PDA

View Full Version : LMG discussions

theLimper
07-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Ah glorious to be back after a day long banning Lol anyways I'd like to cover the topic of LMGs in this discussion. I've never been much of a user but have noticed a lot of complaints about the upcoming SAW Nerf that is dropping. Decided I'd take a browse through my collection of blue and purple LMGs to compare them on performance.

I can understand easily why people like the SAW. The thing is a beast if used correctly. Having said that I find all the other LMGs lacking compared. My LMG is only skill level 8 as I rarely use them. While using the SAW with no nano I found it easy to take out three to four enemies before a reload. Switching to a rocker it took almost am entire mag to down one. I for one wish they would not touch the SAW but up damage on other LMGs and just modify the recoil and spread to compensate. The point of an LMG is to fire a large caliber round to suppress an area. They're not direct engagement weapons.

dude26212
07-27-2013, 10:28 AM
actually lmgs tend to fire the same rounds as ars the 5.56 and 7.62

TravelerX1
07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
I want to love the other LMGs, I really do. But for that to happen......

Thunder needs a higher crit bonus - to go with the ADS accuracy and a slight dmg buff
Disruptor needs less of a pause between bursts, say cut it down 30-50 percent of what it is now and a slight dmg buff.
Rocker......Honestly this is the one I have used the least, no idea

Leave everything else on them alone and they will be brought up to the range of useable weapons.

dreamon666
07-27-2013, 10:32 AM
It's only a beast in PVE, try it in PVP and you'll see that it sucks bigtime, even without the recoil nerf and now the damage nerf it was pretty tricky to kill people with it effectively in Deathmatch or Capture and Hold.

My problem with the nerf = why nerf the SAW for PVE? PVE is not competitive, the SAW is not harming or annoying people because PVE is a co-op experience. Only PVP needs proper weapon balance, but i think PVP is just left behind, because even the d4mn Infectors didn't get a single nerf for PVP since the game launched!

Tyger
07-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Others have pointed it out already...

This isn't them fixing a d@mn thing but hamstringing the SAW inorder to suck with the rest of the LMG crew. Yea it has high dmg but the bloom after 2-3 seconds of consecutive fire takes accuracy and dumps it to clumpit. They could have tweaked the performance of the other guns to make the rest an option to chose over the SAW but nope. The nail that sticks out the most is the one that gets hammered the fastest.

I blame 'No child left behind' on this one personally. Cut the legs out from under the best so the rest of the goobers can catch up. Yay mediocrity!!

WarHoundZero
07-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Others have pointed it out already...

This isn't them fixing a d@mn thing but hamstringing the SAW inorder to suck with the rest of the LMG crew. Yea it has high dmg but the bloom after 2-3 seconds of consecutive fire takes accuracy and dumps it to clumpit. They could have tweaked the performance of the other guns to make the rest an option to chose over the SAW but nope. The nail that sticks out the most is the one that gets hammered the fastest.

I blame 'No child left behind' on this one personally. Cut the legs out from under the best so the rest of the goobers can catch up. Yay mediocrity!!
The saw does need a small re-tool. Not e nerf per say but just a retool on the damage or clip size. The saw hands down can wrecc the **** out of anything. Adding overcharge completely takes away the bloom which then makes the weapon a monster and the bloom is extremely manageable if you know what your doing.

Tyger
07-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Yea well, I don't tech use overcharge that much with the gun, but I can totally see your side of it being a new tool for a proctologist to go to town with when overcharge is popped. I switched to the SAW for my pvp stuffz cuz it was an unruly weapon that made me calm the F down and focus my fire thru careful aiming and position. I'd use the other ones in the LMG lineup if they didn't have such nonsense tied to them.

WarHoundZero
07-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Yea well, I don't tech use overcharge that much with the gun, but I can totally see your side of it being a new tool for a proctologist to go to town with when overcharge is popped. I switched to the SAW for my pvp stuffz cuz it was an unruly weapon that made me calm the F down and focus my fire thru careful aiming and position. I'd use the other ones in the LMG lineup if they didn't have such nonsense tied to them.
The only other good one is the roccer but the reload on it makes it undesirable. I think that's the major thing that the dev team overlooked when making weapons is that not everything within the same class should have the same reload animation. If each weapon had distinct reload animations weapons overall would be better but that's just me.

dreamon666
07-27-2013, 11:10 AM
The saw does need a small re-tool. Not e nerf per say but just a retool on the damage or clip size. The saw hands down can wrecc the **** out of anything. Adding overcharge completely takes away the bloom which then makes the weapon a monster and the bloom is extremely manageable if you know what your doing.

Yes, but they already nerfed the recoil on the SAW, so now you're forced to crouch and remain still whenever you want to hit anything further than 20m away with some reasonable accuracy... which means you're a sitting duck for every sniper, GL users, Cloakers, bunnyhoppers or Blurr users out there! If you encounter one of those, you'll probably loose, even if it's a noob.

MartyrMarcus
07-27-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm not going to discuss the Saw bacuse it's been done to death and then some. However, something needs to be done with the other three.

The Thunder you can't hit schtako with from hip fire, the safest place to stand if someone is hip firing this gun at you is in front of it. But even when aiming at full accuracy its damage output is very lacklustre. Every time I use one all I can think about is "GUN Y U NO CRIT MOAR" Also, for the love of god remove hip fire bonuses from the mastery rolls. Got one on my legendary. I cried.

The Disruptor I actually like, its like the big brother of the VOT AR plus it looks sweet. But what the hell is up with that 3 second pause between shots? Yeah I understand if you removed it then it would be fairly OP but reduce it or something, I can fire a sawn off shot gun, reload and fire again before I can get another burst off with my disruptor. I get the feeling the strength of these is meant to be in the proc chance of nano's cos they hit the target 3 times for every bullet, but that pause is killing them.

As for the Rocker, It's actually the only one I've never used and I really don't see many of them in game. Guess I'm just luck.