PDA

View Full Version : Weapon rarity - How does it work?

Johan1973
07-24-2013, 04:02 PM
I get that the colours means the weapons are more rare, but there seems to be very little difference between them? A blue or green weapon, may be as good as a magneta or orange as far as I can see? The only difference I can see is the cost in resources when you add a modslot or reset weapon mastery.

Is there any other difference that would make you want to "upgrade" to a more rare item?

piercehead
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Base stats on all weapons will be the same, whatever the rarity or EGO level of the weapon. At its most basic, the rarity increases the chance/amount of bonus stats on a weapon, and the amount of bonus applied when maxing it out (weapon mastery bonus).

For example a white weapon will have no innate bonus, a green of the same level may have 1 innate bonus (e.g. .90 reload), a blue may have 2, purple 3, orange 4. Also rarer weapons are more likely to have a nano to go along with the bonuses. This is not always the case, and varies a lot as you level up. You will see patterns in both the stuff you loot and vendor-bought items as you level up.

The general advice is once you start to see purple weapons with good bonuses and all slots unlocked (around 1600-2000 EGO), grab them while you can cause you won't see them again for some time.

X64
07-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Higher rarity = higher weapon xp cap, +1 attribute per tier from white. No difference in base damage.

It could also mean more expensive to use ark salvage with per higher tier.

DeadMike
07-24-2013, 08:08 PM
This topic goes over the different types and amounts of bonuses you can get with different weapon rarities.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99055-Mav-s-Guide-to-Weapon-Bonus-Rolls-and-More

Valethar
07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
It could also mean more expensive to use ark salvage with per higher tier.

It's definitely more expensive for higher tier weapons.

The 'white' VBI Firestorm AR costs about 1k to reset the XP. The 'purple' VBI XAR 22 you get from Nolan costs 10k to reset. Neither have EGO levels.

crasher
07-24-2013, 10:46 PM
It's definitely more expensive for higher tier weapons.

The 'white' VBI Firestorm AR costs about 1k to reset the XP. The 'purple' VBI XAR 22 you get from Nolan costs 10k to reset. Neither have EGO levels.
My oranges are 25K to reset.