? I almost died.. i don't know if its the dlc or not i hope not.. Its just that he mentioned open world sieges and arent they suppose to come out in the dlc :I
(To highlight again, this content is not going live on May 23rd. Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

It does not look promising.. There is so much misinformation though it would be nice if Trion could clear it up. I have nothing left to do in the game though so the DLC is much needed.

Solid Snake
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
It does not look promising.. There is so much misinformation though it would be nice if Trion could clear it up. I have nothing left to do in the game though so the DLC is much needed.

WoW idk if this is true but theres a post talking about how Nathan Richardsson just quit

JxSiN
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM

Dueling and battle arenas are two different things. The video I think you are referring to is the duel between Sledge and that host guy from AtB. The battle arenas haven't been shown in any video I have seen, but said to work like a co-op/siege hybrid. You go in as a group (I think solo may be possible) and try to beat a finite number of enemy waves. The better you do and the farther you go you get better rewards. However, the video I watched that mentioned all this also said you earn a new faction in the arenas as well. How accurate is that video? I dunno, that same video also said you could use weapons in the raptor's turret and called ark salvage "gulanite".

Arsenic_Touch
07-22-2013, 09:40 PM

They already said the map won't expand with the DLC.

dominad
07-22-2013, 09:41 PM
They already said the map won't expand with the DLC.

Yep they stated first DLC will not expand the map or add new areas.

Magick
07-22-2013, 09:44 PM
I have a question. So you say if you buy the dlc that you will start with "A Charge Weapons Starter Pack." Will the lock boxes for paid dlc have charge weapons in them?

Solid Snake
07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
I have a question. So you say if you buy the dlc that you will start with "A Charge Weapons Starter Pack." Will the lock boxes for paid dlc have charge weapons in them? You will get charged weapons from lock boxes and mob drops

Arsenic_Touch
07-22-2013, 11:24 PM
I have a question. So you say if you buy the dlc that you will start with "A Charge Weapons Starter Pack." Will the lock boxes for paid dlc have charge weapons in them?

The lockboxes for the paid and free portion of the DLC will have a chance at charge weapons. Going to make the RNG worse.

Samyaza
07-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Anyone else is getting dizzy?

Seriously, diablo 3 made me a little dizzy.... Game Director stepped down, pre-alpha game play not included (combo spells & death animations gone), Lies about fixing game in patches.... First saying RMAH was good, now saying it was terrible terrible.... soo many cus words and death threats oooo boy... and possible chinese ninja assassins....

But, wit this game... I am not even getting a chance to breath!.... When they fix one problem, the next patch after resurrects the old problem they just fixed... Each patch caused newer issues... We are getting lied to about dates just like diablo 3... We are sitting on our hands, for word about diablo 3 (semi) expansion: Diablo 3 loot 3.0 (loot 2.0 was patch 1.06-1.08)... The word for that patch is no word till way after blizzcon... Not to mention this game also got rid of it's director...

This is scary! honestly...

This is starting to be a clone of diablo 3's management...

If this is how game companies will handle MMO's in the future... I might just leave my house and explore the world...
Who knows, maybe find a nice girl and settle down with her... (most likely not)

In all honesty, all i want right now is for someone, in trion, to show some weavos and give us a straight answer on the dlc...

90% of what you shown on freaken SDCC looks perfectly fine... noted as you said it is an out of date version... so the real one gotta be 100 times better.... SO why do we have to wait soo long... I just do not get it...

God I know i am poor at spending my money wisely... as limited as it maybe (892 montly) but this takes the cake....

Defiance RIP 2013-2014 (game dies shortly before the return of season 2 & season 2 went the way of Jericho, lasted only 6 out of the 12 proposed episodes.)

MacDeath
07-23-2013, 01:17 AM
WoW idk if this is true but theres a post talking about how Nathan Richardsson just quit

Jumped or pushed, I think it's true. Linkedin, which can be seen here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanr

Shows Trion in his PAST and doesn't have a CURRENT assignment for him.
Shows that his time at Trion ended in July. Normally it would say: October 2012 – Present if he were still there.

VP Development & Executive Producer Defiance
Trion Worlds, Inc.
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Computer Games industry
October 2012 – July 2013 (10 months)

Soren
07-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Jumped or pushed, I think it's true. Linkedin, which can be seen here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanr

Shows that his time at Trion ended in July. Normally it would say: October 2012 – Present if he were still there.

Trion Worlds, Inc.

Well... damn. That's really not good news whatsoever. Coupled with how I'm doubting they're going to release the DLC before July ('cause one would think they'd announce it at least a week or two beforehand), that's really a bad blow to the game. Unless somehow Defiance can actually improve from someone else leading the game. But at this rate it makes one wonder how long the other DLC packs will take, since originally the plan was to get them all out before the end of the year. Now it seems like it might not even be possible to get them all out before Season 2 starts up in June of next year... and people having to wait over a year to get their pre-purchased DLC isn't really a way to keep people invested in the game.

'course I may be jumping the gun a bit. But realistically it doesn't look good for Defiance right now, as much as I'd love to see this game do well and grow stronger.

MstrJedi_Kyle
07-23-2013, 01:37 AM
As long as they actually release the DLC my season pass got me I'm ok.

Samyaza
07-23-2013, 01:38 AM

Trion Worlds, Inc.

ok... so excluding him from the 501... So out of the 500,

how many are working on defiance, how many are working on the rest of the games.
4 games total
Defiance, Rift, End of Nations, and ArcheAge
Perfect world would be divided up down the center 125 employees each (god that is crappy)
What is worse is that this is not a perfect world...

Basing on Facebook likes

Rift - 349k likes
Defiance - 318k likes (divide this by 2, because facebook page is both show and game)
End of Nation - 45k likes
ArcheAge -21 likes

Now if someone can show the comparison of how the real world works... and show the proper proportion of staffing based on popularity that would be great...

Norsixa
07-23-2013, 05:25 AM
Well, just look at dev tracker feed and twitter. Its barely being used these days. They're starting to not even talk anymore at all. Which makes everything worse actually.

I don't know why every company does this when **** hits the fan to be fair. Being quiet when bad stuff is going on, is the worst thing you can do. I fear the worst for this game, because trion isn't helping the situation either.

Sanguinesun
07-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Well, just look at dev tracker feed and twitter. Its barely being used these days. They're starting to not even talk anymore at all. Which makes everything worse actually.

I don't know why every company does this when **** hits the fan to be fair. Being quiet when bad stuff is going on, is the worst thing you can do. I fear the worst for this game, because trion isn't helping the situation either.

Its because the TV show is out of sight and out of mind until June of next year partly. Another mistake Trion makes with Defiance is that they use very little of their own inhouse forums etc to speak to things and instead go more obscure. For example they have over time revealed various things through the Twitch tv show or that fan run radio/podcast show yet almost -Never- follow up with official statements on the forums or similar channels to inform players of such things. Such is one of the major criticisms I have with the communication that is done with the community team, unfortunately.

They need to improve their information consolidation and control. I get they want to throw out tidbits to fans and encourage community outside of the center, but it doesnt mean you have to have it shaped like a thin donut with lumps here and there and a very big hole in the center. A wheel with a central hub and radiating spokes to a nice thick tire would seem to be a better visualization of the model their community team should implement

Samyaza
07-23-2013, 09:28 AM

Dev tracker is kinda broken.... if you haven't noticed

Norsixa
07-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Dev tracker is kinda broken.... if you haven't noticed

And how would I notice this? Where's the official statement for that?

I dont check dev tracker every day, nor these forums even. There's no info coming out anyways.

This was before it was broken btw. Just go look at sledgehammer's forum posts. Hasn't posted since 19th june.

thejx4
07-23-2013, 02:41 PM

For some really strange reason, they tend to not post friday through monday. It's a pattern I've noticed.

Anon Wolf
07-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Can't wait to give the new truck a try. I'm also glad to hear we are getting Castithan blades. Ever since I first saw Datak pull one in the series I wanted one. I wonder if we can turn it into a sword like when he was fighting the he'll bugs.

thejx4
07-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Can't wait to give the new truck a try. I'm also glad to hear we are getting Castithan blades. Ever since I first saw Datak pull one in the series I wanted one. I wonder if we can turn it into a sword like when he was fighting the he'll bugs.

It is a sword. lol...would you really want one of those tiny blades?

Norsixa
07-23-2013, 03:07 PM
For some really strange reason, they tend to not post friday through monday. It's a pattern I've noticed.

Its tuesday today.. oO

I dont know if yer implying sarcasm with that post saying it is weekend then. But they havn't posted anything on a Tuesday either even.

dominad
07-23-2013, 03:27 PM
This game is really done for with their staff leaving, a fictional DLC, and users fleeing in huge numbers.
Trion can't support your crap anymore.

Anon Wolf
07-23-2013, 04:24 PM
It is a sword. lol...would you really want one of those tiny blades?

A well placed dagger can kill you as easily as any other weapon. Besides if you had dagger option at a higher attack speed it could be better depending on the situation.

Atticus Batman
07-23-2013, 06:39 PM
And how would I notice this? Where's the official statement for that?

I dont check dev tracker every day, nor these forums even. There's no info coming out anyways.

This was before it was broken btw. Just go look at sledgehammer's forum posts. Hasn't posted since 19th june.

Guess he's NOT allowed to take time off for the birth of his child?! Btw he is back off and on and will be officially back in August. Everyone IS intitled to vacation and family!

Now despite your blunder about Sledgehammer, yes they got quiet for awhile. But guess wgat? The guy they reported to was layed off and they were waiting to figure out who their new boss would be and not talking much until they were sure the new guy would be fine with it. That is how it is in the real world and NOT in videogame land.

Norsixa
07-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Guess he's NOT allowed to take time off for the birth of his child?! Btw he is back off and on and will be officially back in August. Everyone IS intitled to vacation and family!

Now despite your blunder about Sledgehammer, yes they got quiet for awhile. But guess wgat? The guy they reported to was layed off and they were waiting to figure out who their new boss would be and not talking much until they were sure the new guy would be fine with it. That is how it is in the real world and NOT in videogame land.

My blunder about Slegdehammer? I don't know the guy personally, I was just using him as a example as he is the only one that actually posts frequently. Or do you happen to see any other names popping up frequently in the dev tracker?

If he's off taking vacation, whats the problem having someone take over for him? Where I work, they do that, cause work can't pile up you know?

So no, its not a blunder. Its pretty well-thought out. And that post about their new boss, just came today. Does not change the fact there was nothing for 4 days straight.

Magick
07-23-2013, 07:29 PM
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons. what does this mean if freebies have it... and you posted it in store

js12
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Sorry if my question is already answered.

In the blog it says the critical errors have been fixed at DLC. Does that mean I will need to buy the DLC to get the fix?

Norsixa
07-23-2013, 07:59 PM

In the blog it says the critical errors have been fixed at DLC. Does that mean I will need to buy the DLC to get the fix?

No, I'm pretty sure any fixes towards the game will still come to everyone. The people having the dlc will just get the new char, a new storyline mission etc etc. But you still can get everything new. Except for that one arena to where people who have the dlc can invite you.

Magick
07-23-2013, 08:01 PM
what about my question?

Atticus Batman
07-23-2013, 10:07 PM
My blunder about Slegdehammer? I don't know the guy personally, I was just using him as a example as he is the only one that actually posts frequently. Or do you happen to see any other names popping up frequently in the dev tracker?

If he's off taking vacation, whats the problem having someone take over for him? Where I work, they do that, cause work can't pile up you know?

So no, its not a blunder. Its pretty well-thought out. And that post about their new boss, just came today. Does not change the fact there was nothing for 4 days straight.

Myll_Erik, taome, Dahanes and Morgana all post. btw Dev tracker has NEVER worked right so yet another blunder on your part. How about you research more before making accusations. If you want to blame somebody blame those that made Sledge and all others keep it quiet. Oh you won't because it didn't don on you that his superiors make them ALL sign an NDA so they can ONLY say what their superiors allow them to say.

EDIT: Sorry I should be nicer since you have never really posted therefore probably don't really know what happens on the forums. I am just tired of all the same rants and the ONLY guy trying to keep us in the loop being the one ALWAYS attacked.

Atticus Batman
07-23-2013, 10:10 PM
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons. what does this mean if freebies have it... and you posted it in store

Means they are just weapons and will therefore appear in lockboxes and may also appear as vendor sales. Charge weapons will be available to everyone to buy, but paid dlc comes with a free starter kit of random charge weapons and a quaranteed chargeblade.

Magick
07-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Means they are just weapons and will therefore appear in lockboxes and may also appear as vendor sales. Charge weapons will be available to everyone to buy, but paid dlc comes with a free starter kit of random charge weapons and a quaranteed chargeblade.

ok so you are telling me that if i paid for the dlc i am paying for cosmetics and not content?

I'm srry forgot the story missions and pursuits that will give me 0 EGO because i have been 5000 since May O_O omg wtf does pursuits do for high lvl players...?

spawn2985
07-23-2013, 10:46 PM
if this goes well

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/cbfcb88c-fc3c-4e5c-85d1-ac3f63b4fca0.jpg

Atticus Batman
07-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Paid gets their charge blade and starter charge weapons back as part of they're content. Others have to pay for it all. Paid gets a free unique Raptor. Others have to buy a different skinned one for bits.

Paid gets a story, pursuits, Achievements (for consoles atleast) and the Battle arena. Free does not get that though they can be invited into battle arena by somebody who has it, but that is the ONLY way free can play it.

fueledbygin
07-24-2013, 02:51 PM
See, telling us it'll be released in August wasn't so hard was it? :)

Now, let's hope we see more communication from the dev team in the future. Communication is easy. In our 24/7 always connected world, being deathly silent is just about the worst thing you can do as a company who maintains a persistent, online game.

Solid Snake
07-24-2013, 09:01 PM
its time for sledgehammer to change (Release date) to august

Sethvirfireborn
07-24-2013, 11:34 PM

Technically you get everything that is in the DLC anyway, it is just the paid stuff is locked. You will get all the fixes and such everyone else gets, just if you have not paid for the dlc you won't get the paid for stuff

Maitreakow
07-25-2013, 04:25 AM
ok so you are telling me that if i paid for the dlc i am paying for cosmetics and not content?

I'm srry forgot the story missions and pursuits that will give me 0 EGO because i have been 5000 since May O_O omg wtf does pursuits do for high lvl players...?

I am trying to understand what you consider "content" if you do not want to include missions, pursuits, new PvP map, and two new game modes...

What is it exactly that you are looking for? If you have specifics that are different from the usually accepted definition of content, I would recommend listing these in the "Suggestion!" portion of the forums.

kasaitenma
07-25-2013, 10:30 AM
i hope you guys know that the dlc is finished and working, the problem is that i think either Microsoft and Sony have not approved the dlc yet. i think they got a thing where they gotta approve all dlc content be4 its placed on their marketplaces. Trion wants to keep all their player together content-wise across platforms. "We did want to get this out sooner but we had some launch issues to take care of first" from Mr. Lena's blog post. i think that this is what he meant by some launch issues such as microsoft/sony wasnt letting them release it yet.

Giren
07-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Wow trion I didn't think you'd make a move this stupid. You really re going to release the DLC near Diablo III, SC: Blacklist, Saints Row IV, madden 25, Disney infinity, and the new xcom game. All of them got good to great reviews/praises. I swear sometimes I think you want this game to fail now. It's sad I can pick this up for 19.99 new on the consoles, I think 10.99 on the pc.

Assasino
07-26-2013, 04:56 AM
i hope you guys know that the dlc is finished and working, the problem is that i think either Microsoft and Sony have not approved the dlc yet. i think they got a thing where they gotta approve all dlc content be4 its placed on their marketplaces. Trion wants to keep all their player together content-wise across platforms. "We did want to get this out sooner but we had some launch issues to take care of first" from Mr. Lena's blog post. i think that this is what he meant by some launch issues such as microsoft/sony wasnt letting them release it yet.

Do you work @ Trion? Otherwise how do you know for a fact the dlc is finished and working? No offense but the whole thing of it's Microsoft and Sony holding things up well every company uses those lines. While they do have to approve one would think it would have been submitted a little while back already. Companies or fanboys cannot always lay blame on Microsoft and Sony

BEEF7347
07-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't think its sony's or microsofts fault, I believe they were forced to get the game out before the show and now they're paying for it.

Atticus Batman
07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Do you work @ Trion? Otherwise how do you know for a fact the dlc is finished and working? No offense but the whole thing of it's Microsoft and Sony holding things up well every company uses those lines. While they do have to approve one would think it would have been submitted a little while back already. Companies or fanboys cannot always lay blame on Microsoft and Sony

Thank you, I was getting tired of being the only one to point out that MOST people and companies always find a fall guy and in the gaming industry it's usually consoles that get the blame. (Mostly Microsoft, but if they were as bad as everyone thinks then they would screw with PC games the same way buy making sure ALL games that are used through Windows also have to go through extra long certs.)

kasaitenma
07-26-2013, 02:54 PM
ive also read elsewhere if sony or microsoft finds anything wrong with any game dlc that will corrupt ps3 or xbox software then its sent back to the devs for fixing. lets say trion sent the dlc on july 1st and trion set a date of july 30 but sony or microsoft finds a prob on july 29 then they (trion) would prefer to keep all parts of the community on the same page content-wise and not release it. they would fix the problem then they would HAVE to send it back to both microsoft and sony for reapproval even if say microsoft found the problem with the xbox and sony had already approved it. sooo the responsible dev would not set the release date until it has been finalized on both consoles which is what trion is doing. so no i dont work at trion but it seems obvious to me from redavacado messages. btw redavacado if your reading this, you have done a much better job with communicating with the community since youve been working w/ trion.

i did quote from redavacado blog post the line that i got this from to QUOTE... again "We did want to get this out sooner but we had some launch issues to take care of first"

Redavacado also posted this in another forum "Giving an expected date would not be a responsible thing to do. There are some things that are not fully in our control revolving around the consoles that keep us from giving an exact date. There is enough certainty that we feel like we can say August but that is much different than a specific date within August"

furthermore, that have streamed game dlc content at comic-con on twitch which can be found at (starts around 1:50) http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=38

X64
07-27-2013, 09:33 AM
I wish they could make a 4th type of charge blades where it's possible to have 2 charge blades with 1/2 damage and a different mechanism like speed clicks to keep the adrenaline pumping up like a berzerker shotgun spillin' blood on the floor.

<<<---- *looks at avatar*

Satsuki
07-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I did see mentioned, and it was shown in the last live play demo that the Castis' outfits were different on them than on other races. I hope that's still true.

Atticus Batman
07-27-2013, 07:28 PM
I wish they could make a 4th type of charge blades where it's possible to have 2 charge blades with 1/2 damage and a different mechanism like speed clicks to keep the adrenaline pumping up like a berzerker shotgun spillin' blood on the floor.

<<<---- *looks at avatar*

X64 I finally got a photobucket account and got a new pic of Batman just because it made me think of you!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/The-Epic-Batman-Artwork_o_105977_zpse42220b8.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/The-Epic-Batman-Artwork_o_105977_zpse42220b8.jpg.html)

Satsuki
07-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Maybe they'll change the model of the Raptor to hide the hole on the roof. I'd actually accept that if they give us one of those Dark Matter APCs.

Dark Raven80
07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Maybe we will get to use saws while riding in it... Wait, those are getting nerfed... Never mind, so much for the devs doing SOMETHING right...

X64
07-29-2013, 02:56 AM
X64 I finally got a photobucket account and got a new pic of Batman just because it made me think of you!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/The-Epic-Batman-Artwork_o_105977_zpse42220b8.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/The-Epic-Batman-Artwork_o_105977_zpse42220b8.jpg.html)

Haha. You blew me away! :)

X64
07-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Please bring back the turret to the raptor, but put a tracer ammo (toxic green splash) mounted LMG into it with 0 damage. Paintball gun for short! Making players shoot stuff in the open world for fun makes it an enjoyable experience and don't really need the fix for the accuracy for the intended effect.

I'm sure it'll bring hundreds of people to like it very much. Make it as a filler and you'll have fans for this vehicle.

Sanguinesun
07-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Please bring back the turret to the raptor, but put a tracer ammo (toxic green splash) mounted LMG into it with 0 damage. Paintball gun for short! Making players shoot stuff in the open world for fun makes it an enjoyable experience and don't really need the fix for the accuracy for the intended effect.

I'm sure it'll bring hundreds of people to like it very much. Make it as a filler and you'll have fans for this vehicle.

Remember X, according to devs last week, they've said it was never intended to have had a turret, even if they still call it a turret hole. E3 was a dream :P

Avexis
07-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm very new so please excuse me if this has already been asked but I'm very excited to play this race and heard you can change your characters if you pay for it. I heard they will have a new intro and such but if you class change will you still have access to those? How will it work?

Atticus Batman
07-29-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm very new so please excuse me if this has already been asked but I'm very excited to play this race and heard you can change your characters if you pay for it. I heard they will have a new intro and such but if you class change will you still have access to those? How will it work?

Nobody actually knows for sure. Some say the new story content can only be played as a Castithan, others say you can play it with any race and still get the same rewards, until the Devs clear up the mystery or we get the DLC and check for ourselves we do not actually know.

Atticus Batman
07-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Haha. You blew me away! :)

Thought you'd like it.

Avexis
07-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Nobody actually knows for sure. Some say the new story content can only be played as a Castithan, others say you can play it with any race and still get the same rewards, until the Devs clear up the mystery or we get the DLC and check for ourselves we do not actually know.

Ah, thank you very much for the reply! I'm very excited for the new race as I'm a fan of the TV series. I can't wait for this DLC to come out. This is included in the Season Pass that you can buy or got with the Ultimate Edition, correct?

Atticus Batman
07-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Ah, thank you very much for the reply! I'm very excited for the new race as I'm a fan of the TV series. I can't wait for this DLC to come out. This is included in the Season Pass that you can buy or got with the Ultimate Edition, correct?

Correct, though I still haven't bothered gettin the season pass.

maverick07
07-29-2013, 07:43 PM

Actually one of the interviews with the Devs said that you will be able to play the DLC missions with any species. You might get some slightly different cutscenes in them depending on if you are a Casti or not.

Arsenic_Touch
07-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Actually one of the interviews with the Devs said that you will be able to play the DLC missions with any species. You might get some slightly different cutscenes in them depending on if you are a Casti or not.

Doubt it, they never gave different cut scenes for human/irathi in the main story or any of the episode missions, don't expect them to do the same for the DLC.

maverick07
07-30-2013, 02:19 AM
Doubt it, they never gave different cut scenes for human/irathi in the main story or any of the episode missions, don't expect them to do the same for the DLC.

This is from what the Dev Trick Dempsey said during his interview. Yeah, I kinda doubt that it'll happen too tbh, that's why I said it "might" lol.

ten4
07-30-2013, 03:19 AM

While our chars stand there saying nothing at all. ME3 has nothing on the epicness of Defiance cut scenes I tells ya!

X64
07-30-2013, 03:50 AM
Based from the E3 video, the Charge blade right click attack animation is too slow. And there are no waves or lines of air that come along with the area attack, making it look like it's a hammering effect instead of a slashing effect.

Furthermore, Charge Blades should be a lot more shinier than just a blue plain sword. They have energy flowing within them, they should not look like cattle prods IMO.

These are one-handed swords. The slash should look crisp and should create some sparks if it was metal or some hellbug chunks if it were bugs. The concept of charging them seems pretty okay but it should look like slashing as if you were at an action movie.

Yewa
07-30-2013, 08:11 AM
While our chars stand there saying nothing at all. ME3 has nothing on the epicness of Defiance cut scenes I tells ya!

The sad thing is that I heard in an interview that our characters has no facial rigging at all. I think this game sacrificed too much for the multiplatform release.

Adversary718
07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Release Date: Not announced at this time. lol I hope it comes out b4 that season pass runs out -_-
or b4 sep 3rd Diablo 3 for xbox yeahhhhhhhh!!!! wuhhhhhwoooooo.

chogboy
07-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Sweet! I knew Castithan would be released eventually. What would be even better is to play as a rogue Volge.

Dr9r33n7humb
07-30-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm confused...so those of us who paid for the $40 DLC get only a portion of what people pay $10 for? After patiently waiting for this.

Chrono499
07-30-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm confused...so those of us who paid for the $40 DLC get only a portion of what people pay $10 for? After patiently waiting for this.

what do u mean?

EV76
07-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I hope the new story line, gives us a lot of info on the casti way of life. Want to see My casti work or help someone up the liro ladder.

OrpheusXI
07-30-2013, 10:02 AM

No, you get everything plus everything else they ever come out you get too, you don't need to pay for anything.

Yewa
07-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Sweet! I knew Castithan would be released eventually. What would be even better is to play as a rogue Volge.

I doubt they will let us play with any race that is larger or smaller than a normal human because of hit box sizes and pvp.

Elric1
07-30-2013, 10:03 AM

Just understand this. You ARE confused. You get it all plus additional DLC for no additional fees for 40 bucks. You are missing nothing. Sad thing is I might make my main a female Cast because the men are too bulky. Just reskin albino human males. I wanted my male to be thin. if that is the case I'll just keep my char female.

N3gativeCr33p
07-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Based from the E3 video, the Charge blade right click attack animation is too slow. And there are no waves or lines of air that come along with the area attack, making it look like it's a hammering effect instead of a slashing effect.

Furthermore, Charge Blades should be a lot more shinier than just a blue plain sword. They have energy flowing within them, they should not look like cattle prods IMO.

These are one-handed swords. The slash should look crisp and should create some sparks if it was metal or some hellbug chunks if it were bugs. The concept of charging them seems pretty okay but it should look like slashing as if you were at an action movie.

A post like this makes me wish you were calling some of the shots in regards to this game.

brandileigh
07-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Just understand this. You ARE confused. You get it all plus additional DLC for no additional fees for 40 bucks. You are missing nothing. Sad thing is I might make my main a female Cast because the men are too bulky. Just reskin albino human males. I wanted my male to be thin. if that is the case I'll just keep my char female.

Yeah the pic in facebook now it looks like it's just reskinned human females and generic hair, that has me a bit worried.

SoopaMan2K
07-30-2013, 10:24 AM
People still play this?:confused:

N3gativeCr33p
07-30-2013, 10:26 AM
People still play this?:confused:

Says the person with Defiance trophies showing up in their signature...

Orellon
07-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Is this free to those who purchased the Season Pass/$150 Gamestop version?

Lindrei
07-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Is this free to those who purchased the Season Pass/$150 Gamestop version?

Yes, this is part 1/5 that your season pass covers.

Flank
07-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Anyone see the recent Status update for the Defiance page on Facebook?
Screen shot of Cast characters w/ charge weapons, a nice little
"Cast Pack right around the corner... what are you excited for?"
Comment. .. and a link to this thread.. which to my surprise
was the same thread ive been following for days.. still TBA.
I was excited then disappointed. *Sigh* back to waiting.

I saw in rhe trancripts from the recent TWiTCH stream.. some1 asked the guys "why did you remove the gun from the Raptor?"
Are we still gonna get the 4 man doom wagon?
Also some mentioned charge blade tints and asking about mods that tint the blades
Being in vendors not just the BIT store.. was curious too.

YakCast
07-30-2013, 11:03 AM
So this will give us a couple weeks of content and at most a month. How soon is other DLC going to come out? Season two is a year away. How are you going to keep this game from dying with season two being a long, long, long from being out?

cab0218
07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
So since they do not want us to keep making threads asking when this is coming out and to post here, when is the DLC coming out? What day in August exactly?

spaceman7117
07-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Is the new vehicle considered a Cerberus?

MacDeath
07-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Is the new vehicle considered a Cerberus?
Pretty sure it's a roller

Jallace Ryngz
07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Pretty sure it's a roller

I hope so my roller is level20 :)

captaincrunch
07-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Didn't read that much of what people posted on here but here is my guess. push back of DLC is because they cannot get it to work with the game on there test server yet. and my 2nd guess is when they do finally drop it game will be down for about a week because of so many crashes and bugs. to bad it won't be coming out before FFXIV, GTAV Destiny, The Order, watchdogs, AC blackflag,

Donta
07-30-2013, 02:11 PM
When is the release date is the big question. Also when will you opening up the map more?

xxmudkipxx5
07-30-2013, 02:36 PM
what about the people that payed 150 for the game do we get it all for free?

Anung Un Rama
07-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Weve known this info for months this is all old news can we get some actual info here? Costs of store items actual list of purhaseable items in said store.... A fate chat will be working properly??? Clan leader here fighting for trion and this game but if thigs keep going the same way ill have more guys saying screw tgis and pumping money into a ps4 reservation like they have been since clan boosts are off indefinitly and since gold drop percentages have now hit 1 million resources per orange(wtf??) You keep making more limiting changes but provide no growth? Gard to see myself playing for an entire year of downtime.

nitroz76
07-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Weve known this info for months this is all old news can we get some actual info here? Costs of store items actual list of purhaseable items in said store.... A fate chat will be working properly??? Clan leader here fighting for trion and this game but if thigs keep going the same way ill have more guys saying screw tgis and pumping money into a ps4 reservation like they have been since clan boosts are off indefinitly and since gold drop percentages have now hit 1 million resources per orange(wtf??) You keep making more limiting changes but provide no growth? Gard to see myself playing for an entire year of downtime.

^

It's like we have to start new threads by the numbers just to be acknowledged and given an answer.

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Didn't read that much of what people posted on here but here is my guess. push back of DLC is because they cannot get it to work with the game on there test server yet. and my 2nd guess is when they do finally drop it game will be down for about a week because of so many crashes and bugs. to bad it won't be coming out before FFXIV, GTAV Destiny, The Order, watchdogs, AC blackflag,

The excuse of the test server, after 4 months of delay excuses(April was the original slated date then delayed 3-4 times since then to now), is nothing more than an excuse to buy them more time. But you're probably right on the down time issues. Game is a mess with issues even now and I can only imagine vividly what the state of things will be like on the DLC drop.

Norsixa
07-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Either way we're already screwed. Even if the dlc comes out in August, it already has changes because obviously they couldnt fix it in time and they dont want to delay it any further. This dlc will keep people busy for how long? A month max? I dont see anyone bothering to level up a Casti, its the exact same missions you'll be getting over and over. Plus having to redo your pursuits isn't fun.

Most will just use that Race change play for another month and then log back off for a while. Why? Cause the next dlc will take even longer.

On top of that, we still don't have a exact release date a month prior and not everything that was supposed to be in the DLC is even in it.

I fear its already too late for Defiance. Heck, they could have renewed the show alot sooner too, not more than a half year wait. Atm there still are just empty promises and empty apoligies. Would have been smarter to give people something ingame and fix some issues that the forum has been crying for.

But they're not going to do that.

TooMuchTunaFish
07-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Funny how i know a few games release dates for a console that isn't even out yet. But trion cant give a date for a dlc thats "suppose" to come out next month.

AmnesiaHaze
07-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Funny how i know a few games release dates for a console that isn't even out yet. But trion cant give a date for a dlc thats "suppose" to come out next month.

yea you think you know the dates , but how many games get delayed even multiple times from the proclaimed dates , trion doesnt want to break a promise so they cautious stating one , i want the DLC too ASAP preferrably today :) , but i understand why they are waiting to give a official date

skxawng
07-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Listen up sledgy old bean just give us the damn pack already. We already know what it contains. N if its not done soon the only player left on the 360 servers will be neferious n he dont care wether you give him charged weapons or sticks n stones to fight with. So how about it huh stop fafing about and give us our DLC.

Arsenic_Touch
07-31-2013, 01:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tlMpb-S-E

For those that haven't had a chance to see what the charge blade and castithans or the sieges can look like.

X64
07-31-2013, 02:17 AM
The swings of swords should look fluid and full of energy.

MADD
07-31-2013, 06:03 AM
xbox 360 achievements for the DLC have been posted. Typically when this happens the DLC is released within 1 to 2 weeks. Typically.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Defiance/dlc.htm

Chrono499
07-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Just got an outfit for the first time last night...

Looks sick, but I swear if those charge blade mods are over 200 bits....im out. ONLY thing im looking forward too, is a cool color sword...

Chrono499
07-31-2013, 09:49 AM
GUys, sorry but I actually LIKE how the sword swings.. :( I wanted to agree and thought I would, but after watching, I think it looks alright

N3gativeCr33p
07-31-2013, 09:52 AM
I was hoping to see some Volge limbs get lopped off with that charge blade... ;)

Flank
07-31-2013, 10:59 AM
I was hoping to see some Volge limbs get lopped off with that charge blade... ;)

You and me both. Would be cool if that is how you got them to drop loot helms.
Decapitated. . Oh what is that item? A weapon?.. nope it is your volge mask.
I think it'd be a epic way to earn them. Instead of buying them.

dude26212
07-31-2013, 11:16 AM
dont know if this has been mentioned yet but can we get some clarification about the charge weapons? i know there isnt going to get a new charge weapon skill set (except the blades) but will the charge snipers be bolt action, semi auto, or will we get a lil of both? and same for the shotguns (pump, combat, sawn-off)

xParanormal
07-31-2013, 02:13 PM
I find it hilarious that Sledge hasn't replied, He knows he's wrong. The game lost its worth in may. The little episode missions have gotten so bad you have to find Intel for a reward. Wouldn't even call it a mission, more like b**ch work. Sledge can't man up and admit that Trion is becoming useless.

xxdarkxwarxx
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
can we just get a release date

Atticus Batman
07-31-2013, 03:13 PM
can we just get a release date

this month. Hey atleast the ingame newsfeed says August so obviously they really are trying now. No problem with waiting 20 or 39 more days for them to put on the finishing touches. Besides they did say the DLC patch will also introduce a new UI and chat system so it takes time, unless they've change that plan too.

Deirachel
07-31-2013, 06:11 PM
/10keystrokes

Chacal_V2
08-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Have done anything about the hacking in PvP? I loved the game but it was getting a bit silly to be honest. They totally did nothing nor ever recognized a problem.

dominad
08-02-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tlMpb-S-E

For those that haven't had a chance to see what the charge blade and castithans or the sieges can look like.

I watched that before and never realised what poor aim the player has. Also what kind of shield is he using to stand there taking hits like that from the volge will those be in the dlc pack too??

Kuurong
08-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I watched that before and never realised what poor aim the player has. Also what kind of shield is he using to stand there taking hits like that from the volge will those be in the dlc pack too??

I would think Ironclad.. But the recharge delay was a little fast, Or he used more survival skills instead of ego recharge. I can't tell the difference.

And anyone else notice the pulverizer run animation an left trigger attack, or no one mentioning it?

Dark Raven80
08-03-2013, 04:05 AM
/10keystrokes

You'll have to photoshop out August and change it to September next month...

Ragnar_the_Red
08-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I like the game and have enjoyed playing it, just don't think that I am going to pay for the DLC, seeing, how I have already paid 60 bucks for the game. I mean, if they thinks it is only worth 10 bucks now then I wasted 50.

Littleweasel
08-03-2013, 12:22 PM
im really hoping that the arena crap is not a pvp type game since the new achievement related to the 1st dlc if we ever get it have are on xbox.com and 5 of the 8 new achievement for the xbox 360 are for getting gold in different arena.

Atticus Batman
08-03-2013, 01:47 PM
im really hoping that the arena crap is not a pvp type game since the new achievement related to the 1st dlc if we ever get it have are on xbox.com and 5 of the 8 new achievement for the xbox 360 are for getting gold in different arena.Arena is HORDE mode.

You versus hordes of npc enemies, and eventually a group of friends versus NPC enemies

clutchcocobean
08-04-2013, 12:58 PM
everyone needs to stop complaining and take some time to understand it takes times to get these things fixed i mean when it comes out its more than likely gonna be super laggy so if u want a lot of lag then ok but dont complain about it when the DLC does come out and half you people complaining about the DLC act like the game is super boring in the first place