07-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Okay so price of game drops to $20 for console and $10
on PC. While a part of me is excited for the new players
that will hopefully flood the game.. Another part of me is
upset. I payed $60 for my copy. While I have a love / hate
relationship with the game ( mostly love) as should be with
Good games, I can't for the life of me understand why the cost
would drop 66% on consoles.. and even more on PC, only
4 months after the Release. Increasing player base is good.
Adds to game life over all.. reducing the price to almost a give
away to do so???.. you now have to sell 3 copies for the company
To make the same GP? This tactic scares me. It frightens the
exsistence of a game I have love to play.
I paid $60 and you paid $20.. no biggie.
I have bought bits (over $100) to support game.. no biggie
Game dissappears before 2nd season. BIGGIE
I hope the sale brings an plethora of new hunters that will
Sustain the exsistence of The Bay Area.

Krauser
07-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I know how you feel. The price drop doesn't make me feel ripped off as much as it makes me worry that the game is dying. As much as this game pisses me off because of it's flaws, I do really like it. I was hopeful that the new guy would turn things around, but now I'm doubtful. It's too bad, this game had so much potential.

Flank
07-26-2013, 02:12 PM
I know how you feel. The price drop doesn't make me feel ripped off as much as it makes me worry that the game is dying. As much as this game pisses me off because of it's flaws, I do really like it. I was hopeful that the new guy would turn things around, but now I'm doubtful. It's too bad, this game had so much potential.

Yes. Yes. Yes. And not sure about new guy. As I have no interest in him, except for his success. Well he is kind of cute. :o
This game teaches that the value of an item is only determined by the amount the individual is willing to pay.
As that would help the company survive, I would hope that people would be willing to pay more then $20 or $10 for this game.
However if keeping the game alive means to flood the market with a huge price reduction 4 months after release?..
By getting new players.. I am down. It just frightens the hell out of me. I hooe I don't wake up 1 day and get the message
That the server went AWOL

hey u
07-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Well with the TON of problems so far if they kept it at 59.99 there would be people out in the streets with pitchforks rioting

Flank
07-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Well with the TON of problems so far if they kept it at 59.99 there would be people out in the streets with pitchforks rioting

I understand your point and prediction. I also am a big fan of rioting. Pitchforks? Eh.. not so much.
However this is a thread of neither. It is one of hope and / or desperation. Other threads here on the
forums that pertain to your topics.

hey u
07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I have put so much money into this game from me buying it for 5 of my friends who were poor on the 360. Me buying it on the 360 all for 59.99. I got 5 people I use to know to buy it also at 59.99 with maybe like 400+ bucks maybe around there in buying armor and stuff I have so in the end my only hope was they would work out the bugs faster in this game.

I just got a Ps3 I also just bought it on Ps3 for ha 59.99 before the drop and the pitchfork me just lol about thinking of all this kind of a inner lol right now I have

Forgot season pass on 360 as well as on Ps3

So with my calculations I have made Defiance around 1200 dollars somewhere in that area

Soren
07-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Eh, I found the $60 to be worth it at the time and I wouldn't change my purchase in hindsight.

I'm going out on a limb here, but possibly they reduced the price because lowering the entry fee will help get more people into the game. And when the first DLC releases, there will be a lot of new things on the cash shop to buy, so they'll be able to gain most of their revenue from the cash shop rather than relying on higher entry prices. I'm guessing the game will go F2P by the time Season 2 rolls around just to make sure anyone who wants to try out the game can (and by then all 5 DLC are supposed to be out, with additions to the cash shop included with each DLC content update from what they last said was the plan at least).

The game obviously has had some issues in comparison to RIFT, which also saw price drops in the first few months (though they didn't permanently go down to such a low price until over a year later I think), but I think the point of it is primarily to lower the entry bar for reasons I already said. Whether that's good or bad, I guess we'll see how it pays off in the coming months.

Flank
07-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Saw this when I went to buy a psn card (for bits).. this what I saw.. :(

Flank
07-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Eh, I found the $60 to be worth it at the time and I wouldn't change my purchase in hindsight.

I'm going out on a limb here, but possibly they reduced the price because lowering the entry fee will help get more people into the game. And when the first DLC releases, there will be a lot of new things on the cash shop to buy, so they'll be able to gain most of their revenue from the cash shop rather than relying on higher entry prices. I'm guessing the game will go F2P by the time Season 2 rolls around just to make sure anyone who wants to try out the game can (and by then all 5 DLC are supposed to be out, with additions to the cash shop included with each DLC content update from what they last said was the plan at least).

The game obviously has had some issues in comparison to RIFT, which also saw price drops in the first few months (though they didn't permanently go down to such a low price until over a year later I think), but I think the point of it is primarily to lower the entry bar for reasons I already said. Whether that's good or bad, I guess we'll see how it pays off in the coming months.

You sir, get this thread. I am glad I am not alone. You thoughts on the subject matter is what I hope and what the company has planned. I support the game.. but taking into consideration everything we hall have experienced in our relationship with THIS GAME and from what we know and/or experienced in OTHER GAMES, can you say you're worried about the future of this game.
**also think about free to play games, console vs pc.. (as I can see defiance surviving on PC. Ironically. )

Flank
07-27-2013, 11:00 AM
I have put so much money into this game from me buying it for 5 of my friends who were poor on the 360. Me buying it on the 360 all for 59.99. I got 5 people I use to know to buy it also at 59.99 with maybe like 400+ bucks maybe around there in buying armor and stuff I have so in the end my only hope was they would work out the bugs faster in this game.

I just got a Ps3 I also just bought it on Ps3 for ha 59.99 before the drop and the pitchfork me just lol about thinking of all this kind of a inner lol right now I have

Forgot season pass on 360 as well as on Ps3

So with my calculations I have made Defiance around 1200 dollars somewhere in that area

Do you regret that? I hope not. As if I could spend money like that for the game I would.
Are you worried about the future of the game? Do you hope it is going to be around for a while?
We all place the value of the game as it's worth valued to us personally & typical supply and demand over the masses.
Considering the costs of bits and the amount of bits and what's offered for said bits.. it is going to be tough to survive (as a company) soley on bit sales.
I am worried what will happen after the intial flood of new hunters.

hey u
07-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive is now 59.99 from 99.99 as well

hey u
07-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Do you regret that? I hope not. As if I could spend money like that for the game I would.
Are you worried about the future of the game? Do you hope it is going to be around for a while?
We all place the value of the game as it's worth valued to us personally & typical supply and demand over the masses.
Considering the costs of bits and the amount of bits and what's offered for said bits.. it is going to be tough to survive (as a company) soley on bit sales.
I am worried what will happen after the intial flood of new hunters.

No I do no regret it if anything I helped Trion along the way I figure. Yes I am worried about the future of the game. Yes I hope I can play this game till death do us part.

If Trion does things right with this dlc then they will boom in sales. Open the gates to this game on stuff to buy. There should be so much more content like I said on a different post before. I want to get my check in the mail and to bank then hop on Defiance and have the option to buy so much crap that after I do that I have my face in my palm going why did I do that and now left watching the calendar till my next pay day. dang

Dagmarr
07-27-2013, 11:30 AM
this game is dying , i'm ego 2975 been on the game a while lol, put my own money buying bits for costume veichles etc ,loved the game at the start thought it was different then the reality hit me , this is a very average game once you do all story missions including killing nim and all contracts , it started to get boring all we can do is do the same contracts over and over which i've got nearly 1000 rep in all apart from echelon which PVP doesn't work at all not spent any rep due to no interesting weapons,titles for 1000 rep is a joke just to get players putting time into this rubbish

Then i heard dlc was coming got excited as i've got the season pass then delayed mainly i think if it went into the game it would make the game even more lagging as it is , i played sieges with the infected and enjoyed the content but OMG lagg then your PS3 freezes , none of my games do this .

Yeah the game is dying fast and when GTA5 hits in september even less player base , then a week later Fifa14 , and what will destroy this game is Bungies "Destiny" its so much this game isn't they care about their product and fans , Trion if your reading this you made this lame of an attempt of a MMO for a quick profit before more popular games came in the market as for calling it a MMO you need a player base to call it that , i wouldn't recommend this if it was free good riddance RIP DEFIANCE

Dagmarr
07-27-2013, 11:30 AM
this game is dying , i'm ego 2975 been on the game a while lol, put my own money buying bits for costume veichles etc ,loved the game at the start thought it was different then the reality hit me , this is a very average game once you do all story missions including killing nim and all contracts , it started to get boring all we can do is do the same contracts over and over which i've got nearly 1000 rep in all apart from echelon which PVP doesn't work at all not spent any rep due to no interesting weapons,titles for 1000 rep is a joke just to get players putting time into this rubbish

Then i heard dlc was coming got excited as i've got the season pass then delayed mainly i think if it went into the game it would make the game even more lagging as it is , i played sieges with the infected and enjoyed the content but OMG lagg then your PS3 freezes , none of my games do this .

Yeah the game is dying fast and when GTA5 hits in september even less player base , then a week later Fifa14 , and what will destroy this game is Bungies "Destiny" its so much this game isn't they care about their product and fans , Trion if your reading this you made this lame of an attempt of a MMO for a quick profit before more popular games came in the market as for calling it a MMO you need a player base to call it that , i wouldn't recommend this if it was free good riddance RIP DEFIANCE

Flank
07-27-2013, 01:36 PM
No I do no regret it if anything I helped Trion along the way I figure. Yes I am worried about the future of the game. Yes I hope I can play this game till death do us part.

If Trion does things right with this dlc then they will boom in sales. Open the gates to this game on stuff to buy. There should be so much more content like I said on a different post before. I want to get my check in the mail and to bank then hop on Defiance and have the option to buy so much crap that after I do that I have my face in my palm going why did I do that and now left watching the calendar till my next pay day. dang

100% spot on. Bullseye. If what they "start" to offer caters to the grinders and loyalist.
Not "pay to win" stuff... more like creating custom outfits.. since they are only astetic.
Make boots last 24hrs of game play (7day period). I want them to make money to stay alive.
Now my fear is if I invest this new $20 psn card into "bits" will it just end up "kicking me in the bits".
I never had doubts before. Dlc time frame swap and price drops permanent. So.. what the Shtako. Jek!

Flank
07-27-2013, 01:38 PM

While I can understand your frustration and points of view, that isn't what this thread pertains to.

hey u
07-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Well those games I have watched the trailers for and there is just something about Defiance on my tv that makes it so I can play for hours on end. Other games are cartoonish and make my eyes tear up after X amount of time. With defiance I can just play for hours on end.

Not saying my eyes don't tear up in this game just is after like 4-6+hour sit down. Other games is like after 1hr to half hour and my eyes tear up kind of and I take a break from

sq4you
07-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Okay so price of game drops to $20 for console and $10
on PC. While a part of me is excited for the new players
that will hopefully flood the game.. Another part of me is
upset. I payed $60 for my copy. While I have a love / hate
relationship with the game ( mostly love) as should be with
Good games, I can't for the life of me understand why the cost
would drop 66% on consoles.. and even more on PC, only
4 months after the Release. Increasing player base is good.
Adds to game life over all.. reducing the price to almost a give
away to do so???.. you now have to sell 3 copies for the company
To make the same GP? This tactic scares me. It frightens the
exsistence of a game I have love to play.
I paid $60 and you paid $20.. no biggie.
I have bought bits (over $100) to support game.. no biggie
Game dissappears before 2nd season. BIGGIE
I hope the sale brings an plethora of new hunters that will
Sustain the exsistence of The Bay Area.

The game is still here and the servers are running.
Trion staff members still respond in the forums.
The show was renewed for season 2.

If the game goes away, then I can understand you being frustrated and coming on here to complain.
But until then, s.t.f.u. and keep playing.

sq4you
07-27-2013, 04:30 PM

thank you for your worthless, overtly negative speculation.
what on earth makes you think the game is dying fast?

do you have insight into daily registrations? purchase reports? daily bit sales? tv show viewership for each episode?

stop whining about what you THINK is going to happen and enjoy the game now.

Krauser
07-27-2013, 08:28 PM
I think the real question is, if you can play this game on the next gen of consoles for a $10 or $20 download, would you? If you can get everything from this game, as in characters, inventory, etc. to cross over?

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I think I would. :o

Dagmarr
07-28-2013, 02:45 AM
sorry but its the truth this is why most high level egos don't play this game at all , its boring the game is dying fast like i said before i supported trion from the beginning but when you have a legendary sniper which you traded whith a friend just disappear it puts a negative feeling n that was the start , lagging constant freezes , the Trion server can't cope with a MMO period they make Bethesda look good and your telling me you will still be playing this when GTA5 hits or next gen games are out sadly thats when this game will crumble , Trion are terrible for communicating with the fans whom bought this thinking its going to change gaming erm it failed , i can't wait to play DESTINY going to be epic .

wdwyer
07-28-2013, 02:50 AM

My Ego level is 450. I have been here since day one but am barely on since I solo'ed Nim. I could care less about the rep missions, and modding. If you are still buying bits...for what ever the reason...that's on you.

Flank
07-29-2013, 07:06 AM
The game is still here and the servers are running.
Trion staff members still respond in the forums.
The show was renewed for season 2.

If the game goes away, then I can understand you being frustrated and coming on here to complain.
But until then, s.t.f.u. and keep playing.

Thank you for the information. Although I am sure we all already knew that.
Please contribute to a different thread. As you have seem to miss the point here.