PDA

View Full Version : Patching on Steam?

Pizzarugi
03-28-2013, 10:05 PM
So apparently a new patch is out, but I own the game on steam. While it would be easy to just download the actual client on trion's website, it won't update on steam which is where I want it to happen.

So, yeah, silly question. How do we allow patching of the game through steam?

Prophet of Entropy
03-28-2013, 10:39 PM
why are you asking here instead of the PC general forums? think the xbox or PS3 players care? its why they made the seperate forums. and this question had ben answered there, id link it but... feel like being a jerk.

Pizzarugi
03-28-2013, 10:40 PM
why are you asking here instead of the PC general forums? think the xbox or PS3 players care? its why they made the seperate forums. and this question had ben answered there, id link it but... feel like being a jerk.

I... see? :\

I'll just... report my own thread and ask a mod to move it to somewhere more appropriate then.

Komakala
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Steam may not allow you to run the program but if you go to your steam folder usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Defiance

There is a patcher.exe in there you can run. There is also a video showing a workaround using the trion patcher in place of the steam one. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11211-Video-Steam-Patcher-Fix

Pizzarugi
03-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Simple solution to a simple problem. I can be such a derp sometimes. >.<

Thanks for the help.