PDA

View Full Version : hidden nano?

lokiscamaro
07-29-2013, 09:25 PM
so yesterday i was doing a volge emergency at iron demon ranch, i noticed tick damage on the trooper i was shooting. normally this wouldnt be a red flag, however, i was using nolan's AR, which has NO listed nano...
is this normal? i just got the gun from the mission reboot so im not familiar with it yet.
are there hidden nanos in game?
is it a bug?
W t F?

Night Demon
07-29-2013, 09:27 PM
do you have a flame shot modifier on it? and it could of been from a pyro grenade

Heinzlee
07-29-2013, 10:18 PM
You were at Iron Demon Ranch.
Are you sure you were alone?
Someone else could have shot it with a fire / elec / bio nano weapon.
All of them will leave tick damage.

Night Demon
07-29-2013, 10:23 PM
You were at Iron Demon Ranch.
Are you sure you were alone?
Someone else could have shot it with a fire / elec / bio nano weapon.
All of them will leave tick damage.

it should not have shown up on his UI with damage numbers tho it never does for me when someone else damage something. the only thing i can think is ether a flame converter or he shot a explosive barrel witch causes a dot tick. it is kinda funny shooting them when ppl walk by them as that is the only way to Betray someone.

xoxid
07-29-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't remember nolan pistol,but some weapon have hidden nano. For exemple, Northstar flare always have a fire nano, even if no nano show up.
Another exemple is the El Diablo. Always have a fire nano too.

Night Demon
07-29-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't remember nolan pistol,but some weapon have hidden nano. For exemple, Northstar flare always have a fire nano, even if no nano show up.
Another exemple is the El Diablo. Always have a fire nano too.

well the flare is like the Incinerator GL it made for fire damage in sense has no Nano like Rockets. but can have Nano's on mele. and sometimes it says they don't but it does nano stuff on mele's

Heinzlee
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
it should not have shown up on his UI with damage numbers tho it never does for me when someone else damage something. the only thing i can think is ether a flame converter or he shot a explosive barrel witch causes a dot tick. it is kinda funny shooting them when ppl walk by them as that is the only way to Betray someone.

Good point. Didn't think of that.
Never really thought about it but you're totally right that you don't see dmg ticks from other players.

Hey if it did come from your Nolan's rifle - good for you. You got a bonus nano effect that noone else has.

chilipino
07-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Good point. Didn't think of that.
Never really thought about it but you're totally right that you don't see dmg ticks from other players.

Hey if it did come from your Nolan's rifle - good for you. You got a bonus nano effect that noone else has.

I remember back when sieges were around *sniff* I somehow inherited an electric nano on all of my shots. It didn't matter which weapon I used either. And, the shock effect re-applied (normally, shock can proc only once per mob) itself. Imagine how fun that was with a stingray BMG at arkfalls :P Then I logged off and it was gone forever... :(

lokiscamaro
07-30-2013, 04:21 AM
well, if it is a hidden thing ill take it lol, i also noticed the damage numbers change from white to purple sometimes when i use this gun, very odd. but so far i love it. i guess ill train me some AR for a while.

squidgod2000
07-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Could be related to that bug where if you take a melee hit from a mob (or player) with a melee nano effect and it procs on you, you can now proc that same effect on enemies, even after it wears off.

ChaosOneX
07-30-2013, 05:48 AM
well the flare is like the Incinerator GL it made for fire damage in sense has no Nano like Rockets. but can have Nano's on mele. and sometimes it says they don't but it does nano stuff on mele's

Actually, the Northstar Flare can proc for 2 nanos. The fire from the flare counts as a grenade, so the proc still works from the shot.

Thearl
07-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Back to the OP...

What was the tick damage?

7 is usually electric - Did you have a flash grenade?
4 is usually Bio - Did you have a bio grenade?

Other options - Infector grenade bug damage hits may appear to be a tick. I've gotten a bug a couple of times where i could see NPC damage, so you might have seen the e-rep guys pea shooting it.

DeadMike
07-30-2013, 07:01 AM
well, if it is a hidden thing ill take it lol, i also noticed the damage numbers change from white to purple sometimes when i use this gun, very odd. but so far i love it. i guess ill train me some AR for a while.

When the damage numbers are purple it means you're damaging their shield and not their health. If you get their shield down and are damaging their health but pause long enough for their shield recharge to kick in, the damage numbers will go from white to purple, then back to white once their shields are down again.

Night Demon
07-30-2013, 10:51 AM

come on man,
purple is shield damage, white is non crit damage yellow is crit damage..

Night Demon
07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Actually, the Northstar Flare can proc for 2 nanos. The fire from the flare counts as a grenade, so the proc still works from the shot.

yea i just noticed that today... actually i got a bio nano flare.. really surprised me to see that it also seems the Flame Dot's do not count for total damage as i used nothing but a flare and the Rocket

that causes flame dots spamming it on every enemy to keep up the dots and it said i done like 100k. damage.. when i was the only one around in a lot of the area's killing stuff ppl skipped for no

reason. there was no way i done that little of damage it like its not counting the flame dot but the first explosion from the fire native weapons. don't know if anyone else noticed this

it is fun to use a GL incinerator or flare plus pyro grenade and bonfire rocket you can stack the dot x3 lmao. and it really does drop elite tankers fast as hell but when you see the overall damage.. it makes you really wonder.

piercehead
07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
I've had a few instances of using melee with a weapon that has no melee nano and getting, for example, a Syphon proc. Secondary weapon didn't have Syphon either.

lokiscamaro
07-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Back to the OP...

What was the tick damage?

7 is usually electric - Did you have a flash grenade?
4 is usually Bio - Did you have a bio grenade?

Other options - Infector grenade bug damage hits may appear to be a tick. I've gotten a bug a couple of times where i could see NPC damage, so you might have seen the e-rep guys pea shooting it.

the tick damage was 57. and i had a frag grenade equipped, no tick there.

Night Demon
07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
ASDZFgxcjlk;h[']\p[

Night Demon
07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
ASDZFgxcjlk;h[']\p[

don't really know how that happened...

lokiscamaro
07-30-2013, 08:15 PM
ASDZFgxcjlk;h[']\p[

ahhh, yes i see. well that makes everything so much clearer

Night Demon