PDA

View Full Version : New player with some questions

Kyosji
07-30-2013, 05:43 AM
Hey guys. I've been playing this game for about 4 days and have some questions that I can't find much of answers on, and I was hoping for some help.

First off, I see we can have different profiles, each with a totally different set of equipment. That's great, but so far the only way I can see changing it is hitting ESC, going to the Character screen, then changing my profile. This is pretty difficult to do in the middle of combat. Is there a way to change profiles on the fly? Or some kind of key to bind for this?

Second, What are the actual differences in weapons at a higher level? I'm noticing that I'm still using weapons from when I was level 100, and I'm at around 340 now. I'm not finding a lot of new and exciting gear. Will this change? Also, I'm hearing how great infectors are, but every one I've found the stats look horrible. Am I missing something?

Third, what are these Ark codes people are talking about?

weirdphil
07-30-2013, 05:51 AM
I got your third question covered. This site has really all you need to know about Ark codes, unless you're talking about keys, but I'm leaning towards Arkfall codes. http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

What you'll want to do is log into http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/ with your Trion Worlds account, then enter 120 codes from that page I mentioned above. If you're playing on PC, the rewards for entering those codes will be waiting for you in your item claim window on the Defiance in-game store. If you're on PS3 or Xbox 360, you'll need to link your console to your Trion account from defiance.com/linked , using the code your console game will provide you when you start the game (the code can be seen again later on from your settings menu, though it changes once every 24 hours. If you're on PC, don't worry about it.)

Donnyrides
07-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Welcome new Arkhunter.

Q1. When you say "Profile" I'll assume you mean loadout. The answer is no. There is no way to quickly swap loadouts. I believe this was done by design.

Q2. The difference in weapons comes in the form of open mod slots and added abilities. I'm EGO 2500 and my most of my weapons drop with 1 or 2 abilities (ie.. x1.15 crit damage or x1.25 melee damage) and have 2 open mod slots. At EGO 340 your weapons probably drop with maybe 1 slot open and no specials. This was also done by design. weapons work this way so that EGO 340's and EGO 2500's can roll together and the 340 doesn't get blown out of the water. You mostly make weapons better by leveling up your personal weapon skill level for each weapon type.

TIP: When you use a weapon and you max out it's white xp bar, it no longer contributes to your overall weapon skill for that weapon type. You can either remove the xp from the gun via the salvage matrix, or you can scrap the gun and use a fresh one. TIP2: Once you max a weapons xp you will unlock it's "mastery bonus" and the gun will now have an additional special ability similar to the ones I mentioned earlier.

Good luck and happy hunting.

drackiller
07-30-2013, 06:15 AM
I got your third question covered. This site has really all you need to know about Ark codes, unless you're talking about keys, but I'm leaning towards Arkfall codes. http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

What you'll want to do is log into http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/ with your Trion Worlds account, then enter 120 codes from that page I mentioned above. If you're playing on PC, the rewards for entering those codes will be waiting for you in your item claim window on the Defiance in-game store. If you're on PS3 or Xbox 360, you'll need to link your console to your Trion account from defiance.com/linked , using the code your console game will provide you when you start the game (the code can be seen again later on from your settings menu, though it changes once every 24 hours. If you're on PC, don't worry about it.)
If you keep inputing arkcodes you will earn an extra bonus for the AR class. It says there that it`s a possibility and i can confirm that you actually earn that extra skill point.

Ryuukishi
07-30-2013, 06:17 AM
TIP2: Once you max a weapons xp you will unlock it's "mastery bonus" and the gun will now have an additional special ability similar to the ones I mentioned earlier.

After you Reset Weapon Mastery, does the gun retain its mastery bonus?

drackiller
07-30-2013, 06:17 AM

Yes it does.

Duskstar
07-30-2013, 06:19 AM
For the first, I'm pretty sure you want loadouts, which as far as I've observed unlock at some level ups. On your character profile screen (where you change you weapons), just above you character preview, there should be 5 boxes, with 'Loadouts' near it. I'm not sure about the controls on PC, but clicking on one of the boxes that should be visibly unlocked will change you loadout to a different one, in which you can equip a whole different set up, without affecting your first. This is pretty useful for me, because I can change easily between my main loadout, and 'explosive' (detonators etc) loadout in PvE really easily, by pressing Start, waiting half a second, and pressing triangle. I'm pretty sure there'll be a shortcut to cycle loadouts for PC that make it just as useful.

Sorry if that seems like the massive wall of text it is, but it should be easy to understand.

With regards to your second question, I'm fairly noobish myself, but as far as I'm aware from reading the forums, these are the things which change with weapons as your level gets higher:
- Mod slots
- Hard bonuses
- Synergies
- Drop rarity - this pertains to the second part of your question - as your EGO gets higher, rarer weapons should drop more often
I may have forgotten something, but the most important thing to note is that base stats do not change (much) with level, which suits the game as a PvP/Co-op style - you could be just as 'powerful' as any EGO 5000 player :)

With regards to Infectors, some people love them, some people hate them, and some people hate people who use them :P I myself don't really care for them - they're a DOT weapon (generally), which apply an 'infection' to your opponent. This infection can cause damage over time, and when it wears off, spawns parasites that deal additional damage to your opponent, or those around. Supposedly they're OP, and have auto-aim when firing from the hip or something, but besides that, they're just a different way of killing things. I have no idea what the stats mean.

Kyosji
07-30-2013, 06:30 AM
If you kep inputing arkcodes you will earn an extra bonus for the AR class. It says there that it`s a possibility and i can confirm that you actually earn that extra skill point.

Can you please explain this a bit more?

Maitreakow
07-30-2013, 07:29 AM

If you do what weirdphil said to do you will get a level for Assault Rifles right off the bat.

In redards to your question on Infectors, if you go to the last link in my signature you will find an Infector Guide listed. This helped me immensely when deciding to level them to 10 for the Pursuit.

Welcome to Defiance BTW :)

Jay Common
07-30-2013, 07:40 AM

It might help out for a new player, but in the long run that extra point in Assault Rifles really shouldn't matter to much. AR's is one of the easiest and fastest skills in the game to max out. Stick with VBI Assault Rifles and FRC Assault Carbines (NOT Heavy Assault Carbine) as they are fully automatic and super easy to use. You should see your skill level increase methodically.

Honestly, for most of the weapons you will see your best level bonuses happen at skill levels 5,10,15 and 20. I won't give any away, in case you would rather not know, but many of the other levels don't really add much help until levels 16-20 when you have basically gotten the max amount of boosts out of your skill. (i.e. - you will get reload boost 5 different times for most weapons throughout the skill level, each subtracting 1% of the time it takes to reload, meaning after the fifth time it will be a total of a 5% decrease in reload time.)

Edit: .......just realized I gave one away LMAO. Sorry, needed it for the example I gave. I would be surprised if you have played for 4 days and haven't gotten a reload boost on a gun yet, though.

Deirachel
07-30-2013, 07:04 PM

Usually. Faction Rep Vendor weapons are know to change mastery bonuses from time to time, with changing of servers (going into/out of PvP/Co-Ops and login/out). I know there is a second type of weapon that also does this, but I don't remember which.

Edit: With the Ark Codes, you can get a +1 to Pistol, LMG, Bolt-action Sniper, Assault Rifle, and Pump Shotguns in that order. You can also get increased Inventory slots and the Scavenger Perk for free. That Scavenger Perk can be real helpful, in that you can start with Cloak (or respec and start with Cloak), then use only 2 EGO points for Overcharge (take Thick Skinned right above it, then Overcharge to the right). With Overcharge + the increases to Crit perks (Hunter's Stance, Nerves of Steel, Height Advantage, Gunslinger, Sucker Punch) all around Cloak you can do so ungodly amounts of damage early, especially with a Wolfhound Pistol.