PDA

View Full Version : This game taught me how to play Borderlands

r2nddan
07-24-2013, 02:11 PM
So, I have had Borderlands 1 sitting in my hard drive for about a year. I tried playing it when i downloaded it and didn't like it because I didn't understand it.
Now, after having played Defiance since release, I turned it on last night. Now, I understand how to play and I love it.

Wow, what an awesome game with awesome guns. Anyone agree? Much better than this game.

Magick
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM
you forgot better perks/abilities , altho since you just started playing Borderlands you probably wouldnt know that.

SkyRocket
07-24-2013, 02:18 PM
So, I have had Borderlands 1 sitting in my hard drive for about a year. I tried playing it when i downloaded it and didn't like it because I didn't understand it.
Now, after having played Defiance since release, I turned it on last night. Now, I understand how to play and I love it.

Wow, what an awesome game with awesome guns. Anyone agree? Much better then this game.

Yep. Borderlands is an awesome game indeed.

A s0t
07-24-2013, 02:19 PM
roland is overpowered

did some 10 year old give you the invincible shield and modded shot gun yet

Havix
07-24-2013, 03:07 PM
roland is overpowered

Lol that is funny..I picked up playing borderlands 1 awhile back, like months ago and I got that damn shield from someone..stopped playing it again after I realized you couldn't progress if ya used that crap..but borderlands 1 and 2 are great game.

Xazur
07-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I played borderlands 1, but I didn't like the graphics much and nausia from playing it. I did get borderlands 2 aswell and yes, the game is good, with lots of weapons and stuff. I do think the weapon stuff is better than in Defiance, but too many variations make it a hassle of trying to see what is good. The thing I didn't like was that the characters were somewhat restrictive by skill point and what not. But lol, I played Borderlands 2 then moved on to Defiance, not the other way around.

Wtflag
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
I didn't buy Borderlands 2 because it is too easy to cheat. You can play for 1000 hours and at the end of the day be weaker than the guy who downloaded a trainer 3 hours into the game.

In defiance, at least everyone has to go though it (the newer player having more advantages part) and you are back on par or slightly stronger again after you cross the 4500 ego threshold.

r2nddan
07-24-2013, 04:30 PM
I played borderlands 1, but I didn't like the graphics much and nausia from playing it. I did get borderlands 2 aswell and yes, the game is good, with lots of weapons and stuff. I do think the weapon stuff is better than in Defiance, but too many variations make it a hassle of trying to see what is good. The thing I didn't like was that the characters were somewhat restrictive by skill point and what not. But lol, I played Borderlands 2 then moved on to Defiance, not the other way around.
Seems like the color of the gun makes a difference in Borderlands. So, if you get an epic, it's epic?:rolleyes:

r2nddan
07-24-2013, 04:45 PM
By the way, I'm on xbox so i can't download a trainer.

Espeon
07-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I love Borderlands 2.Defiance is just like borderlands but without the humor,and the whole first person thing.

PizzaPowers
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
By the way, I'm on xbox so i can't download a trainer.
no he means you get somebody to power level you and duplicate some pretty amazing weapons. lol

RedAvocado
07-24-2013, 04:53 PM

Wow, what an awesome game with awesome guns. Anyone agree? Much better then this game.

I'm glad we could help???

Solid Snake
07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
IF borderllands 2 was third person id play it.. I hate not being able to see my character at all during combat

r2nddan
07-24-2013, 05:15 PM
I like your attitude and sense of humor.
Don't get me wrong. I love your game and will buy all the DLC, but I"m ego 1500 and I'm bored. I hope you can fix your game, make the weapons more interesting and add more endgame. Seriously, best of luck.

ten4
07-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Yea, when I quit Defiance for 2 months and decided to catch up on all the BL2 DLCs; I found myself getting killed over and over. I think I lost around 300 mill in less than an hour lmao.

Basically: Defiance taught me a lot of bad habits when it comes to shooters since it's so absurbly easy compared to other SHOOTER titles.

edit. fixed for nit picky **** retentive types.

AmnesiaHaze
07-24-2013, 06:33 PM
borderlands is lacking an economy of trading and selling , you can copy or even create guns as you wish , the majority of the playerbase is exploiting , thats why i enjoy defiance alot because the saves are on server side , ill never go back to cheaterlands

ten4
07-24-2013, 06:38 PM
One thing I do not like about BL2 is the multi player FFA loot. I will never play multi player in BL2 again since 99.9% players are ninja looters who's only purpose is to rush to chests. If it had Defiance like looting mechanics, I would not even be here. BL2, to me, is better than Defiance in every aspect except when it comes to MP.

Gomly
07-24-2013, 07:16 PM
compared to other FPS titles.

I've found your problem.

You're comparing FPS strategy with this game which is a TPS.

Huge difference.

ten4
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM
I've found your problem.

You're comparing FPS strategy with this game which is a TPS.

Huge difference.

Should have said SHOOTERS. My bad.

*corrected orginal post*

p.s. please note that you can actually get TPS for BL2 on PC but it's a bit shady/risky. Search youtube and open your mind.

AmnesiaHaze
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
One thing I do not like about BL2 is the multi player FFA loot. I will never play multi player in BL2 again since 99.9% players are ninja looters who's only purpose is to rush to chests. If it had Defiance like looting mechanics, I would not even be here. BL2, to me, is better than Defiance in every aspect except when it comes to MP.

yes totally forgot bout ninja looting , but that was more a problem at the beginning later people just savegened anything they wanted even better stuff that could possible drop ingame

Omnifarious Xji
07-24-2013, 09:22 PM
roland is overpowered

did some 10 year old give you the invincible shield and modded shot gun yet So true it hurts.

A s0t
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
This cat is cool.

i figured they would have lock and deleted this thread, by now

Bentu
07-25-2013, 12:40 AM
roland is overpowered

LMAO although I shouldn't as modding screwed that game up on live.

Opus
07-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Actually, I picked up BL2 during the Steam sale and my friend (who's been MIA from Defiance for a little while) is playing along with me. It's great fun and does require more skill than Defiance. So far, so good. When I realized the keybindings were almost exactly the same, I was overly excited. I love all the kinds of weapons, but as someone pointed out, it's also harder to see what weapon is better/the best. But other than that, pretty cool. And a good way to kill time before the DLC.

Pandur
07-25-2013, 01:06 AM

Wow, what an awesome game with awesome guns. Anyone agree? Much better than this game.

Dunno i really liked borderlands 1 but i never could get into BL2.
Can't really put my finger on why though. Might have to do with the trying too hard humour.

Arsenic_Touch
07-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Actually starting to go back to borderlands because at least their was some variety to the loot system. Defiance should've had set values for each weapon type and randomized all of the base stats and the bonus stats so there was at least more variety to things. Instead you pretty much find the same thing over and over and over. They could've done the randomized stats and kept things in the same range as they are now and it would've made the system a lot more desirable and it wouldn't have messed with the horizontal progression.

Bentu
07-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Can't really put my finger on why though. Might have to do with the trying too hard humour.

There was definitely something that didn't follow over to BL2.

Bentu
07-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Actually starting to go back to borderlands because at least their was some variety to the loot system. Defiance should've had set values for each weapon type and randomized all of the base stats and the bonus stats so there was at least more variety to things. Instead you pretty much find the same thing over and over and over. They could've done the randomized stats and kept things in the same range as they are now and it would've made the system a lot more desirable and it wouldn't have messed with the horizontal progression.

The random gun parts made for some really crap finds in BL & BL2 more so in 2 but at least in Defiance you can see what you have and mod them accordingly.

Arsenic_Touch
07-25-2013, 02:50 AM
The random gun parts made for some really crap finds in BL & BL2 more so in 2 but at least in Defiance you can see what you have and mod them accordingly.

It also made for some very useful finds and gave variety to the loot and made you actually excited when you saw a blue, purple and orange. As if the current mod system is really that game changing and makes weapons unique? don't think so.

Myria
07-25-2013, 03:22 AM
I didn't buy Borderlands 2 because it is too easy to cheat. [...]

To be fair, early on blatant cheats were rampant in Defiance.

It has never really been clear to me whether that changed because they patched the major exploits (mostly too much being handled client-side, making cheating trivial to accomplish), players stopped caring if people cheat (although to be honest I haven't noticed the one-hit-kill stuff at major arkfalls in a while, I never really particularly cared either), the cheats got more subtle (unlikely), most of the kinds of people who cheat in games moved on (likely), or some combination thereof (probably the case).

Bentu
07-25-2013, 04:06 AM
It also made for some very useful finds and gave variety to the loot and made you actually excited when you saw a blue, purple and orange. As if the current mod system is really that game changing and makes weapons unique? don't think so.

Yes there are good guns but you have to sift through a lot of crap ones and now they have improved the loot drops with the loot midgets things are on the up.
But I feel they should of kept the BL1 guns with some more variety.
With the weapons in Defiance you know what you are going to get with their own perks and mods to add.
Not saying it is better just upfront.

Arsenic_Touch
07-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Yes there are good guns but you have to sift through a lot of crap ones and now they have improved the loot drops with the loot midgets things are on the up.
But I feel they should of kept the BL1 guns with some more variety.
With the weapons in Defiance you know what you are going to get with their own perks and mods to add.
Not saying it is better just upfront.

I'd rather wade through crap to find some gems, than get crap up front. :P

Bentu
07-25-2013, 04:12 AM
I'd rather wade through crap to find some gems, than get crap up front. :P

I do see your point thats why I prefer the BL1 guns.

Veld
07-25-2013, 04:19 AM
I enjoyed BL 1 more than 2 i have to confess. As someone pointed out earlier, they just went to try-hard with the humor in 2. In 1 Claptrap was bearable and even occasionally humorous, in 2 however he was just irritating. They also took the bazillion guns thing into the realm of stupid with 2.

But i prefer the classes from 2 to 1's and Krieg quickly became my go to guy. Nothing like smashing yourself in the head with a buzzaxe mid-fight and screaming at yourself to get out (of your own head) - Surprised the arkhunter's not doing similar with the way EGO carries on - especially with the damn adv weaponry...

GaryStormtrooper
07-25-2013, 05:33 AM
I love BL and BL2 and have spent may hours on there with my friend. I am trying to get him to play Defiance, but now that I have live, he wants to keep playing BL2. I am unsure which to do because I like the leveling system in BL2, I don't understand it in Defiance yet. But hopefully I get him to play soon!

Bentu
07-25-2013, 06:04 AM
New level cap in BL2 due this autumn so you have plenty to do to get all your characters up to 72.

thejx4
07-25-2013, 07:22 AM

They basically said "hey, let's really not truly focus on improving the gameplay, and just add more weapon variety so we can advertise the living **** out of that"

The classes are really stupid compared to the originals too. Except maybe the sniper who was useless as hell.
And let's not forget getting the guy from Destructoid to be the writer. BL1's magic was also due to the game being original, and the mystery within the story itself. Who really saw any of the **** in the last half of the game coming? Things got really weird.

N3gativeCr33p
07-25-2013, 07:46 AM
I enjoyed BL 1 more than 2 i have to confess.

Nice to see I'm not the only one out there who thinks this way.

Remag Div
07-25-2013, 07:48 AM

What was hard to understand? lol

Bentu
07-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Nice to see I'm not the only one out there who thinks this way.

There's quite a few of us who feel that way.

r2nddan
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
What was hard to understand? lol

All the guns and colors, leveling, getting vehicles, contracts/missions....etc.....
Remember, I downloaded it and didn't know what it was about.
Hard to explain. I guess....

A s0t
07-25-2013, 03:16 PM
All the guns and colors, leveling, getting vehicles, contracts/missions....etc.....
Remember, I downloaded it and didn't know what it was about.
Hard to explain. I guess....
borderlands guide:
get a gun, then get a better gun
get a shield, then find a better shield.
go to the green diamond and kill every thing, or search the area
! <~~ above a npc is missions
rinse and repeat till credits

side note: don't join games! let people into yours to avoid the kyii glitch (xbox)