PDA

View Full Version : Questions from new player.

Aicus
07-24-2013, 08:32 PM
I already reset the exp for my smg for like 4-5 times but don't see any increase in stats. So what is the point of resetting weapon exp?

Also, what is the difference between the lock boxes besides the number of items? Any difference with the chance to obtain higher quality item?

Orbital
07-24-2013, 08:49 PM
If you don't reset the weapon, you gain no more weapon exp from killing stuff. If it is white or green, it is pretty cheap to reset. If you have a stockpile of that type of weapon, you may be better off just salvaging it though. It depends on if you have a decent green or blue with stats/nano that you like. Lock boxes of higher tier raise your chances of getting better quality items, although even with T4 you will get many blues and some greens.

Aicus
07-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the clarifications.

Are those modifiers we got after filling up the weapon exp random? As far as I can see it looks like they are specific to the weapon type used.

Also, I remember when I start the game new, there is a gun that has 2 tiers of weapon exp, as in I only need to reset the weapon exp after filling it up 2 times but every single weapon I collected now only has 1 bar, is that a bug or something?

Tekrunner
07-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Are those modifiers we got after filling up the weapon exp random? As far as I can see it looks like they are specific to the weapon type used.

They're random, but they're selected from a pool that depends on the weapon type. So for example a detonator can get a mastery bonus to full damage radius, but other weapon types can't get that, as that wouldn't make sens.