PDA

View Full Version : Soo hackers?

King Fox
07-25-2013, 11:36 PM
It seems people may be hacking, I'm not the leading authority on this subject or anything but I would think if you unload a full clip from a shot gun into a player they should die right? Also head shots repetitively? And one shot kills from pistols.....I could be wrong and the players that seem like they are hacking could just be "omg so good" but it seems a little unlikely. Has any one else had any of these problems?

Strontium Dog
07-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Ah I see you've met our PvP department.

Client side stats and damage are asking for the ***** to hack, and Trion dont give a flying ***** about it

Tekrunner
07-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Ah I see you've met our PvP department.

Client side stats and damage are asking for the ***** to hack, and Trion dont give a flying ***** about it

The 1.010 patch (where some hard checks on client-side values were added) and the people who were banned for hacking would like to have a word with you.

People can be very durable with the right set of perks and a syphon weapon. Bolt action sniper rifles have a pretty vicious bug that happens with certain combinations of perks and / or bonuses, where headshots show damage numbers but don't actually do anything to the enemy. A one-shot kill from a pistol is not really possible, but if you have a bad build, a two-shot kill is.

The only hack that I suspect is being used by some is a radar / ESP. But it's been a long while since I have last met anyone dealing crazy damage or taking very little.

In any case, if you have serious doubts about someone, report them to Trion. Whenever they get enough reports about a certain player, they check if the person is doing anything wrong. But please don't waste their time reporting someone who just uses a strategy you don't understand.

Samyaza
07-26-2013, 04:42 PM
There is a less damage from behind perk, hp regen perk, general damage reduction perk, hp up perk, as well as others including shields with over 1800 armor.

I just hope they do not put punkbuster or freaken the autoban in DayZ....

x.x punkbuster.... if your a modern warfare 3 player is a anti hack system that never installs correctly aka gl trying to play...

And the DayZ hacker checker, literally autobans everyone that even sneezes in game

Naravus
07-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Infestation now has PB as well. I literally drop from a server when it has 20+ people every 5 minutes. Trion, if you read this, don't use PB. Ever.

In regards to super damage and whatnot, I pvp daily and haven't run into issues like that for a long while. I have encountered the no damage with snipers and things with scope mods before though. For me it was generated from the % crit from hipfiring perk.

Strontium Dog
07-29-2013, 02:53 AM
The 1.010 patch (where some hard checks on client-side values were added) and the people who were banned for hacking would like to have a word with you.

People can be very durable with the right set of perks and a syphon weapon. Bolt action sniper rifles have a pretty vicious bug that happens with certain combinations of perks and / or bonuses, where headshots show damage numbers but don't actually do anything to the enemy. A one-shot kill from a pistol is not really possible, but if you have a bad build, a two-shot kill is.

The only hack that I suspect is being used by some is a radar / ESP. But it's been a long while since I have last met anyone dealing crazy damage or taking very little.

In any case, if you have serious doubts about someone, report them to Trion. Whenever they get enough reports about a certain player, they check if the person is doing anything wrong. But please don't waste their time reporting someone who just uses a strategy you don't understand.

PvP is still hackfest just read forums. Its a joke.

X64
07-29-2013, 03:08 AM
I bet CheatEngine could still get into this thing. lol@hex editors for PvP fake glory.

koldmiser
07-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah, played my first game of PvP yesterday. That will probably be my last for a while as well. What an absolute joke! I thought BlackOps 2 was bad. So far it's the only thing I've found in this game I don't like.

twitch reflex
07-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Infestation now has PB as well. I literally drop from a server when it has 20+ people every 5 minutes. Trion, if you read this, don't use PB. Ever.

In regards to super damage and whatnot, I pvp daily and haven't run into issues like that for a long while. I have encountered the no damage with snipers and things with scope mods before though. For me it was generated from the % crit from hipfiring perk.
Ive been doing PvP almost everyday since the game came out and I have only run into a hacker once but that was in the first two weeks of the game release. Most people who havent tried all the perk combinations and dont understand them think ohters are hacking but thats not the case. I though in the begining also that their were a lot of hackers until I figured out what they were using. Also some legendary weapons get really good bonuses like 12% more damage from above and 45% movement speed on reload.

twitch reflex
07-29-2013, 11:27 AM

You could be right because they cant put anything on the internet that isn't true. I learned that on the internet.

The forums have unproven accusation of people hacking. There is a lot of perks and weapon bonuses that make people look like their hacking but they are not. You can just inspect to see what they are using and most of them if you ask will tell you and help you equip better stuff.

chilipino
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
The sad thing is that if you want to hack and get away with it there are ways to do it. Even people who post videos of themselves can still be using a smooth-aim aimbot (not accusing anyone... just saying it's easily doable).

Now why people go to such lengths is beyond me. You don't get anything more other than (unearned) bragging rights. It's better to just not take PvP too seriously and just use it as a means to level up your pursuit EGO and contract rep.

Heinzlee
07-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Though I totally agree with you - the fact that it's not understood is why hacking it over reported.
Catch 22 situation.

Heinzlee
07-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Yeah, played my first game of PvP yesterday. That will probably be my last for a while as well. What an absolute joke! I thought BlackOps 2 was bad. So far it's the only thing I've found in this game I don't like.

What was wrong with it?

proto omega
07-29-2013, 11:59 PM
PVP in this game should not be considered competitive nor any bragging rights should be earned by any fault until this game improves and has some sort of working matchmaking program and better pvp scenarios/maps. Until then, go flip some burgers and earn some bread bud.

Heinzlee
07-30-2013, 12:13 AM
The sad thing is that if you want to hack and get away with it there are ways to do it. Even people who post videos of themselves can still be using a smooth-aim aimbot (not accusing anyone... just saying it's easily doable).

Now why people go to such lengths is beyond me. You don't get anything more other than (unearned) bragging rights. It's better to just not take PvP too seriously and just use it as a means to level up your pursuit EGO and contract rep.

Back when I was younger and playing Counter Strike a lot, I installed some hacks because people kept accusing me of hacking.
Figured if I was going to be called out on it regardless, I might as well take a look see at what they do. Work out why ppl say i'm hacking.

Once I installed hacks, I stopped getting accused of cheating.
Had to start playing dumb on purpose to avoid getting caught.
It just felt stupid overall and the game was no longer fun.

Got rid of the hacks, starting playing my best again, and the hackusations started occuring again.
Those were the days.

No hackusations yet in Defiance.
But then again, it's the first PvP I've been doing regularly since CS 1.6!!!

I have no idea if there are any radar hacks available for Defiance.
But it's something I got called out for in CS when I wasn't using hacks.

Eventually, I was able to make educated guesses on where enemies would be by looking at the radar.
For my favorite maps, I was eventually able superimpose the map layout over the dots to work out where your team are.
Radar was just a simple circle.
Combined with the fairly predictable flow each map had, I could work out which choke points our team had lost and guess the likely path they would take. I could eventually do that with a glance.

I can't do this yet in Defiance - even with the more detailed map. But just highlighting that there are players out there that can extract more information from what the game is showing than either of us. There are players that can land headshots and kill opponents by reflex before consciously registering the action. I know because I've done it more than a few times back in my prime. Way past it now... but there are players like that out there.

Though realistically, I doubt there are many players of that calibre in Defiance since they're probably playing dedicated PvP games. But there are some scary good players out there.

chilipino
07-30-2013, 12:42 AM
I miss CS 1.5. CS 1.6 nerfed my awp/deagle quickswitch >:[

I know what you mean about match flow. It was such a great feeling being in that "zone" where you're practically working off instinct and anticipation. It's kinda cool how you can get so locked-in in such a way as an athlete can in his/her respective sport. But alas, I'm all washed up now :P

And yes, there are definitely radar and smooth-aim/humanized aimbots for Defiance. They are not hard to find thanks to our good friends over at Google headquarters.

OverDoneOne
07-30-2013, 02:37 AM

I played pvp only once and won't ever play it again entill I hear it has been cleaned up of the BS that happens there

And it isn't just pvp, doin an arkfall the other day some player was spamin the area chat with you all stink your terrible you can't do anything and just suc and I had a feeling of what was coming and it did at the final stat screen this player was second with 17 kills and number one had 69 kills, that less than 3 times the kills of number one and the kicker was mister mouth's ego lvl was ONLY 245 not even anywhere near to any full boosts let alone any real perks either