PDA

View Full Version : So...Castithan DLC in August....

Njag
07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
So, anybody actually believe that the DLC will be out in August as they have stated today? At E3 they said by the end of July. It keeps going back further & further. There are a lot of anticipated games coming out the rest of the year & people will be focused on them. Personally I think Trion is really gonna have to WOW us with this DLC to keep it's customers attention over these new games.

gamingreal
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
if they don't there going to deal with a lot of negativity from players some of us brought our season pass' ages ago this dlc had better be worth the wait, i gave them a lot of slack to begin with
(afterall they are making an action mmo on several platforms including consoles a known death ground for mmo with only a few success stories)
but i am becoming tired of this inconsistency and lack of proper new content & features which would bring it up to line with other mmos

Njag
07-23-2013, 01:31 PM
if they don't there going to deal with a lot of negativity from players some of us brought our season pass' ages ago this dlc had better be worth the wait, i gave them a lot of slack to begin with
(afterall they are making an action mmo on several platforms including consoles a known death ground for mmo with only a few success stories)
but i am becoming tired of this inconsistency and lack of proper new content & features which would bring it up to line with other mmos

Yeah, I hear ya. When it came out I purchased 2 copies & 2 season passes. That $200 for 2 players has been hurting for awhile. More & more each time the DLC is suppose to come out, but doesn't. I was hoping the DLC was gonna tide me over till Payday 2 comes out on the 13th.

Atticus Batman
07-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Well now that Mr. Old Lies in laughs is gone and we have tihs new guy, What's His Name, maybe we will actually see it before Christmas.

The Oncoming Storm
07-23-2013, 01:37 PM
I've stopped caring at this point, The DLC will be out when it's out and it'll suck if it gonna suck...
It's not even worth the bother.

dominad
07-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Where did they state this can someone link me please?

Mowazzy
07-23-2013, 03:17 PM
honestly, once the end of summer hits and the gaming release season starts up no DLC will save this game. too much awesomeness on the horizon between games and new consoles. one thing that could help is for both next gens to offer defiance and giving players the ability to migrate to them while keeping their characters.

ZOSO62
07-23-2013, 03:25 PM
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/23/dev-blog-castithan-charge-pack-and-the-future-of-defiance/

dominad
07-23-2013, 03:36 PM
I left Defiance because I will not support games by Trion.
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/23/dev-blog-castithan-charge-pack-and-the-future-of-defiance/

Well that inspires no hope.
Think this is it for me.
No point waiting till August GTA is out then and the new consoles before Christmas why would i bother buying a DLC thy just made sound like a patch for problems they should have fixed from day one...

MagellanD
07-23-2013, 07:28 PM
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

I think I love you

born2beagator
07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
We did want to get this out sooner but we had some launch issues to take care of first.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YA THINK??????????

KillAlot V2
07-24-2013, 06:36 AM
ive given up on the dlc they can keep it along with my money i will never buy any future trion products if anyones thinking of buying any trion products beware what your buying is not going to be upto scratch.
for me trion is far worse than EA and at this point i do not trust anything they say they have told so many lies in the past

N3gativeCr33p
07-24-2013, 09:07 AM
No point waiting till August GTA is out then...

Even this "information" would be news to Rockstar Games. The newest GTA is launching in the middle of September.

Atticus Batman
07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Even this "information" would be news to Rockstar Games. The newest GTA is launching in the middle of September.

Tha's kind of what I thought too, but with everyone mentioning I was wondering if I remembered wrong. Thank you for confirming that I remembered atleast that much right.

A s0t
07-24-2013, 01:52 PM

Think this is it for me.
No point waiting till August GTA is out then and the new consoles before Christmas why would i bother buying a DLC thy just made sound like a patch for problems they should have fixed from day one...

just how mad are you

LastAyleidKing
07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
To everyone who keep whining about this game theres the doorway/exit >>>>[_] go play cod or something we fans are sick of hearing all your complaints.

Yeah theres been delays, sure we really want new stuff but...would you rather have so many gamebreaking bugs you cant play it or would you like them to not only fix existing bugs but also make sure that when the dlc launches it has as few if not any bugs as possible?

I mean would you want to not even be able to load game or use your race change token and find all your character levels/inventory wiped? hmm no you say well thats why there are delays because unforseen problems arise or bugs are trickier to fix and take more time seriously.

Anyone whos ever been really into skyrim knows every time they had dlc or patch there were always bugs popping up you fix a couple a few more arise and thats a singleplayer game. Now transfer that idea over to Defiance and make it hundreds of thousands if not millions of players factor in all that extra crap that can happen based on that and you should all be thankful that they even try to fix those problems.
Seriously got a problem they have an IN GAME support desk in addition to forums hell anyone From Phantasy Star Universe Knows how hard it was to get ahold of a GM to report something. Lets not forget they usually get back to you in a day or 2 unless there is a ton of tickets pouring in.

And its not like if you have trouble playing this game you cant go play something else while they work to fix said problem.

Seriously if you cant be happy that they are trying and just wanna complain have your mommies get you a pacifier maybe a candybar and a blanky lol because if you cant handle the facts of life that sometimes stuff happens and human beings just have to adapt because they cant see the future then you might need to grow up some more or go get some dollies to play with.

I apologize in advance if anyone gets offended and I hope people can read this and understand "my frustration" sure would I have liked castithan dlc by now yeah but I know that I will enjoy playing it alot more with as few bugs as possible so I can wait. I also know that while not being super smart when it comes to technology/programming I can imagine how hard it is to make everything work (kinda like an old school geared pocket watch 1 things off it wont run right or work at all). Its hard to fix everything and its easy to throw blame around but it is also important to respect that no matter how much some PEOPLE keep whining Trion and the team keep trying not just because they get paid for it but because deep down inside they believe in this game they pour their heart and souls into it everyday so that we can get a little of that joy that rush that comes from playing something crafted with love and care.

Some of that may be lost on some of you but I have to believe that some people will get this will understand and maybe find that extra understanding they need to weather the storm a bit longer. Besides when the dlc does come out its gonna be friggin sweet lols.
so enjoy the extra time you have to grind for levels, cash and scrap and to plan out what your gonna do and how your gonna play.

ItISLupus
07-24-2013, 05:26 PM

Think this is it for me.

Why are you still here?

Amone
07-25-2013, 11:02 PM
I think I am going to buy the DLC, and I would like to say why :

I still like the game, :D

I have no problems connecting to the servers in 99 % of my playing time.

I contacted the support a couple of times and in 100 % I could get hold of someone who dealt with my problem. last I did it was when I purchased a tier 3 Box (with ressources not bits) and nothing was in there. The one dealing with it was very supportative and returned it to me after having checked on it.

Trion at last removed the region Lock so I can switch to the NA servers. I have the good feeling that they listened to what their customers said.

There are a lot of people complaining both on the game and Trion, and humans tend to raise their voice when being upset rather when being satisfied, I too complained about the Region lock , but they have taking care of it and saw to it that players can choose freely with whom they want to play in near future. This shows that a companyīs policiy can be influenced by us clients and this is great :)

DEFCON ONE
07-26-2013, 01:23 AM
To be honest with you, the DLC is a fantasy. It is a glimmer of hope to keep the few people who play the game still playing for something. They pushed the DLC back 3 times now, you must be a fool to believe it is coming out. Don't let Trion completely pull the wool over your eyes.

How does the saying go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times I am a complete moron...lol

Amone
07-26-2013, 01:29 AM
To be honest with you, the DLC is a fantasy. It is a glimmer of hope to keep the few people who play the game still playing for something. They pushed the DLC back 3 times now, you must be a fool to believe it is coming out. Don't let Trion completely pull the wool over your eyes.

How does the saying go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times I am a complete moron...lol

I would say letīs give it a shot and wait till the 31st of August, I donīt own a season pass so I havenīt really followed the topic of the DLC and when it was going to be released. I didnīt know that it had been pushed back 3 times, this is bad enough , but as i said at the beginning, letīs hope for the best and wait till the end of summer ..