PDA

View Full Version : About dem new weapons

Hyaku Shiki
07-30-2013, 12:21 PM
The casti-whatever blades and the charge weapons. You think they'll be any good? I can see tons of people running blur+blade. Brace yourselves for another **** storm. I know nothing of the charge weapons and I'm not looking forward to running around in a sea of white.(casthian players)
Also off topic: Are outfits any cheaper?

A s0t
07-30-2013, 12:24 PM
outfits cheaper? doubt it. micro transactions are funding this operation

MaxSterling
07-30-2013, 12:29 PM
There was a video showing gameplay with the new DLC. Blade didn't look very powerful. As a matter of fact it just looked like it was doing melee damage for the most part. It's not a Halo Energy Sword if that's what you're thinking. Looks like they'll need to hit you multiple times.

MartyrMarcus
07-30-2013, 12:32 PM
The casti-whatever blades and the charge weapons. You think they'll be any good? I can see tons of people running blur+blade. Brace yourselves for another **** storm. I know nothing of the charge weapons and I'm not looking forward to running around in a sea of white.(casthian players)
Also off topic: Are outfits any cheaper?

Can't wait to make a complete melee build and start tearing up arena's with my charge blade. If I don't see people with a red blade running around yelling "Come to the dark side" or other Sith references I'm going to be upset.

And no outfits arn't any cheaper even though they should be. If the prices weren't so damn high (like the rent) then more people would be inclined to buy them, me included. The cheapest outfit is 3.60 (EMC Scout head and body), that's alright, but the majority of them are 13.20. That's more than the cost of the game is!

Angeleus09
07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
The charge blades aren't insta-kill weapons, they have a quick attack, a slower, strong attack and then a charge up AoE pushback. In the walk through from ComiCon they did say melee builds would be very powerful with the addition of charge blades. You still have to get close enough to use them in the first place though. I actually put together a theoretical melee build for fun to try out once the DLC hits.

Juggernaut: On a melee kill, you take 15% less damage for 5 seconds
Quickening: On a melee kill, recharge your EGO Power by 12%
Follow-Through: On a critical kill, +75% damage to your next melee attack (expires after 10 seconds)
Sonic Strike: While Blur is active, you deal +60% more melee damage
Second Wind: Reduce the recharge time of Blur -12s
Aggressive Defense: On a melee kill, recharge 15% of your shield
Nothing to Lose: You deal +20% more melee damage when your shields are down
Fortitude: Increase your health +225 HP
Cellular Armor: Take 6% less damage
Killing Spree: On a kill, extend the duration of the active EGO Power +6%

All perks values at max

As for the actual guns with the charge ability, they don't seem too crazy. Basically you hold down the trigger, the shot charges and then hits harder than normal. If you hold down the trigger for too long without releasing, the gun will overheat, you'll lose the shot and be unable to shoot for a few seconds so that balances out their potential advantages.

Valentine
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Charge guns are meant for volge who will kill you ifya stay out of cover for too long. Just charge then shoot and hide again! ♥

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 06:04 PM
outfits cheaper? doubt it. Rift micro transactions are funding this operation

Corrected that statement for you for accuracy. :P