PDA

View Full Version : Re-installing Defiance: Where the heck do I get that 64 bit version?

Sdric
07-31-2013, 12:11 PM
My comp. broke.

Now I try to get Defiance running again, but upon entering the Trion website-> Games-> Defiance -> Download I can don't have any options.

I download the patcher -> When I run it I can select my area and my language.

The problem:
It automatically installs the 32bit version, however I need the 64bit version.

Can anybody provide me a link to the 64bit version?

Thanks in advance,
Sdric

skepticck
07-31-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't think there is or ever was a 64 bit version, not that i'm aware of anyway.

rev
07-31-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't think there is or ever was a 64 bit version, not that i'm aware of anyway.

Which is typical of games actually. 32bit works just fine on 64bit...

Sdric
07-31-2013, 03:29 PM
I got an error message telling me that the 32bit isn't support.

Well, guess I simply have to swap the compatibility mode.

I had it running on Win8 so it should run on Win7 now as well...

Valethar
07-31-2013, 06:41 PM
I got an error message telling me that the 32bit isn't support.

Well, guess I simply have to swap the compatibility mode.

I had it running on Win8 so it should run on Win7 now as well...

Runs fine for me on Win7 64. The game could use a serious optimization pass or four, but it runs fine otherwise.

Sanguinesun
07-31-2013, 06:43 PM
win7 64 here and no issues of this sort.

Night Demon
07-31-2013, 07:50 PM
win7 64 here and no issues of this sort.

i still wish they would support x64 plus dx11.. as my dual graphics set up don't even work i have to use the 6670 only.. witch it

pushes this game on high like its a joke but still.. id like to be able to change my FOV to stupid amounts and actually use my 4.2ghz a-10 to its... full power.. as i can't it saddens me... really bad. i mean even wow as piss poor as the graphics are on it i can

actually run my dual graphics and overclocked apu.. just because... it is.... direct x 11.. it cant be that hard to give us some tweaking and tuning as we are all pc players..

i know it would make the console gamers mad.. to give us nice shinny direct x 11 while they are still looking at low res.. graphics.. and no bloom and no motion blur. lol. i mean pc is where the real gaming nerds dwell..

skepticck
07-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Which is typical of games actually. 32bit works just fine on 64bit...

There are a few games that have 64 bit versions, one that comes to mind is Aion and although the 32 bit version works well enough, the 64 bit works a lot better.

Clarkeh
08-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Defiance is purely a 32Bit game, The main reason for this was the development team figured a 32 bit game would be easier to optimize across all three platforms.

dominad
08-02-2013, 09:42 AM
My comp. broke.

Now I try to get Defiance running again, but upon entering the Trion website-> Games-> Defiance -> Download I can don't have any options.

I download the patcher -> When I run it I can select my area and my language.

The problem:
It automatically installs the 32bit version, however I need the 64bit version.

Can anybody provide me a link to the 64bit version?

Thanks in advance,
Sdric

Hey Sdric for most 32bit issues just right click on the exe and chose run as administrator and then compatibility and select it to run under an older system. It is likely the game is loading up without properly checking and hence giving you the error.

Gomly
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Runs fine on my win 7 x64 through Steam.