PDA

View Full Version : 360 Playing with friend problems

TacticalBastrd
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM
So my wife and I were both in the last beta. We both made brand new characters and tried to play together. But never seemed to be in the same "world"/server. Is there a way to make sure that we are for the true game?

Now we were able to do 4 man matchmaking missions together. But im guessing thats because it pulls from cross server.

Anyone know of any fixes?

Sorry if this was already posted could not find anything with the search tool.

A s0t
03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
for the beta you click on group then your name then goto leader, in retail it might be different. but you guys are on same router and people were having trouble doing the go to leader
like the coop you would see the green box on the mini map, main map, and you can see them the green box on screen anywhere. again may be different in the retail

and might work if you log in at the same time. i don't know if it predetermined shard/world for you or first come, first serve

wretchedsmurf
03-28-2013, 10:39 PM
For me there was no Group icon until I made a group out of ppl i found in Area. Even though we would go to the same area with no active missions, we could not find each other. Under the Invite Friends/Party icon it would say no one on my friends list was online. Even through dashboard couldn't invite.

A s0t
03-28-2013, 11:23 PM
For me there was no Group icon until I made a group out of ppl i found in Area. Even though we would go to the same area with no active missions, we could not find each other. Under the Invite Friends/Party icon it would say no one on my friends list was online. Even through dashboard couldn't invite.yeah the xbox live stuff wasn't working. you had to use the friends below the submit feedback, not the invite friends or the xbox live party option

Javik
03-29-2013, 04:59 AM
so playing Definance w/my friends on xbox list isn't possible?

only random people?

I read above that you can't even invite from the dashboard? how about create a party then invite?

random pickup groups only?

The Oncoming Storm
03-29-2013, 05:12 AM
I had people on my friends list appear in my add group list...

Did you even bother looking through the little menu?
it was like right below it.

Javik
03-29-2013, 05:32 AM
only asking because of the thread topic.

game on preorder & have never played the game. Only seen the clips on the net.

The Oncoming Storm
03-29-2013, 05:36 AM
ah well if you have someone on your friends list they appear on the "in game list" unless they're not in your region...

A s0t
03-29-2013, 08:49 AM
so playing Definance w/my friends on xbox list isn't possible?

only random people?

I read above that you can't even invite from the dashboard? how about create a party then invite?

random pickup groups only?
im sorry i should have been more clear: in the BETA there was a feedback and under that you used the ingame friends not the guide button on the controller as it was not functioning after the retail game comes out -- finger's crossed --it will work cause it was a BETA.

Nervusbreakdown
03-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Invite your wife to a group, then when she joins she much pick her name to join leader, that is how is done in this game

TacticalBastrd
03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys!

The wife and I are just counting down to release now!

wretchedsmurf
03-29-2013, 06:27 PM
I was looking thru the entire list several times while reading how to do it, the only ppl i could bring up were ppl in area, not my actual friends. I could find friends via start, LT and then find them that way but it wouldn't allow for anything. I understand the region locked friends, it would just say they were offline.