PDA

View Full Version : Strain Reducer Changed

Blight Wolf
07-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Has anyone else noticed that The Strain Reducer mod for infectors whent from +1 Burst to a Fire Rate X1.10?

Sledgehammer70
07-24-2013, 02:02 PM
This was an item address within patch 1.025.

-Fixed a bug where adding a Strain Reducer Mod to the Innoculator would reduce the amount of shots fired to one

Blight Wolf
07-24-2013, 02:14 PM
and now immunizers can no longer be full Auto. it was tested, mod changed immunizer once fully auto to burst again

NomadPhx
07-24-2013, 03:08 PM
i shall now return to freight yard since ya immunizer jockeys got kicked in the testicles lol.

so i guess now the question is: how long till the next ridiculous weapon/mod/perk combo surfaces?

Smoky
07-24-2013, 03:15 PM
i shall now return to freight yard since ya immunizer jockeys got kicked in the testicles lol.

so i guess now the question is: how long till the next ridiculous weapon/mod/perk combo surfaces?
If by ridiculous, you mean effective, then I say not long because the best players always gravitate to the best set ups.

NomadPhx
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
the best players get kills with pistols/snipers, weapons that require actual skill. not a rapid fire weapon that follows its targets with very little effort. in most games that would be considered a "noob tube". but i guess since the best go towards "the best" then everyone in freight yard was the best because thats all i ever saw in there....

Blight Wolf
07-24-2013, 04:02 PM
the best players get kills with pistols/snipers, weapons that require actual skill. not a rapid fire weapon that follows its targets with very little effort. in most games that would be considered a "noob tube". but i guess since the best go towards "the best" then everyone in freight yard was the best because thats all i ever saw in there....

Just means that everyone will now scramble for Cankers and Invaders. They Just have to get closer now

SickoSlayer
07-24-2013, 05:47 PM
they are fools. no matter what they nerf the end results in pvp will be the same. there will always be that op set up with op players. all they are doing is pissin off the poor players who cant afford to readapt. nerfing after delaying dlc lmfao. think much?

Orbital
07-24-2013, 05:49 PM
once the rest of the balances come I may pvp again, glad I have all my pursuits done.

fang1192
07-24-2013, 07:06 PM
If by ridiculous, you mean effective, then I say not long because the best players always gravitate to the best set ups.

In other games the best players actually have to aim AND have enemies they can see.

ThirstyBalboa
07-24-2013, 07:53 PM
it pretty much makes all the other infectors useless. Everyone cries about the pvp which is such a minute part of the game. Its just making the rest of the game not as much fun to play. lol i like his reason of it fixes the innoculator though lol, everyone knows it is because the pvp cry babies lol

fang1192
07-24-2013, 07:57 PM
it pretty much makes all the other infectors useless. Everyone cries about the pvp which is such a minute part of the game. Its just making the rest of the game not as much fun to play. lol i like his reason of it fixes the innoculator though lol, everyone knows it is because the pvp cry babies lol

Outbreaker, Infector, Canker, and Invader Infectors are not useless. Nvm the fact that it was a glitch.

Turantula
07-24-2013, 08:29 PM
The canker was better then the immunizer anyway lol. Besides if you think that just changing the burst mod is going to kill off the use of infectors your sadly mistaken. I put mine in retirement as im now having tons of fun with a green vbi assault rifle and my legendary wolverine :)

SickoSlayer
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Outbreaker, Infector, Canker, and Invader Infectors are not useless. Nvm the fact that it was a glitch.

what a noob comment lmfao......infector is and was always trash... invader well u can out walk a bug easy...any competent player can avoid them.... outbreaker and immun delay between shots are to long to combat most good gun types... cankers is only type worth using but you can just roll n roll n avoid the tic damage..it is what it is... the good players will just use next best n still kick ur whinny butts all the way back to the forums.

fang1192
07-24-2013, 08:57 PM
what a noob comment lmfao......infector is and was always trash... invader well u can out walk a bug easy...any competent player can avoid them.... outbreaker and immun delay between shots are to long to combat most good gun types... cankers is only type worth using but you can just roll n roll n avoid the tic damage..it is what it is... the good players will just use next best n still kick ur whinny butts all the way back to the forums.

I like how the "good" players are using homing weapons, among various other advantages, to begin with. Also, my response was with regards to PvE. The 4 infector variants i listed are fine in PvE. You know, with PvP being such a minute part of the game.

Smoky
07-24-2013, 10:42 PM
the best players get kills with pistols/snipers, weapons that require actual skill. not a rapid fire weapon that follows its targets with very little effort. in most games that would be considered a "noob tube". but i guess since the best go towards "the best" then everyone in freight yard was the best because thats all i ever saw in there....You're wrong there I'm afraid. You get your team of pistol/sniper wielding peons and I'll get my team of canker wielding peons, and I guarantee you that you'll lose by 8000.
The best players help their team. You help your team by using the most effective weapons and tactics that are implemented in the game.

SickoSlayer
07-24-2013, 11:27 PM
I like how the "good" players are using homing weapons, among various other advantages, to begin with. Also, my response was with regards to PvE. The 4 infector variants i listed are fine in PvE. You know, with PvP being such a minute part of the game.

this is a mmo shooter not COD....also even on shooters most all players use the most op guns they can.... you use what is the best set up or get wrecked. thats the rule for any game. i like the pve comment cuz thats not true either. ars lmgs subs ground pound clustershot.... those are the pve weapons of choice which all by far out kill infecters now and b4 nerf... im not hurt by the nerf im also not stupid enough to think they actually know how to balance this game correctly. this game was more fun b4 the shotty mag nerf... been down hill since and it shows just goto ur local gamestop n see how cheap the game is used. i invested alot into trion and it feels like for nothing but time will tell

Turantula
07-25-2013, 03:47 AM
this is a mmo shooter not COD....also even on shooters most all players use the most op guns they can.... you use what is the best set up or get wrecked. thats the rule for any game. i like the pve comment cuz thats not true either. ars lmgs subs ground pound clustershot.... those are the pve weapons of choice which all by far out kill infecters now and b4 nerf... im not hurt by the nerf im also not stupid enough to think they actually know how to balance this game correctly. this game was more fun b4 the shotty mag nerf... been down hill since and it shows just goto ur local gamestop n see how cheap the game is used. i invested alot into trion and it feels like for nothing but time will tell

I almost agree with this, but other shooters are a lot more balanced period. In COD, BF, Halo, Ghost recon you can use a crappy setup and still have a chance; granted you are out at a disadvantage, but its not so devistating you wont get kills. I dare anyone to choose ego power decoy, and a frc magnum or any other slow firing pistol (no flare) and go positive or even get a kill on observatory or waterfront going against a team of cloaked shotty/infector users. Good luck lmao.

topcatfish
07-25-2013, 08:57 AM
too many codites players playing this game
i isnt cod ,the amount of "im gonna get a big gun and hunt noobs"comments i hear.
they should just bring out a shield that has resistance to bugs,that will balance things out.
its the fact that once bugged you cant see to fire back and they find cloaked players.
bring a decent sniper rifle with a scope that has multi zoom and infectors will die out because you can shhot them fron a long way off

jbob spittlewop
07-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I think you're confusing skill with exploitation. Truly good players challenge themselves with new weapons and tactics, keeping themselves out of a comfort zone. If you think you're a good player and only use 3 or 4 weapons and the same tactics continuously, I've got news for you...

mclumpo
07-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Does this mean the saw nerf isnt coming?

SickoSlayer
07-25-2013, 01:17 PM
I think you're confusing skill with exploitation. Truly good players challenge themselves with new weapons and tactics, keeping themselves out of a comfort zone. If you think you're a good player and only use 3 or 4 weapons and the same tactics continuously, I've got news for you...

again this is a MMO SHOOTER not cod....are you dense? op gun with op stats should always be used if u got it...you sound like someone with no nice items.

Turantula
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
again this is a MMO SHOOTER not cod....are you dense? op gun with op stats should always be used if u got it...you sound like someone with no nice items.

Ok the whole let me hide behind this is an MMO therefore I can be a cheap player by using OP everything and call myself good argument is getting pretty old, this game is a shooter no matter how you slice it. What about this game stands out as an MMO? NOTHING! Sure its a big world, there are a lot of players, and its online, but bf3 conquest maps are also huge, have a lot of players, and is online. You are just basically concurring what everyone keeps saying, gear and weapons make you good not the actual player skill, and that's fine. A lot of folks just wont admit that and go with IM superior, not my gear is superior. I don't at all feel a certain way when I use cloak and sawed off a guy in the face, or use a canker that damn near kills a guy by the time he rolls off the DOT. I dont care when someone does the same to me either.( I may throw a couple of obscenities thier way but nothin personal) As of now PVP is a joke, there is no leader boards or
anything to even work towards after I get my echelon pursuit complete. They would need to do some massive tweaking to even make a leaderboard realistic, and even then out of top 50 at least 30 players will be hacks, glitchers, or some type of exploiter just like All other shooters.

jbob spittlewop
07-26-2013, 01:08 AM

A shooter is a shooter is a shooter. Do it right or don't do it at all.

DEFCON ONE
07-26-2013, 01:20 AM
If you guys don't like the way the guns are in the game, leave. Go play another game. This game has infectors and bmgs and shotguns...if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Turantula
07-26-2013, 02:17 AM
If you guys don't like the way the guns are in the game, leave. Go play another game. This game has infectors and bmgs and shotguns...if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And pistols and sub machine guns and detonators and sniper rifles and rocket launchers and assault rifles and lmg's.

Nikoli
07-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Oh my!!!!!

Turantula
07-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Lmao

10/char

Tekrunner
07-26-2013, 02:50 AM

Or we can give feedback and make suggestions to the devs so that they can improve the game. If they think that things are just fine and they don't want to change anything, okay, but how would they know what players like or don't like if people just left the game as soon as they hit something that displeases them?

Turantula
07-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Or we can give feedback and make suggestions to the devs so that they can improve the game. If they think that things are just fine and they don't want to change anything, okay, but how would they know what players like or don't like if people just left the game as soon as they hit something that displeases them?

Oh no! Anything but that! Feedback threatens the use of the crutch I have made for myself!

NomadPhx
07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
the shotguns and bmg's are fine, aside from the gun still doing damage after the user dies. if the needles flew straight like bullets then infectors would be better, but little homing missiles? this isnt ratchet and clank: tools of noobs lol