PDA

View Full Version : I was added to clan without my permision and can't leave it

DeadMike
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM
So I logged in today, went to a major arkfall, then shortly after saw a notice in the chat pane that I have joined a clan. I never got any kind of notice, it never asked me to confirm anything, I was just put in it. I opened up the clan chat and there were apparently a large number of other people asking the same question as me... "why the hell am I in some random clan I never asked to be in?" So I tried leaving using the chat commands I found (/clanquit, /clanleave, /gquit, /guildquit) but none of them worked. So I went to the social tab, and hit the button for leaving the guild, but apparently I am required to pay 5,000 scrip or it won't let me leave. Which I do not have at the moment, but that's neither here nor there because I shouldn't have to pay it anyway.

1 - Why is it that I can be added to a clan without even being asked to do so and without my confirmation?
2 - Why do I have to pay scrip to leave a clan (especially considering I never asked to be or wanted to be added in the first place?)

Atticus Batman
07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
You don't pay for leaving a clan, only for creating one. Sounds like you better go post on the bug report page, because everyone being thrown into a clan and NOT getting the option to leave it, but seeing the option to create a clan while still in a clan sounds like a BIG bug.

Flank
07-24-2013, 02:18 PM
No charge for leaving.. only creating.. happened to me several times, randomly.
The first time it happened.. people in the clan chat started greeting me, followed by
a " hey, how come we don't see any group/clan bonues/boosts??
You didn't pay your fee?".. ha.. pay a fee? To be in your clan?
Of 150+ members??. Seems Legit to me.. pfft..

Atticus Batman
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
No charge for leaving.. only creating.. happened to me several times, randomly.
The first time it happened.. people in the clan chat started greeting me, followed by
a " hey, how come we don't see any group/clan bonues/boosts??
You didn't pay your fee?".. ha.. pay a fee? To be in your clan?
Of 150+ members??. Seems Legit to me.. pfft.. Tell me about it. SOme clans insist you pay a fee but never tell you until you accidently join. Some also insist you change your gamer tag to have the clan initials in it. Not sure how it is on PS3 but on Xbox 360 we have to pay 10$ to change our gamer tag so that is NOT happening just to please a virtual clan.

DeadMike
07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah I realized now that the 5,000 scrip fee was for making a clan not leaving it. When I first went to the clan page it showed i was in the clan (I don't even know what clan it is now since I can't see that any more)

I hit the leave clan button, so now when I go to the clan page it shows the 5,000 scrip "create a clan" message, but I am still apparently in the clan, as the clan chat keeps popping up new messages from other people in the clan. I even restarted the game after leaving the clan but the clan chat keeps on rolling.

Blue MTS
07-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah I realized now that the 5,000 scrip fee was for making a clan not leaving it. When I first went to the clan page it showed i was in the clan (I don't even know what clan it is now since I can't see that any more)

I hit the leave clan button, so now when I go to the clan page it shows the 5,000 scrip "create a clan" message, but I am still apparently in the clan, as the clan chat keeps popping up new messages from other people in the clan. I even restarted the game after leaving the clan but the clan chat keeps on rolling.

The server sometimes takes forever to respond. Can always type /clanleave to double check that you left the clan.

Flank
07-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Tell me about it. SOme clans insist you pay a fee but never tell you until you accidently join. Some also insist you change your gamer tag to have the clan initials in it. Not sure how it is on PS3 but on Xbox 360 we have to pay 10$ to change our gamer tag so that is NOT happening just to please a virtual clan.

Yeah.. I have also been promised if I join a clan I will reap benefits of constant bonuses.
SmH.. "I don't need your handouts.. and then I threw 'their invite' on ground!"
Flank sings. Aside from that.. I just cant see the comradery in a 100+ member
Clan.. Do the founders know everyones name/gamer tag?
How do know if ALL your members are currently active and still have time to play?
Who does a 100+ member clan play against? Do you guys ever all in your
entirety, play together at the sametime? Pay dues? Ha.. I'll earn my the old fashion way.
By my self.. ha

DeadMike
07-24-2013, 04:49 PM
OK it just happened again with a different clan. It seems that any time someone sends me a clan invite, it's acting as if I accepted it even though I declined it. I guess I'll be turning on the auto-reject clan invites setting now lol

Flank
07-24-2013, 05:03 PM
OK it just happened again with a different clan. It seems that any time someone sends me a clan invite, it's acting as if I accepted it even though I declined it. I guess I'll be turning on the auto-reject clan invites setting now lol

Yes you could.. or you could spend 5k in scrip and sett up your own.
So when the shameless clan inviter see you in the "near by" player list
they will see you already have a clan. It is what I did to avoid
The constant spam..

DeadMike
07-24-2013, 05:16 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea lol

Skin
07-24-2013, 06:53 PM

This happened to me on PC as well. It was some scrub clan (if you can even call it a clan) doing random invites that I have declined on many occasions. I have a few friends that play already so we just started our own clan to prevent scrubs from inviting us again.

X64
07-24-2013, 07:05 PM
i believe /leaveclan is the word you're looking for if you accidentally clicked accept clan invite.

ten4
07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
It will randomly put you into a clan even if declined and has nothing to do with 'accidently' joining it. This is a bug.

Anyways, happened to me several times now: you have to wait until server restart and then first thing you do after logging in after one is to leave the clan then it should work.

After that, make your own clan so can't be ninja invited via a bug.

DeadMike
07-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Already turned off clan invites AND made my own clan... "double baggin' it", so to speak

Atticus Batman
07-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Yes you could.. or you could spend 5k in scrip and sett up your own.
So when the shameless clan inviter see you in the "near by" player list
they will see you already have a clan. It is what I did to avoid
The constant spam..

Good Idea, but some clans do NOT care. I have been bugged many times by clans saying they are a huge clan and I will ALWAYS get bonuses and if I love my clan so much I can bring them ALL with me to this bigger clan. I am sorry none of them ever seem interested in actually hanging out and doing things in game with me so why should I care if they are big and have lots of MOMMY'S money to spend?!