PDA

View Full Version : Cross platform

Sigmond55
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM
quick question
Is Defiance going to be cross platform at all or do I have to buy multiply copys to play online with me friends who have xbox and my friends who will have it for PC/PS3?

Kroesis
03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Inb4Searchfunctionposts

No cross platform, you'll need multiple copies.

Welcome to the forums, please take some time in reading the stickies and such for additional information.

TR GunPlay
03-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Inb4Searchfunctionposts

Multiple copies.

Well played my friend...well played.

God forbid he takes a second to find the dozens of threads on this lol

Sigmond55
03-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Sorry t.t I just Signed up like 5 mins before I posted

Buruko
03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Sorry t.t I just Signed up like 5 mins before I posted

That was five minutes in between where a Search wasn't performed. Don't make the Search function go hungry perform your search today.

Defy
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
been asked many times, no cross platform

Xiiego94
03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Yep. No cross plat. M$ and sony want to compete against eachother. Just the way business is...

Psyqhical
03-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Didn't the developers say there was a Cross platform testing group going on now. So Cross platform might still be a possibility later.

IGears
03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Didn't the developers say there was a Cross platform testing group going on now. So Cross platform might still be a possibility later.

why does your signature say "free ark codes".... who would be 'that guy' who sells them?

Psyqhical
03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
why does your signature say "free ark codes".... who would be 'that guy' who sells them?

Good Guy Greg.

Archangel
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM

The Q and A team tests cross platform but the big wigs in Microsoft and Sony put that idea to rest.

So they said no and Trion had to abide.

Its sad really but oh well.

Myst
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Jeez y'all didn't have to jump on him like that, but yeah what others have stated and Arch answered the question with the sad truth :(

Psyqhical
03-28-2013, 03:46 PM
That's just sad. They (MC and Sony) should put their rivalries to rest instead.

Myst
03-28-2013, 03:50 PM
That's just sad. They (MC and Sony) should put their rivalries to rest instead.

This was well before current time but Final Fantasy XI was able to do it. I don't know what happened between the two to not want to do this but it's really hurtful to the industry..

Dixa
03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
This was well before current time but Final Fantasy XI was able to do it. I don't know what happened between the two to not want to do this but it's really hurtful to the industry..

final fantasy launched in 2002. the 360 version came out in 2005 - before microsoft started charging for xbox live.

Myst
03-28-2013, 03:54 PM
final fantasy launched in 2002. the 360 version came out in 2005 - before microsoft started charging for xbox live.

Yeah before the current time, it's still a shame that we couldn't do it. Though I'd assume it's A. To get more people to buy it for [x] system instead; and B. Because of Live in someway shape or form perhaps..?

Archangel
03-28-2013, 03:55 PM

good point. I remember the old days of xbox without xbox live. Oh the lan parties for Halo. Oh all the lost papers undone in college.

Dixa
03-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah before the current time, it's still a shame that we couldn't do it. Though I'd assume it's A. To get more people to buy it for [x] system instead; and B. Because of Live in someway shape or form perhaps..?

it's just two companies having a pissing contest. nothing more honestly.

Sigmond55
03-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks Myst for the stand up.
I couldn't find if u could link multiply copys to the same account (ex. xbox copy and PC copy)
Do u guys know if there is the possablity to link an xbox and a pc copy to the same account
I understand if they don't allow u to use the same toons on the respective system but it would be silly if u couldn't link them together to check on some stuff if they add stuff that u can check out on the web

Dixa
03-28-2013, 04:00 PM
I couldn't find if u could link multiply copys to the same account (ex. xbox copy and PC copy)
Do u guys know if there is the possablity to link an xbox and a pc copy to the same account
I understand if they don't allow u to use the same toons on the respective system but it would be silly if u couldn't link them together to check on some stuff if they add stuff that u can check out on the web

you should be able to link all three versions to your trion account.

Paladin
03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Good Guy Greg.

NnnnnnnYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRG

Psyqhical
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
NnnnnnnYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRG

You really are actively following my posts, aren't you? xD

Paladin
03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
You really are actively following my posts, aren't you? xD

My only regret is clicking on a newly responded thread since I just refresh What's New?

Myst
03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
it's just two companies having a pissing contest. nothing more honestly.

Well that's a shame; it's like two kids on the playground...

Looks like someone got to your question :)

Kroesis
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Jeez y'all didn't have to jump on him like that, but yeah what others have stated and Arch answered the question with the sad truth :(

Whut?! I answered his query before expected 'search' posts and then politely welcomed him to the forums and suggested he check stickied threads for further info. If that's jumping on him I must really pile on people who post crap!