PDA

View Full Version : Xbox or PC? Which one?

Enochx
03-28-2013, 08:50 AM
So I am very interested in this game and am going to give it a shot. But I can't decide if I should play it on Xbox or PC? My PC will have no problem running the game at all.

Can anyone give me any reasons why one would be better/worse than the other? A couple of important factors for me are:

High server populations are a must

and

and older population would be ideal....meaning somewhere between the ages of 21 and 70.

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
So I am very interested in this game and am going to give it a shot. But I can't decide if I should play it on Xbox or PC? My PC will have no problem running the game at all.

Can anyone give me any reasons why one would be better/worse than the other? A couple of important factors for me are:

High server populations are a must

and

and older population would be ideal....meaning somewhere between the ages of 21 and 70.

Probably going to find more mature players on PC, but pick the that you know more people on.

Raine_Sheppard
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I'd look at it from the perspective of, "Who do I know that are in my friends lists that will play this game?" and then look towards where those friends are most...on PC or Xbox Live in this case. This is why I went PC, actually. I was on the fence to choosing PS3 for a bit there, but I have most friends in Skype chats and such that were going PC version for this...so, I went where I had the most friends playing the game.

Happy_Puppy
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
PC will be better looking hands down and will be able to handle more effects, players etc on screen just due to sheer horse power of PC's vs consoles. So if you want the best looking then PC. If all your friends though are playing it on the 360 then you have to make a choice. Better looking or friends... hhmm

SYN BLACK XS
03-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Maturity-wise: PC
Server Pop-wise: Probably a toss-up between PC & 360

If you had to get only one, I'd suggest PC

FantasyMeister
03-28-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm 46 and will be on the XBox. Mainly because I like to be in couch potato position when grinding and my PC setup doesn't allow for that.

The advantages of the PC are numerous though depending on your rig, but you could theoretically have better graphics, faster updates/patches/hotfixes, more UI customisation and so on.

The downsides of the PC are also numerous, glitches are usually easier to exploit and things like MMO economies and game balance tend to get ruined overnight that way.

Sytek
03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
If you have a good PC and can play without hitching I would reccomend PC
If you dont have a good pc i would reccomend Xbox so you dont have to worry about graphical lag

Enochx
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Well...now after day one, which one would yall recommend? My computer should handle this no problem. can you tell which servers will have more players, which will be an older crowd, more lag, less lag, pros, cons, etc? Just your impressions, obviously there is no way to know for sure for some of my questions.

Also, is it worth buying? Is it a good game? I am not worried about the so-called "crappy launch." all launches are painful, goes with the territory. But for those of you who HAVE played...is it a good game and do you recommend Xbox or PC version?

MattN
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Serious question?
PC hands down. More hotkeys, better dexterity with mouse and keyboard for better control, better graphics.

Enochx
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
yes it's a serious question. Does anyone recommend Xbox? The serious MMO community probably won't be playing on Xbox will they? Or will they? for some reason I feel like I should play this game on Xbox...but I don't know. I would hate to buy it for one platform only to learn three months from now that xbox tanked while PC thrives...or vice versa.

Enochx
04-02-2013, 09:13 PM
any new opinions yet? come on...seriously...help me decide. pc or xbox? For some reason I am thinking xbox, but that doesn't make sense does it?

Enochx
04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
how about now? come on yo I am on the fence...can't decide if I should get this game or not. I am tired of being disappointed in MMO's like SWTOR, TSW, Tera, GW2, etc......hook me up with some real opinions.

Roflmaowtf
04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
PC without a doubt.

Tenbears
04-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Be a man and buy both if it is bothering you that bad.

PC for me all the way.

Remag Div
04-03-2013, 02:16 PM
and older population would be ideal...

That rules out Xbox by default.

StoneColdKiller
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I am leaning toward Xbox because there are already aimbots out there for the PC version. That's pretty messed up. Glad I did some research first.

Drazn
04-03-2013, 02:21 PM
IMO I would go PC. I have an PS3 and a Xbox Elite. I would pick PC over them every time.

Remag Div
04-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I am leaning toward Xbox because there are already aimbots out there for the PC version. That's pretty messed up. Glad I did some research first.

And if true they will eventually be banned.

Drazn
04-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Hacks will be out for all the platforms sooner or later. Its Inevitable. :(

Kelevra
04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I bought the PC version. Looking forward to seeing you all ingame. :)

Enochx
04-03-2013, 09:09 PM
well i bought the xbox version. I don't know why. I got a feeling that this is more of a console type game and the PC folk will bail before too long. I hope I don't regret this.....epecially since I am old and don't want to deal with 10 year olds. Oh well....still Elder scrolls to look forward to.......by the way...still haven't played because apparently the xbox servers are down. lol. NO REGRETS NO REGRETS NO REGRETS.....hopefully.

Hazel
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I had to get the xbox version because my PC is a piece of Shtako. I wish so much I could've gotten it on PC though. The community is such a let down here.

I am glad that I've managed to find a little civilized pocket within that community though, and it's what'll keep me happy.

PC is probably going to have more players and more mature players. So if you have a PC that can handle it, PC hands down. The Xbox community is thinking of it more as a shooter than an MMO.

Ahmida
04-03-2013, 09:20 PM
well i bought the xbox version. I don't know why. I got a feeling that this is more of a console type game and the PC folk will bail before too long. I hope I don't regret this.....epecially since I am old and don't want to deal with 10 year olds. Oh well....still Elder scrolls to look forward to.......by the way...still haven't played because apparently the xbox servers are down. lol. NO REGRETS NO REGRETS NO REGRETS.....hopefully.

As steam is not the end all for pc stats as you can buy direct from trion, this is not a a full indicator, but Defiance is already selling less then BSI after 1 day. I think the player statistics are off too as there are server issues, but only 12,700 concurrent max today as steam reports.

Defier
04-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I own all three versions (long story). Been playing the PC version more and more. Both console versions look like a** compared to the PC and I like the mose and keyboard control better than either console's control pad.

I've also installed the PC version on one of my laptops, hooked it up to my 52" TV and been playing it with an XBOX 360 controller. That seems like the best of both worlds, no? Haven't been doing it as much though (like I said, I like the mouse and keyboard better).

Defier
04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I had to get the xbox version because my PC is a piece of Shtako. I wish so much I could've gotten it on PC though. The community is such a let down here.

I am glad that I've managed to find a little civilized pocket within that community though, and it's what'll keep me happy.

PC is probably going to have more players and more mature players. So if you have a PC that can handle it, PC hands down. The Xbox community is thinking of it more as a shooter than an MMO.

Yeah, my (much younger) buddy was thinking it was more of a shooter than an mmo, as if it somehow doesn't have enough action (wtf)? I think I'll be finding myself gravitating more to the PC and PS3.

dstrollo360
04-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Got it for Xbox and I love it. I mean graphics aren't a huge deal all the time because seriously I don't need omega god graphics but I think the Xbox graphics are good. I love the feeling of a controller because that's how gaming should be. Also, the ability to talk to my buddies playing Bioshock, Minecraft, and Dead Space while I play Defiance is AWESOME!

Philote
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
If you enjoy precision aiming with an analog stick, by all means go with 360.