PDA

View Full Version : Meeting people

kognido
01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
What determines what people you are able to see. Me and my friend have been playing for a while trying to find each other with no luck.

Heroic
01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Press O, hold SPACE and go to Social Dial that'll appear. Add yourself as friends and accept and invite each other.

The game i assume is hosted randomly via 'phase' which is determined by what quests you have complete. If you have captured a quest that obtains a small town or city area then the person/people who haven't completed that quest will see those who have in that area.

kognido
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I cant seem to find a add friend option. Atleast not by following these instructions. Or maybe there is something that i missed.

Kazoo
01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
I would greatly wish to know how to whisper people and invite them as well.

Heroic
01-18-2013, 02:43 PM
I'd be able to let you know once I've figured it out myself but I can't connect. I think my character is stuck somewhere..

vonscience
01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Press O, hold SPACE and go to Social Dial that'll appear. Add yourself as friends and accept and invite each other.

The game i assume is hosted randomly via 'phase' which is determined by what quests you have complete. If you have captured a quest that obtains a small town or city area then the person/people who haven't completed that quest will see those who have in that area.

1) You can't add or invite in the social dial, you can only do it in the 'u' quick menu that you can pull up, and then you can only add someone if they are in your same instance or have typed in chat while in the same instance and moved to a different one.

2)This is not the case at all. It seems instances are decided randomly, as I sat here with someone who is in the same room as me, in a group, on the same part of the quest, and we still were not in the same instance.

vonscience
01-18-2013, 06:01 PM
We just got into the same instance after logging in and out several times in the same area.

Misao
01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
We just got into the same instance after logging in and out several times in the same area.

Yeah that worked for us too.
But honestly, when the Servers are more full it will be hard as hell to get into the same instance.

SkyRobo1
01-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Let's just hope that come launch they will have then fixed the Friend Finder or else it's going to annoy people.

Punizher
01-19-2013, 07:06 AM
biggest issue for me atm is the friends situation i rly want that fix coming next beta, i dont wanna play/test to play it solo...