PDA

View Full Version : Ark Hunter or Volge Hunter? Store Update!

Sledgehammer70
07-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Have you been hunting down the Volge within Defiance? Well now you can hunt them down in style! Check out the new Volge headgear in the Defiance store. We have released 3 options to match up with your outfits of choice. Along with 2 new outfits to allow your Ark Hunter to stand out within Defiance.

Headgear:

Ice Volge Helm:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Ice-Volge-Helm.png

Tribal Volge Helm:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tribal-Volge-Helmet.png

Volge Helm:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Volge-Helm.png

Outfits:

Urban Commando:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/urbanCommando-147x300.png

Omega Recon:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/omegaRecon-147x300.png

JxSiN
07-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Those are really cool. My character may need a uniform upgrade. Thanks, Sledge

The Oncoming Storm
07-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Maybe some armor that matches it?

Plox.

brandileigh
07-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Maybe some armor that matches it?

Plox.

Agreed, there's not going to be much if anything to match that out of place helm with.

Jay Common
07-30-2013, 02:08 PM
First time I have ever thought the headgear looks better than the clothing.....

Nefarious
07-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Great, more outfits that make ppl look like characters from the Power Rangers instead of looking like characters from the show known as..."Defiance".

BEEF7347
07-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Can we get more variation in outfits instead of the constant recolouring that keeps on being put out ?

GiantInMaine
07-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Was gonna be negative but it's a cool looking helmet. Hope you guys make all kinds of money off those..

Krauser
07-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Great, more outfits that make ppl look like characters from the Power Rangers instead of looking like characters from the show known as..."Defiance".

Can I get a flute knife like the green ranger that summons a monarch for me to ride?

duction
07-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Awesome!!!!

Nefarious
07-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Can I get a flute knife like the green ranger that summons a monarch for me to ride?

If you are willing to fork over the bits you can!

Everyone's character can now look like Super 1337 Mega Man villains with Power Armor and ridiculous head dresses on...as long as you are willing to pay.

The unlockable outfits in game though that take millennia to unlock look worn and beated. **** those ones that have to be unlocked when you can just buy stuff which craps all over them.

lol Kiss any feel of lore and continuity that the world of Defiance might of still had left good bye...shiny King hats for everyone!

Krauser
07-30-2013, 03:10 PM
If you are willing to fork over the bits you can!

Everyone's character can now look like Super 1337 Mega Man villains with Power Armor and ridiculous head dresses on...as long as you are willing to pay.

Woo Hoo!!! That's pretty much what I was going for. And I don't mind throwing $20-$50 their way every month or so. I quit smoking about the time this game came out and keeping Trion in business has been a much cheaper hobby.

The unlockable outfits in game though that take millennia to unlock look worn and beated. **** those ones that have to be unlocked when you can just buy stuff which craps all over them.

Amen to that. I tend to buy the black or red versions of the clown-color-palette stuff you get in game. I like a lot of the co-op stuff, which is funny because they were the easiest to get.

chilipino
07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I kinda wished their art director cared more about immersion. I personally like the tracker outfits the best because they give off a sense of the "lone ark hunter". I wished there were more "I don't belong in a well-funded army/organization" to choose from.

Mystery Soul
07-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Love the helmet.

MartyrMarcus
07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I kinda wished their art director cared more about immersion. I personally like the tracker outfits the best because they give off a sense of the "lone ark hunter". I wished there were more "I don't belong in a well-funded army/organization" to choose from.

I tend to agree with this. Even the mech stuff i want to see weathered. The exception to this would be the Votan Mech stuff that I would assume came from an Arkfall, That should be shiny cos I like to think it would be kept in a fairly well shielded armoury. Maybe the VBI suits as well because he's the world foremost weapons company. But the EMC and even the E-rep Mech suits should be weathered. Hell the E-rep stuff is accentually repainted EMC stuff.

Edit: Volge helmet, i guess at a push it fits lore. Arkhunter kills Volge, takes helmet. Trophy/armour. I thought the Volge grew their armour though, as in it's a part of their flesh?

IAMVILELENT
07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
How many developers does it take to open CS6 and slide the hue bar left or right, then export?

Iceberg
07-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Whats the price list on those items?

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 04:12 PM
How many developers does it take to open CS6 and slide the hue bar left or right, then export?

30% of 150.

Yrkul
07-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Meh. Got my tan camo Ark infiltrator suit. As mentioned before, volge are supposed to be growing their armour, and we all know how volge smell. Can't say it's lore friendly at that.

If anything, I would like an infiltrator or predator techsuit with medic markings for when I'm pulling bacon out of the fire.

Addendum: Or a Dark Matter monitor suit. Love those.

Yewa
07-30-2013, 04:20 PM
I want to see someone in the show wearing one of these now, since they killed an army of volge on the first episode and all. But really I don't know in which way they are going with art direction. too much power armor compared to the show. Also, please fix the skin color mismatch in some outfits.

Wtflag
07-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I would advise everyone not to buy any new costumes until they fixed that "emperor's clothes" bug on some of the existing ones like Ark Predator and Eraku (sp?) Predator.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?100304-Annoying-bug-for-Ark-Pedator-suit.

Or at least wait for someone else with the same race and gender to get it first and see how it goes.

Who knows, you might end up looking like a hobo and everyone else but yourself knows it.

Flank
07-30-2013, 04:38 PM

Only if you promise me that I can form the head.

Iceberg
07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
I would advise everyone not to buy any new costumes until they fixed that "emperor's clothes" bug on some of the existing ones like Ark Predator and Eraku (sp?) Predator.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?100304-Annoying-bug-for-Ark-Pedator-suit.

Or at least wait for someone else with the same race and gender to get it first and see how it goes.

Who knows, you might end up looking like a hobo and everyone else but yourself knows it.

I would also advise everyone to not buy anything from the store until the price inflation goes down.

Wtflag
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
I would also advise everyone to not buy anything from the store until the price inflation goes down.

Did any of the items ever go down in price at any point? I'm not sure as I don't check it often.

In any case, instead of item prices going down, they tend to do sales which gives more bits for your buck.

The effect is not quite the same as that means people with existing bits don't get anything. (A consistent policy with Trion regarding veteran players I believe)

So if you had been holding your bits since the last sale, there is no real issue spending them (just be aware if the suits are bugged). But if you are planning to charge bits with cash, you probably should wait for a sale. The suits wouldn't be going anywhere.

Valethar
07-30-2013, 05:10 PM

Apparently all of them. LOL

Valethar
07-30-2013, 05:12 PM

Don't hold your breath. They're still firmly entrenched behind their Reality Distortion Field™, claiming they're being 'competitive' in their pricing. I still have bits from my UE I haven't spent. I bet I'm not the only one either.

JxSiN
07-30-2013, 05:15 PM
I haven't been able to log in yet. Are these priced at the outrageous high prices or at the little lower prices that some of the stuff that has come out recently is?

Soren
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM

Better yet, just make it a Castithan blade that makes flute noises when you swing it. And obviously it would still have monarch summoning/mounting capabilities in-tact.

Valethar
07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
I haven't been able to log in yet. Are these priced at the outrageous high prices or at the little lower prices that some of the stuff that has come out recently is?

The outfits are 560, the helms are 440, so half and half.

Gomly
07-30-2013, 05:47 PM

See, that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm not concerned what everyone else sees as long as my character looks okay to me.

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Apparently all of them. LOL

30% of 150 is all of them. 30% of 150 I stated earlier are the ones that survived the lay off. :P

Wtflag
07-30-2013, 06:07 PM

I'm not concerned what everyone else sees as long as my character looks okay to me.

That's why I call it the "emperor's clothes" bug.

Well it might not bother you, but it certainly bothers me. I suspect more than a few would share my sentiment.

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 06:07 PM

Typically, everyone sees the same thing at most arkfalls and other bunching of players places due to the game's horrible rendering issues.

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Don't hold your breath. They're still firmly entrenched behind their Reality Distortion Field™, claiming they're being 'competitive' in their pricing. I still have bits from my UE I haven't spent. I bet I'm not the only one either.

Epistemic bubble I thought was the correct term :P

CptBadger
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM

1 out of 10 still working on the game. ;)

Gomly
07-30-2013, 07:12 PM
That's why I call it the "emperor's clothes" bug.

Well it might not bother you, but it certainly bothers me. I suspect more than a few would share my sentiment.

To be fair, I don't have any outfits worth "showing off" yet.

The only ones I have are from the main missions.

FlippyCake
07-30-2013, 08:07 PM
I'll buy "costumes/armor" when they actually matter.
I want to see the different outfits actually give defense boosts, so there is a need for them in the first place. Right now you can just run around in the very first outfit you get and be just fine.

Krauser
07-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Meh. Got my tan camo Ark infiltrator suit. As mentioned before, volge are supposed to be growing their armour, and we all know how volge smell. Can't say it's lore friendly at that.

If anything, I would like an infiltrator or predator techsuit with medic markings for when I'm pulling bacon out of the fire.

Addendum: Or a Dark Matter monitor suit. Love those.

I doubt our arkhunters smell like roses. Since we there's not even a town to live in I'd guess we all camp out and rinse off in a lake from time to time. So we probably smell like a phish concert sans sweet leaf.

Predator suit is probably as close to Dark Matter as we're going to get, at least for now. Castithan stuff with DLC may change that. For all we know the Collective Predator suit on a Castithan will look like a Dark Matter Monitor.

Arsenic_Touch
07-30-2013, 08:27 PM
They look ridiculous without an armor to correspond with them. Doubt the armor if they have one will look much better though.

Here's a stellar idea. Add more content to the game where we can earn some of these outfits instead of paying out the *** for them in the store.

Though it's kind of funny that it says "Stand out" when 99% of the time you're going to look like the default character to everyone.

Night Demon
07-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Have you been hunting down the Volge within Defiance? Well now you can hunt them down in style! Check out the new Volge headgear in the Defiance store. We have released 3 options to match up with your outfits of choice. Along with 2 new outfits to allow your Ark Hunter to stand out within Defiance.

can you give out mind altering things? i wont tell the cops lol

T_Archangel
07-30-2013, 08:46 PM

Headgear:

Ice Volge Helm:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Ice-Volge-Helm.png

Tribal Volge Helm:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Tribal-Volge-Helmet.png

Volge Helm:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Volge-Helm.png

Outfits:

Urban Commando:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/urbanCommando-147x300.png

Omega Recon:
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/omegaRecon-147x300.png

Actually very cool... may be getting a bits drop LOL