PDA

View Full Version : No confirmed status on new client download - refrain from making new posts.

Saraya
03-28-2013, 05:02 AM
We can all see the new download link on the account management/manage games section in your TRION user page.
It is confirmed that the setup file, the patcher and miscellaneous files are of a newer version or newer date.

We have no transparency from TRION at the moment, nor do we have any visibility with is whether this is the intended, correct, accurate or appropriate client.

It's fairly obvious to me that not everyone like us can download 15gb in thirty minutes with no worry over allowance. A lot of people can't 'afford' to download whatever whenever especially at 10gbs a pop.
It's a bit silly, cruel and misleading to be going around shouting about a 'new' patcher, with downloadable content, if that turns out to be the wrong data.

STOP making new threads about this and be patient.

Harsk
03-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Get yer wet towels here!

tallahasse100
03-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Nearly all mmo betas i played in patched up beta client to live version so that beta testers did not have to redownload the whole game again ! Somebody please add that come 2nd of april i will simply just start up my current defiance client and it will update to live version and it will be good to go ? As it would make zero sense to have to delete that and re download the whole game again ?

Thanks for any answers on this matter :) .

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 05:26 AM
not every beta client updates to live. often they do, other times they don't.

being able to preload would be nice. it's standard in mmo's. if things go wrong for w/e reason at all, and no preload, the rageaholics will just blame lack of preloads (re: simcity launch) regardless of how mindless it might be.

anyways in regards to OP's nervousness about the launcher status. i know when i upload a 10gb mission critical archive to my ftp server i make a huge SNAFU and upload the wrong file so that my clients and my bosses and my coworkers get mad at me and my job security becomes jeopardized.

Harsk
03-28-2013, 05:29 AM
If you look, this thread follows the normal format for the OP's posts. Hey, whats the opposite of a Shill anyhoo?

Saraya
03-28-2013, 05:30 AM
not every beta client updates to live. often they do, other times they don't.

being able to preload would be nice. it's standard in mmo's. if things go wrong for w/e reason at all, and no preload, the rageaholics will just blame lack of preloads (re: simcity launch) regardless of how mindless it might be.

anyways in regards to OP's nervousness about the launcher status. i know when i upload a 10gb mission critical archive to my ftp server i make a huge SNAFU and upload the wrong file so that my clients and my bosses and my coworkers get mad at me and my job security becomes jeopardized.

Heh, well fortunately this is just a game and not related to your employment.
I'm not worried about myself - however am annoyed by the ignorance and stupidity of others whom plaster needless threads with unconfirmed details, to which they won't be held accountable for later when others come back complaining that the client wasn't the right file.

Harsk
03-28-2013, 05:38 AM
I'm not worried about myself - however am annoyed by the ignorance and stupidity of others whom plaster needless threads with unconfirmed details, to which they won't be held accountable for later when others come back complaining that the client wasn't the right file.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here. please check your lack of tollerance at the door.

Hollywood
03-28-2013, 05:39 AM
If you look, this thread follows the normal format for the OP's posts. Hey, whats the opposite of a Shill anyhoo?

No offense brother, but pot calling kettle black.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here. please check your lack of tollerance at the door.

Yes welcome to the internet where the likes of yourself have nothing constructive to add.

I've downloaded the file, patched, doesn't allow a login. Can't confirm anything other than it being slightly newer on some of the data.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 05:40 AM

i was talking about the guy who's job it is to upload the file the patcher points to.

i think trion is fairly mindless at times, but i don't think they're incompetent to the degree. now when it comes to their math skills, i wouldn't doubt they need to go back to the 6th grade, but for urls they don't seem to have so much of an issue.

also welcome to mmo launches. your first time eh?

Harsk
03-28-2013, 05:42 AM
No offense brother, but pot calling kettle black, see reference :

Get yer wet towels here!

Try looking it up ^^

Saraya
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM
also welcome to mmo launches. your first time eh?

No sadly, about my...well too many to admit.

Not sure why you'd think that. The way things are going with this are not indicative of a normal launch, as others have repeatedly mentioned, the lack of pre load and early access is UNcommon.

dirtyklingon
03-28-2013, 05:46 AM
No sadly, about my...well too many to admit.

Not sure why you'd think that. The way things are going with this are not indicative of a normal launch, as others have repeatedly mentioned, the lack of pre load and early access is UNcommon.

because you are acting like it.

preload is standard. as is early access for preorders.

saying they aren't common demonstrates a lack of experience with paid to play/buy to play mmo launches.

Aldinach
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
one says defiance_beta and one doesnt you choose IMO this is early download

Saraya
03-28-2013, 07:48 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11098-Defiance-PC-Pre-Loading-Official

And guess what people are downloading that they think is a live client?
It's a bugged download of what is NOT the live client.

Point and case.

because you are acting like it.

You once again misunderstand. I am not making this request for me.

preload is standard. as is early access for preorders.

saying they aren't common demonstrates a lack of experience with paid to play/buy to play mmo launches.

Re read : "The way things are going with this are not indicative of a normal launch, as others have repeatedly mentioned, the lack of pre load and early access is UNcommon."

Notice the 'UN.'
I bolded it for you, since you seem to enjoy selective reading.