PDA

View Full Version : New ideea - Binoculars!

Nury
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi guys,this days i unlocked the Nomad outfit and i've seen the binoculars attached to the belt (i think) so i was thinking (for variety and utility) ,why don't you(Trion) consider adding maybe in a dlc or normal update binoculars and a special slot in character interface for binoculars and like other items (weapons,shield etc.) with different stats like range , night vision, heat/thermal (or how is called) vision etc.
What do you think?

Sanguinesun
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi guys,this days i unlocked the Nomad outfit and i've seen the binoculars attached to the belt (i think) so i was thinking (for variety and utility) ,why don't you(Trion) consider adding maybe in a dlc or normal update binoculars and a special slot in character interface for binoculars and like other items (weapons,shield etc.) with different stats like range , night vision, heat/thermal (or how is called) vision etc.
What do you think?

Since there really isn't a need for them, the game is bugged to a fair you well, balance issues for most everything, and other bad things that still have yet to be resolved from alpha, I'd say the call to add such is pretty thin. Just use a scope that is blue or red colored and role play.

Bored Peon
07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Better idea, fix the crappy draw distance the game has.

Nury
07-30-2013, 04:20 PM
True that is no need for binoculars but would be fun.It will make my "self made missions" more "movie like".

Gomly
07-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Not meant as a bash but with the draw distance in this game your shiny new binoculars would allow you to zoom in and see ........ relatively nothing.

When I use a sniper I have to be in spitting distance to get it a mob to show up in my scope.

Nury
07-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Not meant as a bash but with the draw distance in this game your shiny new binoculars would allow you to zoom in and see ........ relatively nothing.

When I use a sniper I have to be in spitting distance to get it a mob to show up in my scope.

I understand you but many times i cleared camps with mutants/raiders without being noticed,imo the distance is ok but is true that on some spots i had to be closer.

Soren
07-30-2013, 05:14 PM
IMO it would be cool if something like that was added in, but there was like a scanner thing embedded in it naturally on top of that stuff or whatnot. And basicaly there would be a ton of stuff to scan which would give you lore info or progress in explorer pursuits or whatnot, and the stuff could range from mobs/NPCs to alien symbols hidden in various places. AKA give something for explorers to pursue and have fun with. Like scanning the entirety of a family of enemies (ie: all types of Hellbugs/Mutants/99ers/etc.) would give titles or cosmetic pieces that are attributed with those enemy families.

Nury
07-30-2013, 05:16 PM
IMO it would be cool if something like that was added in, but there was like a scanner thing embedded in it naturally. And basicaly there would be a ton of stuff to scan which would give you lore info or progress in explorer pursuits or whatnot, and the stuff could range from mobs/NPCs to alien symbols hidden in various places. AKA give something for explorers to pursue and have fun with. Like scanning the entirety of a family of enemies (ie: all types of Hellbugs/Mutants/99ers/etc.) would give titles or cosmetic pieces.

I think i've seen something similar in Batman Arkham City and other games and is not a bad ideea.

Gomly
07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I understand you but many times i cleared camps with mutants/raiders without being noticed,imo the distance is ok but is true that on some spots i had to be closer.

It's not a complaint really, it doesn't cause much of an issue it's just inconvenienced me a few times.

There is a spot just outside KTAM radio where 2 emergencies pop up, one on the road and one on a patch of grass. I can crouch on the little hill next to the ammo crate and deal with the one on the road but can't see any of the mobs on the grass from up that hill. It's just things like that.

No problem really just means I need to hunt a different sniping spot.

Although I do have to agree i'd like a slot for binoculars that have things like thermal vision or a scanner.

Be nice if I could plan out an attack and know what i'm walking into rather than rely on red dot positions on my mini map.

Iceberg
07-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Better idea, fix the crappy draw distance the game has.

This.

/10char