PDA

View Full Version : going for echelon trusted

r2nddan
07-31-2013, 07:14 AM
Ive been putting off going for trusted on echelon bcause i hate the multiplayer in this game. But, im gonna do it and im curious to know how long it will take me. Now with 15 min que times, how many days will it take me to get trusted? Thanx in advance for your help.

Cyberian
07-31-2013, 07:30 AM
As there is almost no PVP anymore, especially shadow wars, never.

theLimper
07-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Depends on platform. On ps3 I can PvP all day especially freight yard. Still, it takes quite awhile. I'd figure a month or two

Olaf
07-31-2013, 07:36 AM
I believe you need 600 rep to be trusted. Now dailys give 10 and weeklys give 50. So if you do every daily and every weekly as they come it should only take about 5 weeks. Im in the same boat, currently sitting at 450 rep.

r2nddan
07-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Btw, Im on xbox and I hope they make echelon contracts somewhere else so that I don't have to do this shatko!

theLimper
07-31-2013, 09:05 AM
1. Echelon is PvP I doubt it
2. Echelon does not have weeklys if I'm correct

theLimper
07-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Oops was thinking paradise. Echelon does have weeklys lol

Maitreakow
07-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Yes, it has weeklys, this week is win 7 FY games

squidgod2000
07-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Two months would be a safe bet. You're gonna miss some dailys simply due to your inability to complete them (f*cking turret kills...) and it's safe to assume you're not going to play long enough to do the daily every single day, especially since you're dependent on other people also wanting to PvP.

Nadar
07-31-2013, 10:00 AM
Two months would be a safe bet. You're gonna miss some dailys simply due to your inability to complete them (f*cking turret kills...) and it's safe to assume you're not going to play long enough to do the daily every single day, especially since you're dependent on other people also wanting to PvP.

I agree with the two months...maybe a week or so more depending on your success with the dailies I usually satisfy the weeklies OK but some of the dailies can be hit or miss. I tend just play the match to win and not concentrate on just satisfying the daily contract's requirements so sometimes I get lucky and complete it, sometimes I get a partial or sometimes just end up skipping it. The easiest one is the 20 kills since that is the purpose of deathmatch anyway. I think the turret kills in capture&hold is probably the hardest - I've never completed it nor really tried. It's a fight to get the turret spot and then it depends on the driver's skill for you to really be successful.

Am thru with getting trusted status but still have to get to the 1000 rep so I can complete the 'purchase 10 items from echelon'...the getting trusted with the other contracts automatically would allow you to satisfy the purchase requirements but since echelon doesn't have any 50 rep items, you need the 1000 (I'm on PC so not sure this issue carries to the other platforms). Should be only 2 more weeks to get there.

Maitreakow
07-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Am thru with getting trusted status but still have to get to the 1000 rep so I can complete the 'purchase 10 items from echelon'...the getting trusted with the other contracts automatically would allow you to satisfy the purchase requirements but since echelon doesn't have any 50 rep items, you need the 1000 (I'm on PC so not sure this issue carries to the other platforms). Should be only 2 more weeks to get there.

Yes, PS3 has the same issue.

r2nddan
07-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Im just gonna do the weeklies so it looks like 3 months.

Gravi7y
07-31-2013, 12:31 PM
http://s8.postimg.org/ipjogs0hx/PVP.jpg

nikra
07-31-2013, 02:51 PM
I agree with the two months...maybe a week or so more depending on your success with the dailies I usually satisfy the weeklies OK but some of the dailies can be hit or miss. I tend just play the match to win and not concentrate on just satisfying the daily contract's requirements so sometimes I get lucky and complete it, sometimes I get a partial or sometimes just end up skipping it. The easiest one is the 20 kills since that is the purpose of deathmatch anyway. I think the turret kills in capture&hold is probably the hardest - I've never completed it nor really tried. It's a fight to get the turret spot and then it depends on the driver's skill for you to really be successful.

yeah im in this same 1000 rep boat. just doing weeklies mostly unless i get the easy dailies (i.e. simple kills). I am in no rush so yeah. Also the sooner you start the better. Only been doing pvp for a couple months, had i done it before id be done by now and never have to touch it until more pvp pursuits.

Heinzlee
07-31-2013, 07:21 PM
. Also the sooner you start the better.

This is so true. I wish I started PvP much earlier.

Not just for the rep but the pursuits.
That hardest pvp pursuit is the 50 hour one.

digetey dank
07-31-2013, 08:40 PM
This is so true. I wish I started PvP much earlier.

Not just for the rep but the pursuits.
That hardest pvp pursuit is the 50 hour one.

join a shadow war then go make a sammich and watch an ep of yer favorite 1/2 hr tv show. then come back and do it again. you don't have to do anything in a shadow war to get the time for the pursuit, you just have to join one and hope you don't get dropped from servers.

edit: that is...if you can actually find a shadow war anymore

Maitreakow
08-01-2013, 04:57 AM
join a shadow war then go make a sammich and watch an ep of yer favorite 1/2 hr tv show. then come back and do it again. you don't have to do anything in a shadow war to get the time for the pursuit, you just have to join one and hope you don't get dropped from servers.

Annnd THIS is what happens when you require PvP to be played for 100% completion. I see the same thing in FY when the "win 7 games" is the Weekly. Players AFK/AFC in the spawn...

AmnesiaHaze
08-01-2013, 05:05 AM

but you need 1500 total kills as well so you should use the time actually playing

Nadar
08-01-2013, 06:54 AM

Please don't do this. It isn't fair to the other players that are actually particpating in the PVP match.

And I don't understand why there are so many people that want to claim they've 'completed' the pursuits when they bypass the intent of some the pursuits. If you don't like the PVP (or time trials or whatever) don't do it. But don't bypass the intent of the pursuit just to get that ticky mark....regardless of what the 'scoreboard' says, you haven't earned it so you haven't really accomplished anything.

Tyger
08-01-2013, 07:35 AM

Yea well, 'never' popped 3 times lastnight SW-wise inside an hour when I logged on after work. So you may want to re-edit your personal opinion with a lil less hatorade and a lil' more fact based conclusions.

Maitreakow
08-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Please don't do this. It isn't fair to the other players that are actually particpating in the PVP match.

And I don't understand why there are so many people that want to claim they've 'completed' the pursuits when they bypass the intent of some the pursuits. If you don't like the PVP (or time trials or whatever) don't do it. But don't bypass the intent of the pursuit just to get that ticky mark....regardless of what the 'scoreboard' says, you haven't earned it so you haven't really accomplished anything.

People do the same thing with AF revives and Vehicle kills, it is human nature...

Nadar
08-01-2013, 08:19 AM
People do the same thing with AF revives and Vehicle kills, it is human nature...

Unfortunately too true. Rather sad that there are many people whose self-esteem is so low they need to 'cheat' in order to claim something they haven't earned.

PS: don't really care so much about 'cheating' on the pusuits that don't directly affect anyone else (other than it does water down the prestige of hitting 5000 EGO) but for the PVP ones, not participating hurts the team since they are effectively playing shorthanded.

Even if you're not any good at PVP, at least you provide a distraction the other team has to deal with...and guess what, with active participation, you'll get better. When I started PVP, I hated it - my K / D ratio was way on the side of D. I only continued for the pursuits. But the more I played, the better I got. I learned from my mistakes and just became more skilled. Now I usually enjoy the matches and my K / D ratio is almost always on the K side....occassionally by several multiples. I still get irritated by bunny-hopping, no-aim weapon using players but have learned to live with it. My biggest complaint is the people that join and then sit on the sidelines since it puts the team at a big disadvantage.

cusman
08-01-2013, 10:24 AM

This guy is making stupid statements since there are never any Contracts related to Shadow Wars.

I play PvP nearly every day and while it has slowed down more on the week nights, you can still get into a Deathmatch or Frieght Yard match pretty quickly.

What I recommend is that you queue up for PvP, then go handle your Bay area PvE contracts while you wait in queue. Once you get out of PvP, go right back in to catch the same group. If you found that group too annoying with the Infector Cankers or whatever... then switch between Death Match and Freight Yard.

Anything that seems to be over powering you, inspect that player and see their perks/weapons. Try it yourself and hopefully you will do better. Your loadout that works well in PvE wont work as well in PvP. For instance, the Respark shields are best in PvE, but not that good in PvP. Perks like Intimidation are awesome in PvE but do nothing in PvP. That's why I say inspect the players that are doing good, and emulate their perk load out and play style. Get better... then make your own play styles. The game at its core is a lot of fun due to the wide variety and experimentation it rewards.

Get into a clan or play with friends and you will have easier time and more fun. Use a headset for voice-communication. It glitches at times but works to your advantage when it is working.

PS3-NA

r2nddan
08-01-2013, 02:17 PM
This guy is making stupid statements since there are never any Contracts related to Shadow Wars.

I play PvP nearly every day and while it has slowed down more on the week nights, you can still get into a Deathmatch or Frieght Yard match pretty quickly.

What I recommend is that you queue up for PvP, then go handle your Bay area PvE contracts while you wait in queue. Once you get out of PvP, go right back in to catch the same group. If you found that group too annoying with the Infector Cankers or whatever... then switch between Death Match and Freight Yard.

Anything that seems to be over powering you, inspect that player and see their perks/weapons. Try it yourself and hopefully you will do better. Your loadout that works well in PvE wont work as well in PvP. For instance, the Respark shields are best in PvE, but not that good in PvP. Perks like Intimidation are awesome in PvE but do nothing in PvP. That's why I say inspect the players that are doing good, and emulate their perk load out and play style. Get better... then make your own play styles. The game at its core is a lot of fun due to the wide variety and experimentation it rewards.

Get into a clan or play with friends and you will have easier time and more fun. Use a headset for voice-communication. It glitches at times but works to your advantage when it is working.

PS3-NA
What in your opinion are the most effective weapons and perks for pvp? With all the patches and such, what are most effective now.

M0G
08-01-2013, 02:30 PM
What in your opinion are the most effective weapons and perks for pvp? With all the patches and such, what are most effective now.

Can you like, not play the game for yourself and find out?

There are no "best weapons" that you will auto win if you use....

Whats your fav gun? Have you tried out a few In pvP?

r2nddan
08-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Can you like, not play the game for yourself and find out?

There are no "best weapons" that you will auto win if you use....

Whats your fav gun? Have you tried out a few In pvP?
Can you like be nice?

Nadar
08-01-2013, 03:29 PM

I usually play with a sawed off and a SAW. I stay away from infectors because they are rather lame (the no-aim-required aspect of them - although that's actually only when they are used with bunny-hopping. Use them without bunny-hopping and I don't mind). I've tried smg but with all of the players that bunny-hop with infectors, my moving aim isn't good enough to deal with them. Might move to an AR if I find one that I really like.

The only one that is difficult to use would be rocket launchers since the dmg is rather pitiful.

For EGO power / perks, I have tried overcharge & blur generally go with cloak. 2 perks slots are used to buf the chosen EGO power (the one that shortens recharge time and the one that extends duration). The third is pumped up. The rest are usually defensive - rear guard, cellular armor, thick skinned, escape artist, fortitude. In shadow wars, since I'm working on the vehicle kills, I'll use wrecking ball. In SW and Freightyard, crash test dummy can be useful against vehicles hitting you.

If you like blur and melee, there are some melee boost that would be good. These will likely become more popular once the DLC brings charged blades (provided they fall in the melee category).

If you decide on an explosive weapon, there are some explosive boost that might be worth looking at (e.g. deadly cascade)

GiantInMaine
08-01-2013, 04:28 PM
This is all I need for the platinum trophy on ps3 sitting at like 480 or something right now so a couple more weeks for me. The only reason I play pvp is for pursuits and the trophies otherwise it really is pretty bad especially considering I came from battlefield 3 into this game.

Heinzlee
08-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Some perks you definately want to be using.
Thick Skin - doubles your effective HP on shield break.
Rear Guard - getting attacked from behind happens a lot - not even counting the cloak users.
Pumped Up / Ego Recharge - Get one of these. Easily reloaded weapons should go with pumped up. Longer reloading weapons should use whichever perk recharges their ego power faster.

Highly Recommended Perks
Fortitude - extra HP. Highest level is 225, but effectively 450 with Thick Skin you should already be running.
Escape Artist - That's like a free blur everytime your shield breaks. Excellent for breaking LOS with infector users.

Situationally Recommended Perks
Regeneration - you start regeneration HP straight away instead of waiting until your shield is fully recharged. Works very well with regenerator shields.

As for weapons, the gold standard seems to be a syphon nano tachmag pulsar SMG.
My character 1004 uses just a plain white one and still does pretty good in PvP with it.

Other common weapons include VOT Fragger pump shotguns. If you can land both shots at close range, it does a heap of damage

Immunizer is still fairly useful on larger maps like freightyard and shadow wars.
Canker is probably stronger now at closer ranges though.

VBI Bolt Action Sniper Rifle is the gold standard for that class.

Nano Fragger & Courier are popular from the sawn-off shotgun class since they deal a lot of damage at once.

You should aim for synergy between your equipment and perks.
I like to run Gunslinger & Kill or be Killed which increase crit dmg. Works very will with both my SMG and Shotgun.

But when I use my Courier, I run Deadly Cascade to get bonus dmg on bunched up enemies & Cerberus.

Best advice is to find a well performing player that uses a similar loadout to you and inspect their loadout.
You can do that by typing in chat "/inspect xxxxx" where xxxxx is the character or account name.

If you can't work out why he picked certain perks, try whispering to them.
You can whisper by typing in chat "/w xxxxx" where xxxxx is the character or account name.
Done in a respectful manner, they may take the time out to explain it to you.
Even if they don't, you're no worse off than before.

r2nddan
08-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Some perks you definately want to be using.
Thick Skin - doubles your effective HP on shield break.
Rear Guard - getting attacked from behind happens a lot - not even counting the cloak users.
Pumped Up / Ego Recharge - Get one of these. Easily reloaded weapons should go with pumped up. Longer reloading weapons should use whichever perk recharges their ego power faster.

Highly Recommended Perks
Fortitude - extra HP. Highest level is 225, but effectively 450 with Thick Skin you should already be running.
Escape Artist - That's like a free blur everytime your shield breaks. Excellent for breaking LOS with infector users.

Situationally Recommended Perks
Regeneration - you start regeneration HP straight away instead of waiting until your shield is fully recharged. Works very well with regenerator shields.

As for weapons, the gold standard seems to be a syphon nano tachmag pulsar SMG.
My character 1004 uses just a plain white one and still does pretty good in PvP with it.

Other common weapons include VOT Fragger pump shotguns. If you can land both shots at close range, it does a heap of damage

Immunizer is still fairly useful on larger maps like freightyard and shadow wars.
Canker is probably stronger now at closer ranges though.

VBI Bolt Action Sniper Rifle is the gold standard for that class.

Nano Fragger & Courier are popular from the sawn-off shotgun class since they deal a lot of damage at once.

You should aim for synergy between your equipment and perks.
I like to run Gunslinger & Kill or be Killed which increase crit dmg. Works very will with both my SMG and Shotgun.

But when I use my Courier, I run Deadly Cascade to get bonus dmg on bunched up enemies & Cerberus.

Best advice is to find a well performing player that uses a similar loadout to you and inspect their loadout.
You can do that by typing in chat "/inspect xxxxx" where xxxxx is the character or account name.

If you can't work out why he picked certain perks, try whispering to them.
You can whisper by typing in chat "/w xxxxx" where xxxxx is the character or account name.
Done in a respectful manner, they may take the time out to explain it to you.
Even if they don't, you're no worse off than before.
Wow, very helpful. Unlike the other dude you rock.

M0G
08-02-2013, 10:49 AM

:(

now im sad.........

r2nddan
08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
:(

now im sad.........
Lol...........

wild liza
08-02-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/good-luck.gif

Turantula
08-02-2013, 06:10 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/good-luck.gif

Oh snap! A never ending story gif! Sadly a lot of people have no idea what this movie is lol.

wild liza
08-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Oh snap! A never ending story gif! Sadly a lot of people have no idea what this movie is lol.

Thanks for making me feel old LOL

nikra
08-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks for making me feel old LOL

Why old? Not like it have been nearly 30 years since the film came out... :D

Indra Echo
08-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Ive been putting off going for trusted on echelon bcause i hate the multiplayer in this game. But, im gonna do it and im curious to know how long it will take me. Now with 15 min que times, how many days will it take me to get trusted? Thanx in advance for your help.

It completely depends on how much of each contract you do daily. Daily contracts net you 10 points, weekly 50. That's the most you can get. So, do the math. If you complete every daily you will get 70 + 50 = 120 per week. You need 600 points for trusted soooooooo. 600/120 = 5 weeks. However, should you want to get all the reputation points you will need-you must get to 1000 to buy 10 Echelon items. That's 1000/120 = 8.3333 or really 9 weeks.

However, it's possible to get partial credit for Echelon contracts. Say you just can't finish out the PvP rescue kills but you get 3 out of 5 of them. You might get 6 points instead of 10 for that Daily.

I think you're under the misconception that you can do multiple contracts each day for Echelon but the most you can do is that net one per day and then one weekly per week.

Indra Echo
08-03-2013, 09:30 AM
1. Echelon is PvP I doubt it
2. Echelon does not have weeklys if I'm correct
1. Probably not but will likely add arena or dueling contracts involving more PvP.
2. Yes they do. You are incorrect. Sorry. Sometimes it requires you get 100 kills in Team Deathmatch. Sometimes 50. Sometimes it requires you get Freightyard wins. Things like that. EDIT: Saw later that you know this...

As for PvP and its prevalence. On the 360 and PS3 it's all quite active and especially when a contract is due it gets busy. Say you need something for a contract that involves Freightyard. It doesn't take longer than a couple minutes for a team to be assembled.

As for the "old" issue. I'm probably the oldest person regularly posting on these forums and one of the supposedly gender challenged since I'm female. It's all about what you like. I don't much like PvP anymore and I've played a buttload of PvP games, but I did finish out Echelon. I may go back and get the title from the vendor but I won't race for it.

Indra Echo
08-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Annnd THIS is what happens when you require PvP to be played for 100% completion. I see the same thing in FY when the "win 7 games" is the Weekly. Players AFK/AFC in the spawn...
The person you quoted suggested people just enter Shadow Wars and go make a sandwich to get that 50 hours pursuit done.

Yeah and it's a pretty juvenile thing for him to suggest people do too. Why play a game if you aren't going to play it? And penalize others so you don't have to actually participate. The other players might just need help so they can accomplish a pursuit too. But of course people should only ever worry about what they want to do.

And then he wonders why it might not be possible to find a shadow war. Gee, I suppose he never thought it might be because it's frustrating to be one of the few people actually trying to capture points?

Umfafa
08-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Don't let him fool you. Heinz will eat your face in PVP. ;)