PDA

View Full Version : I'm pumped dlc today

The Guy
07-31-2013, 04:47 PM
That is what should have been . Comic con end of July so are you still gone to say they never delayed dlc . No they just keep shoveling crap and giving boost. August is tomorrow yet not even a date hell the 2nd dlc should be out . Well atleasy there are a ton of people playing , its a ghost town please i loved this game but now ?

Sanguinesun
07-31-2013, 04:49 PM
That is what should have been . Comic con end of July so are you still gone to say they never delayed dlc . No they just keep shoveling crap and giving boost. August is tomorrow yet not even a date hell the 2nd dlc should be out . Well atleasy there are a ton of people playing , its a ghost town please i loved this game but now ?

Weeks(if not months really) late to the issues.

Welcome to the desert of the real, Neo.

JxSiN
07-31-2013, 05:01 PM
My guess would be 3rd or 4th week of August. To be completely fair, when July was announced at E3, the guy seemed really unsure of himself as he answered. Now, Trion seems really sure that it would be in August (more so than the old EP who said July), but we haven't seen any true advertisement for it yet. I estimate about 2 weeks of advertising to build some hype, 1 at the very least. So that is why I am assuming closer to the end of the month. However, Sledge did mention that some new info or a vid or something may be coming down the pipe to us this week.

Atticus Batman
07-31-2013, 05:05 PM
My guess would be 3rd or 4th week of August. To be completely fair, when July was announced at E3, the guy seemed really unsure of himself as he answered. Now, Trion seems really sure that it would be in August (more so than the old EP who said July), but we haven't seen any true advertisement for it yet. I estimate about 2 weeks of advertising to build some hype, 1 at the very least. So that is why I am assuming closer to the end of the month. However, Sledge did mention that some new info or a vid or something may be coming down the pipe to us this week.

If it helps I saw it on the ingame newsfeed last nite when picking my character. It says "this August for DLC". That is definitely more advertisement than before!

SpiritumLiberum
07-31-2013, 06:40 PM
30th aug.

/10

Wtflag
07-31-2013, 07:03 PM
30th aug.

/10

Whoa hold your horses, that's way too optimistic.

31 Aug is the date.

MaxSterling
07-31-2013, 07:06 PM
They said August, but which year? :confused:

dreamon666
07-31-2013, 07:15 PM

2014, when the next season of the TV show has started for over two months!

Sanguinesun
07-31-2013, 07:16 PM

To use now a new running joke concerning RedAvacado(his fault really): the Year of the Horse.(Which I believe is next year :P)

Night Demon
07-31-2013, 08:02 PM

would not get your hopes.. up.. they still have not stated when in aug it will be dropped. they really need to fix the obvious scaling ego drop errors and minor random bugs that are plaugeing the game before they add more content to bug it out more.. just coming from someone that been playing pc games sense unreal first came out. this game has a chance to be one of the better shooter game's in the newer generation of gamer's but they are really letting it slip fast.. and as i down more beers i just see it falling down faster

ralisti
07-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Does it even matter any more? While there are still some thinking the DLC will somehow breathe new life into the game, many do not care about it at all any more. The game has fallen off the radar of many people as they have lost faith not just in the game, but in the company.

The DLC is not anything special. A new skin applied to the humanoid model. A new skin applied to the truck model. New skins applied to the weapon models. The only thing that is really new is the charge weapons, and I am willing to bet they will not live up to expectations. The rest have been done by others, and I will bet the other did it better.

The only thing Defiance has released successfully is disappointment.

Anonymus Lurker
08-01-2013, 12:25 AM
DLC is to cake as cake is to ?

Can anyone solve for cake?

Satsuki
08-01-2013, 12:46 AM
DLC is to cake as cake is to ?

Can anyone solve for cake?

http://i1.theportalwiki.net/img/thumb/7/79/GLaDOS_P2.png/400px-GLaDOS_P2.png
"I would answer, but I'm too busy testing Volge with Deadly Neurotoxin. It isn't working nearly as well as it did on those humans I let loose a while ago. You remember them. All screaming and flailing about mindlessly. Afflicted? I don't know what you mean. I called them "bunny hoppers". I looked it up."

NinjaofSmoke
08-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Come to see if there was the slightest hint of the DLC coming out...appears not. I'm going back to bed.

Dave Blackwell
08-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Comic con end of July so are you still gone to say they never delayed dlc . No they just keep shoveling crap and giving boost. August is tomorrow yet not even a date hell the 2nd dlc should be out.

Dates were never mentioned, I would like to point out that only months have been stated, not an exact date. It's even mentioned in the TOU's that dates for release are merely estimates and shouldn't be taken as concrete fact. Possibly the only date that was mentioned was during May - other than that no other date has been said regarding DLC. Trion holds the right to hold/delay anything regarding Defiance for as long as they so please (Refer to the TOU's), I don't understand why people are so surprised that it was pushed back. Will it be pushed back again in August? Who knows, but you should not be surprised if it is; that said it's more likely to be August than any other month that was previously mentioned - just don't hold on to false hope.

Dracian
08-01-2013, 05:17 AM
http://i1.theportalwiki.net/img/thumb/7/79/GLaDOS_P2.png/400px-GLaDOS_P2.png
"I would answer, but I'm too busy testing Volge with Deadly Neurotoxin. It isn't working nearly as well as it did on those humans I let loose a while ago. You remember them. All screaming and flailing about mindlessly. Afflicted? I don't know what you mean. I called them "bunny hoppers". I looked it up."

10/10 would read again :D

As for the DLC, I believed that August was just the month the release date would be announced :p

N3gativeCr33p
08-01-2013, 05:27 AM
While there may not be DLC today... according to their FB page, there are Volge helmets to be purchased. ;)

Jay Common
08-01-2013, 05:30 AM
My guess would be 3rd or 4th week of August.

I really hope it's at least by the 2nd week. I don't know if you have seen the list of games that is dropping in the 4th week of August, but that would be a terrible decision for Trion. It doesn't matter what type of game you like, there is something new dropping for everyone. They really need to give it their all and push it out so the people that have been here since the beginning at least get to experience it. I will have a shiny new game on August 27th (along with many other people) and Defiance will be put on the back burner for the indefinite future. I own the season pass, and I like the show, so I will come back to play all the new things eventually. But who knows if the game makes it that long.

Gerrard Wylde
08-01-2013, 05:34 AM
While there may not be DLC today... according to their FB page, there are Volge helmets to be purchased. ;)

Sweet another piece of clothing that does absolutely nothing that i have to spend real money on! Oh me first!

PurePlayinSerb
08-01-2013, 05:36 AM

i dunno what platform you people that say it's a ghost town are playing on, but on 360 i see more people playing it recently then ever, especially ark falls, i think the other day i seen the most people i ever seen at one, and it was like 4 in the morning eastern time.

N3gativeCr33p
08-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Sweet another piece of clothing that does absolutely nothing that i have to spend real money on! Oh me first!

HAHAHAHA.... take a number... I had to. ;)

http://www.microframecorp.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/CounterTopSystem-Zoom.jpg

Ali Mente
08-01-2013, 05:55 AM
The Sledgehammer70 why I think nothing more. The laugh but why us players behind closed doors

Haha how stupid people are too. The yes actually believe that the Easter Bunny has a relation with Santa

N3gativeCr33p
08-01-2013, 05:57 AM
The Sledgehammer70 why I think nothing more. The laugh but why us players behind closed doors

Haha how stupid people are too. The yes actually believe that the Easter Bunny has a relation with Santa

Translation?

Gerrard Wylde
08-01-2013, 06:29 AM

Uh something about Sledge not having anything more to say and them laughing at us players behind closed doors and how stupid we are. As to the easter bunny and santa... i got nothing... Oh and Sledge if you read this i didn't say anything i'm just attempting to translate.

Gomly
08-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Translation?

I think someone used Google translate.

I can never understand what that thing comes up with.

Slyfox2001
08-01-2013, 07:38 AM
i dunno what platform you people that say it's a ghost town are playing on, but on 360 i see more people playing it recently then ever, especially ark falls, i think the other day i seen the most people i ever seen at one, and it was like 4 in the morning eastern time.

Yeah, 360 here too and recently (about the past week or so) there have been an 'ish load of people at EVERY FREAKIN' Arkfall! It actually sucks as you can't do anything, no enjoyment to be had. The Arkfalls are horrible at scaling for more people so now it's just stand in the zone and hope that 1 of your bullets hits a target before they are actually dead so you can try and milk some codes out of it... totally lackluster. *sigh* Now I'm sad again...

Chrono499
08-01-2013, 07:41 AM

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/crying-baby.jpeg

Flank
08-01-2013, 07:42 AM

^^^ This guy knows whats up ^^^

PurePlayinSerb
08-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Yeah, 360 here too and recently (about the past week or so) there have been an 'ish load of people at EVERY FREAKIN' Arkfall! It actually sucks as you can't do anything, no enjoyment to be had. The Arkfalls are horrible at scaling for more people so now it's just stand in the zone and hope that 1 of your bullets hits a target before they are actually dead so you can try and milk some codes out of it... totally lackluster. *sigh* Now I'm sad again...

i think it's because the game is 20 bucks now, a lot of new people in the mix

Daholic
08-01-2013, 07:53 AM
i think it's because the game is 20 bucks now, a lot of new people in the mix

Some of the important things your fanbase wants to know are never Spoken on.

You don't know a lot of new people are playing, just maybe new people in your phase.

dreamon666
08-01-2013, 08:00 AM

Lol, i've just taken a look at them... they're f*cking ugly! Maybe if there was an armor to go with it it would make sense, but it falls so out of place atm, they can't fit on any armor in the store!

The only thing i can come up with is that those helmets are just a quick fix to boost their income a bit, so that people would start buying stuff from the store... even though it's a bad way to do it, that's what you get when you're desperate, you deliver crap...

treadingwater
08-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Does it even matter any more? While there are still some thinking the DLC will somehow breathe new life into the game, many do not care about it at all any more. The game has fallen off the radar of many people as they have lost faith not just in the game, but in the company.

The DLC is not anything special. A new skin applied to the humanoid model. A new skin applied to the truck model. New skins applied to the weapon models. The only thing that is really new is the charge weapons, and I am willing to bet they will not live up to expectations. The rest have been done by others, and I will bet the other did it better.

The only thing Defiance has released successfully is disappointment.

So leave the board if you hate it so much.

ralisti
08-01-2013, 09:12 AM
So leave the board if you hate it so much.

Where did I say I hated anything? What I stated was the truth for many people, and the reality of the DLC, especially given Trion's track record.

Your post is basically 'if you do not think they way I do, you need to leave'. It has nothing to do with what I said, and you go out of your way to misconstrue the post. It reeks of blatant fanboyism.

M0G
08-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Where did I say I hated anything? What I stated was the truth for many people, and the reality of the DLC, especially given Trion's track record.

Your post is basically 'if you do not think they way I do, you need to leave'. It has nothing to do with what I said, and you go out of your way to misconstrue the post. It reeks of blatant fanboyism.

Kinda true, im a hard die vet from day 1, and sooooo many of my clanmates or people I used to play with have just botten WAYYY to bored.

The took sieges

The pushed back DLC

They change what DLC is

I mean....is there a REASON to have any hope now?

If this DLC is not AMAZING, pretty sure this game is done.

Gomly
08-01-2013, 09:58 AM
im a hard die vet from day 1,

A whole 4 months .... so die hard .... may I touch you?

M0G
08-01-2013, 10:05 AM
You know there was a BETA for this game right?

And your right, 4 months is NOTHING, and I have already have 80% of the ppl I play with have leave....if anything your statement just helps me.

Some people paid $160 for this game 4 months ago, and now have to look at it in stores for $9.99....like, a total 180 in 4 months...whats gonna happen in 6 months?? or a year??

M0G
08-01-2013, 10:06 AM
may I touch you?

Your not better than anyone else here bro, $20 every half hour just like everyone else.

NinjaofSmoke
08-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm prepared to see the DLC complaints once it drops. Charged weapons will be nerfed, or asked to be nerfed from day one. Sieges will be too hard, they too will be nerfed. Monolith arkfall will nerfed as they are going to be nerfed. Hell the whole DLC will be asked to be nerfed in the first week of it being out. I bet my lucky green hellbug on it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ewl2ex.jpg

Dave Blackwell
08-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Kinda true, im a hard die vet from day 1, and sooooo many of my clanmates or people I used to play with have just botten WAYYY to bored.

If this DLC is not AMAZING, pretty sure this game is done.

Expecting the first batch of DLC to be 'amazing' is just blatantly asking for disappointment. I highly advise that those who are hoping for this to be the holy grail to knock down their expectations a peg or two otherwise we'll just be having another release day repeat of those who had far too high expectations and were greeted with nothing of what they assumed they would find.

Realism's knocking on your door; the DLC won't be 100% perfect, there will be unanticipated issues - don't be surprised.

Gomly
08-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Your not better than anyone else here bro, $20 every half hour just like everyone else.

I don't claim to be better than anyone else. I'm a random bloke on the internet, i'm as significant as every other person .... not very.

However.....

I don't pretend that 4 months is a "vet" of a game that's only been out ......... 4 months.

Had this game been out a year or two then yeah, then i'd say that person was a "die hard vet".

But 4 months?

Give me a break.

4 months, in the life of an online game such as this, is so meaningless it's laughable.

M0G
08-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Wow, way to take a joke....

Got some anger issues? wow. Just sayin I have been here day 1.....Considering most people start to have issues within the first month, its more just a statement that I love the game, and am still playing.

Your over angry and defensive attitude speaks volumes about your personality, relax a little bro

M0G
08-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Like...can you not tell the $20 comment was a joke??

Or did you ACTUALLY think I sell my body on the forums??

lol, get a clue

Gomly
08-01-2013, 10:26 AM
How did you get anger from my post?

I don't get angry on the internet, it's pointless. I make a comment a move along.

Maitreakow
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM

I have $10, can I just, you know, look at you?

<.<
>.>

Soren
08-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I get the feeling that they won't give the official date until they know it for certain, which probably means we won't know until the week of the DLC or maybe week before.

Not really helping though that the PTS isn't out yet, unless they're doing a reserved testing right now where only a handful of people were invited and are under NDA for some reason. Highly doubt that would be the case though.

If I had to take an educated guess or somewhat wild shot in the dark I'd guess the DLC will be arriving on the 20th, 21st, or 22nd since it seems like usually stuff only shows up on the XBL Marketplace on Tues/Wed/Thurs. That way they'll get it out before pushing it all the way to the end of August, and will have potentially next week to put out the PTS (if they still plan on doing that) and get around maybe a week or weekend's worth of testing in. Or maybe they'll somehow pull off getting it out sooner, like around the 14th. Or if worst comes to it they'll have the last week of August to push it out, but really hoping they won't do that.

Soren
08-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm prepared to see the DLC complaints once it drops. Charged weapons will be nerfed, or asked to be nerfed from day one. Sieges will be too hard, they too will be nerfed. Monolith arkfall will nerfed as they are going to be nerfed. Hell the whole DLC will be asked to be nerfed in the first week of it being out. I bet my lucky green hellbug on it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ewl2ex.jpg

Maybe they should just replace all of the weapons with NERF weapons then. I for one wouldn't complain about beating people with a foam sword. :p

Gomly
08-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Maybe they should just replace all of the weapons with NERF weapons then. I for one wouldn't complain about beating people with a foam sword. :p

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ__k5yxEUDtr3IRmg1Zhvde9voH6Q4 BcNEdO8pHyQDRP-8L-9

Tyger
08-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Just wait till players come in here QQing over being tore up by the Casti-blade.... The nerfs will be cried for, you'll see.

Dave Blackwell
08-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Just wait till players come in here QQing over being tore up by the Casti-blade.... The nerfs will be cried for, you'll see.

It'll happen for each and every DLC, it's unfortunate but it's entirely true. I dream of the day I can come across a game where developers just say that's the way it's staying and shows those who cry for 'nerfs' the door.

Jay Common
08-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Or y'all can do like I did. Pre-order a copy of FFXIV:ARR and POW....you get your own moogle forever and that's only $40 total. For endless hours.

Oh darn....that's just a cap....

On August 27th I shall don my moogle cap and undercut his pricing scheme!! Moogle touching for $15/hr!!!!!

:p