PDA

View Full Version : Trion does world and zones events right

urwifemykids
07-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I donít know how many of you guys are active Rift players out there.
But Trion continues to listen to the players of this game and always mess with stuff (in a good way) to keep it at interesting level. So the dynamic world events that Trion said are going to be in Defiance, is one of thing s most exciting to me. In rift the world events a tie in to whatever main event they are running. Now the zone event and the zone invasions are so often and active in every zone even for the low level zones. It is so fun to just run around an area and have to kill 3 mini bosses and countless other mobs just bring out a boss. All while running with a rag tag group maybe there a tank maybe notÖ.. All for some loot.
Just from Trionís work with Rifts dynamic events and there care for their customer base has me tingling all over just think about this work in progress.
Any Rift players care to discus

Kalbuir
07-14-2012, 05:02 AM
I'll be honest, RIFT's "dynamic content" disappointed me when I first saw it. Not because it wasn't fun and not because it wasn't what they promised but overall it was over hyped. Their trailers and posters and well everything kept hammering on the dynamic content that in my opinion to people who didn't follow the game on the foot it gave the impression of a truly dynamic world.

While in fact even the RIFT events are not that dynamic:
- they follow very strict scripts
- they scale in a very limited way, 2/3 difficulties and stages based on timers.
- the locations are not so random and in certain zones almost seem static locations.

Now again I don't dislike RIFT's dynamic content I just think their focus on it shouldn't have been so big as it isn't that special. Maybe Defiance can put some spins on it but from what I've seen so far it has big similarities. Zone events are a lot of fun, area quests are awesome as well as it brings people together. But when I hear dynamic content, my mind wants more. And if it would be a real focus I think it could be implemented well however would probably take away a **** load of other resources from things that are more important.

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 01:29 PM
yeah. im hoping that arkfalls are a little more than just rifts with guns and bugs :). dont get me wrong though, i love rift and seriously hope trion is accepting of feedback and as responsive to community desires here as they are there.

Fawks
04-13-2015, 05:02 PM
yeah. im hoping that arkfalls are a little more than just rifts with guns and bugs :). dont get me wrong though, i love rift and seriously hope trion is accepting of feedback and as responsive to community desires here as they are there.

I feel the same way honestly

Altras
04-13-2015, 05:17 PM
I feel the same way honestly

Achievement Unlocked: Necromancer. 5g Points

Midnight
04-13-2015, 07:22 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2nsw1nb.jpg

stefb42
04-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Wow this really is old

tarmim
04-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Wow this really is old

U right its really old

Darien
04-14-2015, 08:23 AM
I don’t know how many of you guys are active Rift players out there.
But Trion continues to listen to the players of this game and always mess with stuff (in a good way) to keep it at interesting level. So the dynamic world events that Trion said are going to be in Defiance, is one of thing s most exciting to me. In rift the world events a tie in to whatever main event they are running. Now the zone event and the zone invasions are so often and active in every zone even for the low level zones. It is so fun to just run around an area and have to kill 3 mini bosses and countless other mobs just bring out a boss. All while running with a rag tag group maybe there a tank maybe not….. All for some loot.
Just from Trion’s work with Rifts dynamic events and there care for their customer base has me tingling all over just think about this work in progress.
Any Rift players care to discus

I would hardly consider what either game does to be "dynamic".

For Defiance, three different events spawn continuously, but all three are "Go to the red circle, shoot the things that spawn inside of it. Get bad loot.". The position of the event changes slightly but the events are all the same.

In Rift, they have a few more flavors of events but the enemies in all of Rift are so generic that they are just basically different colors of the same animal. All of the events are the same. You go to the red circle, you stab the guys inside, and you get bad loot. The position of the event changes slightly but they are all cleared the same way.

The events are not even different between games. If your Warrior in Rift equipped a Shotgun, you would be clearing a Defiance event. This is not what dynamic means.

hardy83
04-14-2015, 09:56 AM
It's an old thread but hey why not.

Tabula Rasa is the only game I consider to have "good" dynamic world/zone events.

That game had bases and they would be attack. If you couldn't defend the base it would be taken over and stay taken over until it was fought back and captured.
There were vendors and quest givers in these bases.

Rift and Defiance on the other hand plays it safe.
Rift could do that, but they don't. When a zone event ends, it for the most part completely disappears.
Defiance's events don't affect the overworld at all.

Handle
04-14-2015, 10:38 AM

Tabula Rasa is the only game I consider to have "good" dynamic world/zone events.

QFT - And speaking of "dead", RIP Tabula Rasa, IMHO the game with the best concept and implementation of "world events".

If that game was still alive, I wonder if I would even be playing Defiance? Since Defiance (and most other MMOs) are just re-hashes and copies of features in other games (Borderlands+Rift=Defiance, for example) - I also wonder if Defiance had of just outright cloned the TR event system instead of cloning Rift events, how much happier of a player I would be...

DEMON
04-14-2015, 11:49 AM

That game had bases and they would be attack. If you couldn't defend the base it would be taken over and stay taken over until it was fought back and captured.
There were vendors and quest givers in these bases.

Rift and Defiance on the other hand plays it safe.
Rift could do that, but they don't. When a zone event ends, it for the most part completely disappears.
Defiance's events don't affect the overworld at all.

Ahh for those glorious events in TR. Nothing like holding out in a fortress hoping for help to arrive not knowing if the mobs were gonna bust out the heavy weapons. (and no BMGs) Those events were more Co-Op than most I've seen here (surviving was a win not points). Truth be told were Tabula Rasa to rise from the ashes, my playtime in Defiance would be ending quite quickly. (along with my bit store Acct)