PDA

View Full Version : GAME UK - Not sent any orders out

GkarukDefiance
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I order 2x copied totalling 85 UKP and as yet its not been dispatched my pre-orders baring in mind its a UK bank holiday weekend and as of now 18:18 Thu 28-Mar.

Therefore I highly doubt I will receive my pre-order next Tues 2-Apr as in UK we have no post until then.

Im disappointed and not surprised their retail went into administration last year. Shame as their staff in the shops were excellent, but looks like their online service is not.

Anyone else had their order sent?

Thanks

DrSquidzoid
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I got mine today, so did my friend who lives down the road, we both ordered the game exclusive limetid edition. It doesnt look like the servers are up though :(

DragonsbladeUK
03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Got mine from Amazon and same thing not sent out yet. So not just GAME.

Deimos
03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
This is why I stopped ordering from GAME and Amazon, you can't trust them any more.

Zadeth
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
This is why I stopped ordering from GAME and Amazon, you can't trust them any more.

I ordered Luigi's Mansion 2 from Amazon and received it two days before the official UK release.

FantasyMeister
03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I think if it's Standard Edition then Amazon (UK) are sending out either tonight or Saturday for a Tuesday delivery (assuming you opted for First Class postage).

As far as I'm aware GAME (UK) are currently despatching all preorders, haven't heard anything to the contrary yet.

DragonsbladeUK
03-28-2013, 01:15 PM
There was an official post about delays to some EU retailers. Only mentioned Amazon and some french/spanish ones.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11159-CE-UE-Release-Update-%96-Some-Delays-At-Select-EU-Retailers

GkarukDefiance
03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Well just check at 22:26 on 28-Mar on GAME.co.uk for my pre-order status and still not shipped :(

Serrot
03-28-2013, 03:30 PM
I ordered Luigi's Mansion 2 from Amazon and received it two days before the official UK release.

Cracking game aint it?

Back on topic, this is the EXACT reason why I ordered digitally, but I appreciate you cannot do this on the consoles. If I was going to trust a company to get it to me, it would have been Tesco or Simply games. Both flawless for me in the past, and ALWAYS early. For me anyway :D

LadyChaos
03-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Cracking game aint it?

Back on topic, this is the EXACT reason why I ordered digitally, but I appreciate you cannot do this on the consoles. If I was going to trust a company to get it to me, it would have been Tesco or Simply games. Both flawless for me in the past, and ALWAYS early. For me anyway :D

Husband and I used to pre-order at retailers all the time for the extra bonuses then just got tedious with all the drama risks of key problems or late deliveries, so we do nothing but digital copies now regardless of what bonus retailers give. If I pre-order it I want it on time myself. I'm sorry the UK guys and others having so much crap over the retailer deliveries.

GkarukDefiance
03-29-2013, 03:33 AM
Well, just checked this morning 29-Mar and not dispatched so I chased GAME via their Web chat customer service. I got confirmation the plan is to send them out today.

"I've just checked with my team leader - there's not any delays with the shipping of these, and we will be shipping orders out over the weekend so you are likely to receive your dispatch email tomorrow."

Fingers crossed, I will check my status later tonight.

Clarkeh
03-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Stopped buying from GAME as soon as i jacked in my job with them, this was before the whole going almost bust thing, Generally thier a bad company with shadey business practices, This is why i go through other online retailers like Steam or Play but even Play has started to slip up lately.

Andrewgster
03-29-2013, 04:36 AM
I ordered mine from the Game website on Wednesday and it was in the post Thursday when I got in from work.

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 04:40 AM
i have never had a problem with ordering from a store i always got it on time, my stores do not close on public holidays XD eb games,

GkarukDefiance
03-29-2013, 05:14 AM
I ordered mine from the Game website on Wednesday and it was in the post Thursday when I got in from work.

That just peeves me even more. I order on 7-Mar 2x copies and not sent. You order 1 day ago and got it already. Ah well, we will see how their promise for tonight goes.

ExcuseMyMandarin
03-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Downloading the game now via the client, servers are not yet up; "The game has not been released, it will be released the 2. of April" or something in that direction.

Deimos
03-29-2013, 06:38 AM
This is how GAME have always operated, they don't care about MMO players, they don't have an understanding of the genre and treat it exactly like any other game.

GkarukDefiance
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Well, I just checked my emails at 22:14PM GMT on 29-Mar and the promise I got from customer Service was clearly bull. Still not dispatched my pre-order.

If it doesn't arrive Tuesday I wont be ever using GAME again.

Worst of it is I would have pre-ordered direct from Trion, but I want the Hellbug statue and no other way to get it. :(

GkarukDefiance
03-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Well its Sunday 31-Mar and my pre-order still sits as Unshipped on GAME website. I will be making a complaint next week and will keep you posted on the outcome.

Funny thing is I ordered Supreme Commander Forged Alliance from Tesco online Friday afternoon, and its been shipped yesterday. Excellent service for a 5 purchase and it makes it hard to support a dedicated game online retailer when they are handed a 82 purchase and fail to deliver.

I pride myself on supporting the little man, smaller shops to ensure their survival against this large supermarkets. However, when the services differ this much, where's the justification to continue that support.

GkarukDefiance
04-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Launch day and no Collectors Edition or Limited Edition still.

GAME Web chat customer support today at 2pm investigated to be told "I can confirm there is a delay with the shipment of these pre orders which is currently being looked into. I am able to cancel these if you would like?". Despite being told would be sent Friday, they now tell me there are delays and why the hell would I want to cancel my pre-order now.

I asked "What is the delay and when can I the expected delivery date?" and response "This is currently being looked into and should be sent out today"

As I will lose my pre-order bonuses and cannot get the benefits of :
- Exclusive Hellbug Statue
- Exclusive Art of Defiance Art Book
- Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD

I have agreed to wait 1 more day. Like all good tv soaps/dramas "Will the deliver" tune in next episode.

Chivaro
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Launch day and no Collectors Edition or Limited Edition still.

GAME Web chat customer support today at 2pm investigated to be told "I can confirm there is a delay with the shipment of these pre orders which is currently being looked into. I am able to cancel these if you would like?". Despite being told would be sent Friday, they now tell me there are delays and why the hell would I want to cancel my pre-order now.

I asked "What is the delay and when can I the expected delivery date?" and response "This is currently being looked into and should be sent out today"

As I will lose my pre-order bonuses and cannot get the benefits of :
- Exclusive Hellbug Statue
- Exclusive Art of Defiance Art Book
- Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD

I have agreed to wait 1 more day. Like all good tv soaps/dramas "Will the deliver" tune in next episode.
The last time I ordered from game, my dead space 3 limited edition preorder arrived on the following Monday, and it was released on the Friday. That was the only time ever a new release failed to arrive by release date. I normally order from Shopto, where I have had no problems in years. In fact it usually arrives the day before.
I don't really trust game anymore. It's too bad that a lot of collectors/limited editions are exclusive to them.

GkarukDefiance
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Well they finally shipped the pre-order at 14:10 yesterday just pending delivery :)