PDA

View Full Version : 5 days (including today) What're your first hours going to be like?

QQueue
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
The beta for the 360 ended roughly 3 days ago. And already I miss it, and have watched countless videos on youtube. Sure the beta was buggy, and the servers were having persistant problems, but the environment, the world, it just felt right. And that's one of the major things I miss, the community on the other hand, is pretty much none existant for Xbox, virtually zero chatting what so ever.

Anyways, since I've decided to update my pre-order from Standard to Collectors, and being that I'm in NA and not EU, I won't have any delays, the first hours of my gameplay is going to be deticated to quest grinding, with bonuses to further myself. Re-create the clan, using the proper name instead of the in-beta clan title, get bonuses ontop of that, and after getting into the rolling hills and vallies full of Ranches, hit up some PvP and Arkfalls.

I never got to hit up PvP because the loadouts wouldn't allow me to bump over from Co-op to Competitive, and doing Arkfalls in the beta was pointless as the rewards system wasn't fully functioning. I mean, scrip and exp are essential yes, but wasting 30-40 minutes on the motherlode Arkfalls is just a huge time sink.

How about all you players out there, be it PC or Console, what're your first hours going to be deticated towards?

(Also on a side note, any idea wtf was with the instancing? They had some backstory behind them, but it just threw you in the mess of it, I personally believe it should be main quest accessible, as in you progress so far in the main quest, you unlock more instances, because at the end of Angel Island, I thought Captain Grant was taken, and instead it was the Lieutant, which was C. Grant's son... seriously... what the hell.)

Rush
03-28-2013, 10:36 PM
EGO level and Script here . And Lots and LOTS of BEER!!

Sytek
For me being if the servers are stable and we can play at all i will most like be doing all the main story quests side quests and arkfalls i see for probably the first few days then add in some pvp to slow down my questing progress a notch or two

Deathsdoll
The beta for the 360 ended roughly 3 days ago. And already I miss it, and have watched countless videos on youtube. Sure the beta was buggy, and the servers were having persistant problems, but the environment, the world, it just felt right. And that's one of the major things I miss, the community on the other hand, is pretty much none existant for Xbox, virtually zero chatting what so ever.

Anyways, since I've decided to update my pre-order from Standard to Collectors, and being that I'm in NA and not EU, I won't have any delays, the first hours of my gameplay is going to be deticated to quest grinding, with bonuses to further myself. Re-create the clan, using the proper name instead of the in-beta clan title, get bonuses ontop of that, and after getting into the rolling hills and vallies full of Ranches, hit up some PvP and Arkfalls.

I never got to hit up PvP because the loadouts wouldn't allow me to bump over from Co-op to Competitive, and doing Arkfalls in the beta was pointless as the rewards system wasn't fully functioning. I mean, scrip and exp are essential yes, but wasting 30-40 minutes on the motherlode Arkfalls is just a huge time sink.

How about all you players out there, be it PC or Console, what're your first hours going to be deticated towards?

(Also on a side note, any idea wtf was with the instancing? They had some backstory behind them, but it just threw you in the mess of it, I personally believe it should be main quest accessible, as in you progress so far in the main quest, you unlock more instances, because at the end of Angel Island, I thought Captain Grant was taken, and instead it was the Lieutant, which was C. Grant's son... seriously... what the hell.)

Shopping lol a girls got to look good, even when killing stuff lol

ThanatosPa
03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I am gonna cry cause the servers will crash constantly from overload :)

Then when I can play I will repeat all of my beta quests and jump right into the episode quests

RelativeBlue
03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm going to buy some sunglasses and take my Challanger for a spin. I'll likely just pick up the Deadbolt and go for Arkfalls for a couple hours. Let people clear out of the starting areas before I hit all the early missions myself.

MacDeath
03-28-2013, 10:40 PM
First hour? Clear Mount Tam of course and head over to Iron Daemon Ranch in Madera. :)

Nah, I'll prolly run with the wave getting easy credit for missions.

Xiiego94
03-28-2013, 10:43 PM
I will do some missions, then kick it with my clanmates, if they happen to be online at the time. And then some side missions, not too fond of challenges. And then of course, spend some scrip and stuff.

Kailis
03-28-2013, 10:44 PM
I'll probaly start by trying to get a shadow war going in Mount tam in the beginning area for some good laughs. Then move on to trying to get where i was in the story mission in the beta while doing arkfalls and some side quests.

Adamathias
03-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Simply enjoying the world of Defiance. Clearing Mount Tam, then just explore from there with friends if possible. I'll probably be role playing right out of the gate so I will need to get a chatpad or keyboard along with the game XD.

batmansmatman
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
"Im going to Jackson, gonna mess around". Thats right!

TheOz
03-28-2013, 10:58 PM
"Im going to Jackson, gonna mess around". Thats right!

"Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson,
Look out Jackson town. :cool:"

batmansmatman
03-28-2013, 11:16 PM
LOL, Oz my man... you are awesome!

Maderyx
03-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Im gonna "rush" through the Story like i did in Alpha. Well in Alpha i didnt really rush but did it first and dont regret it.

Saoirse
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Well heck I am gonna go find batmansmatman and TheOz in Jackson! hahah

Hyaku Shiki
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Balance between playing this and studying for psychology. **** college doe.

KaosPenguin
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Shopping lol a girls got to look good, even when killing stuff lol

If they had a nice spiffy Chaos Space Marine suit of Armor I'd search day in and day out for it but otherwise for me, anything other than the default stuff looks good to me.

Xiiego94
03-28-2013, 11:47 PM
"Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson,
Look out Jackson town. :cool:"that right there made the show for me. To be honest...

Dixa
03-28-2013, 11:48 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj14/narial1/Defiance2013-03-2209-04-53-552_zps7104fc7f.jpg