PDA

View Full Version : Patch Error: Please Try Again Later

Jab
03-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Hey,

So I started my pre-download yesterday evening, and let it run all night. I thought it would be finished by this morning, but it seemed to be only halfway through or something, and "downloading" at 0.0mbps. I paused, and resumed it, but it's now giving me an error message that says, "Patch Error: Please Try Again Later".

Anyone else getting that?

Thanks for feedback.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Hey,

So I started my pre-download yesterday evening, and let it run all night. I thought it would be finished by this morning, but it seemed to be only halfway through or something, and "downloading" at 0.0mbps. I paused, and resumed it, but it's now giving me an error message that says, "Patch Error: Please Try Again Later".

Anyone else getting that?

Thanks for feedback.

Close the entire client, and start it back up again. Maybe that would help. Good news is. I just finish downloading mine.

MacDeath
03-29-2013, 06:26 AM
That very slow download speed is typically caused by the router security level and/or which ports are open. See this post:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8738-Bad-downloader-Boggy-badly-thought-out!&p=115434#post115434

Skydive
03-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Or if you're really unlucky, although slightly unlikely, your hard-drive is physically damaged internally. Windows has tools for checking that though

dirtyklingon
03-29-2013, 08:35 AM
teh launcher is wonky. just keep trying.

rift launcher had similar issues iirc. ncsoft game launchers often have this issue as well.

can also be affected by different things, from your router (from settings to quality to age) to your ISP (some ISPs don't differentiate between torrent traffic and game download traffic and throttle both) to your windows admin and firewall settings.

Jab
03-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm running on a good SSD, so I don't think it's that. Also, my network is solid, I have a 28mbps connection (typically runs at 45+mbps), and pages/movies are streaming perfectly from it.

I rebooted my computer and started the patcher again, and it's now downloading at 3mbps, so not bad. I haven't done anything with opening ports yet for this game, so I may go ahead and do that anyways.

Thanks all, for the good advice.

BeardedGent
03-29-2013, 09:09 AM
You're not alone in this little issue. I've been having the same problem since yesterday.

EdgeTW
03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
I've been having nothing but problems with the patcher this time around. Got to about 9.x GB the first time and it stopped with a patcher error. Restarted the patcher and (according to the timer/progress bar) it appeared to be downloading the entire thing from scratch again into this single "bundle_0-49.0" file (despite all the previously downloaded data being present in the Defiance directory).

Uninstalled, reinstalled, got to about 7.x GB this time and the exact same problem happened again.

A friend of mine successfully downloaded her entire client without issue in under an hour. Each attempt takes me about 24 hours (I have slower internet speeds), so it's pretty discouraging.

On top of this, every time the patcher updates to a new version the file structure for the game seems to change. I have seen three different file/directory structures since yesterday, each one following a new update to the patcher. I have a feeling this may cause problems for people who think they're done.

BeardedGent
03-29-2013, 10:36 AM
That very slow download speed is typically caused by the router security level and/or which ports are open. See this post:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?8738-Bad-downloader-Boggy-badly-thought-out!&p=115434#post115434

Just an update. After trying to patch since yesterday and getting repeated patch errors throughout the entire day, I decided to open the ports. Didn't work. I'm still having the same problem. Any chance we can get a Trion response to this issue as it seems a great number of people are having the same problem?

Molagamur
03-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Bump this thread

TrinityOfOZ
04-03-2013, 08:25 AM
I played the game for a few hours yesterday, and today when I patch it I get the same error. I realize this thread is old, but did you ever fix that error?

Blue
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Try running the launcher as admin, even if your account is already admin :-D

Thrillseeker
04-03-2013, 09:11 AM
After getting 'Patch Error. Try Again Later' several times, ran the patcher as admin and things worked great!

Bigtk
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Im not as computer smart as some of you. How do I run the patcher as admin?

Blue
04-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Right click the game's shortcut and pick Run as Administrator.