PDA

View Full Version : Dont want scopes on everything!!

jtzako
07-24-2013, 04:36 PM
I really dont like having a scope on certain types of weapons. For example, my AR and Shotty are almost unusable for me if I put on a scope due to complete loss of field of view.

It seems the only option is to go without a scope completely but then also lose out on the scope stats.

I'd love to see another type of 'sight' that either just enhances the iron sights or is something along the lines of a red dot or holo sight that doesnt zoom and keeps the same visibility of the area as the iron sights.

MartyrMarcus
07-24-2013, 04:44 PM
You'll be happy to know a lot of people agree with you. You'll be even happier to know that a Dev has posted on this and told us that we are getting scope mods that aren't going to be scopes.

Take a look here. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98927-Upcoming-Sight-Mods-Changes

Hobothesis
07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
i've put scopes on shotty, and its still just aim down sight. They are supposed to just tighten the spread or something. Maybe a scope on one that fires a slug or something, but I havn't seen a scope zoom in on shotties. Then again, I probably only use the hipspread one, and scopes on 99% of shotguns are pointless IMO.

WhiteGoblin
07-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Heck, just replacing the scope for a laser sight on some guns would be pretty awesome.

Then again.... a homing device for wolfhounds to never miss the crit area would be useful too. :rolleyes:

crasher
07-24-2013, 10:15 PM
i've put scopes on shotty, and its still just aim down sight. They are supposed to just tighten the spread or something. Maybe a scope on one that fires a slug or something, but I havn't seen a scope zoom in on shotties. Then again, I probably only use the hipspread one, and scopes on 99% of shotguns are pointless IMO.
I put a blue 'Hipspread' on one of two shotguns I have with the same beginning stats. Stat on hipspread scope says: Aim (-) 0.30.

Now when I compare the two shotguns I had had with the same stats - the modded stat is red next to the unmodded shotgun that had the same beginning stats. Unmodded shotgun has accuracy = 12, Hipspread modded shotgun has accuracy = 11.7 (in red).

I'm thinking this is *not* a good thing to end up with.