PDA

View Full Version : DLC 9 days away how bad could it be?

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 09:04 AM
What's the worst that could happen?

Maybe we need to plan for it.

Goose bumps I tell ya.:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUT8g8_Yd2Y&feature=player_detailpage

piercehead
07-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Except that we don't know it's 9 days away. Most recent Trion comment was:

"Release Date: Not announced at this time."

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 09:09 AM
A great sadness will waft over the valley of defiance if it gets delayed I would predict.

Gomly
07-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Quick, probably pointless, question....

How could they delay something they haven't give a release date for?

seto282003
07-23-2013, 09:15 AM
They gave a timeframe of the end of July so it if hits August and still no dlc then there's a problem

Gomly
07-23-2013, 09:26 AM
They gave a time frame and then changed their minds to "no release date yet" which kinda hints at it not coming out any time soon.

Samyaza
07-23-2013, 09:30 AM

The dude who said end of July was fired... (yea the game director was shacked)

SOOOO DLC date... when pigs fly....

Gomly
07-23-2013, 09:32 AM
SOOOO DLC date... when pigs fly....

And a said day for us all ..... the price of bacon goes up....

Thankyou very much folks, i'm here all week /bow

Sanguinesun
07-23-2013, 09:43 AM

Biz, you're always a week late and humor short.

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 09:44 AM
In any case I think I'll pull a Betty White and stock up. In case I need to wash my Casti clothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VZx9XP2GoA

Sanguinesun
07-23-2013, 09:45 AM
They gave a timeframe of the end of July so it if hits August and still no dlc then there's a problem

Ask us from Alpha... there's -been- problems. :P

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Ask us from Alpha... there's -been- problems. :P

Pfft... you nay sayers.

I am going in with a positive attitude and believe in Trion putting it out by the end of July. How bad its going to be on the other hand well...that's the question.

Nothings gonna rain on my optimism parade around release date- nope - no ways- no how- its cummin'.

Me panties are in a twist.

They might give us a quality product even or....?

Kibblehouse
07-23-2013, 10:48 AM
From general life experience just know that "How bad could it be?" is one of those questions you should never ever ask. Those who ask that question usually end up learning just how bad it can be.

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Dev Blog: Castithan Charge Pack and the future of Defiance
Posted on: 07.23.2013
Ok, time to write the introduction blog. Hello. My name is Chris Lena and I am the new Executive Producer for Defiance. I have been working at Trion for over three years and started on Defiance last November (almost exactly 6 months before launch). My background is a long history of working on massively multiplayer games both live and in development which has driven home the fact that those that play your game are not just customers but partners. That there is a back and forth, a blurring of developer and player, that doesn’t happen with other games and is one of the main reasons that I love working in this genre. But enough about me, let’s get down to business.

Our first DLC is coming up and we will be revealing that release date soon…it will not be out this month. Fine, we will tell you that it will be in August but don’t’ tell anyone else. Ok? I know I can trust you. We did want to get this out sooner but we had some launch issues to care of first.

We'll so much for eternal optimism.

This now takes us into the theatre of the absurd when it comes to Trion credibility.

Waiting for the DLC's is like waiting for GODOT. - He never showed.

Tyger
07-23-2013, 12:43 PM
*readjusts his floating target sensor over the August section of his far side calendar and goes back to sleep*

Sanguinesun
07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
We'll so much for eternal optimism.

This now takes us into the theatre of the absurd when it comes to Trion credibility.

Waiting for the DLC's is like waiting for GODOT. - He never showed.

Told you so.

The Oncoming Storm
07-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Told you so.

As if you were the only person who though trion was full of shtako...

on a side note: 55 Days, 8 Hrs, 24 mins, and 30 seconds till' GTA 5!

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Told you so.

Aw c'mom for just under 2 hrs from my original post there I was in a happy optimistic place. I believed Trion could come through.

It was a fleeting moment of the glass is half full for me.

Then cruel reality came crashing down again after read today's blog post/announcement about an August release.

Can't fault a person for trying to be positive during a razor rain storm can you?

Strontium Dog
07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
You just have to look at the guys picture in that blog and its asking for meme. Its like "Shtako, when you said Trion I thought you meant Rift"

Total joke now. They cant deliver, and when DLC hits it will be damp wet fishy handshake of a content download with no real bite. White peely wally face humans....ohh wooppeee doo.

5 DLC.......yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Biznatchio
07-23-2013, 03:45 PM
You just have to look at the guys picture in that blog and its asking for meme. Its like "Shtako, when you said Trion I thought you meant Rift"

Total joke now. They cant deliver, and when DLC hits it will be damp wet fishy handshake of a content download with no real bite. White peely wally face humans....ohh wooppeee doo.

5 DLC.......yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Fishy handshake? I think its going to be a fish slap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCwLirQS2-o

Vion Diamonds
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Thats why I sold my Defiance and im proud I havent played this stale waste of space for so many months!

dominad
07-23-2013, 03:53 PM
As if you were the only person who though trion was full of shtako...

on a side note: 55 Days, 8 Hrs, 24 mins, and 30 seconds till' GTA 5!
Hell yes and since I just finished assassins creed 2 going to grab a copy of the brotherhood to tide me ovr and finish the battlefield 3 campaign and black ops 1 and 2 on veteran. See you on GTA I am excited by how many people I will be able to play with!!

Gomly
07-23-2013, 04:12 PM
finish the battlefield 3 campaign and black ops 1 and 2 on veteran.

Sorry, had to read this a few times to make sure my eyes didn't deceive me.

You're going to finish the BF3 campaign and BLOPs campaigns?

Well, that will take you all of ..... about 8 hours to do all 3.

If you're going to mention campaigns then at least mention good ones.

Speare
07-24-2013, 09:28 AM
The new director posted on the community site that the DLC is coming out in August.

Sanguinesun
07-24-2013, 10:14 AM
The new director posted on the community site that the DLC is coming out in August.

Mentioned on page 2 of the thread already...

Reverend Blood
07-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Thats why I sold my Defiance and im proud I havent played this stale waste of space for so many months!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217212504/glee/images/2/2e/Tobuscus_cool_story_bro_by_shadowdie9153-d4d86jd.gif

WARDUKE
07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Blog post says Aug and not when in Aug so... Probably Sep. :P

Gomly
07-24-2013, 01:07 PM

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is ..... August of which year?

Clarkeh
07-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Well anything is better then nothing seeing as i bought the season pass back on day one its not going to cost me anything to play the content.

Biznatchio
07-24-2013, 03:59 PM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is ..... August of which year?

Don't start throwing years around that's just plain mean.:mad:

Cruel too

XxIndomitablexX
07-24-2013, 05:44 PM
This seems like a great idea for a game but the area the game lies within is about the same size as the starter areas for other mmo's. It seems that most of the players are bored with the content have stopped playing or quit the game already because of this! Each day, yes each day more leave because of boredom, the longer the dlcs (notice not dlc) take to come out the less people there will be to sell them to. Trion, your chances to re-coup your investments lie in your ability to produce a quality product quickly. Your players are bored, act or lose out on your investments. Customers are fickle and lose faith in broken promises.

Valethar
07-24-2013, 06:54 PM

My guess is the first day of PAX Prime, so they can use the Con for PR.