PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually USE their EGO skills?

PillowcaseHunter
07-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey, I never use the EGO skills, I find them pretty much pointless. I've started a 2nd player and just totally ignore the EGO grid, there is nothing on there that works. And there is no way I can do any of the time trials or the rampage to finish a full contracts list to get reputation.Has anyone ehre got full contracts totally finished and can buy ANY item from all vendors?

X64
07-29-2013, 06:52 PM
o_o

No i didn't even get to finish your post, I was terribly devastated by your avatar pic.
Thinking that you look like that. Lol.

O_o

Orbital
07-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't use them either, I just run around donkie punching mutants.

Gomly
07-29-2013, 07:02 PM
o_o

No i didn't even get to finish your post, I was terribly devastated by your avatar pic.
Thinking that you look like that. Lol.

O_o

Admit it .... you liked it.

You looked at that pic and thought "I want her NOW".

Daholic
07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Hey, I never use the EGO skills, I find them pretty much pointless. I've started a 2nd player and just totally ignore the EGO grid, there is nothing on there that works. And there is no way I can do any of the time trials or the rampage to finish a full contracts list to get reputation.Has anyone ehre got full contracts totally finished and can buy ANY item from all vendors?

Its a shame I have to play without using any perks just to get a challenge. I try and tell people that a game that has skills, and perks, but the game can be completed pwn'd without them, is a waste of the devs collective thought, either that or the game is just insanely easy.

X64
07-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Admit it .... you liked it.

You looked at that pic and thought "I want her NOW".

Meh. haha. Of course not!

Heinzlee
07-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Its a shame I have to play without using any perks just to get a challenge. I try and tell people that a game that has skills, and perks, but the game can be completed pwn'd without them, is a waste of the devs collective thought, either that or the game is just insanely easy.

Hopefully you're PC - NA.

Come PvP!
Challenge your patience!

Back on point...
Kudos to you if you're playing without any ego power / perks in your loadout.
It's like a self imposed hardcore mode.

Heinzlee
07-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Once you know how to play the game, you can get by without ego powers and perks.

These days, most of my PvE loadouts are overcharge with dmg / reload / ego regen perks to help level weapon skills.

Though fortitude, thick skin and regen are just too bloody handy as a just in case not to use them.

DeadMike
07-29-2013, 10:03 PM
I use them all the time, but it's only whatever perks there are for damage reduction and increasing survival. Like reduced damage, reduced damage on shield break, increased hp regen, etc. And that's mostly just so when I'm doing something easy (like a hellbug emergency) I don't have to pay as much attention to keeping myself alive and instead just run in and blast everything to bits. For harder challenges it doesn't really make a lot of difference. The remaining spots are filled with perks that increase damage & crits.

I have a bunch of other perks learned, but I don't really ever use them because switching loadouts is a pain in the *** since you have to open the menu screen to do it.

Night Demon
07-29-2013, 10:04 PM

i use mine every single time i have to reload in a pretty ****ty place as getting trained by the pc with a sawed off it really helps. plus having like 10% ego recharge on reload with a sawed off plus the 9 second reduction of overcharge u can use it a good little bit. on bosses if you time your Overcharge RIGHT you **** damage meter's you can do the same with Cloak and the damage boost from being in stealth but i like how you can reload when u hit Overcharge.

i play a lot of MMO's in my day i use it as a burst trinket if you think of other MMo's

janzig
07-30-2013, 07:21 AM

Trolling maybe? Perks can make a HUGE difference in your survivability and/or DPS depending on your loadout. Perks stack with each other. Perks augment you main EGO powers. IF you think 40% increase in damage is pointless, you are clearly misguided.. or just trolling.

I'm not going to do your homework for you, but with a little research you will come to understand how powerful they are. You can 'get by' without them I guess, but why? If nothing else, your weapon XP is directly tied to you DPS. Adding DPS helps you level faster. Of course, you probably think weapon level bonuses are pointless too. Lol.

Tyger
07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
... meh

You'll always have those types that come in here and do things the most stubborn @ss-backwards way in order to prove how much man they are at a video game. Toss them a cookie and continue onwards with a look of pity, cuz' in the end all they are is attention starved.

WARDUKE
07-30-2013, 09:33 AM
All my builds are crit rate and ego refresh on the EGO chart. I use it a lot.

PillowcaseHunter
07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Hmm, well, I've tried using the EGO, but kind hard whilst being shot at, and I hate the loadout switch too. having to go into the main to switch weapons combo's is rather awkward. Are Trion going to do an instant button press for that, like 1,2,3,4? that'd be sooo much better. zmy mouse has 2 scroll wheels, I wish I could scroll through the loadouts with the 2nd wheel.

crasher
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Hmm, well, I've tried using the EGO, but kind hard whilst being shot at, and I hate the loadout switch too. having to go into the main to switch weapons combo's is rather awkward. Are Trion going to do an instant button press for that, like 1,2,3,4? that'd be sooo much better. zmy mouse has 2 scroll wheels, I wish I could scroll through the loadouts with the 2nd wheel.
My opinion is that if Trion wanted you to have quick access to weapons other than the 2 in the loadout they'd have given you '3' or more slots to fill.

As it stands I get annoyed that I can have 2 non-sidearm weapons loaded and have to look at the pistol in the holster on my hip with no access to it. The only way it's remotely understandable is if I'm equipped with an infector, and that keeps from breaking the immersion for me on that point.

Cavadus
07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
...I've tried using the EGO, but kind hard whilst being shot at...

So running, jumping, aiming, shooting, scoping, rolling, swapping weapons, tossing a grenade, et cetera, are no big deal in a firefight but hitting the "1" key is "hard?"

srsly?

brandileigh
07-30-2013, 12:35 PM
So running, jumping, aiming, shooting, scoping, rolling, swapping weapons, tossing a grenade, et cetera, are no big deal in a firefight but hitting the "1" key is "hard?"

srsly?

I had to change my dodge key cause hitting it was apparently too hard lol so you never know!

Mystery Soul
07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
I had to change my dodge key cause hitting it was apparently too hard lol so you never know!

I lol's about that...at least I am not the only one.

Elishan
07-30-2013, 01:22 PM
I lol's about that...at least I am not the only one.

This ^

xD

koldmiser
07-30-2013, 02:58 PM
This ^

xD

Same! LOL!

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 03:56 PM
If the OP wants to max out pursuits for various reasons(5k ego, outfits etc) you'll be using those ego abilities whether you want to or not.

P1G
07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Go PVP with no ego power or perks and see how well you do. Other than that, I guess you can do many things in the PVE without EGO, but I like the variety the powers and perks add. I do agree that the game could use an increase in difficulty though.

Valethar
07-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Has anyone ehre got full contracts totally finished and can buy ANY item from all vendors?

Contracts are eternal. You use the currency as you buy things, so you'll never be totally finished and be able to buy anything you want at any time.

I use my EGO powers quite often. Perhaps you're just doing it wrong?

3rdpig
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
I use Decoy all the time when I have to activate things and there are enemies nearby. Yea, I could just kill all the enemies then activate the device, but to me it's just easier to Decoy, activate, then move on to the next one. And I use Overcharge in both arkfalls and when dealing with Volge. Not a big user of Blur or Cloak, but I have used them, mainly to get the pursuits done.

Night Demon
07-30-2013, 05:59 PM
I use Decoy all the time when I have to activate things and there are enemies nearby. Yea, I could just kill all the enemies then activate the device, but to me it's just easier to Decoy, activate, then move on to the next one. And I use Overcharge in both arkfalls and when dealing with Volge. Not a big user of Blur or Cloak, but I have used them, mainly to get the pursuits done.

i rather enjoy a co op more if someone actually uses clone right as it seem to pull 100% aggro on everything and you can run behind and mess them up etc.

Das Muffinatur
07-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I use all the EGO abilities for how I see fit:
Overcharge to massacre and train weapon skills.
Decoy to distract while I get ammo, allies revived, or complete objectives (and run from the Volge).
Cloaking to move around enemies and get close to targets.
And Blur to avoid attacks and attack from behind.

KBob
07-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Once you know how to play the game, you can get by without ego powers and perks.

and also without mods and using only green weapons from vendors (no specials) and starting shield, right ?

August Barkley
07-31-2013, 02:42 AM
Because these EGO skills are useless for you, to be most effective, it is not necessary to use any weapon too. Simply press the F button. :)

Tyger
07-31-2013, 06:36 AM
The best part about this entire thread is the OP going onto to create another thread about being stuck at the end of the infected arc. A rather easy fight to handle but I guess when your all hardcore and forgo the use of perks and ego the game tends to b!tchslap ya' just as a reminder.

Heinzlee
08-01-2013, 06:08 PM
and also without mods and using only green weapons from vendors (no specials) and starting shield, right ?
Yeah you probably could. We're talking PvE only for this challenge right?

The colour of the weapon isn't everything.
I have a green tachmag with double crit rolls.
If they ever nerf jumping in PvP it will be game on.

My alt 1004 is currently using a white syphon tachmag and still does alright.

Mint
08-03-2013, 03:58 AM
I use my perks all the time, I use overcharge and have reduced recharge times, extra duration etc, also preparedness, when i switch from my primary it refills 9 round a second, which makes all the difference esp if you want to constantly be shooting something (mainly during arkfalls). I have all perk slots unlocked and have other perks just for the sake of having them.

og_jester
08-03-2013, 05:10 AM
What is seen cannot be unseen. OP the image of your avatar will haunt my nightmares for eternity.

Synthetix
08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Using AR (35 mag) / Det (3 mag), I normally get about 30-40 seconds out of Overcharge using this build (I and clear 500 rounds in a full Overcharge run just shooting at the ground). I'll usually only have about 7-9 seconds downtime depending on the fight. If I'm in some kind of gauntlet, I can theoretically keep Overcharge going as long as I have enemies to kill. Cellular Armor and Fortitude are just in there for a little survival and PVP.

- Overcharge
- Quick Charge
- Killing Machine
- Killing Spree
- Cellular Armor
- Fortitude
- Time Out
- Pumped Up
- Blood Lust
- Energy Leech

Not saying I need my EGO build to play by any means, but it does give me an advantage when going for numbers and KBs.

Wtflag
08-06-2013, 12:51 AM
From what I see from OP's post, it appears he/she has not figured out what skills are good and useful with his/her play style.

Speare
08-06-2013, 08:46 AM
I use my EGO perks in pvp as well. Here's an example:
http://www.twitch.tv/souperdork/c/2699713