PDA

View Full Version : Get on the Show Contest Results

TeamLexana
07-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Anyone know where to check the results for this? I hit every major like a mad woman for a month now, I'm curious to see how I faired.

Balikye
07-31-2013, 12:05 PM
No idea, from my understanding, they haven't released any details about any of the contests.

Arsenic_Touch
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Chances are, unless you were on 24/7, sharing an account to have someone play on your downtime and had clan members/friends jumping phases, you aren't going to come close to getting on the show. This is why CORE decided to not expend any effort on something like this, while we had the manpower, it wasn't really worth it. Plus it comes down to a popularity contest on facebook where someone at Trion makes the final choice instead of basing it on merit or a real accomplishment.

JxSiN
07-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Still waiting on Trion to roll out a real and fair contest. Then I will actually care about a winner.

Nefarious
07-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Anyone know where to check the results for this? I hit every major like a mad woman for a month now, I'm curious to see how I faired.

You have underestimated the competition dear Miss. And certainly underestimated the power of the Dark Side.

This might sound sketchy but take it for what you will. There is no woman on Earth, past, present, or future that will be able to waste their life away on something tedious then a man ever could. There is no doubt in my mind that some dude played Defiance like Rocky Balboa training for a fight. Scheduled sleep and minimum time to eat and defecate with some sort of algorithm of when Majors land. All day, everyday, around the clock for the whole month.

I know this...

because.....

the person I just described.....

is me......

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/545065492464810584879540.gif

Sanguinesun
07-31-2013, 06:47 PM
This might sound sketchy but take it for what you will. There is no woman on Earth, past, present, or future that will be able to waste their life away on something tedious then a man ever could.

Except taking care of a man who does such... at least until they wise up... which they probably will. :P

Heinzlee
07-31-2013, 06:50 PM
snipped

You could predict the answer up the 'me' but the pic!!
hahahahaha!!

Iceberg
07-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Even if you were to win, who is to say you will be in the show. The last winner had a picture thrown in and was only shown in a full second in the first minute of the last episode. (I think it was the last one??) This time around who knows what they will do with the winner.

treadingwater
07-31-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm kind of pissed it's US only. It's stupid when they have so many European users, not to mention Canadians playing and I'm sure many from Mexico and South America as well. Even stupider when you consider if all the cast of the show had a character they played, only Julie Benz would be eligible to have it appear in the show. Grant Bowler is Australian, Tony Curran is Scottish, Steph Leonidas and Jaime Murray are British while Dewshane Williams, Trenna Keating, Graham Greene, Mia Kirshner, Nicole Munoz and Jesse Rath are all Canadian.

So good job with that contest Syfy/Trion. Good thinking! All but one of the cast aren't American, but you have to be American to get your character in the show.

X64
07-31-2013, 07:00 PM
The reward might be good but in real life everyone's gonna scratch heads. It's either you get the title mr. Couchpotato or mr. Get a Life IMO.

JxSiN
07-31-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm kind of pissed it's US only. It's stupid when they have so many European users, not to mention Canadians playing and I'm sure many from Mexico and South America as well. Even stupider when you consider if all the cast of the show had a character they played, only Julie Benz would be eligible to have it appear in the show. Grant Bowler is Australian, Tony Curran is Scottish, Steph Leonidas and Jaime Murray are British while Dewshane Williams, Trenna Keating, Graham Greene, Mia Kirshner, Nicole Munoz and Jesse Rath are all Canadian.

So good job with that contest Syfy/Trion. Good thinking! All but one of the cast aren't American, but you have to be American to get your character in the show.

And considering that it is mostly filmed in Canada...

Sanguinesun
07-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Even if you were to win, who is to say you will be in the show. The last winner had a picture thrown in and was only shown in a full second in the first minute of the last episode. (I think it was the last one??) This time around who knows what they will do with the winner.

Worse the ATB show afterwards used the wrong one from an early promo clip.

treadingwater
07-31-2013, 08:04 PM
And considering that it is mostly filmed in Canada...

Yah I live about 40 minutes from Uxbridge, Ontario where they film a good portion of the show. I could go meet my character, but nooooo.... :(

Billy Guile
08-01-2013, 12:02 AM
almost all of that particular channel's content is filmed in Canada because it is just way cheaper and legally easier location wise to do so.

PurePlayinSerb
08-01-2013, 05:46 AM
You have underestimated the competition dear Miss. And certainly underestimated the power of the Dark Side.

This might sound sketchy but take it for what you will. There is no woman on Earth, past, present, or future that will be able to waste their life away on something tedious then a man ever could. There is no doubt in my mind that some dude played Defiance like Rocky Balboa training for a fight. Scheduled sleep and minimum time to eat and defecate with some sort of algorithm of when Majors land. All day, everyday, around the clock for the whole month.

I know this...

because.....

the person I just described.....

is me......

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/545065492464810584879540.gif

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahahahahahhahaa you should be the winner for that post

treadingwater
08-01-2013, 05:54 AM
It's obviously legal reasons for it only US-only and Trion probably isn't at fault. In future seasons it really should be made open to people around the world, seeing as Trion owns all the character data anyways.

They should consider adding some event that involves a semi-decent amount of skill to complete. If your character can complete the event, you get entered into a pool of potential applicants and it's a random chance to win. I don't like the idea as someone who works that the contest gets won by a) cheaters/hackers or b) no-lifers who play 24/7, though I suppose it could be argued they deserve more for their dedication.