PDA

View Full Version : radioactive nano

Magick
07-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I always wondered if this was working right, never seemed to do much for me, dmg always stayed the same. Can someone tell me exactly what its supposed to do? should give a 20% dmg increase right?

Drev
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Pretty much... When it's actively applied you get a % bonus to damage. Whatever it is it's either broken or just weak. They looks pretty cool in use but their DPS could be much better.

Flank
07-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Pretty much... When it's actively applied you get a % bonus to damage. Whatever it is it's either broken or just weak. They looks pretty cool in use but their DPS could be much better.

I think it has to do with its Proc consistency. When I first started playing it was an amazing nano.
Now it is mediocre at best, on good weapons. I feel as if the average enemy in the game doesn't stay alive long enough to see a constant Proc. Isn't it suppose to bring down shields? A more "Healthier" opponent would def show if the nano was being effective for you. I would say high rate of fire weapons and maybe nano enhancing perks. (Cant think of the one I run atm)

RealHoosier07
07-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Radiation works just fine for me. It's a 25% damage increase if it's a gun with radiation. If it's a gun with the mod toxic shot converter, it's only 20% increase in damage. It has a time limit on it, so it's only an increase in damage for maybe 3 seconds. I don't know why the toxic mod is different than the radiation, but it is. There have been guys on the forums that have performed extensive testing on the nano's and how they work. I can't remember the posters name, but I'll try to find a link to it.

RealHoosier07
07-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Go to the main general discussion forum and look up Mav's guide to weapon bonus rolls and more. It's on the 3rd page or so. There are plenty of posters with several different links to other guides people have made. JxSin has a guide on nano's. The original guide is wrong..if you keep reading, JxSin confirms that he re-tested toxic mod and the radiation and it was 20% dmg toxic shot...and 25% radiation dmg increase.

JxSiN
07-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Radiation works just fine for me. It's a 25% damage increase if it's a gun with radiation. If it's a gun with the mod toxic shot converter, it's only 20% increase in damage. It has a time limit on it, so it's only an increase in damage for maybe 3 seconds. I don't know why the toxic mod is different than the radiation, but it is. There have been guys on the forums that have performed extensive testing on the nano's and how they work. I can't remember the posters name, but I'll try to find a link to it.

It was me, I did a lot of testing on different nanos. The research as well as the nano guide is found in my signature.

JxSiN
07-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Go to the main general discussion forum and look up Mav's guide to weapon bonus rolls and more. It's on the 3rd page or so. There are plenty of posters with several different links to other guides people have made. JxSin has a guide on nano's. The original guide is wrong..if you keep reading, JxSin confirms that he re-tested toxic mod and the radiation and it was 20% dmg toxic shot...and 25% radiation dmg increase.

Should have kept reading before replying the first time, lol. But yes, after a few requests I did go back and do extensive testing with just radiation and toxic. The guide has been edited since that research

Magick
07-29-2013, 06:48 PM

Thank you guys !!! seems my FRC scattershot doesnt get it to proc very often.

cusman
07-29-2013, 09:02 PM
The Radioactive seems to work to me... it is the Toxic that seems to do nothing.

JxSiN
07-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Thank you guys !!! seems my FRC scattershot doesnt get it to proc very often.

What rarity is the scattershot? I'm not 100% sure if this is right but I, as well as several others who have brought it to my attention, have noticed that rarity does affect proc chance. Oranges have the highest chance, whites have the lowest. Like I said, it isn't confirmed to be accurate and it is hard to test. This is just an observation that I and a few others have noticed.

JxSiN
07-30-2013, 12:18 PM
The Radioactive seems to work to me... it is the Toxic that seems to do nothing.

Run damage numbers and when you see the effect on the mob, light him up with that weapon. You should see higher numbers. Note, the effect doesn't last long at all, definitely at 2 seconds or under. If nothing, send in a ticket

RealHoosier07
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
You have a great guide JxSiN. I'd love to see more about the rarity/nano chances. I've been trying to pay attention to that also, and it seems you might be on to something. Mav's guide to weapon bonuses is great too. I think it might be missing some, but he adds more all the time. Great job guys! I owe you for everything I know about the details of this game. Good to know there are guys like you out there.