PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!

GJDiamond
07-31-2013, 02:20 PM
If there's ever been a game to stop me from reading reviews before purchasing games its got to be this one.

Tonight is my first solid night on the game and I am very surprised at how much fun this game actually is. Explosions, co op missions and everything was going down. I couldn't even tell you what I was doing but it was damn right awesome!! Cant wait to burn some more of my life up on this game.

Great job developers, keep it up.

Oh and bugs... Bugs everywhere :D

L Y
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
I love reading posts like this welcome to the game and glad to hear you're enjoying it. good times

Tamsin
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
I have been playing for just a few days too. My biggest complaint is I haven't had much time to play. I wonder if we will become jaded and disillusioned after a few months.

Chevota
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Depending on how fast you burn through content, itll be about 2-4 weeks. Then, how much of a completionist you are, 2-3 months. Add a solid month when a DLC hits.

If you have nothing better to do, then, you wont really get away from the game (me). But it appears DLC is right around the corner (not many have caught on that the DLC Achievements are showed on the 360 now.

But! fear not!... You 2 havent even been able to sniff the best part of the game yet. You missed the Sieges... TBH, i hate the zombie-era Gaming is going through, its over-saturated and obnoxious. However, Afflicted Sieges made this game. MADE THE GAME... and we'll get em back eventually, along with Volge Sieges which should be EEEEEPPPPPIIIIICCCC.

...You can only do SO many of the 3 different Major Arkfalls until they become a grind. But when the DLC hits, Volge Sieges hit (and perhaps Afflicted Sieges as well). Also a Dark Matter Arkfall, "Monolith Arkfalls" theyre called. and moar weapons...

SO if you hit the wall in a week, or feel lonely + repetitive, know new content is coming. And that all these "I quit, im leaving" liars, will be back to check it out. These new events will be Packed also, so expect disturbances with connections when they do first arrive.

Defenze
07-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Depending on how fast you burn through content, itll be about 2-4 weeks. Then, how much of a completionist you are, 2-3 months. Add a solid month when a DLC hits.

If you have nothing better to do, then, you wont really get away from the game (me). But it appears DLC is right around the corner (not many have caught on that the DLC Achievements are showed on the 360 now.

But! fear not!... You 2 havent even been able to sniff the best part of the game yet. You missed the Sieges... TBH, i hate the zombie-era Gaming is going through, its over-saturated and obnoxious. However, Afflicted Sieges made this game. MADE THE GAME... and we'll get em back eventually, along with Volge Sieges which should be EEEEEPPPPPIIIIICCCC.

...You can only do SO many of the 3 different Major Arkfalls until they become a grind. But when the DLC hits, Volge Sieges hit (and perhaps Afflicted Sieges as well). Also a Dark Matter Arkfall, "Monolith Arkfalls" theyre called. and moar weapons...

SO if you hit the wall in a week, or feel lonely + repetitive, know new content is coming. And that all these "I quit, im leaving" liars, will be back to check it out. These new events will be Packed also, so expect disturbances with connections when they do first arrive.

Exactly what he said. Very well thought out post. Continue my son.

SeijuroHiko1981
07-31-2013, 06:19 PM

A'MEN BROTHER! Bless youer ammo and hope youer scrip be plenteful.

GJDiamond
07-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Sounds like I'm in for a treat!

Couple of newbie questions;

. What are sieges/afflicted sieges and how come there no longer around if we missed them?

. Is there many of those co op missions because they were good fun?

Thanks in advance

A s0t
07-31-2013, 11:46 PM

. What are sieges/afflicted sieges and how come there no longer around if we missed them?

Thanks in advance

sieges be back with dlc!
there are several co-op missions

x13FISHx
08-01-2013, 01:07 AM
They were a variation of horde or overrun, pretty chaotic. They would lag the instances to some degree so they pulled them down to balance them.

Ainrehtea
08-01-2013, 03:28 AM

I-I...want to hug you. <3

Yes, the game is fun. I'd also like to point out that forum rage threads and such are the 1% the rest are enjoying the game. :)

Deirachel
08-01-2013, 03:40 AM

Thanks in advance

Second one first, check your Pursuits > Season One > Co-Op. There is a pursuit for each of the Co-ops.

Sieges are point defense events. In the one we've done before (the Afflicted Siege), three locations had to be defended from a huge number of enemies. You got points for kills and assists. Highest points got top of the leader board (not highest damage...). Just like Ark Fall, though, your reward gear was random, not based off of your leader board placement. If I remember it correctly, Trick said on the KTAM Radio interview the Sieges aren't in the rewind, because they changed the code for the Volge Siege we will have in the upcoming DLC, which made them something that could not have been turned back on, without causing severe problems.

Weeman
08-01-2013, 04:29 AM
If there's ever been a game to stop me from reading reviews before purchasing games its got to be this one.

Tonight is my first solid night on the game and I am very surprised at how much fun this game actually is. Explosions, co op missions and everything was going down. I couldn't even tell you what I was doing but it was damn right awesome!! Cant wait to burn some more of my life up on this game.

Glad to see a thread about enjoying the game, not a 12 year olds temper tantrum :D

PhonJam
08-01-2013, 04:47 AM

!That!!!!!

Tayxo
08-01-2013, 04:53 AM

Sieges where part of a episode/TV show event. Defiance is not only a cool game, it's a cool TV show too. Sadly season 1 of the TV show just ended a few weeks ago, but while the season was running every other week the game had special events that crossed over from the show or had things that showed up later in the show. Some where just a few extra emergencies along the road, others where short quests and one of the episode special events where the sieges.
Sieges are similar to arkfalls - a open world multiplayer coop event with lots, and lots of enemies and many players trying to kill as much of the enemies as possible in a specific time. Everybody had a lot of fun.

Sadly there aren't that many Co-Op maps, but you can play them over and over again. You can try out different weapons and try to complete the pursuits, or just do them for the fun of shooting enemies. They make the most fun if you are in a group with friends. In my opinion they never get boring.

Darx
08-01-2013, 05:29 AM

Exactly my thoughts.

I'm in two weeks or something and scratching 1000 Ego now. Watching/playing Defiance pretty much became my life's meaning. Just can't put it away. Guess I'm addicted.... in a good way :)

N3gativeCr33p
08-01-2013, 05:36 AM

Bugs... meaning hellbugs everywhere, right? ;)

GJDiamond
08-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Bugs... meaning hellbugs everywhere, right? ;)

Yeah haha, hellbugs indeed!