PDA

View Full Version : I love my purp northstar flare

Hobothesis
07-24-2013, 09:56 PM
has assassin syn, i don't have any mods for it. Slapped a +8 mag on it and now I'm just running getting 2.2k+ crits plus with every shot. Odd how it leads to the left, but just about every shot I pull off its a crit(mouse aiming helps here)

So anyone still on the fence, slap a larger mag and have fun. Even if you miss, the burn damage does like 1.1k dmg in itself lol.

crasher
07-24-2013, 10:02 PM
has assassin syn, i don't have any mods for it. Slapped a +8 mag on it and now I'm just running getting 2.2k+ crits plus with every shot. Odd how it leads to the left, but just about every shot I pull off its a crit(mouse aiming helps here)

So anyone still on the fence, slap a larger mag and have fun. Even if you miss, the burn damage does like 1.1k dmg in itself lol.
The thing is a monstah with syphon nano.

Hobothesis
07-24-2013, 10:07 PM
sadly i don't have any nano on it =(

KBob
07-24-2013, 10:13 PM
The thing is a monstah with syphon nano.

I like the gun .. one of those I used back in time to go through nim (I was ego 400 or so ). Unfortunately the one I have now doesn't have 1.15 crit off the bat .. but even w/o it it still rocks :)

X64
07-24-2013, 10:38 PM
It's my 4th of July Gun. I have an orange Northstar Flare with 25 rounds on it. other stats don't matter, I just want a gun for party favors. ;)

Rakshasa
07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Quirky to use and takes practice to master, but oh so very, very worth it. Stack a couple of crit bonuses and a nice mag with almost any nano, and you're in for some serious fun.

Wtflag
07-24-2013, 11:09 PM
I have one with x0.9 reload, syphon, x1.04 damage and 10% ego recharge.

Was trying to sell it for 100K but in the end I decided to keep.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?103801-NA-Lucifer-s-Store

In a solo area, any non-elites are basically OHKOed with a single crit headshot and syphon trigger or if not, the fire proc.

It is really fun to see how many guys, at the same time, I can set up to do the fire dance before they die.

Atticus Batman
07-25-2013, 12:25 AM
they are fun

Reichlyn
07-25-2013, 04:35 AM
Edit: wrong post

Deikon
07-25-2013, 04:36 AM
I have one with x0.9 reload, syphon, x1.04 damage and 10% ego recharge.

Was trying to sell it for 100K but in the end I decided to keep.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?103801-NA-Lucifer-s-Store

In a solo area, any non-elites are basically OHKOed with a single crit headshot and syphon trigger or if not, the fire proc.

It is really fun to see how many guys, at the same time, I can set up to do the fire dance before they die.

Yeessss! ^^^. Having a syphon one and an electric one, I loved using those on afflicted sieges. Man, you could set ten or more on fire at a time if you timed it right. Oh how I miss those times. Now, I settle for the afflicted emergencies and entice them to rush me in mass.....light em up!

Maitreakow
07-25-2013, 05:34 AM
It's my 4th of July Gun. I have an orange Northstar Flare with 25 rounds on it. other stats don't matter, I just want a gun for party favors. ;)

25?!?!

I thought my syphon with 13 rounds was nice. How did you manage 25, get one with a +12 round bonus to start?

Indra Echo
07-25-2013, 06:36 AM

Any flare with a nano is great. I have an orange radiation one with a +8 mag bonus. I will be adding an additional + mag to it, probably the +12 that I have. I love this flare and it does take some getting used to to aim and hit, since it doesn't have the spash damage some other weapons have. See, Immunizer, you have to aim it at a target and hit the target with it.

Indra Echo
07-25-2013, 06:37 AM
25?!?!

I thought my syphon with 13 rounds was nice. How did you manage 25, get one with a +12 round bonus to start?

That would be the only way.

Oh and I do have a syphon purple one along with my orange and I've heard that one with the added incendiary nano can be a beast as well.

theLimper
07-25-2013, 07:27 AM
I just mentioned yesterday that it'd be fun to shoot it out of a turret on a vehicle screaming Jurassic park quotes bwahaha
Got my baby pimped with incendiary nano.

Jimmy Dogg
07-25-2013, 07:44 AM
I've got a beauty legendary flare gun

Nano is syphon
Synergy is brutal, I just put 2 brutal mods on it cos that's all I wanted for the 15% melee damage.
Xp mastery is x0.75 recoil, which makes aiming so much easier cos it goes a lot lower instead of looping.
+4 mag
15 % grenade on kill
+8 mag

I love it

cusman
07-25-2013, 09:22 AM

I have a Level III Expanded Magazine that is Assassin Synergy that I just put in my Assassin Wolverine yesterday. That would be a +12 magazine I think with the Assassins +2% critical multiplier on your Purple Northstar...

I have two Blue Northstars that I use. Both Quartermaster with 2 and 1 Quartermaster Synergy Mods respectively. The one with two of the mods is a Fire + Syphon (+4 mag bonus). The one with one of the mods is a Fire + Toxic (+4 mag bonus).

What Nano does your purple Northstar have?

KjcKiesh
07-25-2013, 10:20 AM
I managed to get a Green with +4 mag and syphon, was pretty pleased with my new toy, burn baby burn. =D
At one point I actually managed to syphon myself by shooting at the ground with it, so I lost shield to burning but got it back through syphon...

Hobothesis
07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I have a Level III Expanded Magazine that is Assassin Synergy that I just put in my Assassin Wolverine yesterday. That would be a +12 magazine I think with the Assassins +2% critical multiplier on your Purple Northstar...

I have two Blue Northstars that I use. Both Quartermaster with 2 and 1 Quartermaster Synergy Mods respectively. The one with two of the mods is a Fire + Syphon (+4 mag bonus). The one with one of the mods is a Fire + Toxic (+4 mag bonus).

What Nano does your purple Northstar have?

It sadly doesn't have a nano, but it works fine w/o one. I'm sure a nano would help and only help vs elites or larger as everything else dies in 1 shot.

Rakshasa
07-25-2013, 08:40 PM
At one point I actually managed to syphon myself by shooting at the ground with it, so I lost shield to burning but got it back through syphon...

Yeah, that's the one thing you do kind of have to watch. I remind myself not to have it armed when I'm at vendors, due to that little blip that happens sometimes where the menu switches just as you're clicking and you unintentionally fire off a shot. My elec nano flare went off point-blank and proc'ed to basically EMP me as it set me ablaze. Stop, Drop, and Roll kept me alive, but it's hard to look cool after that happens. :o

X64
07-25-2013, 09:21 PM
25?!?!

It's a double bonus + a expanded clip. ;) Remember it's an orange. :)

* * * E P I C F I R E W O R K S * * *

piercehead
07-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Xp mastery is x0.75 recoil, which makes aiming so much easier cos it goes a lot lower instead of looping.

It's a beautiful gun but don't kid yourself, the recoil makes zero difference. Recoil happens after the shot is fired and as there's so much time between shots by the time you fire the 2nd shot the crosshair is already level again.

Maitreakow
07-26-2013, 04:41 AM
It's a double bonus + a expanded clip. ;) Remember it's an orange. :)

* * * E P I C F I R E W O R K S * * *

Annnnd now I am all jelly