PDA

View Full Version : PC servers need a reboot

Valethar
07-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Doesn't seem to be a 'tech' forum for the English language (Someone forget something? The other languages have one...) so I'll put this here.

PC NA server is having a bad evening. It's dropping connection frequently, mobs are teleporting and rubberbanding (I saw some afflicted walking in the sky at one point O.o) and I cannot use the 'interact' key to enter missions, open ammo crates or pick up drops.

Did someone fall asleep and start drooling into the server or something? :eek:

EDIT: Now I can't get into the game at all. It hangs at 'connecting to server'.

GiantInMaine
07-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Ps3 is the same way I couldn't do anything. Chat was messed up couldn't fast travel couldn't text chat it's totally unplayable.

ten4
07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Holy lag. It's unbelievable.

I just got booted from my car and then it drove off by itself lmao.

GiantInMaine
07-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Holy lag. It's unbelievable.

I just got booted from my car and then it drove off by itself lmao.

lol that makes me want to get back on so I can try it out. Screw that though.

Also is it just me or is this website laggy as hell right now too?

Valethar
07-24-2013, 10:27 PM
lol that makes me want to get back on so I can try it out. Screw that though.

Also is it just me or is this website laggy as hell right now too?

It is. I was also having lag issues in the game. Opening the character screen took about 10-15 seconds at one point, before it would populate the page with anything other than empty boxes.

Krael
07-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Can't log in either, website is failing to load 75% of the time.

ten4
07-24-2013, 10:33 PM
They being DoS'd or sumthin?

JamminKillR
07-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Ya I cant get in either............and the site is uuuuubbbbbbbbeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr slow too.

crasher
07-24-2013, 10:35 PM
My inventory and loadouts were completely empty.

I have 216 inv spots (+/-) so this is an issue for me. I restarted, entered my password and it sat on that screen for 2 minutes....

Inventory appears there, loadouts are still empty, and my boost clock is ticking the seconds away.....

My guess is that Trion is chalking this up to another successful patch.

mikeel
07-24-2013, 10:36 PM
You we're deceived !. You thought this game was running smoothly playing your game cuddled up next to your keyboard.. Finally ! Untill now we have returned !.

JamminKillR
07-24-2013, 10:38 PM
I almost expected to see a MwahahahaahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......... after that!! lol

Arsenic_Touch
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I could've sworn there was a technical forum for the English forums at one point, no idea why it was removed. Then again as far as I recall they weren't really responding to it.

GiantInMaine
07-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Every other game I have played if something like this happened there would almost instantly be something on the forums at least saying they're working on it. I hate the lack of communication at trion sometimes.

Edit: All the time..

ten4
07-24-2013, 10:44 PM
No one to take notice, they are sleeping.

GiantInMaine
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
No one to take notice, they are sleeping.

Yeah they sleep more than most people I think.

Valethar
07-24-2013, 10:47 PM
I could've sworn there was a technical forum for the English forums at one point, no idea why it was removed. Then again as far as I recall they weren't really responding to it.

I think the forums were lagging hardcore for a while. The Bug report section is showing again for me, but earlier this evening it wasn't up there. Just the patch notes and server status sections were visible. It didn't occur to me at the time that the server issues with the game may be affecting the forums too. :confused:

Cronax
07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
I just logged in and instead of my character, I was playing some random brand new character. In the starting area. Its name is the same as my email address! So weird. And one of my 4 characters has disappeared :(

Arsenic_Touch
07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Every other game I have played if something like this happened there would almost instantly be something on the forums at least saying they're working on it. I hate the lack of communication at trion sometimes.

Edit: All the time..

Pretty much around 12 pm eastern until about 6-7 pm eastern they will post, after that they got radio silence. (assume they are even posting in the first place) It's about the same time the mods themselves are active, because like from midnight until noon, the spam bots are rampant and the mods are no where to be found.

Last night was a fluke where the new executive producer was posting after midnight, was surprised. Doubt will see more of it, but we'll see.

ten4
07-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Well no point continuing on. Expect emergency down time and most probably a roll back.

Krael
07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WpeEGqB.png

Omnifarious Xji
07-24-2013, 10:57 PM
This is the lag that made me quit the game, it started when the sieges were first implemented. Game hasn't been playable for me since.

GiantInMaine
07-24-2013, 10:57 PM
So they threw the only smart guy out the window that explains a lot.

This is the lag that made me quit the game, it started when the sieges were first implemented. Game hasn't been playable for me since.

This is different it's way worse tonight then it has ever been.

Valethar
07-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I wonder if they have fall damage there. :eek:

http://i.imgur.com/WpeEGqB.png

Arsenic_Touch
07-24-2013, 10:59 PM
I wonder if they have fall damage there. :eek:

Nope. Immersion is the devil.

Omnifarious Xji
07-24-2013, 11:00 PM
So they threw the only smart guy out the window that explains a lot.

This is different it's way worse tonight then it has ever been.Sounds about the same as what I had. 10-15 second menu lag that results in a boot from the server. Blank inventory with self driving vehicle and all. All symptoms I experienced during the sieges.

Omnifarious Xji
07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Nope. Immersion is the devil.
That's right, momma said immersion is the devil!

Acidon
07-24-2013, 11:16 PM
I have had some bad luck lately, as you all have, when trying to play. Tonight I can't even get connected to the server. My son was here for 3 weeks and we only got to play together 3 times. Granted part of that was playing other games and official downtime for Defiance.

I can't but wonder if this is related to the huge lag problem with NA Rift servers. Maybe this has already been dispelled, but it makes me think there's some server sharing going on.

At any rate, I would just like to log in and play. Just like the most interesting man in the world..

http://www.rokzon.com/1m4g3s/notabletoplaydefiance.jpgB

GlennOC
07-25-2013, 12:29 AM
I logged in fine.. my brother next to me is not able to log in on his machine. Oh well. Not playing again tonight.

TwwiX
07-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Stuck on "Connecting to servers". Looks like they laid off their maintenance crew too.

neko_gunner
07-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Maybe the patch was a such a successful bug fix that it spread like wildfire and people suddenly all logged in and effectively DOS'd the server? :cool:

Iceberg
07-25-2013, 02:50 AM

It was a stealth nerf.