PDA

View Full Version : Keep the faith! Trion WILL pull this off

MacDeath
03-29-2013, 04:53 AM
I was recently reminded of a post I made on the RIFT forums as it was getting ready for launch:

'Trion is a Next Gen game company and Rift is fast becoming a Next Gen Game

Trion is a gathering of the creme de la creme of the gaming industry, not just from MMOs but from single player games as well. And, not just the engineering and art staffs, it's the best of the best through out the company. They started with the premise that a new style of backend platform was needed to host the MMOs of the next generation. A platform where back end resourses were much more dynamicly assigned to serve requests.In their approach (quite new to gaming) The number of servers assigned to a task or group of tasks (such as Mob spawning) is a variable based on demand. What that means is if there are more players in a zone, more mobs can be spawned to keep balance. With the old (current) MMO server design, a set number of servers were responsible to manage a zone or sub-zone of the game and, therefore, if too many players/mobs were in a zone the servers couldn't keep up with demand and the result was bad lag. Trion's Next Gen Platform seperates the geography of where the demand is being generated. Hence we can have hundreds of players battleing each other or mobs (HUGE Invasion Events) with modest lag. THAT is NEXT GEN.

What we've seen so far is the tip of the iceberg, IMO. More and more of this Next Gen ability gets used as we roll through the Beta Events. A Next Gen company has created THE Next Gen Platform and are gradually showcasing a Next Gen game. Roll on Trion! Roll on Rift.'

Shootersa
03-29-2013, 05:06 AM
you should have changed the title to something else.
it felt to me that trion was dying or something and that everyone i saying Trion is going to fail or something lol

anyways i think everyone who has been playing rift or had similiar experiences with trion knows that they will do their best and that they are always informing people about everything.

I think trion is going to make a good game out of Defiance and im sure loads of ppl will be able to enjoy it.

Dan3000au
03-29-2013, 05:12 AM
i have at least 20 friends who want to play this game after beta it reminded them of tabula rasa (RIP)

JohnMcClane
03-29-2013, 05:24 AM
Agree ,Trion is looking hard but will not point fingers with the blame .

So don't think they are scum that will say they did it skin them alive ;)
Something might went wrong , this can sadly happen in such a big project with so many different partners .

I do know Trion for a longer time , they will find a solution !!!

Fiancee
03-29-2013, 05:26 AM
I just hope the show is more available better than season 1 when season 2 comes, imagine if it was shown on every channel, yeah just like what happened to game of the thrones season 3, the series really took off.