PDA

View Full Version : Alts and third race

Rumbleskin
03-29-2013, 01:02 AM
I really hope the DLC race will be available at release because after playing the beta i found little reasion to make a alt. Did i miss somthing. Will i ever have a reasion to make a alt other then playing another race?

OwenBDead
03-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Don't think i'll be making an Alt char. With races having no ingame difference, and the ability to respec into other "classes", i see no point in making more.

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
hey there i had 1 main 3 alts ea with a different combat style set up weapons mods and power skills in beta its re playability is up to the player its self and as for more playable races i heard there was more coming.

MacDeath
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
I will have at least 2 characters. One in NA and one in Europe.

rovatek
03-29-2013, 01:25 AM
How many character slots do you get?

Aeekto
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
I will have at least 2 characters. One in NA and one in Europe.

Same for me since i got severall people i allways played with from NA and im from EU ..... shift duty will be a reason too ;)

Defy
03-29-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm planning to have one for each race

ANTI
03-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Since one character can ultimately unlock every perk, use any weapon, and the beginning "classes" are just cosmetic/ starting weapon there is little reason to make an alt unless you wanted a little extra reserve inventory space from a mule. But even then, extra inventory space doesn't take long to unlock if you are doing pursuits (even less so with pre-order bonuses). Personally I really enjoy not having to make extra characters and replay the same parts of the game just to see all the game's content. And the way Trion is doing it is fairly accessible from the beginning. I remember when playing The Secret World (another MMO that let one character potentially have access to all the abilities in the game) feeling overwhelmed in the beginning when trying to carve out a worthy build. They threw nearly 600 possible skills at you from the get-go and you had to whittle it down to only 14 for your build and figure out the most efficient way to go about unlocking them with the points you earned. I ended up just getting frustrated from too many options and went online to find posted builds from other more experienced players.

How many character slots do you get?
There were 4 available in the last beta.

MacDeath
03-29-2013, 01:57 AM
There were 4 available in the last beta.
4 per region.