PDA

View Full Version : am I hearing this right, this game comes with a playstation plus 1 month code?

Blueandwhite87
03-28-2013, 06:08 AM
I googled this and could not find a answer but im hearing this on msg boards... i checked www.ebgames.ca and there is no mention of this code comming with the game... am i missing somthing here?

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-28-2013, 06:11 AM
I googled this and could not find a answer but im hearing this on msg boards... i checked www.ebgames.ca and there is no mention of this code comming with the game... am i missing somthing here?

You don't seem to get that! I just checked amazon the xbox version has a 30day gold trail But the ps3 version does not seem to have the PS plus thingy

Ps3:
Product Details:

Requires 10 GB of available storage
Online Only, Broadband required

Xbox-360:
Product Details:

Requires 10 GB of available storage
Online Only, Broadband required
Xbox Live Gold subscription required
Includes 30 day Xbox Live Gold subscription

jam201984
03-28-2013, 06:13 AM
But isn't ps3 online free ???

Blueandwhite87
03-28-2013, 06:14 AM
but why is there no mention of this anywhere?

ironhands
ZOMG this is so unfair, no love for the PC users we paid good money for less blah blah blah :P

I can see why the xbox would come with it, since you have to pay for network services. great little bonus for you ps3 folk, enjoy!

Amnesia
Yes. But PS+ offers other benefits.

BleakPanther
But isn't ps3 online free ???

That's a yes and no type of question. PS3 does have free online. PS+ is the premium service that goes with it. Think fan club-type of program.

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-28-2013, 06:16 AM
ZOMG this is so unfair, no love for the PC users we paid good money for less blah blah blah :P

I can see why the xbox would come with it, since you have to pay for network services. great little bonus for you ps3 folk, enjoy!

Dude.. If you pre order on steam you get cool cars, Rewards, Xp, And a in-game title If alot of people pre-order And you're telling me pc gamers dont get any love?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Blueandwhite87
03-28-2013, 06:19 AM
so 1 guy says we do and one guy says we dont... so which is correct?

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-28-2013, 06:19 AM
so 1 guy says we do and one guy says we dont... so which is correct?

Well I mean I'm just telling you what amazon is saying and I don't think amazon is wrong ( They could be)

ironhands
03-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Dude.. If you pre order on steam you get cool cars, Rewards, Xp, And a in-game title If alot of people pre-order And you're telling me pc gamers dont get any love?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

LOL I'm just trolling. I wish I'd ordered the steam version, but with the $ I saved going through a different site I'll be able to buy a few specific items in the shop. The steam rewards are pretty nice, but the only thing I'd like would be the truck, but I've already got a growler and a challenger anyway so no biggie. XP/Scrip boosts....meh, the title? Meh. inventory space - buying that for sure, and an outfit. Probably have enough leftover to get a lockbox.

The PS+ 30 day is a really nice bonus, doesn't it give you free games each month?

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-28-2013, 06:36 AM
LOL I'm just trolling. I wish I'd ordered the steam version, but with the $ I saved going through a different site I'll be able to buy a few specific items in the shop. The steam rewards are pretty nice, but the only thing I'd like would be the truck, but I've already got a growler and a challenger anyway so no biggie. XP/Scrip boosts....meh, the title? Meh. inventory space - buying that for sure, and an outfit. Probably have enough leftover to get a lockbox.

The PS+ 30 day is a really nice bonus, doesn't it give you free games each month?

But I'm pretty sure they don't even get that lol! Game and amazon both says NOTHING About a Ps Plus 30 day thing So in the end the consoles get No love but the PC gets all the love xD And the 30 day trail will expire in like 1 month most likely and i've got the whole year till my XBL Runs out and by that time I'll be spending most of my time on my Next gen xD

ironhands
03-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Meh, we'll see, maybe it's a bonus the retailer is tacking on in some cases. I would definitely see the xbox version coming with it, since you need it to be able to play. Sony might have wanted to tack it on as a trial to boost future subscriptions to the service. Wonder if any of the PC folk will actually complain if this is true though. I doubt it though, but it'd be cool if we got a 30 trial into Rift or something, I've had a hankering to see how things have changed.

Digital Soulja
03-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Yeah this is true. I got my copy of the game in the mail this morning, it comes with a slip of paper in the case with a free Playstation Plus 30-day trial, my code doesn't work though. :-(

I dunno, maybe it only becomes active after the games release? Maybe, seems unlikely though..

TheAmazingMasterCheif
03-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Yeah this is true. I got my copy of the game in the mail this morning, it comes with a slip of paper in the case with a free Playstation Plus 30-day trial, my code doesn't work though. :-(

I dunno, maybe it only becomes active after the games release? Maybe, seems unlikely though..

Is it defiance branded Plus card? Or just a normal 1? If it's just normal it should work right away Surely? Though I'm not a PlayStation Expert And it's also strange that the websites doesn't have the plus cards listed under product details like the Gold card

Digital Soulja
03-28-2013, 07:00 AM
No it's like a Playstation Network branded thing. No mention of Defiance or Trion. I'm really gutted I can't use it, downloading some free games would really take the sting out of having to wait 5 days to play a game I already own.

hhkaal416
03-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Try to redeem the code on the website, sonyentertaintmennetwork, not on the ps3 store, some the store says error

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
No it's like a Playstation Network branded thing. No mention of Defiance or Trion. I'm really gutted I can't use it, downloading some free games would really take the sting out of having to wait 5 days to play a game I already own.

call the sony customer support number, if you have the slip and can provide them a picture of it, they'll likely fix it for you

Vuule
03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Ha.. Most of the free PS+ trial codes require a credit card, making them rather useless for many.