PDA

View Full Version : Heard that the DLC is being delayed?

CrimsonDawntracker
07-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Is this true? I heard that the DLC was being delayed when browsing info on some article and reading through the comments stating that the DLC is going to be delayed and will not release this month....What the hell :c ,I was so pumped after seeing gameplay footage of the new DLC,this just adds into my disappointment of the game from prices going down really fast to really bad bugs from time to time during the arkfalls but i was letting them slide through....

Any info on how long this delay will be, more than a week or more than a month....I have not touched defiance for quite some time and hope to get back to playing the game again once the DLC has been released.

RedAvocado
07-23-2013, 10:12 PM
The first DLC will be released in August.

red956
07-23-2013, 10:20 PM
soon to be September

Monkerlotus
07-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Well I give up, gonna refund my season pass now. I had hopes for this game it being the same developer as Rift and all..

(although i'll just end up re-buying it AFTER the DLC is announced anyway(GRRR IM CONFLICTED!!))

SouthsidSoldier
07-24-2013, 02:17 AM
You guyz complain to much this is a good thing that way they can work out the bugs on the new dlc
well i give up, gonna refund my season pass now. I had hopes for this game it being the same developer as rift and all..

(although i'll just end up re-buying it after the dlc is announced anyway(grrr im conflicted!!))

Soren
07-24-2013, 02:26 AM
I had hopes for this game it being the same developer as Rift and all..

That's really kind of a common misconception. Defiance and Rift are being worked on by two completely separate teams within Trion and they're even at different locations.

And part of the thing with Rift is that it didn't have a whole lot going for it at launch or the first few months either. At first, it was pretty much a WoW clone with not much variety and a hell of a lot of problems that showed up with some of their first events and whatnot. It took at least half a year or more for it to finally start building up into something more unique/awesome, at least from my personal experience. At least for me Rift didn't have enough to be worth the subscription back in March 2011 (after pre-ordering the Collector's Edition for $60), but 9 months later in December I found it oh so worth every penny and have been subscribed since then.

I personally think Defiance has the potential to be like Rift where it becomes a hell of a lot better and really something awesome over its first year and onward, but... it's kind of a wait-and-see thing at this point. And kind of depends on if they can deliver on the August DLC release this time around. 'cause it is pretty sad that the first DLC has been delayed by ~2-3 months, but I still believe that this game will be going to great places as it grows in the coming months.

CrimsonDawntracker
07-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Early August or i presume really really late August....well at least it isn't more than 2-3 months away but otherwise the following month which is great! Can't wait for the DLC now~

Arsenic_Touch
07-24-2013, 05:30 AM
You guyz complain to much this is a good thing that way they can work out the bugs on the new dlc

Except the wait has nothing to do with fixing bugs for the DLC, it's waiting on console certification. So do explain how the constant delays is a good thing?

And part of the thing with Rift is that it didn't have a whole lot going for it at launch or the first few months either.

Rift had a hell of a lot more going for it at launch than Defiance did.

sarazeff
07-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Do they mean early December ??
What a crock we have spent cash on this crap and they are having a good laugh all the way to the bank !!
The game is amazing what I mean by crap is the repeat and reuse of old content c'mon we want to move forward .
I do hope that they don't rip us off , and come up with the goods please Triton do the right thing :-)

Facade
07-24-2013, 09:59 AM

Of 2014
:)

sarazeff
07-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Lol yep and yet another re run of last seasons content lol. , ohh hang on there's no one to play :(